Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Pega Robotic Process Automation OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Pega Robotic Process Automation is #10 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give Pega Robotic Process Automation an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Pega Robotic Process Automation is most commonly compared to UiPath: Pega Robotic Process Automation vs UiPath. Pega Robotic Process Automation is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
Pega Robotic Process Automation Buyer's Guide

Download the Pega Robotic Process Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Pega Robotic Process Automation?

With Pega Robotic Process Automation (RPA), organizations can automate the mundane, tedious, time-consuming, manual work that is hampering productivity and efficiency. Whether adjudicating claims, onboarding customers or employees, reconciling financials, updating customer information in systems record, Pega RPA can manage the work across your enterprise.

Pega Robotic Process Automation was previously known as Pega RPA, OpenSpan.

Pega Robotic Process Automation Customers
eBay Enterprise, M&I Bank

Pega Robotic Process Automation Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Pega Robotic Process Automation pricing:
  • "Pega is pretty costly."
  • "In terms of Pega Robotic Process Automation pricing, I would rate it a five out of five because the solution has a good price. Pricing is not very high, though I'm unsure of the exact cost, based on my experience, the price for Pega Robotic Process Automation is less than Blue Prism because I worked with a few clients that have both solutions and my clients prefer Pega Robotic Process Automation over Blue Prism particularly because of the licensing costs."
  • Pega Robotic Process Automation Reviews

VISHNU VARDHAN CHENNURU - PeerSpot reviewer
    Application Development Team Lead at Accenture
    Great for UI creation, helpful support services, and reliable
    • "The initial setup is pretty easy and quite fast."
    • "Excel connectors need to be improved as there are a few connectors in Excel areas."

What is our primary use case?

Mainly, we concentrate on RPA bots. However, we have a few demands where we needed RDA, their assisted bots. We need some assistance with the bot where some inputs are required from the business. 70% of the time, we concentrate on RPA bots. For the other 30%, there is also a requirement for RDA bots.

Mainly, we interact with Windows web and sometimes with mainframes. Currently, we are targeting APIs as well. We are working on a few of the API-related stuff and Excel-related work, Outlook, sending email, and tracking email.

In terms of third-party applications, we have multiple websites, which are web-based. Based on the client's requirement, we use it to interact with the applications.

What is most valuable?

As an RPA guy, every tool has its own advantage. That said, Pega has the best feature in terms of creating UIs. We can create the best UIs. Other tools, don't have a better UI for RDA.

Some go for RDA bots in the banking sector, and they prefer Pega Robotics.

We have centralized the monitoring. In Pega Robot Manager, we currently have multiple dashboards where we can track, schedule, and handle everything. That is the game changer in the last one-and-a-half years. It amended what the business expected.

The initial setup is pretty easy and quite fast.

It's stable.

You can scale the solution if you need to.

What needs improvement?

Excel connectors need to be improved as there are a few connectors in Excel areas.

The recording is not at best in Pega Robotics. They could look into it.

The interactions with some applications, like Windows and web applications, are a little slow. They need to improve their speed. It should be normal, to open it with other tools. However, right now, it's a little hard.

Users should feel they can develop easily. It will sometimes hang while interacting with third-party applications.

Instead of adapters, if we had direct interaction of the applications with API and had scripts, that would be better.

We have only CSharp supported right now. We'd like to have Python supported. If it was, it would be easier for us and make the solution more flexible.

Currently, we are adding three different configuration files, however, if I had the option, I'd prefer to make a single configuration file and then differentiate it in all three environments.

It can be difficult to create logic in automation. It's hard than if we used other RPA tools.

If they could add more toolbox options, that would be ideal.

They need to do what they can to help us reduce complexity in the automation and combine things under, for example, a single control.

I've been using the solution for five and a half years.

Pega Robotic Process Automation
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Pega Robotic Process Automation. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Recently, when I compared all tools, looking at the preloaded applications and Windows-related applications, if you process end-to-end, and if you are releasing it to production without any bugs, it is running with 95% perfection with maybe some hiccups via network issues. Basically, it is stable.

Therefore, Windows is quite stable. However, Citrix gets 80%. It's still good, however, when choosing the tool, it's important to consider if Pega is a suitable tool to give the best results.

100% it is scalable, however, if a person is not aware of everything the solution can do, they may see it is only 70% scalable, or a little less scalable in general. The more you understand about the tool, the more scalable it becomes. It becomes easier to scale too. It's just that Pega may be perceived as a bit more difficult, than Blue Prism, UiPath, or Automation Anywhere. It's not, though. You just need time to adapt.

I'm working for a sizable company that has hundreds of clients. In my client area, almost 150 to 200 bots are running. The other areas where my colleagues are working also have bots running.

We are new to the tool and RPA, in general, was so new at the time for every organization around 2015 or 2016. At the initial stage, we used to contact support frequently due to functionalities issues. We need to raise the ticket if we want to talk with them. Then they will connect with us and help with resolving the issues or the bugs, and patching also.

They are helpful. If we communicate clearly what we need the process moves fast.

Positive

I use Pega Robotics and Blue Prism in my day-to-day life.

In the market, in India, other solutions are used as well. Some may use Blue Prism or UiPath. For example, if you have a 100% RPA area, maybe UiPath concentrates on 40%, Blue Prism 30%, Automation Anywhere is another 30%, and Pega is around 3%.

It has a default platform from where Pega provides a PRPC. Inside that, we need to deploy Pega Robot Manager. From there, we can deploy to Pega Robot Manager. From there, we can assign it to multiple users for daily use.

It was easier to deploy before. In some newer versions of Windows, we used to face some of the update tree issues. Currently, we need to download the update tree separately, and we need to install it on our machines. Then, we need to install Pega. Normally, it is easier, however, with these newer versions in Windows - 10 and 11 - we are facing some issues.

There are Office versions that are not working perfectly. We need to uninstall and reinstall it, and for some Windows 11 versions, the toolbox icons are not visible. We have tried multiple times, uninstalling and installing.

Deployment times vary. Normally, it will take hardly less than half an hour. However, if the solution is ready and we have groups assigned, we can directly deploy it to our servers. From servers, we can directly deploy to the users as well from Robot Manager. In the user's machines are the VDAs that we are using. We need to configure all the settings, the run-time, the config files, and everything. That takes ten minutes to one hour at a maximum. Once the setup is done in every machine, we can easily deploy that that will be hardly five minutes.

The costs vary. In a previous organization, we used to take care of everything. It's a yearly fee they used to take. Recently, what I'm seeing is they have to categorize licenses. Some of the bots, they will run for some time, so they can get licensing costs and can pay quarterly. Typically, it is yearly.

I'm not sure of the exact costs. I haven't gone that deep into licensing.

The company assessed three more tools and chose Blue Prism and Pega Robotics. They use Pega Robotics for doing RDA, and Blue Prism for scripting-related items as they are strong in their area. Out of the five tools they have evaluated, they have taken Blue Prism and Pega Robotics.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and end-user.

If a person wants to use this product, they need to know what is happening and how it runs. If the person is new and needs to run the solution, they need to follow the use case that the developers are giving to understand how the bot will run. With so many people, what they do is when the bot is running, they disturb some of the applications, and the bot will close or give exceptions.

If a person intends to use coding, they really do need a good grasp of what it is they want to build. Only them should they move into actual development. It will make it easier in the end if there's a good understanding at the outset.

In any case, after two or three months of using the solution, chances are you'll have enough knowledge to be able to help train others.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If it was faster and had less complexity I would rate it higher.

Tej Mirthinti - PeerSpot reviewer
    Founder at NEARverse Labs
    Easy to set up with great automation of data entry capabilities
    • "It was very smooth and very seamless to create automations."
    • "They have tied the deployment with the Pega BPM product, the robot manager. You need to have the BPM installed."

What is our primary use case?

My experience was predominantly Pega Robotic solutions. I worked as an individual contributor with the developers. And I worked with the team, I led a team of five members in the last organization.

We worked in insurance. My last couple of projects were in insurance. It is mostly back-end process automation, like manual tedious tasks. One of the latest use cases we worked on was for creating third-party cases for dubious claims. Every insurance agency has an investigative third-party company that investigates dubious claims. Every time we have to log a claim, it was a very tedious task. Previously, each day, users would log about 150 claims with the third party and each one would take five to six minutes. We have automated this process.

What is most valuable?

The data entry and the automation of data entry are the most valuable aspects of the product. It was very smooth and very seamless to create automations. There was no scope for any errors and it was really error-free. That really helped us.

The initial setup was pretty easy.

What needs improvement?

There aren’t many areas for improvement. The process itself was really fine. There was no unnecessary jargon and unnecessary steps.

In one of the past projects, however, I observed they made it unnecessarily complex by, let's just say, exporting a screenshot at the end of each step which was cumbersome - especially when you could just save it in a drive locally or a shared drive. Extra necessary steps just make the automation complex. You really need to think out the process and simplify as much as possible to avoid complexity.

I would like to see some features improved that are already in there. One thing is the ease of deployment. They have integrated the deployment. They have tied the deployment with the Pega BPM product, the robot manager. You need to have the BPM installed. On top of that, you need to install this robotic manager solution. I understand that they want to tie their products together and make customers use both or all of their products in one suite; however, it can be annoying. It makes things unnecessarily complex. It would have been great if they just provided a standalone deployment system.

Features-wise, I'd like to see the OCR Optical Character Recognition. Pega is way behind its competitors in terms of OCR implementation and OCR capabilities. I'd like to see that improve. I haven't personally tried out many OCR solutions, however, on a proof of concept level, we did a few things and there is significant room for improvement there.

I've been working with RPA solutions for about five years now. I’ve used Pega from the beginning. My entire RPA experience was predominantly with Pega Robotics and also WinAutomation. It’s been around four years now.

The solution was stable. There were no bugs or glitches and it didn’t crash or freeze. It was reliable.

Just in the UK, there were about seven to eight people using the solution. It is not done 24 hours a day. There are no dedicated resources. Manually, we may work on it for one to two hours a day. Once it’s deployed, just one or two machines are needed to run the solution.

I have found the solution to be scalable.

Pega Robotics itself makes solutions really scalable. If you want to integrate it into this process with existing automation, you could just plug in this project to the existing ones. The scalability is really good.

I personally have dealt with multiple issues and have gotten support from them. The response time is definitely quick. The turnaround time is good. However, when solutions get tricky, where the answer is not straightforward, and there is research that needs to be done, they take time. That is quite understandable. However, it would've been great if solutions were provided quicker. You don't reach out to them unless it is absolutely essential. First, you try to fix it internally. Once you reach out to them, it’s vital to get a quick resolution. Therefore, that turnaround time is imperative.

Neutral

I also have experience with WinAutomation.

This use case itself is not that complex, which meant the setup was easy. It is pretty much a straightforward solution. It is A to B to C. There were no exceptions. On paper, it was a very good solution with a good process and a very stable process at that, which made things easy. Some are relatively easy to implement. They vary. I’ve had others that were harder in the past.

The last project was entirely an individual project. For the deployment, we tested along with the user. We did user acceptance testing. Once it was approved by everyone, we did a pilot run, and then we handed this over to the deployment team. They deployed it. They were a team of six or seven members. They handled setups individually as well. Typically there are not more than three hands on an entire solution. Once the solution was handed over to the client, it took them a day or two to set everything up.

Maintenance is handled via tickets. If there are any improvements to be made, we get tickets and resolve the issue. The engineers typically work on the solution and fix anything. Upgrades depend on the ticket's priority. It’s allocated to whoever has time to pick it up and action the maintenance.

The ROI is good. RPA, in general, provides a good return on investment. Pega Robotics is not an exception. They’re exceptionally good

Licensing is based on the number of machines that you deploy it on. Usually, it is based on the other products you buy per anum or per machine. In Pega Robotics, it is based on the number of solutions you deploy and the number of times you run. The cost is variable. My previous client worked based on this hourly model, the number of robots and the number of solutions that are run. They also provided per machine.

Pega doesn't just provide these robotic solutions. It comes with their BPM products as well. It depends on what the client uses. If the client uses this along with the BPM products, They might get added discounts, et cetera. Every contract is unique.

What other advice do I have?

I’m a customer and end-user.

We started with the eighth version. The last one I used was 19.1. Until the latest build from February, we used the 19 version, the 19.1s. We stopped using the solution in February.

I’d rate the solution seven out of ten.

If a person is familiar with the .NET framework, it will be a great visual studio in general. Plus, picking up Pega Robotics will be very easy for them. It’s good in general to brush up on programming skills, along with Pega Robotics. If you need to add capabilities out of the scope or out of the realm of abilities of the tool, programming is essential to customize your solution.

Pega Robotic Process Automation
    September 2022
    635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Vijay_S - PeerSpot reviewer
    Practice Leader at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Reliable and strong, but cloud presence should be expanded to other regions
    • "They are leaders in the same industry."
    • "The handwritten structured and semi-structured data recognition accuracy is much lower and is an area that definitely needs to improve."

What is our primary use case?

We are not resellers. We implement Pega Robotic Process Automation.

What is most valuable?

Definitely, we are satisfied. It's a pretty strong product.

They are leaders in the same industry.

What needs improvement?

As part of the digital transformation, most organizations are looking for the cloud option, and Pega's cloud presence is pretty much restricted to North America and Europe. There is no cloud presence in the Middle East, India, and other regions.

Financial customers in these regions are skeptical. They don't want to have their data outside of the geography for multiple reasons, mainly because of the government policies.

Pega should consider putting the focus on other regions such as India and the Middle East. They should also start to think about a data center that is hosted in that particular country.

It is not as easy, to implement bots in Pega with the features it carries as it is in UiPath. For example, implementing a chatbot or your email bot is not that straightforward in Pega.

When we consider OCR, the degree of accuracy is less with Pega when the data is structured or semi-structured. The accuracy of the OCR in UiPath or some other products is much high with structured and semi-structured data. The handwritten structured and semi-structured data recognition accuracy is much lower and is an area that definitely needs to improve.

I manage the practice and have a team that has been working with Pega for 15 years.

They are not only working with Pega RPA but the entire platform, the entire suite of products that are offered such as RPA, BPM, and CRM.

Pega Robotic Process Automation is a stable product.

We had experienced performance issues at one point, but it had to do with the infrastructure that was procured by a particular customer. We are seeing larger implementations for financial customers.

Smaller customers have also had performance issues but again, it's because of the infrastructure.

Our customers vary in size. We have small business customers to enterprise customers as well as corporate customers, and customers on a medium scale.

Our experience is predominantly with ServiceNow and Pega.

We work with multiple products. Pega and Appian are two of the key products that we are working with. It is more in the RPA and BPM space.

We also have expertise in UiPath and Automation Anywhere. Our focus is on RPA, BPM with Pega, Appian, UiPath, and Automation Anywhere.

We also work with other products such as Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and ServiceNow.

What we would recommend would depend on the customer. If it is a high scale enterprise customer who is looking for a core platform implementation, such as card dispute or claims modernization, they should go with Pega.

If a customer is looking for safe automation and easy implementation, they can use Pega, but we would recommend SalesForce because it is pretty straightforward and easy to implement.

With many customers, we see that they prefer Appian and UiPath to go along with having Pega and Salesforce already because Appian is a product that is straightforward and low-code. Anything that is implemented in Pega is a process that takes at least three to four months as a foundation. Any changes in Pega can take a lot of time, it is not low-code. Appian can be very easily implemented because of its model. If you have an operational implementation in finance operations, legal operations, HR operations, frequent changes, and for agility, we recommend Appian.

For customers who already have an RPA in place and already have Salesforce and they don't want a CRM but want to process data then we suggest UiPath. UiPath is pretty strong and pure RPA but it does not have a processed platform. If there are tactical solutions required we recommend UiPath.

These are the four main products we recommend to the customers depending on their current needs.

I would like to see pricing for different geography sites. Pega is predominantly US-centric with its pricing. When we see customers in the Middle East, or the APAC region where they are is definitely looking for lower pricing, Pega still more costly because they are still in the US pricing model.

Pega is pretty costly. When you look at the competitors such as SalesForce, Newgen, and multiple other products, they have India-centric pricing, as well as pricing for the Middle East.

We have many customers who are interested in a comparison with many different products. We are evaluating solutions such as Pega RPA, Power Automate, and ServiceNow to create points of view of the differences between the products.

We also want a better understanding of the differences, as we don't have a lot of experience with Power Automate.

What other advice do I have?

To use Pega RPA, you have to be mature. If you are interested in RPA, I would still rank UiPath first. Pega would be the second recommendation and the third would be Appian.

Salesforce does not have a large RPA at this point. For pure RPA, there is no question that UiPath would be the suggested product.

Pega and Appian have to achieve a certain level of maturity. They are still a part of the product line and are still excellent products similar to OpenSpan, Jira, and also Appian. The integration is not as smooth as expected and it might take a year to get seamless integration.

If I were to rate Pega as a suite, I would rate it a nine out of ten. It has CRM, process implementations, customer experience, and has RPA.

I would rate Pega Robotic Process Automation a seven out of ten.

PrashantKharade - PeerSpot reviewer
    Project manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Allows users to write and inject codes to build functions not originally supported in the solution, but the initial setup is complex and the monitoring tool should be a stand-alone
    • "The feature I like best in Pega Robotic Process Automation is that I'm able to add external DLL section codes. I can inject the JavaScript, and I can write VB.NET, C#.NET, and DLL codes, then inject those codes into the existing process. Mainly, from a development perspective, I like that feature a lot, so if anything is not supported by Pega Robotic Process Automation, then I can build that either in JavaScript or in .NET, then use those functions within the IP."
    • "What I don't like that much in Pega Robotic Process Automation is its monitoring tool because that tool is tightly connected with the platform. If the Pega team can deploy the monitoring tool separately, so that it's a separate solution altogether, then that would be good because currently, if you have to use the monitoring tool, then that means you have to use the Pega Robotic Process Automation platform. The initial setup for Pega Robotic Process Automation also needs improvement because it is complex. The only additional feature I'd like to see in the solution is for the monitoring tool to be a stand-alone rather than being tightly coupled with the Pega platform. Looking at the current features of Pega Robotic Process Automation concerning application automation, it covers most of my needs currently."

What is most valuable?

The feature I like best in Pega Robotic Process Automation is that I'm able to add external DLL section codes. I can inject the JavaScript, and I can write VB.NET, C#.NET, and DLL codes, then inject those codes into the existing process. Mainly, from a development perspective, I like that feature a lot, so if anything is not supported by Pega Robotic Process Automation, then I can build that either in JavaScript or in .NET, then use those functions within the IP.

What needs improvement?

What I don't like that much in Pega Robotic Process Automation is its monitoring tool because that tool is tightly connected with the platform. If the Pega team can deploy the monitoring tool separately, so that it's a separate solution altogether, then that would be good because currently, if you have to use the monitoring tool, then that means you have to use the Pega Robotic Process Automation platform.

The initial setup for Pega Robotic Process Automation also needs improvement because it is complex.

The only additional feature I'd like to see in the solution is for the monitoring tool to be a stand-alone rather than being tightly coupled with the Pega platform. Looking at the current features of Pega Robotic Process Automation concerning application automation, it covers most of my needs currently.

I've been working on Pega Robotic Process Automation for more than ten years now. I'm still using Pega Robotic Process Automation, but I'm also learning Blue Prism.

Pega Robotic Process Automation is a stable solution. It's stable now, but initially, in 2010, it wasn't stable. Now it's much more stable. My company does experience some issues if the host application isn't stable, but at the moment, Pega Robotic Process Automation is quite stable.

On a scale of one to ten, one being the worst and ten being the best, I would rate the stability of the solution as seven.

Pega Robotic Process Automation is scalable, but you need to integrate it with the Pega platform, so if you aren't using the platform, you have to write some custom code to make the solution scalable. Scaling up Pega Robotic Process Automation is possible, but not easy.

I've worked with the technical support team for Pega Robotic Process Automation and I find support quite good. As soon as I raise a ticket, within a day, I'll get an initial response. The tech will set up a meeting, analyze the issue, then provide a resolution. The support team also lets you know if additional information is needed, so the initial response from the technical support team is quite good.

Setting up Pega Robotic Process Automation is complex. It's not simple to set up.

In terms of Pega Robotic Process Automation pricing, I would rate it a five out of five because the solution has a good price. Pricing is not very high, though I'm unsure of the exact cost, based on my experience, the price for Pega Robotic Process Automation is less than Blue Prism because I worked with a few clients that have both solutions and my clients prefer Pega Robotic Process Automation over Blue Prism particularly because of the licensing costs.

I evaluated UiPath RPA and Blue Prism.

I've worked on Pega Robotic Process Automation for a long time. I did learn UiPath RPA, but I haven't used it. Blue Prism, on the other hand, is a solution I've just started using, so I prefer Pega Robotic Process Automation because it's a solution I've implemented.

In terms of process automation though, I've discussed this with my colleagues and have concluded that Blue Prism is better.

My rating for Pega Robotic Process Automation is seven out of ten.

What other advice do I have?

My work is focused on RPA solutions, so I know UiPath RPA and Pega Robotic Process Automation.

I'm using version 19.1 of Pega Robotic Process Automation.

In terms of the number of users of Pega Robotic Process Automation, that would depend on where you're using the solution. For example, I worked with one of the telecom providers that had fifty thousand users. I worked with a client in the banking sector and that organization had five thousand users of Pega Robotic Process Automation. Note that I've worked on the text automation or assisted automation only, not on the process automation.

In terms of maintenance, you only need two to three people to maintain Pega Robotic Process Automation.

Mohammed Tafazal - PeerSpot reviewer
    RPA Lead Architect and Manager at Areteans
    Light, expandable, and offers good integration capabilities
    • "Its stability has been good."
    • "The orchestration needs to be better."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of the solution is integration with CRM tools. This product offers seamless integration with other tools, and it is much more useful in digital transformation. It depends upon easy licenses.

The 2021 version of Pega Robotic Process Animation is really light.

It's a scalable product.

Its stability has been good.

What needs improvement?

The orchestration needs to be better.

It needs to offer an end-to-end solution similar to Google Chrome Universal Web adapters. They have few limitations in comparison.

Technical support could be more helpful.

We'd like to see more automation in terms of picking up on changes surrounding the browser. If it could automatically identify the attributes of the expected controls.

I've been using the solution for about four or five years.

It is a stable, reliable product. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution scales very well. It's not hard to expand as needed.

We have experience with Pega technical support. They are okay. They do have limitations concerning the projects. Their response is fast enough. However, the answers they provide could be better.

Neutral

I'm using Pega, UiPath, and also Blue Prism.

The initial setup is  moderate, not simple, and not complex. Adding integrations can make it a bit more complex.

A team of two to three people would be able to handle deployment and maintenance tasks.

We found the 2021 version very light and could handle the initial product ourselves.

I don't have too much knowledge of the exact pricing of the product.

We did take time to evaluate other solutions. Pega does come with integration capabilities. UiPath does a lot of maintenance, which is helpful. Of course, depending on your implementation plans with RPA, orchestration, and the cloud, that would be something you'd have to consider when choosing the product to use.

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership with Pega.

How the solution is deployed depends on the client's requirements. They can have it on the cloud if the customer and the client requires it to be on the cloud. That said, even though it is on the cloud, it's again via machines to be used before the robotics part.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    KinjalDangeria - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director Of Services at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Robust, scalable, and offers great technical support
    • "The low-code/no-code development aspect of the solution is great."
    • "The development experience needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for any process automation. However, it is also is great for any DevOps deployment. It's a zero-code, no-code kind of development as well.

What is most valuable?

The low-code/no-code development aspect of the solution is great.

It's a pretty good, robust application.

The product has been very scalable.

The stability is good.

Technical support is great. They know what they are talking about.

What needs improvement?

The development experience needs to be improved. It could be better.

The initial setup could be a bit easier.

I've been using the solution for four years or more.

The stability of the product is very good. It's robust and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability of the product is great. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. it's not a problem.

We have ten customers on Pega right now.

Technical support is pretty decent. We're very satisfied with the level of attention we get when we need assistance. They are pretty knowledgeable. We have no complaints.

We would like to see the initial setup be a bit easier. Right now, it's a complex process.

The initial setup only took about six to eight hours or so.

We have a big team that can handle deployment or maintenance. We have about 30 or 40 people who can handle any related tasks. We have mostly engineers and then a few team leads. If you include the team leads, we're looking at about 50 or so people that can cover this area.

There are different licensing models for the product on offer.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

I'd advise potential new users to do process evaluation with respect to Pega before you jump in. It's a complete end-to-end product suite. You have to know which product suite is applicable to your environment.

Technical Project Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    An intuitive workflow system, that is stable and easy to setup
    • "The workflow system is very intuitive."
    • "I would like to see an enhanced auditing feature included."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the workflow. The workflow system is very intuitive.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice if they brought in some pre-defined functions such as drag and drop coding.

I would like to see an enhanced auditing feature included.

I have been working with Pega Robotic Process Automation for 36 months, three years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable solution. We have not had any issues.

It's a scalable product.

I have a team of approximately 50 people who are core Pega developers.

The community support is awesome. They answer your questions and they support them.

The technical support is okay. I would not rate them a ten, but maybe a six or a seven out of ten.

I have used other solutions and if you were to ask me about Robotic Process Automation, I would first choose Blue Prism and Pega would be second. The last would be WorkFusion.

The initial setup was straightforward.

It took a couple of weeks for the team to set it up.

We have our in-house community for Pega deployment. In fact, I lead the community.

Pricing is handled by my legal team. This is something that is out of my control or knowledge.

What other advice do I have?

For anyone who is interested in using this solution, I would suggest doing a POC, (Proof of Concept) before the implementation.

Blue Prism, is a little better.

Amit-Verma - PeerSpot reviewer
    Digital Transformation Director at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
    Process Automation solution that supports operational teams and improves speed and accuracy of tasks

What is our primary use case?

This is a client solution that assists operational teams on a daily basis. If a client wants to automate tasks, they provide their requirements to us and we build a solution for them using Pega to deploy onto their infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

We have a very large operational team and we are able to avoid mistakes and ensure accuracy and speed using Pega.

What needs improvement?

There have been some scenarios where the bot was not able to replace some of the controls and could not recognize and personalize the task we wanted to automate.

This is a stable solution. The stability is dependant on the solution that an architect provides for their particular bot. It also depends on the design and the development that was done.

We have also use UiPath which is also a good tool. UiPath has a couple of new features which give it the edge over other solutions.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on if the customer is new and if they have an existing enterprise structure environment. This determines the kind of installation that is needed.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free Pega Robotic Process Automation Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022