Top 8 Business Process Design
Camunda PlatformSparx Systems Enterprise ArchitectVisioARIS BPAerwin Data Modeler by QuestBizagiSAP Signavio Process ManagerVisual Paradigm
We have been able to save costs using this solution compared to the product we used before.
The most valuable features are the workflow, the task list, and the modeler where we use VPN.
Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect was easy to set up and it took just twenty minutes.
We could capture the process models around 24 countries with all their local variations.
It's a very flexible solution.
It is a useful tool to map data flows, network objects, and computer science technology and show to clients. It does what I need it to do. It's a tool I've used the longest, so I know it the best, and that's probably the claim to fame.
It brings transparency and 360-degree views of end-to-end processes.
ARIS BPA provides very good visibility and control of processes because we have a concurrent license system. As a result, every person in our company and group is able to look at the published processes.
The principal feature that I liked is that the solution has a very graphic interface.
They have a lot of features and the most up-to-date technology integration, which I haven't seen in other products.
I like the integration part, and I also like how they use the database, such as the data when they implement all the data side, and how you can easily integrate it with their widgets.
Process Manager is really helpful in building process maps. Creating them is really easy; the program is user-friendly.
I really like the Collaboration Hub because it's so easy to communicate. And what is really important is that you can use it asynchronously. It doesn't matter if you're working in Italy or in America. You are using the same process and you can speak about the same process.
The Visual Paradigm business process forms for designing we good. There was not a lot of configuration for the process diagram.
Stable design software with multiple functions and features. It's simple to install and easy to use.
Advice From The CommunityRead answers to top Business Process Design questions. 619,967 professionals have gotten help from our community of experts.
Business Process Design Topics
What is a business process design solution?How do I create a business process design?What are the three types of business process designs?Benefits of Business Process Design SolutionsFeatures of Business Process Design Solutions
What is a business process design solution?
Today, business process design (BPD) solutions are gaining popularity across many organizations worldwide. BPD solutions are software-based enterprise-level business tools that can better facilitate work processes, help automate mundane recurrent tasks, administer rudimentary processing, and control various process strategies. A value-added BPD solution will expedite and improve workflows and processes, ensuring the highest levels of productivity, efficiency, and profitability. Your BPD solution will ensure that work is distributed through the proper channels, to the correct users at the appropriate time, every single time. Your BPD solution will maintain productivity and secure effective, open lines of communication to maintain effective progress of workflows. This will allow your teams to better understand their goals. to stay focused on their tasks, and to work together to achieve the desired end result quickly and on time.
How do I create a business process design?
Here are some of the steps to consider when creating your BPD:
- Goals - What are your goals? What are the objectives you hope to accomplish and when do you want to accomplish them? Your BPD may be to see a specific project to successful competition, or a long-term company goal such as increasing customer retention or improving repeat business transactions. Once you have your goals determined, you can move to the next step.
- Research - A great plan will involve researching proven methods of success from others who have successfully accomplished similar goals. Which methods will work best in your business environment and how can you adjust them to ensure success in your organization? Speak with all shareholders in the process to ensure every possible scenario has been considered and feasible conclusions can be met at the desired time.
- Plan - You will want to work through every process and highlight how every team member and department contributes to the end result. You will want to be very specific as to which department is responsible for each phase of each assigned task, the exact pipeline the task will travel to reach the successful outcome you have stipulated in your process plan. It is a good idea to make a practice run to make certain the process you have put in place will work as desired and achieve the expected outcomes.
- Deploy - You are now ready to begin following your plan and to integrate the process throughout your organization. You will want to make sure you continue to follow the process until its successful completion.
What are the three types of business process designs?
There are generally three types of business process design: operational processes, supporting processes, and management processes.
- Operational processes - These are the processes that have a direct correlation to the overall output and profitability of your organization. They represent the framework of the structure as to how your organization functions to create the product(s) or service(s) you provide to your customers. These processes can also include marketing, delivery, service, and the support you provide throughout the lifecycle process of your product or service.
- Supporting processes -The supporting processes are the processes that ensure the operational processes can be successfully completed. They are mandatory, crucial, and instrumental to the overall success of the process. Although these processes do not directly generate income for the business organization, without these processes in place, the operational processes would be ineffective and not be able to achieve the desired results. Supporting processes are also sometimes known as secondary processes.
- Management processes - The management process is where the operational and supporting processes converge together. The management process is responsible for administrating and overseeing that the operational and supporting processes are working together effectively, ensuring desired outcomes are being realized. Additionally, the management process will be able to identify areas of improvement, processes that are exceeding expectations, and sourcing other avenues that can benefit from the business process and generate additional income for the organization.
Benefits of Business Process Design Solutions
The benefits of BPD solutions include:
- Cost-effectiveness - A BPD solution will save you money. A BPD solution can automate many processes, minimizing staffing needs and reducing errors and ineffectiveness. Your business process can become more agile as processes become more flexible and adjustments can be made more easily and seamlessly.
- Increased Profitability - Your BPD solution will bring a greater level of accountability and improve the productivity of team members and staff. Overall operational tasks and processes will be simplified, adding to increased output and even greater effectiveness and overall improved profitability.
- Compliance - A BPD solution can also ensure that regulatory and government compliance standards are being maintained at all times, avoiding costly fines and penalties.
Features of Business Process Design Solutions
When considering BPD solutions, look for the following features:
- Improved collaboration - One of the greatest features of a BPD solution is how well it allows for effective communication of all shareholders working on the assigned project/process. The ability for all levels of the parties involved to visualize and discuss the progress of the process at all times is what makes the BPD tool most effective and ensures the project or process is on track to achieve the desired result.
- Easy integration - The best BPD solutions integrate seamlessly with other tools and IT infrastructures. The solution should be able to import and export data from most, if not all 3rd party solutions in every available format.
- Very agile - Many BPD solutions are available on premise and/or on the cloud. It is important to understand what your business needs are and to ensure that the BPD solution you choose offers the right deployment options for your business needs.
- Automated workflows - Your BPD solution will create a set of protocols based on the criteria prescribed by the solution administrator and will make the best decisions on how the workflows should progress without any human interaction. These automated processes improve functionality and provide great transparency to all contributors to the project's eventual success.