MEGA HOPEX OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

MEGA HOPEX is the #2 ranked solution in top GRC tools, #4 ranked solution in top Enterprise Architecture Management tools, and #9 ranked solution in Business Process Design tools. PeerSpot users give MEGA HOPEX an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. MEGA HOPEX is most commonly compared to ARIS BPA: MEGA HOPEX vs ARIS BPA. MEGA HOPEX is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 18% of all views.
MEGA HOPEX Buyer's Guide

Download the MEGA HOPEX Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is MEGA HOPEX?

MEGA HOPEX is a single software platform that combines integrated software solutions including privacy and data management, business process analysis, and risk management. By connecting business, IT, data, and risk perspectives, MEGA HOPEX helps your organization get the visibility you need and also helps improve decision-making by using connected EA to eliminate silos and foster collaboration. As a SaaS solution, MEGA HOPEX is scalable, flexible, and secure. It relies on Microsoft Azure infrastructure and is designed to seamlessly and easily integrate into your digital ecosystem. The MEGA HOPEX platform enables you to develop an integrated approach to risk management, business optimization, and data governance, as well as to build a clear IT roadmap.

MEGA HOPEX Features

MEGA HOPEX has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Flexible metamodel configurability: MEGA HOPEX can be adapted to your operating model with easy-to-use customization options. In addition, it gives you the option to expand functionalities and import ready-to-use content through the HOPEX store.
  • Intuitive workflows: The MEGA HOPEX platform includes intuitive workflows that help accelerate business value delivery and also helps to foster collaboration among all stakeholders.
  • Ready-to-use enterprise portal: With MEGA HOPEX’s ready-to-use enterprise portal, it is easy to share insights across your entire organization.
  • Contextual search: MEGA HOPEX has a contextual search functionality that enables you to find accurate and trusted data easily with the option to also use filters to narrow your search results.
  • Reporting and dashboarding: MEGA HOPEX offers out-of-the-box templates for reports and also allows you to build your own reports to monitor and govern your projects with actionable insights and recommendations.

MEGA HOPEX Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing MEGA HOPEX. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Data-driven algorithms: MEGA HOPEX provides smart recommendations based on data-driven algorithms, giving you the ability to share actionable insights using a collaborative enterprise portal and mobile apps.
  • Intuitive modeling engine: The MEGA HOPEX platform enables you to visually communicate how your operations work and see how business, IT, and data are connected through building different diagrams.
  • Improved collaboration and alignment: MEGA HOPEX has a data discovery tool that extracts data from various sources to build your data catalogs. The platform’s automated discovery of applications, data, and processes, along with its automated diagram generation and intelligent workflows, improve productivity, collaboration, and alignment.
  • Accelerates project delivery: By using MEGA HOPEX, you can develop synergies and avoid duplicative efforts by connecting strategy, business, IT, data, and risk perspectives on the same platform.

Reviews from Real Users

Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by PeerSpot users currently using the MEGA HOPEX solution.

PeerSpot user Kayode A., Enterprise Architecture Consultant at ZealHosts Consulting, says, “What I find the most valuable is the process workflow. It is really good. The fact that you can decompose is also valuable, as is the file D structure. Also, the fact that you can have your own logical repository structure and you can drag and drop is very valuable. This is largely because of its intuitiveness. Once you understand the logic behind the tool, MEGA HOPEX is quite intuitive. I also like the ability to create custom reports. I like the fact that you can share repository content via web to other end users who are not architects.”

A Software Architect at a transportation company mentions, “The main feature that we like the most is the ability to have a unique repository where all the architects can interact and play together with the shapes of different architecture solutions. They have a unified repository where users can share the developments they're working on. Its availability is very good.”

An IT Consulting Manager at a tech services company comments, "We have many use cases for this solution but the feature I have found most valuable is the IT Portfolio Management module."

MEGA HOPEX Customers

Aetna, Fannie Mae, M&T Bank, Glatfelter Insurance Group, Zions Management Services Company, The College Board, Baxter Credit Union, AXA Financial, Missouri Department of Conservation, New York State OTDA, MEG Energy Corp, Walgreens, Procter & Gamble, Biogen Idec, Gilead Sciences, Organic Valley, Trinity Health, Nissan and Ford

MEGA HOPEX Video

MEGA HOPEX Pricing Advice

What users are saying about MEGA HOPEX pricing:
"The price of the MEGA HOPEX license could improve, it is expensive. The license key for business process analysis and IT architecture is approximately €10,000. This price is fixed, it's not a subscription or cloud-based version. It is a one-time price."

MEGA HOPEX Reviews

Navi Thejesh - PeerSpot reviewer
Mega Hopex Functional and Technical Senior Consultan at CapgeminiConsulting
Interactive with good functionality and helps with productivity
  • "It is very interactive."
  • "The initial setup is a little complex."

What is our primary use case?

MEGA is a world-class application that would suit any kind of business, environment, retail business, city planning business, municipality, any bank or national, any air traffic control unit, and even for the space industry. MEGA is being used with global standards. The global standards are GRC governance, risk and complaints, data modeling, and business process management. Many methodologies and products are available within a HOPEX application that will serve different business requirements.

I currently deal with business process management, GRC models, and data modeling. My previous company is completely retail where they'll use it to define the business process and the process-oriented mechanisms. The functionality is very much suitable for anything. You can define the process, create the projects, and create the business functions, business processes, organization, and data modeling structures with that will interact with the legacy standards.

What is most valuable?

The latest version is HOPEX WiFi. HOPEX can be on the cloud and accessed from anywhere within the given access network area.

It is very interactive. We can do things from anywhere, and all the applications will work as specified.

We can generate documents and can publish the documents. We can create a data match and visualize graphs and everything. Everything can be generated from the web interface itself. It has good functionality.

We can develop our own customizations and meta models to define requirements, in-house business functions, and requirements.

MEGA is already defined by global standards. A company can adapt to global standards and work in such a way to design its own methodology to define its structure.

The interface is very good.

What needs improvement?

We don’t have any issues with the solution as it is right now. It offers all the functionalities one would expect.

The initial setup is a little complex.

I’ve used the solution for seven years.

MEGA HOPEX
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about MEGA HOPEX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is a very stable solution. The performance is very good. The loading time is very good and we have a set of guidelines letter to maintain the performance so that even through a web interface, you can launch the data launch website very quickly and access the data very fast. I did not see any lag.

That said, three or four years back, we had a lot of issues with the performance, and we got a different solution for that. We performed a reorganization of the database, and we used it to clear the history, something like that. But right now, even all these things have been addressed and it was very far better than before.

And I don't have any complaints from my end users. They are very happy. All end users are from Paris, Belgium, and London.

The solution is scalable. We can add a number of users. That is not a problem. However, the problem comes here with the license. The licenses are very costly. Licenses will be given based on your discussion with the salesperson. They will define the scope of your business needs and they will suggest the number of licenses for each and every license product. Each and every product will be connected and whoever connects first. For example, if I take the license for 10 people, whoever connects the first people, whoever connects the first 10, for them, that license will be consumed. The 11th person will be parked aside. He has to wait to use the license.

We have more than 150 licenses here. It’s used quite widely and does help productivity.

I used the solution at least once or twice a month. Right now, the application is very stable, and there are no escalations. Still, when I’ve reached out to them in the past, I’ve had a good experience. The technical leads act quickly.

They will give support only when the new application version is in support mode. If the application goes out of support date, they will not support, and they'll not provide any solution that is already agreed as a part of the agreement.

Still, their support is always excellent. If you raise a question, they'll provide a solution quickly and have a separate dedicated R&D team that can also investigate.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I’m not sure if we have ever used a different solution. We’ve used this product for years.

The initial setup was complex. We have to make sure we have to add so many security items in between the encryption, for example. There is a list of steps given by MEGA that we have to follow. However, that is something a technical person can handle. Still, it is not straightforward or easy to install.

We can do it pretty quickly and easily if it is in a normal, thin-line application. You just click next, next, next, and it'll install the application. However, to make sure you deploy the web interface, web version, and everything, some guidelines are given. We have to configure everything, and we need to ensure that everything is in compliance with the company’s security policies.

The deployment will take one day. The installation is just five to 20 minutes of time. However, considering that things are dependent on multiple teams, you can’t actually execute anything in that amount of time. Sometimes we lose permission. Sometimes we allow permissions to the license file. There are many dependencies. That said, if everything is ready, then we can execute everything in one or two hours.

I am an experienced person. I have deployed the application on many servers and know what to expect, including dependencies and permissions. We need the local admin rights of the user, for example. We must ensure we keep every task in line and gain access. And then we can do the things within one and two hours. If you are experienced and know what to expect, you can reduce the amount of time it will take.

While licensing can get expensive, I can’t speak to the exact price. It really depends on how many licenses are needed by the organization. If I only need 150 licenses and another company needs 5,000, the pricing will be drastically different.

What other advice do I have?

We’re a customer and end-user.

I’d advise if a user is curious about the solution, they should first make sure that it fits their needs. They need to confirm how they will use it.

I’d recommend the solution as it is a world-class application.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

It supports real business needs and can be used in various sectors, like retail banking and space data. NASA is using this as per my knowledge, for example. The customized functionalities are all there. You only insert your data according to your requirements and it'll get through the standards and it'll produce the documents and the websites needed to publish to the customers.

Carlos Arturo Quiroga Quiroga - PeerSpot reviewer
Digital Architecture Corporate Leader at Banco Pichincha
Excellent support experience that is local to South America and is easy to expand
  • "The support experience in Latin America is great."
  • "The initial setup can be quite complex at first."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution in one bank in Colombia. We are going to start implementation in two financial entities in Ecuador.

What is most valuable?

The support experience in Latin America is great. For us, it's very important to have local connections and use cases. MEGA has had a lot of partners in Latin America. It's the differentiation with the other companies. Many others use services outside of Latin America - in Europe or the USA. However, we like the local connection, which was the main selling point for us.

What needs improvement?

We need better traceability available. We want to have traceability between the business and the technology.

The initial setup can be quite complex at first.

The resolution needs to offer more potential for collaboration. Right now, it is much more geared towards one person working on the solution.

We have one year of experience using that tool.

We are managing the implementation via corporate and governance. We are going to scale all of the entities in the group. We are a financial group that has a presence in different countries in Latin America with different entities and we decided to manage this implementation in an incremental model starting from some specific companies. The plan is, in 2022, to integrate all the other entities in the group.

So far, we have less than 20 people using the product, however, we are going to increase the number of personnel.

Technical support is great. they are local and readily available. We like that they are so close, and we don't have to deal with support from the USA or Europe, which is much further away.

In the beginning, there was some complexity. We don't understand the benefit and the use of the tool. We defined a robot for business capabilities to be covered across all of the companies in the group. We are solving for the original lack of knowledge with a training process in the consulting services we have on offer.

We implement the solution with a partner and they have less than three people that help us. To use the tool, we need the technical staff to use the solution.

We leveraged the expertise of local partners while initially implementing the solution.

We pay a yearly licensing fee.

We have a standard fee for the use of the solution via their SaaS model and we have some consulting costs that depend on the scope of its implementation in each entity.

What other advice do I have?

We have an agreement, a commercial agreement with MEGA, to support all the entities that are going to implement the solution.

We are a financial and insurance services industry company. We are focused on banks and insurance.

For new users, it's important that they understand the business architectural definitions and have knowledge of processes to gain the most value out of the solution. If the team that is evaluating the solution doesn't have such knowledge, there might be issues.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

MEGA HOPEX
November 2022
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kayode Adeoye - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise Architecture Consultant at ZealHosts Consulting
Fantastic tool for process architecture but should be less expensive
  • "What I find the most valuable is the process workflow. It is really good."
  • "MEGA HOPEX's problem is that it is expensive, but it's a fantastic tool."

What is most valuable?

What I find the most valuable is the process workflow. It is really good.

The fact that you can decompose is also valuable, as is the file D structure. Also, the fact that you can have your own logical repository structure and you can drag and drop is very valuable. This is largely because of its intuitiveness.

What needs improvement?

Of course, there is always room for improvement. There should be an integration with the Microsoft Office platform, for instance. I can compare it to a tool like Orbus. In Orbus, there is already an integration with Microsoft. So, if I already have network diagrams already built in a Microsoft solution, I can bring it into Orbus. I can actually pull a number of the building blocks. I can map parts of the diagrams into the inventory. That is a very, very good feature.

MEGA HOPEX could also definitely have a lower price.

I used MEGA HOPEX for about three to four years.

MEGA HOPEX's technical support is fantastic. If it's paid for, it's fantastic. They have very knowledgeable engineers and support practitioners, especially considering that the tool has been around for quite some time.

MEGA HOPEX also has extensive documentation. So quite a number of issues can be resolved just by looking through the documentation. For more complex things, you probably will need their support. They also provide support for metamodel customizations and that is equally good as well.

The initial setup is very easy, but it depends on type of deployment you want to do, whether it is standalone or otherwise. They have a file place database structure that they use and integrations for Oracle and Microsoft SQL servers.

The deployment guides are very good. You can just pick up any of the deployment guides. Once you have the license, just follow through and run the installation. The installation on both platforms is quite straightforward.

The price of MEGA HOPEX is too high. MEGA HOPEX's problem is that it is expensive, but it's a fantastic tool.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is that if you have the budget for it, MEGA HOPEX is a fantastic tool. It will especially help you if you are heavily focused on process architecture. MEGA HOPEX maps your org structure and you can use that to build in your processes and then just directly house your processes into the org structure. This is just a fantastic workflow in terms of the engineering and the thinking behind its structure. The pricing is an issue, however. MEGA HOPEX could be more affordable. They could also create some form of community-based addition to allow a wider audience access and play around with the tool. I think this would be a welcome development.

Software Architect at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
Good unified repository and good availability but is quite expensive
  • "Its availability is very good."
  • "The solution is quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We picked it as we wanted something that included all of the shapes represented in the software architecture solutions of our company. We created near 2,000 products that we have in the company. We used this product to represent the software architecture of our solutions and the mapping within the processes of the company.

We tried to map a set of fields and we have and combined it with the processes of the company.

What is most valuable?

The main feature that we like the most is the ability to have a unique repository where all the architects can interact and play together with the shapes of different architecture solutions. They have a unified repository where users can share the developments they're working on.

Its availability is very good.

We've had some internal changes in the company. It allows us to start with an initiative that will accumulate new architecture solutions. At this moment, the initiative works with specifically with HOPEX and we are able to adapt it to our new company direction.

What needs improvement?

I can't speak to which features are missing. I don't have any information on that and don't really have any input.

The solution is quite expensive.

We've been using the solution since before the pandemic. We started using it around 2019.

We use Sparx Systems as well as MEGA HOPEX. Our organization bought both solutions.

I found that the solution is very expensive for what it does. We are integrated with both HOPEX and Sparx solutions, however, Sparx Systems we work with on a set of licenses that we had previously, in 2018. We find it a bit less expensive.

Since we use both HOPEX and Sparx, it's easy to compare the two.

For example, if you compare the price of MEGA HOPEX with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect, Sparx is cheaper. Our company is looking at pricing and it's an important factor we are taking into account. However, Sparx can be a bit slow. If you are trying to design software architecture, sometimes we run into issues and need to refresh. HOPEX also occasionally needs to be refreshed as well, actually.

We find Sparx to be more useable as well.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. If the architecture was a bit better, I might rate it higher.

Senior Business Architect at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
The meta-model is complete, but it's hard for inexperienced users to learn
  • "The most valuable feature is the completeness of HOPEX's meta-model. It's a strong meta-model that's rigid but comprehensive. It's a logical fit for our understanding of how we want things modeled in our database."
  • "It takes a long time to learn how to use HOPEX. It's hard to work with it because the user interface is bad. For example, if you want to build a complex system diagram, you need a lot of knowledge to do this correctly and make it readable. In MEGA, you need to create a report and it takes a long time to publish it. The publishing is offline. With RDoC, everything is online."

What is our primary use case?

HOPEX creates a database of applications, technologies, and platforms. We integrate the solution with the entire enterprise to manage our architectural components. We currently have around 300 users, but we are moving away from HOPEX.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the completeness of HOPEX's meta-model. It's a strong meta-model that's rigid but comprehensive. It's a logical fit for our understanding of how we want things modeled in our database.

What needs improvement?

It takes a long time to learn how to use HOPEX. It's hard to work with it because the user interface is bad. For example, if you want to build a complex system diagram, you need a lot of knowledge to do this correctly and make it readable. In MEGA, you need to create a report and it takes a long time to publish it. The publishing is offline. With RDoC, everything is online.

I have been using HOPEX for 10 years.

HOPEX is normally stable, but operations like reporting are too slow.

You can scale up HOPEX with no problem. We have about 3,000 applications and many components.

I rate MEGA support eight out of 10.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

Setting up HOPEX is complex. We need two or three guys to run it and support the user base.

We do our training in-house with support from MEGA.

We are switching to RDoC, which has a much better user interface. It will allow us to expand our staff members' knowledge and increase the value of enterprise architecture. It will enable business users to discuss the architecture with us better.

What other advice do I have?

I rate MEGA HOPEX seven out of 10. It's too complex for users who lack experience with enterprise architecture. This is a tool for experts with advanced knowledge already. You need to know what you want to do it. It's better to start with another tool.

Zsolt Juhász - PeerSpot reviewer
Mega Product Manager at BPMS Tanácsadó Kft
Quick support, reliable, and helps generates objects
  • "The most valuable feature of MEGA HOPEX is the publication method for static websites. You can generate the whole database into a static website. Additionally, in the new tabular entry, you don't have to put objects or links, you can go and fill a tab and the MEGA HOPEX will generate an object for you in a simple way."
  • "MEGA HOPEX's initial setup could be easier. The newer version is better but they still need to improve the process. The deployment took approximately four to eight hours."

What is our primary use case?

We are using MEGA HOPEX for process modeling, such as modeling IT tasks.

We have a private server and the client also has their own server.

What is most valuable?

I have been using MEGA HOPEX for approximately four years.

MEGA HOPEX is stable.

The scalability of MEGA HOPEX is good.

We have three users using this solution in my company.

The support from MEGA HOPEX is good, they are quick to respond.

I rate the setup of MEGA HOPEX a four out of five.

The price of the MEGA HOPEX license could improve, it is expensive. The license key for business process analysis and IT architecture is approximately €10,000. This price is fixed, it's not a subscription or cloud-based version. It is a one-time price.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is they should check the other solution because the price will be the most important for every company and the price of MEGA HOPEX is high. This is a disadvantage compared to other solutions. However, the solution works very well.

I rate MEGA HOPEX a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
IT Consulting Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Straightforward solution to set up and use with the IT Portfolio Management module being the most valuable feature for our company
  • "We have many use cases for this solution but the feature I have found most valuable is the IT Portfolio Management module."
  • "It would be great if this solution could integrate with other tools such as ITSM (ServiceNow) or CMDB."

What is most valuable?

We have many use cases for this solution but the feature I have found most valuable is the IT Portfolio Management module. This has helped in my duty to ensure the gathering of artifacts and repositories for analysis for my clients. We also make use of the Business Process Analysis feature.

What needs improvement?

This is a good product with many features and this can make it easy to get lost in what to use. A more friendly user manual would be good.

I have used this solution for five years.

This is a stable solution.

I have clients with 2 users and clients with more than 25 users and find it is a scalable solution. This does depend on how you use the solution. HOPEX is a suitable solution for larger scale use but you will need to pay per license. Using HOPEX, you can have an unlimited amount of users.

My team act as the HOPEX local technical support in the national region and we often help from the principal support team. This support team is helpful and responsive.

The setup was straightforward to deliver the use cases of enterprise architecture.

This solution is reasonably priced but would be more competitive at a slightly lower price.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest that any prospective user understands exactly what their use case for this solution would be before implementation.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Director of the Division Consulting Business Process and Director of Enterprise Architecture at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Its panel offers various views, and it can integrate with a range of apps
  • "HOPEX has a panel that offers various views. I think that is very good. MEGA has an app for integrating with a lot of apps. We help our clients integrate HOPEX with a different product like Apple Gateway, for example. I've been with the company for 15 years, and we connect with everything. Our clientele includes almost all of the banks in Mexico."
  • "We have a very close relationship with MEGA representatives in Mexico, and we ask them why they don't offer impact analysis. For example, we have a server in the center and provide the client a view of what's in the peripheral area, like one cluster, application, process area, and services. We want to offer our clients that level of visibility with HOPEX."

What is our primary use case?

HOPEX has different modules. The one we use the most is the IT infrastructure module for process management. One guy on my team is in charge of this component, whereas I am the solution architect. I think there are at least three or four modules.

If a client wants to integrate an app with the HOPEX console, they need to pay MEGA for that service, and it's expensive. We offer that integration to clients as a service because we know how to integrate and reassess the cost.

What is most valuable?

HOPEX has a panel that offers various views. I think that is very good. MEGA has an app for integrating with a lot of apps. We help our clients integrate HOPEX with a different product like Apple Gateway, for example. I've been with the company for 15 years, and we connect with everything. Our clientele includes almost all of the banks in Mexico.

What needs improvement?

We have a very close relationship with MEGA representatives in Mexico, and we ask them why they don't offer impact analysis. For example, we have a server in the center and provide the client a view of what's in the peripheral area, like one cluster, application, process area, and services. We want to offer our clients that level of visibility with HOPEX.

I've been using HOPEX for around four years. The first tool that we acquired was Casewise around six or seven years ago. We started using MEGA four years ago. My company is a global bank that operates in Spain, Mexico, and the United States.

What other advice do I have?

I rate MEGA HOPEX eight out of 10.

Download our free MEGA HOPEX Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022