IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

VisualCron OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

VisualCron is #7 ranked solution in top Managed File Transfer (MFT) tools, #8 ranked solution in top Workload Automation tools, and #17 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give VisualCron an average rating of 8 out of 10. VisualCron is most commonly compared to Microsoft Power Automate: VisualCron vs Microsoft Power Automate. VisualCron is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Workload Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is VisualCron?

VisualCron combines many features into one product. Through scheduling you can set your Jobs to run on a specific time or event. The Tasks in each Job automate scripts and eliminate human errors. Through various Tasks you can integrate different systems through file transfer and conversion.

VisualCron Customers

7 Eleven, ABB Sécheron SA, Adobe Systems Incorporated, Amazon Europe Core, Apple, Assa Abloy, Aston Martin, Banco Santander, BMW (Australia)

VisualCron Video

VisualCron Pricing Advice

What users are saying about VisualCron pricing:
"ROI is one month."

VisualCron Reviews

Software Engineer
Has many features and plugins but it's not easy to set up
  • "We don't have to do any coding. We just plug and play and it works."
  • "The only problem I face when I use the tool is that it doesn't contain much documentation or it doesn't have many video tutorials on its features."

What is our primary use case?

It's a scheduling tool. We can configure it and schedule different tasks and it will automatically process this task in a timely manner. We have some applications running in the server and built them to be executed in a timely manner. We use this tool to trigger those applications and process some specific tasks.

What is most valuable?

This tool actually is meant for scheduling purposes. If I have to execute a task that needs to be executed on a daily basis at night, at 10:00 PM, for example, it can perform some tasks at a specific time based on our configuration.If I want to send some files to a specific location, to some specific client, and then, after, if I want to send an email to that client that I have uploaded the file to their particular location, just to notify them, I can do that using this product. We can do some configuration in the VisualCron tool. We can create a job and in the job, we can define some tasks, for example, task one, task two, and task three, and they will follow some order and process. Based on that order and process, we can configure when the job should be executed, whether it's at night, at 10:00 PM every day or after five minutes every day, or whatever we require. There are lots of options for configuration. The application itself has many features. It supports a lot of plugins.  We don't have to do any coding. We just plug and play and it works.

What needs improvement?

The only problem I face when I use the tool is that it doesn't contain much documentation or it doesn't have many video tutorials on its features. That means I have to explore it by looking into the tool. I find all the features by myself, as there is not much good documentation to help me. I have to explore everything from a scratch. It's not that easy to set up.

I am using this tool for the last three to four years.
Workload Automation
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about NetCart AB, BMC, Redwood Software and others in Workload Automation. Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's stable. I do not face many problems. We have had a couple of applications running for the last three or four years and we do not face any problems so far.

This is not actually a web application. It's a desktop application. There is no concern about scalability here. We can configure as many applications within it as we want. We do not see any problem with that. We use this tool to configure and deploy a lot of software. There are only a few people or some DevOps who are responsible for deploying the software in their applications. Therefore, in terms of people, there are fewer, however, in terms of how many pieces of software are using that tool, that is actually the concern here. If you think about scalability, it actually means how many applications it can handle. And that's not a problem.

I've never contacted their technical team. Whatever I implemented and developed, I did it by myself. I faced some problems during activating users in the tool, however, we have our internal engineers and we discussed problems with the team. Internally, we are able to solve the problem. We don't require their support team.

It's not that easy to implement. It's totally a technical thing. For my company, actually, I have to deploy and install and configure everything in the production server since I am the only person to have access to the server. Not everyone can just install it on the server. There are lots of things to configure manually inside the application.Only a technical person or an expert with this type of thing. It's not like anyone from the team can do it. It's quite complex. On top of that, they don't provide much detailed documentation. The maintenance is easy. It's not difficult since once you have it installed unless your license has expired. If your license is expired, you have to plug in the license to enable it. There are lots of applications that can be deployed using this tool, and there is an option to group the application by some grouping name. It can easily filter out from their UI, however, their UI has lots of features. At a glance, it looks quite complex, however, after doing some work on it, you may be familiar with it, as there are lots of features on its UI, with lots of buttons and lots of menus. That can be quite tricky.

The licensing is paid on a yearly basis, not a monthly or daily basis. My manager actually provided me with the license on the server so I had to install the application on the server, and then I had to plug in the license. I installed that application in 2019 on the production server. So far, I do not have to update the license. It's still running. I'm not sure when we have to renew.  My company purchased the solution. I'm not sure how much was paid.

What other advice do I have?

We are partners.  It's a third-party application. Our company purchased it. We have a license for that application. We installed the application on one of our on-premise servers where we deploy the applications and those applications are being used by the tool to configure and trigger on a daily basis. The first thing new users need to know is why they are going to use it. There are lots of features and lots of options. How it will benefit a company depends based on the need. It has a very minimal, very easy configuration and a very complex setup. It's a good idea to know a few basic concepts of the VisualCron application before getting started. It will help with work in the long run. I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.
reviewer1356075 - PeerSpot reviewer
ICT at Bouw Logistic Services
Automates different steps in your business processes
  • "VisualCron is a very powerful program to automate different steps in your business processes. We use it to automate replacing files and inform departments about the replacement."
  • "There are some conditions in the mail trigger, but you can only use them as an "AND" condition, not as an "OR" condition. This is an improvement that could be useful. For example, some people put "invoice" in the subject and others put "invoice" in the body. If I want to make a trigger for everybody whose sending invoices, I have to make two jobs for this now."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for replacing files from our FTP server to our network work folders or as an email selector for invoices. We receive invoices into a certain mailbox depending on the sender address where we make mail triggers. In the trigger, we can manage what to do with the attachments:

1. We put the invoice into a process folder.
  2. We put the attachments into a subfolder where we merge the invoice with attachments.
  3. Once you make the job/trigger in every mail, it is processed automatically.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

Mail trigger: When a mail is delivered into a specific inbox, you can fire off your task depending on this.

Event trigger: When a file is placed in a certain folder, you fire off your task depending on this.

There are a lot of tasks that you can use for all kinds of stuff.

It's very useful to use variables which help you to specify some jobs.

The forum is very useful.

What needs improvement?

There are some conditions in the mail trigger, but you can only use them as an "AND" condition, not as an "OR" condition. This is an improvement that could be useful. For example, some people put "invoice" in the subject and others put "invoice" in the body. If I want to make a trigger for everybody whose sending invoices, I have to make two jobs for this now.

Seven years.

Good.

Very good.

Michael and Henrik from support are very kind, helpful, and almost always available for questions when there is something wrong with a job (you have made), but is not working anymore. The have helped me often with different things.

The forum is very useful for solutions on things you want to change or problems you are struggling with.

Straightforward with the help of support.

In-house.

One month.

Private Cloud

Other
Download our free Workload Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about NetCart AB, BMC, Redwood Software, and more!
Updated: June 2022