Top 8 Converged Infrastructure
FlexPodDell PowerEdge VRTXDell VxBlock SystemHPE ConvergedSystemRackspace OpenStackOracle SuperClusterOracle Private Cloud ApplianceFujitsu PRIMEFLEX
The flexibility, operational efficiency, and scalability of FlexPod has been a huge factor for us because our customers have workloads that need to run on classical HTTPs, flash storage, or possibly in the cloud. This flexibility and enhanced ability of the solution is very important for this. We trust in it.
The solution is stable.
We now find that the solution is quite stable.
It's at least 99 percent problem-free because it's factory-built. So from an informational point of view, everyone trusts that VxBlock has been tested well at the factory and has been configured to their requirements.
This is a scalable solution. Our customers begin with an initial configuration and later add more servers, memory and other options to meet the demands of increased processing.
The most valuable feature is the customization. With the customization you can really give the customers what they want.
The documentation was plentiful and very helpful.
Unix is not as easy for the users, it needs more maintenance and costs extra.
The two features that I find to be the most valuable are high availability and high performance.
You will find the high availability and License Team with Oracle very valuable.
Supports connection to most of network topology, such as VLAN and network segmentation.
Advice From The CommunityRead answers to top Converged Infrastructure questions. 620,319 professionals have gotten help from our community of experts.
Converged Infrastructure Articles
Converged Infrastructure Topics
What is a converged infrastructure solution?What is a converged infrastructure datacenter?What are the benefits of using converged infrastructure?What are the disadvantages of the converged infrastructure?Converged Infrastructure Solution Features
What is a converged infrastructure solution?
A converged infrastructure (CI) solution is where a third-party provider can assemble everything you need in a converged infrastructure created exactly to your standards. These offerings are developed by top industry providers and can be developed for any industry and satisfy any specific needs or requirements as needed. These solutions can deliver increased ROI and improve speed, efficiency, and productivity. A proven CI solution will make the process even easier by ensuring that compatibility issues are minimized and everything can be up and running in hours as opposed to days or even weeks. You can find a solution that can be tailor-made to fit your organizational needs, saving time, money, and valuable resources. Additionally, the solutions will provide training and support to ensure your CI tool is always running as expected and you and your team understand how to get the best results from your CI solution at all times.
When selecting a Converged Infrastructure solution for your organization, PeerSpot users recommend looking for a true end-to-end solution and choosing a vendor who will be able to to assist with the migration. Common concerns that should be taken into consideration include flexibility of configuration, scalability, and overall cost of the solution.
What is a converged infrastructure datacenter?
A converged infrastructure data center is a data center that is built on (CI). Without CI, data centers were taking up a significant amount of space, resulting in excessive costs and greatly reduced efficiencies. A CI data center is primarily an architecture that consolidates and combines hardware components into a single virtual data center and a single management process. These virtual datacenters simplify the processes, resulting in significant savings for business enterprises while increasing overall agility and productivity.
What are the benefits of using converged infrastructure?
The benefits of using converged infrastructure include:
- Cost Savings - A properly developed converged infrastructure will save money. There will be a reduction in the number of devices needed to run your hardware infrastructure. It costs less to operate and manage one infrastructure.
- Time Savings - A converged Infrastructure saves time. Processes move much faster and more efficiently. You will experience increased productivity and be able to allocate resources elsewhere in your organization, increasing overall profitability.
Improved Scalability- A converged infrastructure makes it easier to scale when needed. As you have one device and one infrastructure, the process to scale is less complex and can be handled faster and with greater ease.
What are the disadvantages of the converged infrastructure?
The disadvantages of using converged infrastructure include:
- “Fate-sharing” - With everything on one network, if you have a system crash, everything is likely to crash together, potentially resulting in unplanned downtime and reduced productivity.
- Vendor Lockin - When you commit to a converged infrastructure, you are locked into a single vendor, which can result in fewer options for other solutions and offerings. You may be bound by strict licensing fees or be stuck with a solution that doesn’t offer everything you may require as your growing business needs change.
- Added Complexity - Based on the architecture, it may be more difficult to add upgrades or additional components.
Converged Infrastructure Solution Features
Features to look for in a converged infrastructure solution include:
- Automation - Your CI solution should be able to automate many tasks. As everything is compatible, everything should integrate and run smoothly. With a click of a few buttons, the CI solution should do the work for you.
- Advanced Monitoring - A good CI solution will be able to provide round-the-clock monitoring for your system and offer complete transparency. One tool should be able to monitor and provide feedback for performance, storage, security, and more.
- Integration - There are many CI solutions that will be able to integrate well with your current ecosystem, making the transition much easier.