1. Lower overall costs due to a smaller compute footprint.
2. Moving to a stateless and ephemeral architecture dramatically reduces the need for persistent storage and means spending less money on storage.
3. Containers help improve the productivity and efficiency of staff by automating provisioning and deprovisioning. It also simplifies storage management by removing dependencies on server-specific applications.
4. Using immutable container images reduces the amount of storage capacity consumed.
5. Sharing redundant information among containers leads to lower storage costs.
6. As the features and benefits of containers continue to improve, competition drives the cost down, so that container management is getting better and cheaper every day.