Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Blue Prism Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Blue Prism Cloud is #15 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give Blue Prism Cloud an average rating of 7.2 out of 10. Blue Prism Cloud is most commonly compared to Blue Prism: Blue Prism Cloud vs Blue Prism. Blue Prism Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.
Blue Prism Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Blue Prism Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Blue Prism Cloud?

The Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce is a highly flexible intelligent automation platform. It uses software to replicate the way people work in existing applications and systems, the processes they follow, and the decisions they make, to deliver automation without disruption.

Blue Prism Cloud was previously known as Blue Prism Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce, Blue Prism Virtual Workforce, Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce.

Blue Prism Cloud Customers

Cabot Credit Management, Hovis, Utilita

Blue Prism Cloud Video

Blue Prism Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Blue Prism Cloud pricing:
  • "Blue Prism comes at a higher price point compared to other solutions on the market."
  • "When compared with UiPath, I believe it will be difficult for Blue Prism to maintain its market share."
  • "This solution comes at a medium to high price point. They need to work on their pricing to enable smaller enterprises to get the benefit of using the product."
  • Blue Prism Cloud Reviews

Senior Digital Program Manager at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Very complete, and stable, with a good LCR Solution ID
    • "The solution is very complete. It's a good solution, for the kind of features that they offer."
    • "The pricing was a bit high, from what I understand. That might have played a role in the decision to migrate to another solution."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is basically for robotic process information. We try to identify and document in order to effectively process claims. Typically, we receive a lot of documents from our users. We were trying to speed up the process by classifying those documents through an RPA process.

What is most valuable?

The LCR Solution ID was the solution's most valuable aspect. The recognition of different documents was pretty good. It helped us speed up the process.

What needs improvement?

To be honest, I've been happy with the solution. We are moving away from it, however, it was more of a business decision and not related to useability. The company now has a general agreement with UiPath and we need to change, even though, in North America, we're quite satisfied with the product.

The pricing was a bit high, from what I understand. That might have played a role in the decision to migrate to another solution.

They have a good price, however, maybe for simpler tasks, it could have a smaller price tag.

I have about six months of experience in the solution due to my work with the company. That said, due to some internal politics, we're switching over to UiPath, therefore I most likely won't keep working with it much longer.

Blue Prism Cloud
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the solution is good. We haven't had any issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been nice and reliable.

To be honest, we haven't had a chance to prove scalability. Now that we are moving away from it, we won't be increasing usage.

Their technical support team was very good. Our company was satisfied with the level of service they provided.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

That said, we're actually starting to move over to UiPath. Our team is starting to work with it now.

I do find that Blue Prism's LCR Function ID is better, however, UiPath is cheaper.

The initial setup has a moderate amount of difficulty. A company definitely needs to ensure they have the right people with the right skillsets. It's not so simple and straightforward that just anyone can set it up.

We started to use Blue Prism's own consultancy to assist us with the implementation process. Blue Prism has their own team that can assist with setups, so we decided to use them. They were very helpful as they understood the technology very well, being an internal team.

I don't have any insights into the pricing of the solution. I don't handle the billing or payments.

Before we started using this solution, we did an assessment of different solutions on the market.

What other advice do I have?

Our company doesn't have a business relationship with Blue Prism. We're just customers.

I don't recall which version of the solution we're using.

Depending on the complexity of your process, you might need a simple solution, then it will be good to have a less expensive solution. If you have really complex process, this is a very good solution and the price is fair.

Overall, I'd rate it at eight out of ten.

Niraj Dravid - PeerSpot reviewer
    Engineer at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
    RPA tool effective for process automation and offers great security
    • "Blue Prism is well known for being used in banking and security organizations. Its security is superior compared to UiPath and other RPA tools."
    • "There are a few smart services that are not available in Blue Prism. For example, Excel sheets that are converted into a CS sheet have limitations with the number of columns when imported. This could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Blue Prism Cloud is used hand in hand with the financial services application that we created on Appian BPM. We use it for process automation. We create the processes on Appian BPM and we automate using Blue Prism Cloud.

What is most valuable?

Blue Prism is well known for being used in banking and security organizations. Its security is superior compared to UiPath and other RPA tools. It is the best solution for financial services. For pharma or other domains, I prefer UiPath but it does depend on specific use cases.

What needs improvement?

There are a few smart services that are not available in Blue Prism. For example,  Excel sheets that are converted into a CS sheet have limitations with the number of columns when imported. This could be improved.

The intelligent document processing system has two limitations. The bot needs to be trained very well in order to be used effectively.

I have been using this solution for three a half years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not that difficult when you are using cloud. Well, it depends. If it's on premise, there are a few aspects to be considered. Our in-house team assisted with deployment.

I have previously used UiPath and Automation Anywhere. Blue Prism Cloud offers a lot of security in terms of data. Blue Prism is a preferential RPA tool that our clients prefer.

Blue Prism has its own suite that we have on our cloud setup. This setup could be a little more seamless. It depends on the speed of your internet. If you are using the cloud version and if you're loading the suite for the first time, it can get it saved in the browser memory. This would make this solution easier to use compared to Automation Anywhere and UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use the Blue Prism updated version on Azure, you have to make sure that the Windows version that you are using is compatible. This is because there are some features in Blue Prism Cloud that do not allow you to work with the latest Windows functionality.

I would recommend others to understand what different RPA tools there are in the market and how compatible they are with different domains. Blue Prism is a good option for those looking for good security.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
    Blue Prism Cloud
    September 2022
    633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Digital Transformation Officer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Partner portal that integrates well with various technologies, and is easy to use
    • "If I look at the top four, I believe it is far more user-friendly than the other competition."
    • "I believe they need to become more competitive within the market in order to maintain their market share. We were essentially a Blue Prism shop and sold Blue Prism, but because of the price point, many clients are now looking at competitors."

What is our primary use case?

My current role entails defining the strategy. It's not even the administrative part; it's just comparing different products according to the Gartner quadrant and understanding fit for the purpose of the organization.

What is most valuable?

In terms of functionality, I believe Blue Prism, has a partner portal that allows integration with various technologies, I believe they are on the right track. There are no concerns there.

What needs improvement?

My experience with Blue Prism Cloud is limited.

I spent five years consulting before moving into corporate.

I have used it with a number of clients and it appears to be stable. There are no concerns with the stability of Blue Prism Cloud.

Definitely, Blue Prism Cloud is a scalable solution.

We are also dealing with UiPath, WorkFusino, and Automation Anywhere.

Microsoft Power Automate, which comes standard with your Microsoft tools, I believe is gaining traction in the market. I haven't seen any large-scale deployments yet, but that's something to keep an eye out for.

The initial setup is straightforward. it is easy to install.

As a consultant, we worked with Blue Prism on pricing, we resold licenses.

I believe UiPath is making a strong push into the South African market. They are providing many clients with the opportunity to migrate at a reduced cost.

When compared with UiPath, I believe it will be difficult for Blue Prism to maintain its market share.

I'm not a technical person; rather, I'm an executive. I was trying to gather information about the strategy and approach. When it comes to the specifics and technicalities, I don't have a lot of information.

What other advice do I have?

It's more from a strategic perspective, but I believe it makes sense overall. We've installed it both on-premises and in the cloud, and the cloud has proven to be far more beneficial simply because the environment is outsourced. Where providers offer this maximum uptime, it simply eliminates the need for on-premises support.

I was the reseller. I am now a digital executive looking to implement digital tools.

I'm not too knowledgeable about the functionalities and technicalities.

Based on my limited knowledge, I would rate Blue Prism Cloud an eight out of ten.

Ghaith  ABDESSALEM - PeerSpot reviewer
    Enterprise Resources Planning Consultant at ILIADE CONSULTING
    It lets you get anything into blocks of code that you can use anywhere.
    • "Blue Prism offers the whole package for LPR developers. It's a useful tool to automate anything. As an LPR developer, I think the most important feature is that it lets you get anything into blocks of code that you can use anywhere."
    • "Blue Prism could be more efficient in its resource use. Having one LPR agent per virtual machine wastes resources. If we could execute many applications at the same time, it would improve and optimize the resource used."

What is our primary use case?

We connect our processes and robots to the Blue Prism virtual machine. You can work on your software since the solution is based on a virtual machine that enables you to use Blue Prism as an LPR agent.

What is most valuable?

Blue Prism offers the whole package for LPR developers. It's a useful tool to automate anything. As an LPR developer, I think the most important feature is that it lets you get anything into blocks of code that you can use anywhere.

What needs improvement?

Blue Prism could be more efficient in its resource use. Having one LPR agent per virtual machine wastes resources. If we could execute many applications at the same time, it would improve and optimize the resource used.

In the next release, I would like to see the ability to reload the queues. There are queues for execution, and they should give us shortcuts so it's easier to manage them all.

I've been using Blue Prism Cloud for eight months.

I seldom have issues, but sometimes Blue Prism has some blocking problems, but our support team can get us through.

Blue Prism Cloud is scalable. You can get as many resources as you want. Of course, you need to buy more licenses and the price can increase exponentially.

I've never used technical support, but I've gotten answers from community forums and blogs.

The setup is straightforward. I rate Blue Prism Cloud eight out of 10 for ease of setup. It took us about three weeks to deploy it the first time.

Blue Prism costs about $10,000. It's around $8,000 to $10,000. UiPath offers a free community edition for free. SAP offers an LPR solution for $500 a month. It is expensive. The price could be lower.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Blue Prism Cloud seven out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
    Director at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
    Easy to access with good usability but needs more AI flexibility
    • "It’s scalable."
    • "It could be more flexible."

What is most valuable?

It works well. There is nothing to really highlight.

It allowed for easy access.

The usability is good.

It’s scalable.

The solution was stable.

What needs improvement?

How we basically integrate any AI models, I’d like to see something which I could do more of a transfer share with. It could be more flexible.

We used the solution just for proof of concept. We used it for maybe three months, a couple of months, only.

We are no longer running it anymore. We just tried it out for a POC. During the time we were using it, we found it to be stable. There were no bugs or glitches.

The solution is scalable. We could expand it if we needed to.

We didn’t have to contact technical support as we worked closely with an integrator. They handled everything for us.

We also tried some internal use cases using Robocorp.

The initial setup was okay. We had help with the process.

We worked with an integrator. They had a setup running already, so it didn't take long for us to start working on it. The process was okay.

What other advice do I have?

It's good. If the pricing model works for you, it's not a bad solution. You just have to figure out whether the pricing model works for your type of use case and for your needs. There are a lot of automation vendors, and depending on your use case, you can decide which is worth investing in. If you have the required budget that can sustain Blue Prism, then it's a good solution.

I’d rate the solution seven out of ten.

We were a customer and an end-user.

Business Process Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 1-10 employees
    Cloud based solution that is effective at automating operational processes at scale

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution for automating operational processes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the speed at which we are able to implement solutions that can interact through the user interface in the same way that a human being would.

What needs improvement?

It would be useful if some of the information protocols came built within the app instead having to create them.

We have used this solution for two years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

This solution was complex to deploy at the beginning, but that's mainly because of how our own infrastructure is set up. Everything is in the cloud so we had to put in a solution that allows one area of the cloud to speak to another area of the cloud.

This solution comes at a medium to high price point. They need to work on their pricing to enable smaller enterprises to get the benefit of using the product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Praveen MS - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Stable but more innovated capability needed
    • "Blue Prism Cloud is a stable solution."
    • "Blue Prism Cloud could improve by having more innovations for the solution, such as more capability. I am looking for cloud-based services, such as Power Automate that we can recommend for cloud customers. UiPath and Automation Anywhere have more innovation in their solution."

What needs improvement?

Blue Prism Cloud could improve by having more innovations for the solution, such as more capability. I am looking for cloud-based services, such as Power Automate that we can recommend for cloud customers. UiPath and Automation Anywhere have more innovation in their solution.

I have been using Blue Prism Cloud for approximately one year.

Blue Prism Cloud is a stable solution.

I have contacted technical support and they have provided decent support.

I have used UiPath, Microsoft Power Automate, and Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

Blue Prism is the latest acquisition for us and we don't refer to or we don't recommend Blue Prism for the time being because I want to test the solution for myself. My recommendation would be UiPath, Power Automate, or Automation Anywhere. I am waiting and see how the new acquisition is going, how they're performing in the market, and what their strategies are.

I rate Blue Prism Cloud a seven out of ten.

Download our free Blue Prism Cloud Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022