IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Verint Robotic Process Automation OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Verint Robotic Process Automation?

With Verint Robotic Process Automation, organizations can automate repetitive and time-consuming processes, allowing employees to focus on more complex and customer-related activities.

Verint Robotic Process Automation Video

Verint Robotic Process Automation Reviews

Raun Kilgo - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Information Officer, Automation Practice Manager Executive at Advantage Point Solutions LLC
Reseller
It lightens the workload while giving our clients greater visibility into what's being done and how
  • "Verint RPA gives our clients greater visibility into what's being done and how. It also lightens the load on the workers by automating tasks."
  • "Verint RPA needs a more robust toolset to create complex UIs for workers. It's probably not just this product. Almost all automation solutions have similar limitations."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily work with call center projects. Top management or directors usually don't work with Verint. Supervisors, managers, contact center agents, and back-office workers use these solutions. Automation makes workers more efficient by providing faster access to information and doing some rule-driven work that would typically require multiple applications. Verint automates task-level activity.

All of this RPA stuff is like software duct tape. No company wants to use RPA for its mission-critical processes. Companies use RPA when hundreds or thousands of programs need to interact with their core applications and processes.

You use RPA to overcome integration shortcomings in major vendors' products, so you use solutions like Mulesoft API Management, enterprise service bus, and RPA. These companies have evolved to simplify how workers interact with a highly complex and continually fragmenting user set. It's like duct tape to patch a hole or wrap a considerable amount of information all in one bundle.

How has it helped my organization?

Verint RPA gives our clients greater visibility into what's being done and how. It also lightens the load on the workers by automating tasks.

What is most valuable?

Verint's underlying analytical framework is extremely valuable. It borders on process mining.

What needs improvement?

Verint RPA needs a more robust toolset to create complex UIs for workers. It's probably not just this product. Almost all automation solutions have similar limitations.

Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Verint, Kryon Systems, UiPath and others in Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Updated: July 2022.
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've worked with Verint RPA for a couple of years. I'm more of an implementer than a user. I lead a professional services organization that does projects for other companies.

Verint engineering is superior. It's very stable. We haven't had any problems with that. That's not an issue.

Verint RPA is highly scalable.

Verint support is excellent. I rate it 10 out of 10.

I've used Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath, and Pega Robotics, formerly OpenSpan. I still have ongoing projects with those, which tend to be client-driven.

Verint probably works better for us because it originated in the call center world. Pega Robotics is probably the only one that can match Verint in that segment. Verint is better for call center employees or back-office workers. Depending on the use case, we could have used Automation Anywhere or UiPath.
Those other solutions focus on replacing workers and automating all their tasks. Verint aims to make the workers more efficient and allow management to see what the worker is doing. You can have an equally significant impact with either approach, but I prefer the human-centered approach.

Setting up Verint RPA is complex, but the other solutions are no different. Deployment time depends on the scope of the projects. You can get up and running fairly quickly for a small set of users and a limited use case.

All of these companies will tell you they're democratizing software development. They'll say their stuff is easy to install, and you'll be up and running in no time. That's only true for a limited set of use cases. Once you expand your footprint beyond that, things get a bit more complex. And you have to start asking yourself, "At what point is it smarter to change my infrastructure instead of duct-taping all of this stuff together?"

Our customers typically see a 15 to 35 percent return on investment.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate Verint Robotic Process Automation nine out of 10. There's always room for improvement. If you plan to use Verint RPA, I recommend focusing on the process, not the technology.