IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Blue Prism Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Blue Prism Cloud is #14 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give Blue Prism Cloud an average rating of 8 out of 10. Blue Prism Cloud is most commonly compared to Blue Prism: Blue Prism Cloud vs Blue Prism. Blue Prism Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
Blue Prism Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Blue Prism Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Blue Prism Cloud?

The Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce is a highly flexible intelligent automation platform. It uses software to replicate the way people work in existing applications and systems, the processes they follow, and the decisions they make, to deliver automation without disruption.

Blue Prism Cloud was previously known as Blue Prism Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce, Blue Prism Virtual Workforce, Thoughtonomy Virtual Workforce.

Blue Prism Cloud Customers

Cabot Credit Management, Hovis, Utilita

Blue Prism Cloud Video

Blue Prism Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Blue Prism Cloud pricing:
  • "Blue Prism comes at a higher price point compared to other solutions on the market."
  • "When compared with UiPath, I believe it will be difficult for Blue Prism to maintain its market share."
  • "This solution comes at a medium to high price point. They need to work on their pricing to enable smaller enterprises to get the benefit of using the product."
  • Blue Prism Cloud Reviews

Head of Delivery at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Additional functionality over the Enterprise version make good over the difficulty of installation
    • "This product has additional functionality over Blue Prism Cloud Enterprise."
    • "It takes a while to get up and running."
    • "Blue Prism might consider adding package options to allow users to come onboard in different ways that meet their needs rather than buying in to the whole package."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Blue Prism Cloud depends on what our client's needs are. If they want something that is cloud-based but they do not have their own cloud infrastructure — like Azure or something like that — they need additional support. If they want the features that come with Blue Prism Cloud, like OCR (Optical Character Recognition) functionality or anything in particular on the service desk, that is usually when clients would choose Blue Prism Cloud as an option for automating processes.   We deliver RPA (Robotic Process Automation) solutions for our clients. We go out to them and do the discovery and identify processes that are candidates for automation with them. Then we deliver that for them by building out the processes and deploying Blue Prism. We do the whole thing up to that point.

What is most valuable?

I have not had much direct feedback from clients about what they find the most valuable in Blue Prism. I guess I would say probably the additional functionality over and above Blue Prism Enterprise and the fact that it is cloud-based are things that would attract them to the product. Additionally, it will be secure on secured cloud servers. There is a lot less to worry about.

What needs improvement?

I think some of the issues we have experienced have been more painful because of the support. In the past, support was a bit weak. It would take a while to get a response and it could take a while to get an issue resolved. If we had a client that wanted Blue Prism Cloud Thoughtonomy, then it could take a little while to get that up and running. In comparison, getting Enterprise up and running is much quicker. I suppose the cost of Enterprise is quite a lot in comparison as there is an investment in the hardware.   I do not really develop in Blue Prism Cloud, so I do not really know what can be improved on the development side. I do not really have any level of detail about it or feedback from appropriate users.

We were working with Blue Prism Cloud before it was Blue Prism Cloud. It was still Thoughtonomy (acquisition announced July 17, 2019). So we have got a fair bit of experience with it throughout the product's history.
    Blue Prism Cloud
    June 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Blue Prism Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I think Blue Prism Cloud has been fairly stable.

This product is quite scalable. I mean we have not done scaling to huge numbers by percentage. We have done a reasonable volume up to about 50 processes at a time. It has been fine from that standpoint. It does not seem most people using it will make huge jumps in the number of processes that they use all at once.

I have not personally had to contact technical support, but I know my colleagues have. We do deploy the product for our clients as part of the process of delivery in creating automated solutions for them. That is where it stops as we are not providing maintenance for the product to customers. But during the installations and development, there has been some contact with support. There have not been any notable complaints beyond the level of difficulty sometimes encountered during the setup and installation.

In our experience setup and installation for Blue Prism has been relatively complex, but it is getting better. The deployment used to take somewhere around anywhere up to a month before. I would say it could be as little as a few days now.

What other advice do I have?

Typically the value of Blue Prism Cloud depends on the user's needs. Most people would only really need Blue Prism Enterprise on-premises but people like the additional functionality of being on the cloud. Both products are good solutions. I do think that a lot of our clients going for Blue Prism Cloud when in reality they could probably get away with the Enterprise version — or even something else. We often deal with people who are early in their RPA journey, so they are just starting out and getting to know the advantages of the products and automation. So I would typically recommend that they go with Enterprise and if they feel like they need to move on to Cloud then they can do that later. But a lot of people like that functionality, they want the OCR and they want the AI capability that comes with the cloud. So often they choose cloud but they may just be doing that because it either seems new or it is progressive and advanced or whatever.  On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Blue Prism Cloud as a seven-out-of-ten. I am no expert on using it first-hand, but I think reducing the costs, speeding up the deployment, maybe adding a few other product package offerings in order to make it a little bit easier to adopt — those things might make it more attractive to a broader range of users. Right now you have to buy into it all in one go and that might be daunting to people who hardly know what they are getting into. I think improving support and making it less complex to sort of get up and running could be key areas to focus on.

Private Cloud
    Project Manager at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
    Very secure and good new features but isn't really user-friendly
    • "It is more secure for complex implementations."
    • "I wouldn't call Blue Prism user-friendly. It's one of its downfalls. They would benefit from having drag and drop functionality, for example. It would make them a strong competitor in the space. There needs to be less reliance on coding for customization, similar to Microsoft's Power Automate."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution due to the cost. It lowers the cost of maintenance for the organization.

What is most valuable?

Last year that Blue Prism introduced a community version, and have really opened up their services. It's been really great for the company.

Over the last six or seven months, there have been a lot of new developments on the product.

It is very secure if you are going for complex implementations. I've not done it, but in terms of our feasibility studies and POCs, I find Blue Prism more secure than others, even Automation Anywhere and UiPath. I've not studied that area, however, Blue Prism seems more secure if you go for very complex areas.

What needs improvement?

There isn't much of a difference between UiPath and Blue Prism. However, if we want to customize, Blue Prism is not that developer-friendly.

UiPath is much more flexible and easier for people (who are not in IT) to use. I wouldn't call Blue Prism user-friendly. It's one of its downfalls. They would benefit from having drag and drop functionality, for example. It would make them a strong competitor in the space. There needs to be less reliance on coding for customization, similar to Microsoft's Power Automate.

UiPath also has a stronger community presence. Blue Prism is new to community versions and they're still building their user base. They came pretty late to the game.

The solution needs to make it easier in terms of maintaining the bots.

It's a bit hard to maintain the product. UiPath is much easier in that sense.

OCR tends to work better with UiPath, as opposed to Blue Prism.

During COVID, people have realized that they do want a more secure solution, and one with good AI and OCR capabilities. All of these items are things Blue Prism should continue to develop.

I've been using the solution since I came to this company, which was already using it. I've been using Blue Prism for about a year and a half now.

Our customers have been generally happy with the stability of Blue Prism.

Mostly, the solution can scale, however, we do find that if customers want to upgrade or get more options, UiPath makes for a more user-friendly option. It's not as complicated to adjust things when you need to.

Technical support is okay. It's good as long as you are signed into a maintenance agreement and you're paying. Our customers have been satisfied with their level of service.

We also use UiPath. We use the two solutions together, although the organization is moving towards UiPath and away form Blue Prism, as UiPath is more user friendly and easier to handle on may levels.

The solution is more or less the same to set up, whether you choose the cloud or on-premises. It's not exactly straightforward. You need some know-how.

The deployment depends upon the scale of the company and the environment. We started with a really small automation of small workflows. RPA generally doesn't take too long. Otherwise, it'll not solve the real purpose. With Blue Prism, if you take a small hypothetical example of trade operations, if they want to automate a work flow, it would take a little over one to two weeks at most.

If you include the testing, everything more or less can be done within three weeks to one month, if you're not going to worry about too many complex items like OCR, etc. If you include those things, then it will definitely take more time because testing takes a while. When there are users involved, you need to give them a lot of instructions. It could get pretty complex.

You do need to pay extra for customer service.

What other advice do I have?

I previously used Kofax, at my other company. The previous organization never went to the cloud, so it was pretty small scale.

I used both Blue Prism and UiPath in tandem. The organization is moving more towards UiPath, due to some sort of service agreement, so Blue Prism isn't being used as much as it used to be. We don't have a partnership with Blue Prism.

Blue Prism is the pioneer in RPA. They came early to it. Automation is there, and other features came later.

The only thing is that they were not that flexible. In terms of people getting to know the product well, it takes a lot of time. That's the only thing that Blue Prism failed to do initially, was make it user friendly. As a product, personally, I like Blue Prism.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. Blue Prism just isn't as flexible compared to other solutions, which is why I didn't mark it quite so high. The security is quite good, though. If it relied on less code customization, more drag and drop functionality, and was more user friendly, I'd rate it much higher.

Blue Prism Cloud
    June 2022
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Senior Digital Program Manager at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Very complete, and stable, with a good LCR Solution ID
    • "The solution is very complete. It's a good solution, for the kind of features that they offer."
    • "The pricing was a bit high, from what I understand. That might have played a role in the decision to migrate to another solution."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is basically for robotic process information. We try to identify and document in order to effectively process claims. Typically, we receive a lot of documents from our users. We were trying to speed up the process by classifying those documents through an RPA process.

What is most valuable?

The LCR Solution ID was the solution's most valuable aspect. The recognition of different documents was pretty good. It helped us speed up the process.

What needs improvement?

To be honest, I've been happy with the solution. We are moving away from it, however, it was more of a business decision and not related to useability. The company now has a general agreement with UiPath and we need to change, even though, in North America, we're quite satisfied with the product.

The pricing was a bit high, from what I understand. That might have played a role in the decision to migrate to another solution.

They have a good price, however, maybe for simpler tasks, it could have a smaller price tag.

I have about six months of experience in the solution due to my work with the company. That said, due to some internal politics, we're switching over to UiPath, therefore I most likely won't keep working with it much longer.

The stability of the solution is good. We haven't had any issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been nice and reliable.

To be honest, we haven't had a chance to prove scalability. Now that we are moving away from it, we won't be increasing usage.

Their technical support team was very good. Our company was satisfied with the level of service they provided.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

That said, we're actually starting to move over to UiPath. Our team is starting to work with it now.

I do find that Blue Prism's LCR Function ID is better, however, UiPath is cheaper.

The initial setup has a moderate amount of difficulty. A company definitely needs to ensure they have the right people with the right skillsets. It's not so simple and straightforward that just anyone can set it up.

We started to use Blue Prism's own consultancy to assist us with the implementation process. Blue Prism has their own team that can assist with setups, so we decided to use them. They were very helpful as they understood the technology very well, being an internal team.

I don't have any insights into the pricing of the solution. I don't handle the billing or payments.

Before we started using this solution, we did an assessment of different solutions on the market.

What other advice do I have?

Our company doesn't have a business relationship with Blue Prism. We're just customers.

I don't recall which version of the solution we're using.

Depending on the complexity of your process, you might need a simple solution, then it will be good to have a less expensive solution. If you have really complex process, this is a very good solution and the price is fair.

Overall, I'd rate it at eight out of ten.

Niraj Dravid - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Lead at Ernst & Young
    RPA tool effective for process automation and offers great security
    • "Blue Prism is well known for being used in banking and security organizations. Its security is superior compared to UiPath and other RPA tools."
    • "There are a few smart services that are not available in Blue Prism. For example, Excel sheets that are converted into a CS sheet have limitations with the number of columns when imported. This could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Blue Prism Cloud is used hand in hand with the financial services application that we created on Appian BPM. We use it for process automation. We create the processes on Appian BPM and we automate using Blue Prism Cloud.

What is most valuable?

Blue Prism is well known for being used in banking and security organizations. Its security is superior compared to UiPath and other RPA tools. It is the best solution for financial services. For pharma or other domains, I prefer UiPath but it does depend on specific use cases.

What needs improvement?

There are a few smart services that are not available in Blue Prism. For example,  Excel sheets that are converted into a CS sheet have limitations with the number of columns when imported. This could be improved.

The intelligent document processing system has two limitations. The bot needs to be trained very well in order to be used effectively.

I have been using this solution for three a half years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not that difficult when you are using cloud. Well, it depends. If it's on premise, there are a few aspects to be considered. Our in-house team assisted with deployment.

I have previously used UiPath and Automation Anywhere. Blue Prism Cloud offers a lot of security in terms of data. Blue Prism is a preferential RPA tool that our clients prefer.

Blue Prism has its own suite that we have on our cloud setup. This setup could be a little more seamless. It depends on the speed of your internet. If you are using the cloud version and if you're loading the suite for the first time, it can get it saved in the browser memory. This would make this solution easier to use compared to Automation Anywhere and UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to use the Blue Prism updated version on Azure, you have to make sure that the Windows version that you are using is compatible. This is because there are some features in Blue Prism Cloud that do not allow you to work with the latest Windows functionality.

I would recommend others to understand what different RPA tools there are in the market and how compatible they are with different domains. Blue Prism is a good option for those looking for good security.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Microsoft Azure
    Digital Transformation Officer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Partner portal that integrates well with various technologies, and is easy to use
    • "If I look at the top four, I believe it is far more user-friendly than the other competition."
    • "I believe they need to become more competitive within the market in order to maintain their market share. We were essentially a Blue Prism shop and sold Blue Prism, but because of the price point, many clients are now looking at competitors."

What is our primary use case?

My current role entails defining the strategy. It's not even the administrative part; it's just comparing different products according to the Gartner quadrant and understanding fit for the purpose of the organization.

What is most valuable?

In terms of functionality, I believe Blue Prism, has a partner portal that allows integration with various technologies, I believe they are on the right track. There are no concerns there.

What needs improvement?

My experience with Blue Prism Cloud is limited.

I spent five years consulting before moving into corporate.

I have used it with a number of clients and it appears to be stable. There are no concerns with the stability of Blue Prism Cloud.

Definitely, Blue Prism Cloud is a scalable solution.

We are also dealing with UiPath, WorkFusino, and Automation Anywhere.

Microsoft Power Automate, which comes standard with your Microsoft tools, I believe is gaining traction in the market. I haven't seen any large-scale deployments yet, but that's something to keep an eye out for.

The initial setup is straightforward. it is easy to install.

As a consultant, we worked with Blue Prism on pricing, we resold licenses.

I believe UiPath is making a strong push into the South African market. They are providing many clients with the opportunity to migrate at a reduced cost.

When compared with UiPath, I believe it will be difficult for Blue Prism to maintain its market share.

I'm not a technical person; rather, I'm an executive. I was trying to gather information about the strategy and approach. When it comes to the specifics and technicalities, I don't have a lot of information.

What other advice do I have?

It's more from a strategic perspective, but I believe it makes sense overall. We've installed it both on-premises and in the cloud, and the cloud has proven to be far more beneficial simply because the environment is outsourced. Where providers offer this maximum uptime, it simply eliminates the need for on-premises support.

I was the reseller. I am now a digital executive looking to implement digital tools.

I'm not too knowledgeable about the functionalities and technicalities.

Based on my limited knowledge, I would rate Blue Prism Cloud an eight out of ten.

Business Process Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 1-10 employees
    Cloud based solution that is effective at automating operational processes at scale

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution for automating operational processes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the speed at which we are able to implement solutions that can interact through the user interface in the same way that a human being would.

What needs improvement?

It would be useful if some of the information protocols came built within the app instead having to create them.

We have used this solution for two years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

This solution was complex to deploy at the beginning, but that's mainly because of how our own infrastructure is set up. Everything is in the cloud so we had to put in a solution that allows one area of the cloud to speak to another area of the cloud.

This solution comes at a medium to high price point. They need to work on their pricing to enable smaller enterprises to get the benefit of using the product.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Praveen MS - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Stable but more innovated capability needed
    • "Blue Prism Cloud is a stable solution."
    • "Blue Prism Cloud could improve by having more innovations for the solution, such as more capability. I am looking for cloud-based services, such as Power Automate that we can recommend for cloud customers. UiPath and Automation Anywhere have more innovation in their solution."

What needs improvement?

Blue Prism Cloud could improve by having more innovations for the solution, such as more capability. I am looking for cloud-based services, such as Power Automate that we can recommend for cloud customers. UiPath and Automation Anywhere have more innovation in their solution.

I have been using Blue Prism Cloud for approximately one year.

Blue Prism Cloud is a stable solution.

I have contacted technical support and they have provided decent support.

I have used UiPath, Microsoft Power Automate, and Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

Blue Prism is the latest acquisition for us and we don't refer to or we don't recommend Blue Prism for the time being because I want to test the solution for myself. My recommendation would be UiPath, Power Automate, or Automation Anywhere. I am waiting and see how the new acquisition is going, how they're performing in the market, and what their strategies are.

I rate Blue Prism Cloud a seven out of ten.

Download our free Blue Prism Cloud Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: June 2022