IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SAP Signavio Process Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Signavio Process Manager is #5 ranked solution in Business Process Design tools and BPM Software. PeerSpot users give SAP Signavio Process Manager an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAP Signavio Process Manager is most commonly compared to Celonis: SAP Signavio Process Manager vs Celonis. SAP Signavio Process Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
SAP Signavio Process Manager Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Signavio Process Manager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is SAP Signavio Process Manager?

The Signavio portfolio of web-based business transformation solutions helps companies to understand and optimize all of their business processes quickly and at scale, providing instant insights for informed decision-making. Signavio’s intuitive analysis, change management and execution solutions around process excellence include use cases like digital transformation, operational excellence and customer-centricity, placing them at the heart of global organizations.

Over 1 million users in more than 1,500 organizations worldwide rely on Signavio products to make processes part of their company’s DNA. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Signavio was founded in 2009 to address the need for a collaborative approach to process management.

Signavio was acquired by SAP in the first quarter of 2021. For more information, visit www.signavio.com

SAP Signavio Process Manager was previously known as Signavio Process Editor.

SAP Signavio Process Manager Customers

DHL, Coca Cola EP, Prudential, Zalando, T-Systems, Jabil, Endress+Hauser, Rakuten

SAP Signavio Process Manager Video

SAP Signavio Process Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP Signavio Process Manager pricing:
  • "We are only able to use the free academic licenses because we have a financial constraint. We are not able to pay for commercial licenses to use this kind of tool."
  • "The customer Journey Modeler is more than twice the price of Process Manager, which is a lot."
  • "This solution provides really great value for the money."
  • "SaaS has no setup cost, just licensing fees."
  • "Although Signavio is a feature-rich solution, it is expensive for companies who haven’t reached a certain maturity level in their process management initiatives."
  • SAP Signavio Process Manager Reviews

Senior lecturer and researcher at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Using the process repository, we can gather all our processes in one place
    • "Process Manager supports end-to-end transformation. Students can better understand end-to-end activity and processes as well as how they are run. For teaching, it's process discovery, then modeling, and finally optimization and simulation, partly. Typically, we showcase some simulation of the processes, and this is where we finish. That is why we validate that it's properly designed, but also what are the outcomes of modeled processes. There are also options for discussion on process optimization."
    • "Typically, a business process management suite would cover the whole lifecycle, from discovery to optimization and operations. This is running on the process server and providing some kind of low-code environment for developing business solutions. I think the latter part is missing, where SAP Connector comes in. Specifically, the execution of processes is missing, where you would design forms to take orders. This is typically part of some development environment for the process server to run processes from out of the models."

What is our primary use case?

I am a lecturer at a university. We are using it as a lecturing tool for business process modeling. We use it in a case each month on a yearly basis. We have a condensed course which runs approximately one month. During this month, we would use Signavio with some assignments for students to model their processes within Signavio Process Manager when having tutorials or computer labs tutorials on the topic of business process modeling. There is a curriculum provided by Signavio. I enroll students into the portal, then students can go into the portal, open their folder, and design their processes there. I can oversee, discuss, and correct them. The typical case is where the students use the modeler to create processes, then we would discuss them online. We are using the academic Signavio.com. This is an offering for academic initiatives.

How has it helped my organization?

This is one of the tools available for us which has a lifecycle for business process management, e.g., discovery, modeling, and optimization. This is really valuable for our students because they do not have separate tools. Everything is integrated into one tool. Processes will always affect the outcome facing customers, so Process Manager helps optimize customer-facing processes. If you are having transparent accountable processes, then you can repair or optimize them. That way, you can clearly see what's going on within the processes, and they are more manageable. Then, you can improve and optimize them. Therefore, you improve the customer-facing outcomes.

What is most valuable?

The number one, most valuable feature is the process repository so we can gather all our processes in one place. Then, students can also see each other's work, having all the comments in one place and attached to the processes. The process repository is proof of, or an example of, what students can achieve during one course as well as how they have improved their understanding and learning of process management.  Process Manager supports end-to-end transformation. Students can better understand end-to-end activity and processes as well as how they are run. For teaching, it's process discovery, then modeling, and finally optimization and simulation, partly. Typically, we showcase some simulation of the processes, and this is where we finish. That is why we validate that it's properly designed, but also what are the outcomes of modeled processes. There are also options for discussion on process optimization.

What needs improvement?

Typically, a business process management suite would cover the whole lifecycle, from discovery to optimization and operations. This is running on the process server and providing some kind of low-code environment for developing business solutions. I think the latter part is missing, where SAP Connector comes in. Specifically, the execution of processes is missing, where you would design forms to take orders. This is typically part of some development environment for the process server to run processes from out of the models.
    SAP Signavio Process Manager
    June 2022
    Learn what your peers think about SAP Signavio Process Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
    610,336 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I think I have been using this solution since 2017. It has been awhile.

It is stable. I didn't have any issues, bugs, etc. So, there have been no major issues.

I haven't had any problems in regards to scalability. 15 to 30 users are utilizing at any given time, depending on the size of the class. Typically, there are 20 users.

From time to time every year, my account expires, then it has an automated service for renewing access. This is working perfectly because I haven't had any issues with it. There are some broken links within the help section, but the solution is well worth it otherwise.

Positive

We previously used Visio for diagramming, then students would upload their processes to the discussion forum and so on. However, this did not really make things work when you would be repairing, building up processes, or collaborating on processes with teammates. There were some missing features in regards to business processes. The repository was not able to perform with Visio as well as the business process simulation. These are features that we only get with Signavio.We also previously used the ADONIS:Community Edition.  We switched to Signavio because we wanted students to cover the whole business process management lifecycle, from discovery to modeling to optimization as well as simulation and theoretical execution. We were looking for enterprise-grade features, like repository and simulation. We could only get this with Signavio, which is the reason why we switched.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took a month. I registered for the initiative, then they provided me access. After that, I explored the environment a bit. I needed to register my separate accounts so I could have one screen from a teaching/lecturer perspective and another screen from a student perspective. This is so I can test the environment in a manner where I can then provide some guidance for students to complete their tutorials.

I watched a couple of webinars on its deployment as well as some tutorials published within the help section of Signavio Process Modeler. These were very helpful.

We did evaluate other options: Bizagi, Microsoft Visio, and ADONIS. We used these three tools prior to Signavio. As a teacher, I need to follow developments in the field for business process management. We also reviewed IT Central Station. The process repository is really valuable. This is something I cannot get with other tools.

What other advice do I have?

When you are selecting the business process management suite, you need to make sure that you have end-to-end coverage of the business process management lifecycle, not just to model the business processes, but also to run and optimize it. This is hard to achieve. An option is that you can check whether your selected solution supports a complete lifecycle. Another part is that you can export process models and run them on different process servers, not being locked into a certain vendor. Students will contact the businesses, but this will be over the phone for a single session to learn about their problems, then they would design a process. However, they would not validate outcomes of the process with customers or their business contact. We can benchmark it towards some kind of business best practices, e.g., what are the typical sales processes or order to cash, but we cannot really judge the overall improvement in real life. There is potential for students to build up a business process repository for a company that they are investigating. Typically, they would now design just one process for a certain case, but for their seminar work, they are examining a real-life business company that are typically smaller companies. They would talk to managers there, then design not one, but many complete end-to-end processes. There is also support for business process level. Therefore, we have a top-level process, then you can break that down. This is meaningful for students to have a better overview of the process landscape within certain companies. I haven't really tried to export the processes into a process server, but this is a valuable point. What do you do with the models that you design? Obviously, the best outcome is to run it, then analyze it for potential operational outcomes. However, we are not able to do that because we don't have a platform for this. I was not aware of SAP Journey Modeler until recently.  I would rate it as eight out of 10.
    Global BPM Professional at a renewables & environment company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Gives us a single source of truth, making it easier to find and fix operational problems
    • "I really like the Collaboration Hub because it's so easy to communicate. And what is really important is that you can use it asynchronously. It doesn't matter if you're working in Italy or in America. You are using the same process and you can speak about the same process."
    • "There is room for improvement in the reporting function. At the moment, for example, while it is possible to report on how many users you had in the last month, you can't use it to tell you how many users you had from the first week to the second week. This is really a drawback because when you have an activity to promote Signavio or BPI, it would be good to be able to measure how many people you had in the system."

What is our primary use case?

We use Signavio as a documentation tool so that everybody gets an overview of all our processes: this is the input to the process, this is the output, and these are the people who are involved in this process.

We want to use Signavio more and more as a process tool to document how long a process runs, and maybe to see how the KPIs are running.

How has it helped my organization?

Before we had Signavio, we didn't have a single source of truth. Nobody in our organization wanted to use the old tool anymore because it was not user-friendly. With Signavio, we have a tool that the employees like because it's easy to work with. For example, in the Process Manager, everything is drag-and-drop, making it really easy to model processes. It's also easy to approve processes from the process owner. These functions are much easier than in our old tool.

Signavio Process Manager also helps bridge the gap between operational excellence and customer experience. When you have all your processes documented in the tool, if there are any operational problems, it's easier to fix them. Everything is defined—every role and every responsibility—making it easier to find and solve a problem.

What is most valuable?

I also really like the fact that even if you are just in a draft version, you can share your process with others, so that they can comment on the process, and then you can continue working on it and incorporate the suggestions of others in your process.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the reporting function. At the moment, for example, while it is possible to report on how many users you had in the last month, you can't use it to tell you how many users you had from the first week to the second week. This is really a drawback because when you have an activity to promote Signavio or BPI, it would be good to be able to measure how many people you had in the system.

Another issue is that you have revisions, and every time you save the process, it is a new revision. It would be better if we had full versions, so that when we approve a process it would be, for example, the 2.0 version. And when we work on it, it would be 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, et cetera. Once it's approved again, it would be 3.0. That way, you could see at a glance how many times a process was approved.

We bought SAP Signavio Process Manager in September 2019.

In its day-to-day operation, the solution is really easy and helpful to use. But in the last few months, we have had a lot of performance issues. Sometimes Signavio has not been available for many hours. That happened three or four times within six weeks and this had led to acceptance problems.

We currently have about 1,000 processes in Signavio. The tool makes it easy to get an overview of the processes and it makes it easy to handle such complexity. If you only have 30 processes, it might not be necessary to have a real process management tool, but the more processes you have, the better it is to have such a tool.

We have 50 people working in Signavio and we want to increase the intensity of its use but without increasing the number of people who are modeling. The more people we have, the more complex things become. It is not easy to have all the people in meetings to keep them updated.

Signavio's technical support is good. We have used it often and most of our issues were solved. Sometimes there have been things that can't be solved and they have been added as a feature request. But overall, the support is good because every time you send them an issue, you get feedback about it.

Positive

We used BHC Vision. One of the reasons we switched was the fact that, with Signavio, everybody sees the processes well, in terms of modeling. Before, we only had a sequence flow from top to bottom, but now we have processes within lines and you can see, at the first glance, who is responsible for a given step.

I was not involved in the decision to buy Signavio because I was not in the organization at that time. However, I was the project manager for the implementation. I joined the company two months after the decision to go with Signavio, and I set it up.

The setup process was complex because there are so many things you have to keep in mind. There is the configuration of the system, and not only making the tool available, but the roll-out of the processes, the training, and learning all the interfaces.

In addition to me working on the setup full-time, we had an additional person who worked on it half-time. We set up the system and configured it according to the requirements of our organization. Of course, for the BPI content and the processes, there were more people involved.

We had an old tool where we had all our processes and then we had to transfer all the processes from it to Signavio. In the beginning, we thought we would do it in less than a year, but that was not manageable. It took us more than one and a half years to go live.

Due to the fact that Signavio is now part of SAP, the prices have been raised. I don't like that, of course, because we're a customer.

And what I really don't like is that when they introduced their customer Journey Modeler, we signed up for a beta version and they said to us that we could use this version for the next year without having to pay anything for it. Three months later they said, "Okay, so now the beta version is finished and you have to buy the licenses." And those licenses are really expensive. In comparison to Process Manager, it's not reasonable. The customer Journey Modeler is more than twice the price of Process Manager, which is a lot.

What other advice do I have?

Don't do everything on your own. Ask for help at an early stage. If we had involved Signavio's consultants at an earlier stage, we would have benefited from their best practices that they have learned from working with other customers. We should have trusted their evaluation because Signavio said, at the beginning, with our scenario, that we wouldn't go live in less than a year, and after a year we agreed with them that we wouldn't manage to do so. But it does take time and effort to run such a project.

We don't use the solution to identify and quantify issues during the customer journey. At the moment, for us, it's really only a documentation tool. But of course, in the future, when our organization is more customer-centric, we'll definitely use this.

SAP Signavio Process Manager
    June 2022
    610,336 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Andrew-Lim - PeerSpot reviewer
    Managing Director at Andrew Lim Consulting
    Ease of collaboration increases visibility and engagement with our users
    • "The most valuable feature is probably the nature of it."
    • "If you start from scratch then I think this product would be ideal, but if you already have something then it may or may not suit you."

What is our primary use case?

Our main use case for this solution is (1) capture current process with Process Manager (2) invite process feedback with Collaboration Hub (3) Process Intelligence/ Process Mining from  SAP Tables for Process Discovery and Process conformance with current process.  The process are modelled to BPMN 2.0 Standard. From there, we are able to analyze the business process and identify improvement opportunities.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization in terms of the level of engagement. For example, everybody is more aware of the business process.

In my experience, the Signavio BPMN view is easier for the business to understand than EPC.

In the old days, we used to run workshops with post-it notes and flip charts, draft the process map and then email the process maps or stick up the draft process maps on the wall for comment. You then collate the comments and modify the process maps which is time-consuming.

Since Signavio Process Manager is a cloud-based solution, it's way easier. You just invite users to comment on the process map.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the collaborative nature of it. If somebody documents a global process then everybody can comment on it, or contribute to the process map, regardless of where their office is.

For myself, I most often use the process manager, which has a friendly user interface.

What needs improvement?

The Signavio Process Manager is a middle-range solution that is also capable of process simulation and workflow management. Whilst it may not be as strong as other products for certain tasks; For example, simulation-wise, it is probably not as strong as SIMUL8 Process Simulation Software. For complex workflow management, it's probably not as strong as Appian. It represents good value for money with strong performance.

If you wish to build a process-centric business from scratch then I think this product would be ideal.

Signavio has released a newer version of the Customer Journey Map which is way better than the previous version.

4 years.

The stability is absolutely amazing. Up until now, I haven't had anything that I'm not satisfied with. We have not had any downtime since I have been with the company.

In terms of scalability, I have used several of the components and they all seem to be integrated. Everything ties in really well. For example, the decision modeling component is linked to the business process map, which is really good.

We have about two thousand people in our organization, and about three hundred who have been trained to use Signavio.

I'm not aware of any major things for which we had to go back to Signavio. The whole platform just works. The issues are more to do with what happens on our site in terms of, for example, creating the library. How you utilize or re-use the elements is entirely based on the libraries that you have created. If you have five different elements that are all called "Approval process" then it becomes a problem, but that would be an issue of governance.

We were using a fairly old ARIS product and then switched to this solution. The ARIS product was well structured, which is good, but the user-friendliness of Signavio Process Manager beats ARIS hands-down. The ARIS solution is also very expensive.

The switch came about when our ARIS license was about to expire, and we considered upgrading the existing product. Our group of thirty-two people evaluated both the upgraded ARIS product, as well as Signavio Process Manager, and it was put to a vote. The result was a unanimous decision to transition to Signavio.

The initial setup for this solution is very straightforward, especially compared to the ARIS product that we were using. Essentially, when you sign up, they give you the username and your password. You can set up the end users in one day.

The difficulty in setup is not on the Signavio Process Manager side. Rather, it is a question of whether the process architecture has been properly defined for how you want to document the business process. Obviously, that has nothing to do with the product, but you need to have a process architect who is able to set up the process governance framework prior to the process mapping.

There was a period of change management because of our switch from the ARIS solution, so there was training involved, but it was a fairly easy transition.

During deployment, we had one person doing the training, who also helped us translate processes from ARIS to Signavio. We had one person to manage it, and another to help us roll it out.

For the implementation, it was fairly easy and we worked directly with the Signavio consultants.

No comments as I was not involved in the commercial negotiation.

This solution provides good value for the money.

We only evaluated the ARIS and Signavio solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Signavio Process Manager is a very good middle-range product. If you want to have more engagement from your SME, or are just starting out and trying to build a process-centric company, then this solution is ideal. You have all of these components in one product, and it will help you to resolve various issues.

The product itself is brilliant, but you need a strong process architect who can provide governance and the framework as to how the business will need to go about documenting and then maintaining the business processes. You need to have the right expertise within the company. The best software in the world can't make up for this.

While Signavio is quite user-friendly, it can be an issue if multiple people creating the same entity in the dictionary. For example, a subprocess "Approval Process" can be created by different teams and process owners, this is something that has to be managed properly.

If I were given the opportunity to recommend process software for people to use, I would highly recommend this solution based on my experience.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Matt Mueller - PeerSpot reviewer
    Global Business Process Management Facilitator with 501-1,000 employees
    Easy to use and a valuable portal, but it needs a process automation engine
    • "Process management/Process governance is what we think Signavio is very good at."
    • "The reporting is too slow and there is a limit of 250 processes."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Signavio for global process documentation, process discussions, and process management (process owners).

We are running Signavio on IaaS (our own cloud) and Signavio Names is on-premises.

We also use the Signavio Dictionary function as a glossary of our business terms, and to manage the process roles. As we have more than 25 offices around the world and selling in more than 55 countries, we can not map functional roles on the Swim lanes chart. This would not work.

The process roles feature is crucial for us, as this is the way the people know what they do.

How has it helped my organization?

If you talk about what BPM has done to your organisation, then I would more see this as the refined question to ask.

The most important thing is to understand is that it is not about Signavio. Rather, it is about managing your processes and having process managers (process owners), with the goal of improving your processes.

It is crucial to use a BPMN capable software like Signavio, but you need a process automation engine to improve your processes, and this is what Signavio is missing! The effective workflow can not even reuse the BPMN diagram.

But to answer the question, Signavio has helped our organisation in the following ways:

We started with having 250 processes documented when we used Signavio, whereas now we have about 1,600 processes (global standards in production) and more than 8,000 processes in the system (this is like a knowledge base).

The easy-to-use Signavio has significantly helped us to climb to maturity, but we are using other tools to automate our processes. We are importing the Signavio processes and automate them using the automation tools.

What is most valuable?

This is what we use and find most valuable:

• Quick modeler; as the process interview can be done by everyone. The Gateway is missing, which is a shame because others have this feature.
    • Signavio modeler; this is our bread and butter functionality, although it is missing process variants, localisations, and no "To Be" process management.
    • Dictionary; this is an extremely powerful function that helps us to understand who does what, system and data usage, capability, and Business Term Management.
    • Collaboration Hub; we name it the Zespri process Portal. It is the one place to go, and a single source of information of truth.
    • Process management/Process governance is what we think Signavio is very good at.

What needs improvement?

It is missing workflow functions. The actor's email is stored in maps, which makes it unusable.

The reporting is too slow and there is a limit of 250 processes. There are not many reports available.

The governance report is only available on the dashboard.

There is no metadata and everything is on a map level. Process owners have to be entered into a single map!

There is no functionality for variants of processes.

There is no "To Be" process functionality. We have established a time-consuming workaround.

The copy function is only a one to one process if you like to keep your revisions/versions. Folders cannot be copied.

The number of bugs has increased a lot and it is still rising.

I have been using Signavio for more than five years.

Daily stability is ok. Mass uploads of processes and dictionary items will break the system, and process uploads are not managed properly. Some imports will complete only halfway or not at all.

We have 280 modelers and more than 8,000 Process Maps (As Is and To Be).

I guess we are a very heavy user because, for the past six months, we have reached our limit.

Customer service/support was great in the beginning but is now extremely poor.

You can feel that Signavio does not like on-premises any longer, as they try to push everyone onto the cloud-based SaaS.

If you are experienced then it is really straightforward.

Everything in-house for the application level and we used our service provider for implementing the IaaS component.

SaaS has no setup cost, just licensing fees.

We have looked at more than 100 other solutions, and Signavio was selected because of its ease of use and the portal. We had an enterprise workflow solution, but the workflow was not that important.

For data mining and process intelligence, there is a lot of software out there that is better and cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

We prefer to have an on-premises solution, as we can choose what version we are using. With more and more bugs showing up, that is a big benefit.

Overall, this is a good solution, but process automation is missing. This is what drives real improvement. Be careful about their sales promises and create a SLA if there are lots of people using it. We have some bugs that have been hanging for more than nine months.

Also, we believe that there are lots of process mining companies out there.

My advice is to check out what the product offers, see what fits your needs, and see what the prices are.

I compare Signavio with an amazing car that has very comfy seats but no motor under the hood. That seems harsh, but think about it: the power is the automation, as this delivers value by minimizing risk, saving costs, executing faster, and improving precision.

In summary, Signavio has helped us a lot in terms of becoming process-centric, but it is not enough and you need other tools. Most importantly, have a BPM methodology in place. We use BPTrends with help from Roger Tregear.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
    Vita Biletska - PeerSpot reviewer
    Process Manager at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    • "The benefit of this application is that I can immediately describe processes and form normative documents for these processes. For me, this is definitely a plus. Сurrently, I work in a company that is not involved in the structural alignment of business processes. They have huge gaps in this. Nothing is described and there are no norms. Therefore, the formation of regulatory documents, rules, and descriptions of processes, not only in graphic form, but also in documentary form is an absolute plus. I have not found this in other process programs."
    • "There is a need for more varied access packages. The access packages that I have used are not cheap enough. They also provide a complete set of tools that are not always used. Sometimes, you need more segregated things, e.g., Signavio includes functionality for a company that has not yet matured. Since there are no basic packages, the company must pay for a package that is not fully used. Typically, process management is started in a company of a certain maturity."

What is our primary use case?

My task is to form a package of documents describing the activities of the company as a whole. This is done for one purpose, as I understand it, to raise the market value of the company. This is the ordering of processes, provisioning a certain systematicity of processes and their description as well as polishing the API belonging to these processes.

We recently switched from on-premise to cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

At the moment, I am in the process of migrating documents into Signavio.

Today, our company is transforming internal processes. We are rebuilding and optimizing many processes, but it should be a continuous process. Today, we are undergoing changes in the description of codes. We are changing the site and many processes are changing accordingly. As a process manager, I envisage possible gaps where the infrastructure changes between operational units, the customer service unit, and customers. I participate in all these processes, shaping future changes, with one goal in mind: Minimize gaps between operational excellence and customer experience management.

Since my company works for external clients, all our processes are geared towards maximum customer service, improving it and performance. Describing these processes, we strive to improve them, or at least not to drop them. At the same time, there is an already developed matrix of key target indicators. Naturally, I focus all operational divisions on them. We have about 15 operational divisions involved in customer service. For example, my company is engaged in the delivery of pizza. We measure how much time we spend on delivery for one client as well as a pool of customers, the amount of pizza delivered for a certain period, etc. We are overhauling internal processes with the help of Signavio, trying to improve our indicators.

What is most valuable?

The benefit of this application is that I can describe processes and immediately form normative documents for these processes. For me, this is definitely a plus. Сurrently, I work in a company that is not involved in the structural alignment of business processes. They have huge gaps in this. Nothing is described and there are no norms. Therefore, the formation of regulatory documents, rules, and descriptions of processes, not only in graphic form, but also in documentary form is an absolute plus. I have not found this in other process programs.

What needs improvement?

I have used it for more than three years.

The stability is good. I do not see where it is possible to improve in this area. Reliability, availability, and stability are at a high level

I would suggest more opportunities for integration with other products, especially in the field of migration from a program to Signavio.

I haven’t worked with Signavio support.

I have used ARIS, Lucidchart, and draw.io. I used a different solution at every company that I have worked at.

It was easy enough. I liked the simplicity and usability of the program. It was not difficult for me, possibly because I am already a trained user.

The deployment did not take long. At most, it took up to half an hour.

I always suggest possible improvements and alternative development options or changes in the transformation process. Very often, I do mathematical calculations for this to show the financial benefits of implementing a process one way or another. For this, I naturally use Signavio tools for graphically displaying processes.

I have worked and reviewed various applications, such as ARIS, and web applications, such as Сamunda, draw.io and Lucidchart. They have quite large options of use from free to more advanced versions. They integrate quite well with each other, but the functionality is limited. There is no way to form a document that verbally describes a process. These are not the main differences, but this function is critical for me at the moment. My task is to form a package of documents describing the activities of the company as a whole.

What other advice do I have?

Signavio is quite a useful application and easy to use for companies who already have a certain level of maturity or who have decided to implement process management. I highly recommend it. Considering my experience with Signavio, I would rate it as nine out of 10.

Our order-to-ship cycle time process is already built up. We only work on its improvements.

André Sutter - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head of Business Process Management at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Access is very easy and the processes are intuitive
    • "We could increase the transparency and speed for the new ERP introduction. The status and changes by the new system are now clear to everybody and it is a great tool to train the people."
    • "There are some small graphical bugs, but they are addressed immediately by Signavio to their product development team."

What is our primary use case?

• Document processes as a baseline for further improvements
    • Design to be processed for ERP transformation (MS Dynamics)
    • Training material for new employees
    • The connection between several other pieces of information (templates, work instructions, learning videos etc.) which is very helpful for employees
      5 process managers designing processes
    • 2000 employees with collaboration hub licences to have access to all processes
    • Training videos based on processes in Signavio
    • Introduction of a new ERP system based on designs to be processed

How has it helped my organization?

Employees love the intuitive nature of the collaboration hub and use it as their knowledge center. Access is very easy and the processes are intuitive.

Even people that were reserved in the beginning love this tool now. Thanks to Signavio we have taken a big step from "Why can't we continue with the processes in Word documents" to "Wow, that's amazing".

We could increase the transparency and speed for the new ERP introduction. The status and changes by the new system are now clear to everybody and it is a great tool to train the people.

What is most valuable?

• High acceptance of the Signavio Collaboration Hub by our employees (what is the highest value for us)
    • Easy to use for process modeling users by drag and drop
    • Modeling convention check automated based on the defined setup
    • Easy access for collaboration hub users by single sign-on
    • Linking different processes to each other
    • Collaboration, everybody can contribute to process improvements
    • Excellent deployment program
    • Fast response to questions/issues
    • IT feedback "fastest and easiest Single Sign On (SSO) we have done so far"

What needs improvement?

• There are some small graphical bugs, but they are addressed immediately by Signavio to their product development team.
    • The Stanard process model based on best practices would be helpful. Especially if there are no processes in place already to have an outside view on best practice models.
    • Document management system to mange templates, checklists, work instructions. upload is possible but no version control etc. Signavio is not a document management tool yet.
    • Focus also on other big ERP solutions (not just SAP).

I have been using Signavio since the beginning of 2020.

No issues with stability (SaaS).

High acceptance of the Signavio Collaboration Hub by our employees (what is the highest value for us). So we use it in all legal entitites.
    Also there are interfaces to other IT solutions that are helpful, e.g. EAM

Support has a fast response to questions/issues.

We used MS Word.

Implement a professional BPM tool to make processes available to everybody

Straightforward initial setup, that was well prepared and all our questions could be answered.

We used the SIgnavio team (Premium Deployment Program)

We saw ROI in 12 months.

Due to COVID the deployment program took place remote via GoToMeeting. But it worked very well and the whole program was well prepared and very helpful for us. We chose the premium deployment program, which allowed us to continue with monthly Q&A sessions with Signavio. This was very helpful for us and together with the Signavio consultant, it was more like a real team-work. We really appreciate that.

Signavio is not the cheapest provider but also high value.

We evaluated several solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Signavio is a great BPM tool with high acceptance among our employees

Other
    AndreeaSoloi - PeerSpot reviewer
    Process Excellence Manager at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    User
    Great process management with good collaboration capabilities and great stability
    • "This functionality ("invite anyone for feedback") has substantially increased visibility over work-in-progress when it comes to process modelling and overall process management and it decreased the time spent on giving and receiving feedback through emails and through sharing screenshots/.ppt files/Visio files etc."
    • "The user management functionality in Process Manager is not as user friendly as the one in the Collaboration Hub."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a support tool towards becoming more focused on process management. This high-level goal can be further broken down into increasing visibility over existing processes, facilitating the design and collaboration on to-be processes, as well as cutting down on external consultants costs related to process management.

Furthermore, we are using Signavio for our enterprise architecture as well, in order to increase visibility over how the different IT systems used in the company are supporting different processes.

How has it helped my organization?

SAP Signavio Process Manager has a strong basis for creating a process organizational structure (process owners, process managers).

Visualizing and collaborating in one place on all cross-functional processes has led to an increased understanding of how everything connects (especially through the use of previous and subsequent processes, but also through the use of the "call activity" function within the BPMN models).

The centralized dictionary has further helped with standardization of items such as roles at a global level.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features was the possibility of not only collaborating with the other system Process Managers and also with non-licensed users (whether Collaboration Hub users or other external users).

This functionality ("invite anyone for feedback") has substantially increased visibility over work-in-progress when it comes to process modelling and overall process management and it decreased the time spent on giving and receiving feedback through emails and through sharing screenshots/.ppt files/Visio files etc.

What needs improvement?

The user management functionality in Process Manager is not as user friendly as the one in the Collaboration Hub. The design, although good compare to other solutions on the market, is not as great as that of the Collaboration Hub.

Furthermore, the integration with SharePoint Online doesn't offer the same benefits as the one with SharePoint classic, meaning that when using the search functionality of "search in content" you will not get results of the text within the SharePoint Online documentation.

I've used the solution for seven months.

We have not experienced many issues (if any) so far, however, we have also only started using this solution.

The product offers good scalability options, especially with the SAP acquisition.

Technical support offers prompt answers from our initial contact (sales representatives) to the consultant we worked with during the setup and training.

Positive

We did use 2c8 Apps, which was not user-friendly enough and didn't offer a cloud solution. It also was difficult to collaborate/share content with the rest of the organization.

The initial setup was straightforward, and although we used Signavio's premium rapid deployment, we could've most likely done it by ourselves.

We implemented the product with the help of Signavio (10 days of consultation efforts).

I am unable to give an answer at this point as we are still only starting to work with Signavio.

There is a rather high cost for the Process Manager licenses, however, costs can go down if there are more modules from the Business Transformation Suite added to the contract.

We looked at up to 80 other process modelling solution providers. The top 4 vendors were Aris, Adonis, GBTEC, and Signavio.

Paavo Heikkinen - PeerSpot reviewer
    Business Process Manager at VAT
    Excellent for increasing process transparency by offering a single source of truth
    • "All in all, Signavio usability is excellent. Anyone can learn to use the tool quickly. This increases acceptance as employees are not facing a high learning curve. With the offered usability it is easy to model processes also live in workshops."
    • "Moreover, the functionality to show different process variations with "views" could be improved to allow more customization of these views. I believe this would increase the user experience and administrative efforts maintaining these process variations."

What is our primary use case?

We are establishing the business process management function and business process culture with the help of Signavio. Our processes have been designed in Visio/Word and stored in a document management system. The user-friendliness of these processes has not been the highest as the integrations between the various documents are not easily shown. Signavio supports us in documenting and collecting these processes in a collaborative manner together with the process users. Additionally, we are able to show the various links between the different processes using this tool - thus, increasing transparency.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio is excellent for increasing process transparency by offering a single source of truth. We are able to model our processes on various process levels, to link these processes to redefined roles and organizational units, and to the relevant documents such as work instructions and templates. Moreover, the collaboration functionality has increased the user acceptance of the processes. As the users are actively giving feedback on the processes and are able to see the comments from other process users, also their process understanding increases.

What is most valuable?

All in all, Signavio usability is excellent. Anyone can learn to use the tool quickly. This increases acceptance as employees are not facing a high learning curve. With the offered usability it is easy to model processes also live in workshops. The enforced modeling conventions help us to maintain a standardized process look and feel. Additionally, the collaboration functionality is top of the line. This allows us to quickly collect the various ideas and feedback from the various organizational roles.

What needs improvement?

There are no major features missing from Signavio. Nevertheless, I would like to see an improved navigation feature in the Collaboration Hub. The current user experience for navigating between different process levels could be more intuitive. Navigation over the process structure is possible but requires a few additional clicks.

I have been working with Signavio intensively for five months.

Signavio in the cloud is stable and continuously updated. In case updates are causing down time, they are communicated in advance. The explorer (modeller) works seamlessly and offers good user experience.

The various user roles help in scaling the solution to your organization's needs. Also, with the cloud solution, it is quite easy to get additional licenses when needed.

Deployment was painless and straightforward. Signavio offered structured support.

The offered deployment services are worth the money and will help you to get started.

Download our free SAP Signavio Process Manager Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: June 2022