Top 8 Internet Security
Cisco UmbrellaZscaler Internet AccessTitanHQ WebTitanForcepoint Secure Web GatewayMcAfee Web ProtectionQuad9Trend Micro Web SecurityCisco ScanSafe Web Security SaaS
The single-pane-of-glass management is really important. In today's era, administration costs and operational expenses will cost you a lot, and it reduces that as well. You don't need extra resources to manage all your parameter firewalls, looking at every single device to allow resources internal access. By just introducing the single-pane-of-glass management, it has lifted the burden off of management, especially the network management.
The initial setup is very straightforward.
There is no lag in service when accessing the internet.
It doesn't require installing an agent or software on individual workstations, which is very important for us. I don't have to go around every single machine and/or push updates out because of this product. The product improves on its own without having to go to workstations, which is an ideal thing because it doesn't tie up staff's time to upgrade the machines. I don't need to upgrade the software to make WebTitan work. I wish all products were that way.
There is some sandboxing available, which is quite useful.
The policies are category-based, so knowledge of another content URL is not compulsory.
The stability has a good standard right now.
Provides good accessibility and handles any overload very well.
The most valuable feature of Quad9 is that it is a free solution.
The solution is stable.
We find the advanced license for the DLP to be particularly useful with this product.
It is valuable to be able to block whole categories or groups at one time.
The web security is great.
Advice From The CommunityRead answers to top Internet Security questions. 656,474 professionals have gotten help from our community of experts.
Internet Security Articles
Internet Security Topics
What are the types of internet security?Why is internet security important?Is internet security necessary?What is internet security software?Internet Security Software BenefitsInternet Security Software Features
What are the types of internet security?
The types of internet security include:
- Email security: Email is important to every user. Almost everyone today has at least one email address that they use regularly. Email gateways are often considered one of the most vulnerable areas to attack. Hackers can gain access to a user's email account and do all kinds of damage to a business or even cause irreparable personal damage. A value-added email security application can control the email traffic and block any potential attacks and keep users' data safe.
- Wireless security: In today’s hectic marketplace, everything is wireless. Every business and/or meeting place has some sort of wireless access. Wireless networks are not as secure as wired, so wireless security needs to be dynamic, robust, and secure.
- Antivirus and anti-malware solutions: These solutions are designed to protect users from any type of threats to their networks, such as ransomware, spyware, and viruses. Many of these types of threats can be embedded in a network via the internet and can go unnoticed and untouched until it is too late. An appropriate antivirus or anti-malware solution will continually scan a user's network to ensure that no inappropriate or anomalous files have gained access, and will work continually to block them from ever gaining access at all.
- Application security: These solutions will ensure a network’s applications are secure. Applications can easily become vulnerable, and hackers know exactly how to gain access to those potentially weak areas. Application security solutions will ensure that all users’ applications are kept up to date and functioning appropriately at all times.
- Network access control (NAC): This controls who has access to a user's network, when they can have access, and what they can do with that access. Most NAC solutions will allow users to set protocols to define acceptable behaviors and activities to ensure the network can be kept safe and secure. Administrators can also set firewalls and control users' web use to block any traffic to known or unknown dangerous websites.
Why is internet security important?
Today, we all use the internet in almost every aspect of life. For business, recreation, pleasure - pretty much everything we do. There are numerous facilities protecting our personal sensitive data, such as financial institutions, health facilities, intellectual property, and more. There are cyber criminals, hackers, scammers, and bad actors continually looking for ways to gain access to such sensitive information every moment of every single day. This is why we need to secure our internet connections.
Is internet security necessary?
Internet security is vital to ensuring that business and personal processes stay safe and secure. There are malicious sources that are working every day to find new ways to compromise an organization's functionalities, leak data, or even lock an entire network down until the hackers) get what they want. Internet security is necessary to continually mitigate any threats or risks that occur due to the regular use of the internet.
What is internet security software?
Internet security software is software designed to ensure devices, operating systems, networks, servers, browsers, transactions, data traffic, and cloud applications are kept safe and secure from any type of threat or vulnerability that results from access to the internet.
Internet Security Software Benefits
The benefits of implementing internet security software include:
- Prevention: Hackers and cybercriminals can be very innovative. Once a network or device has been infected, data can be lost or damaged, processes can be compromised, and irreparable damage to a network or operating system can occur. A value-added internet security software solution will ensure that viruses and malware do not have the opportunity to compromise a user's network, device, or operating system.
- Protection: Many internet security software solutions are designed to encrypt data as a means of protecting any data stored in a network or as it travels across the internet. Additionally, these solutions have many policies and protocols in place to limit access, reset passwords, and offer other processes to ensure the network is protected at all times.
- Compliance: A proper security software solution will facilitate the process of maintaining compliance necessary for an organization's need to meet government or industry standards regarding the administration or transmission of various types of data. Such regulatory compliance standards include, but are not limited to, HIPAA, FIPS, FISMA, and more.
- Cost-effective: Ensuring a modernized internet security software solution is in place will prevent potentially costly downtime or drastic monetary loss due to malicious cyber or malware attacks.
Internet Security Software Features
Features to look for in internet security software include:
- Scanning: Robust, consistent scanning features will be able to immediately detect any anomalies or inappropriate behavior on a user's network. This will keep the network secure and running properly at all times.
- Updates: The internet security software will make certain that all applications, devices, operations systems, etc. are current and up to date at all times and are able to respond to any threats or risks appropriately.
- Automatic cleaning: This important feature will continually clean the system of viruses and malware and remove them immediately from the device, network, or application. Users may be able to select the option to review any and all malware, viruses, and such, prior to being removed, if desired.
- Multi-factor authentication: A process where users must provide two or more verification details to gain access.
- Single-sign on: This is a protocol that enables users to access multiple related authorized applications in a single session by logging in to one place at a single time.