Top 8 Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Tools
UiPathAutomation Anywhere (AA)Microsoft Power AutomateBlue PrismBotFarmBlue Prism CloudVisualCronWorkFusion
It had pre-built integration with the scanning solution that we use called Kodak Alaris. They use our current scanners to scan in the documents, and then they have the software that allows you to load those documents right into UiPath Orchestrator. That gave us the ability to automate those processes.
The most valuable feature is the task bots because we found that cognitive functionality can be improvised.
The ease of use of getting started is probably the big thing. They had a lot of references that we were able to check. It is a well-known player, and being able to get up and running quickly was the big thing.
The most valuable feature is that it easily integrates with other Microsoft products, so it has multiple connectors. You can create solutions that connect to Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, and OneDrive.
The automation on offer is great.
I use the basic features that are very useful.
One of the most valuable features is the solution's simple automation regarding object cloning and strings variables.
The most valuable features are the portals for extracting data from PDF files, appending data to SAP, automating the SAP, downloading reports, and mapping and creating the reports accordingly to your requirements.
This product has additional functionality over Blue Prism Cloud Enterprise.
The solution is very complete. It's a good solution, for the kind of features that they offer.
The ability to clone jobs to shorten the time it takes to implement a process has been invaluable, but its flexibility also gives us the ability to create a job that can handle a multifaceted process with a complex workflow.
The most valuable features are the Excel activities. It has a number of Excel activities that are quite reliable.
We recommend different solutions based on our customers' needs, and WorkFusion is what we offer for those who need a premium solution.
Benefits and Disadvantages of RPA
The benefits of RPA are vast and continue to grow as the top automation software companies continue to develop the technology to take on more complicated tasks and more deeply integrate with business systems and other automation technologies, like AI and ML. The biggest advantage to RPA are the savings that come after implementing the technology. There’s a lot to take into consideration when talking about the cost of RPA, and even more so when you’re conducting an RPA cost benefit analysis. If your business has a lot of tasks that are simple and repeatable, you should strongly consider using a bot instead of a human and repurpose your human resource to an item that takes more skill and can drive revenue for the company. Our members have provided plenty of use cases to show how they are using bots to improve their business.
However, there are limitations of RPA, although far outweighed by the benefits, if the capabilities of the technology satisfy your needs. There have been concerns raised about the security of RPA, but our members have reduced it down to implementation error. In most cases, thoughtfulness and careful consideration of the technology and how it will be used will give you all you need to decide on whether or not to move forward with RPA.
Types of RPA Tools
- Programmable RPA Bots. First-generation RPA tools that required a set of inputs and needed to be programmed.
- Self-Learning Bots. RPA software that learns from log data and screen capture videos and then performs the actions that humans used to.
- Intelligent Automation/Cognitive Automation Tools. RPA bots with advanced functionalities such as image recognition and natural language processing, able to understand even unstructured data.
Features to Compare
There are a variety of different criteria that can and should be taken into consideration when selecting the best RPA tools for your business. These criteria and parameters very often depend on your specific needs, what your business and workflow require the most, and what your area of expertise demands.
Here are some of the most common and most important parameters used in the RPA tools comparison:
- Operational Scalability. Consider how well your new RPA tools will handle your business demands, respond to changes, requirements, and business operations.
- Security. Security is a vital parameter as the RPA bots will inevitably make changes to your customer data. Our members gave some of their insights on handling RPA security.
- Total Cost of Ownership. TCO includes the initial RPA tool setup cost, the ongoing vendor license fees, if there are any, as well as maintenance costs. All three should be taken into consideration when calculating your costs. For a lower cost, consider a low-maintenance RPA software.
- Ease of use and control. In order to increase efficiency and productivity, you need a user-friendly RPA tool that can be easily controlled and implemented and that your team can use without major difficulties.
- Cognitive capability. Some RPA software has cognitive capabilities that can self-learn.
Whether or not you choose to consider this parameter as well in your search for the top RPA tool will depend on what you are looking for in a certain RPA system and on what you see as vital for your own needs.
RPA Tools Comparison
|UiPath||9||Technical support for UiPath is great||The platform that shows the reports and errors is not too transparent.|
|Automation Anywhere||8||I implemented AA in different environments, the AA installation is the smoothest compared to other RPA software installs.||[They] should add more Analytics and Intelligence related capabilities|
|Blue Prism||7.6||The web-based designer is very user-friendly and easy to use||I would like to see machine learning functionality integrated with the automation|
|Kryon RPA||8.4||Attended automation has diverted 34 percent of training calls to our tech support centers||It could be more reliable in spying HTML|
|Blue Prism Cloud||8||The most valuable feature is the ability to write custom code||Having more AI functionality would be an improvement|
|VisualCron||9.8||It helped us reduce manual steps.||Our suggestion to make it better and more manageable in terms of GDPR: Implement it in a very partnership way|
|Microsoft Power Automate||7.6||Power Automate is intuitive and easy to use||Compared to other RPA solutions, there is a little bit of a feature gap|
|BotFarm||7.6||The best aspect is the UI, as it is very user-friendly||The deployment could be made a little bit easier|