IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ABBYY Vantage OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ABBYY Vantage is #21 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give ABBYY Vantage an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. ABBYY Vantage is most commonly compared to ABBYY FlexiCapture: ABBYY Vantage vs ABBYY FlexiCapture. ABBYY Vantage is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is ABBYY Vantage?

The ABBYY Vantage next-gen content IQ platform offers intelligent document processing geared to digital workforces. ABBYY's proprietary technology, Intelligent Document Processing (IDP), uses artificial intelligence to process structured and unstructured documents. IDP automatically captures, extracts, and processes the data from business documents.

This intelligent content tool is designed to accelerate digital transformation. It complements intelligent automation platforms like robotic process automation (RPA) and business process automation (BPA) with machine-learning trained skills that understand the content.

ABBYY Vantage provides a flexible layout and easy-to-use interface. The platform is very effective in terms of OCR (optical character recognition).

ABBYY Vantage Features

• AI skills that process any document. The platform’s core set of AI skills is a foundation for processing all types of documents - printed, PDFs, barcodes, signatures, and checkboxes - be they structured or unstructured.

• You can design trained “skills” or choose pre-trained ones from the ABBYY Marketplace. Choose skills for invoices, purchase orders, W-2 forms, utility bills, and many other documents to leverage automation and save time and costs.

• No code is necessary when designing skills to process structured and unstructured documents.

• Strong analytics skills. You can track, measure, and analyze the performance of deployed skills. By doing this, you can improve document processing automation.

• Seamless integration with other systems. ABBYY easily integrates with automation platforms such as Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath, and other RPA and BPA solutions. It also integrates with chatbot and mobile app tools.

• Machine learning for continuous improvement. The platform’s AI skills continuously improve and become more accurate over time. The system will learn document variations and collect statistical data, improving the process on the go.

How does ABBY Intelligent Document Processing work?

1. Start by picking a skill from the ABBYY Marketplace or train a new skill.
  2. Pick any document.
  3. The system will suggest a skill fit to process your document and data.

ABBYY Vantage Use Cases

Some examples of documents ABBYY can process include:

• Utility bills: Extracts the supplier’s name, statement date, customer name, and address.

• Personal earning statement: ABBYY Vantage can extract data from payslips and help you verify an individual’s earnings and employment status.

• 1040: Captures the data from 1040 forms for tax processing purposes. Includes name, amounts, filing status, and other details.

• Identity documents: Extracts information from 10,000 different identity documents from 248 different countries.

• Remittance: It can capture headers, footers, and in-line details from payment documents.

• Arrival notice: Captures data from shipping documents, including the consignee, shipper, parties, carriers, and other relevant details.

You can use Vantage to digitize, automate, and process almost any type of document. It can be especially effective for a number of use cases, including:

• Customer onboarding and due diligence, including Know Your Customer (KYC).

• Shipping and logistics, such as shipping instructions, bills of lading, freight forwarding orders, and customs clearance documentation.

• Insurance claim processing, reading through OCR documents, eliminating human error, and improving the process of insurance claims.

• Banking and finance. For instance, processing the banking documents associated with loans.

ABBYY Vantage Benefits

• Automation: Ready-to-use skills that improve document processing.

• Customization: Design your own skills to process specific document types.

• Built-in skill automation, connectors, and intelligent process assets.
ABBYY Vantage Customers

Fujitsu, Plustek, Samsung, Panasonic, M-files

ABBYY Vantage Video

ABBYY Vantage Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ABBYY Vantage pricing:
"We did not go with the licensed version of this solution."

ABBYY Vantage Reviews

Raul Cabezas - PeerSpot reviewer
RPA Architect at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
A next generation content IQ platform that enables flexibile document extraction
  • "I like the flexibility of the layout. For example, for the documents that we're using, this is the main feature that is very useful and makes it flexible for extraction."
  • "It could be more intuitive. It's huge and has many options, and that makes it difficult. You have to go to Google and search for documents and videos to try and understand how it works. Some tools or processes or some parts of the process should be intuitive to make it easier for the developers."

What is our primary use case?

We use ABBYY Vantage for invoicing problems and for unstructured forms and documents.
ABBYY is an older tool that specializes in data extraction, OCR, ICR, and other recognitions. The company or the department just has to decide the use case.

What is most valuable?

I like the flexibility of the layout. For example, for the documents that we're using, this is the main feature that is very useful and makes it flexible for extraction.

What needs improvement?

It could be more intuitive. It's huge and has many options, and that makes it difficult. You have to go to Google and search for documents and videos to try and understand how it works. Some tools or processes or some parts of the process should be intuitive to make it easier for the developers.

Many of these tools are divided into many parts. You have to buy different parts, and you have to know the difference between features. Sometimes it's difficult for the developer because you don't have the old information available in cleartext. These things need extra plugins to try and collect the different parts in different ways.

It would also help if they improved the engine for ICR. I know that people improved this tool, but it's not expanded right now. We need to use an additional plugin to design or code some parts using a toolkit. It's not properly included in the standard package.

I have been using ABBYY Vantage for about seven months.

Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ABBYY, Automation Anywhere, UiPath and others in Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Updated: July 2022.
621,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.

ABBYY Vantage is very stable. I don't have any concerns about it.

I know that scalability is available, but I don't have a big project reference right now. We have about 50 people using it right now.

In the last three or four projects, we used ABBYY instead of IQ Bot. I know that IQ Bot probably works with a simple OCR extraction without complicated decisions or business rules. If we have more complexity when it comes to the business rules, for example, the quality of the images, or apply different filters over the images and do other things with ABBYY, we use ABBYY instead of the IQ Bot. But IQ Bot is more flexible.

It's not easy to set up this solution. But once the installation is done, you don't have to configure anything. The main part is related to the server and the infrastructure people handle that.

For simple types of documents, medium-sized projects with 25 types of unstructured documents, with seven or eight field sections, it probably takes one week to deploy. This includes bulk extractions where the information is put into the different outputs. We mainly use this in our Excel template.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give ABBYY Vantage an eight.

Hybrid Cloud
Priya Zaveri - PeerSpot reviewer
Automation Tech Resource Lead at Kelly Services, Inc.
Good PDF OCR reading capabilities, stable, and easy to set up
  • "Abbyy is really good in terms of reading OCR."
  • "There are certain controls like radio buttons and checkboxes that when reading PDFs, really doesn't go well with the RPA."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for PDF reading capabilities for some invoices. We also utilize it to read DW4 forms.

What is most valuable?

There are many others to compare with such as Google and Microsoft, but we haven't seen any specific distinction that stood out with Abbyy.

They were the most used, which is the reason we chose them.

Abbyy is really good in terms of reading OCR.

What needs improvement?

There has always been a challenge with Word and PDF reading capabilities. This is an area that needs improvement.

There are certain controls like radio buttons and checkboxes that when reading PDFs, really doesn't go well with the RPA.

We work with Abbyy and UiPath. Abbyy provides its API to be utilized with UiPath, and that is how we use it.

We have been working with Abbyy for at least one year. We have one or two projects that we have worked on with Abbyy.

Abbyy is a stable solution.

It's not really scalable. When it comes to PDF reading, we are very specific to that particular document and that template with some of the verbiage.

I have not seen it to be more scalable with any OCR capabilities.

I have not contacted technical support.

Previously, we didn't try any other solutions. We have to have that screen gripping capabilities and OCR. UiPath with Abbyy was the right choice.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We did not go with the licensed version of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

It's more trial and error, but Abbyy is still really good in terms of OCR. If you have a consistent use case, then I think that Abbyy is the right fit.

I would rate Abbyy Vantage an eight out of ten.

Download our free Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Report and find out what your peers are saying about ABBYY, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, and more!
Updated: July 2022