Hyland OnBase OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Hyland OnBase is the #5 ranked solution in top Enterprise Content Management tools and #23 ranked solution in BPM Software. PeerSpot users give Hyland OnBase an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Hyland OnBase is most commonly compared to SharePoint: Hyland OnBase vs SharePoint. Hyland OnBase is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Hyland OnBase?
OnBase enterprise content management software combines integrated document management, business process management and records management in a single application. Whether deployed as a hosted or premises-based solution, OnBase allows organizations to automate business processes and reduce the time and cost of performing important business functions through the management and control of content.

Hyland OnBase was previously known as OnBase.

Hyland OnBase Customers
Honda France Industries, Hill County Texas, Hylant Group, ING Lease France, State of South Carolina, Syracuse University, Swindon College, Rhode Island Department of Human Services, Rochester Institute of Technology, Moen, Odense University Hospital
Hyland OnBase Video

Hyland OnBase Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Hyland OnBase pricing:
  • "They can do better in terms of the pricing model. It is a really expensive tool in Latin America. They should have different prices for different regions."
  • "There are a number of different types of licenses. There are concurrent licenses, individual licenses and imaging licenses."
  • "OnBase is reasonably priced."
  • Hyland OnBase Reviews

Technical Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Reseller
    A remarkable all-in-one platform with amazing stability and scalability and good technical support
    • "OnBase is a remarkable tool. It is a well-done product. Hyland has a lot of experience in building it and looking for new things for clients in terms of functionalities. It has amazing stability, and it can grow horizontally and vertically. It is built for growth. Their technical support is also quite good and available throughout the year."
    • "For user experience, they would have to do more with the interface. It is not easy to work with and is a little messy. It is getting better, but it is not yet good enough. Other products are comparatively doing better in terms of the user interface. I have been hearing about Box, which is very easy to use and learn for the users. OnBase has to work on this aspect. It should have BPM capabilities. We compete with tools that provide the BPM feature and support those standards. They can do better in terms of the pricing model. It is a really expensive tool in Latin America. They should have different prices for different regions."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for basic documents. It is like a document manager.

I am working with Foundation on EP3. We have clients with on-premises deployments, and we have clients with cloud deployments.

What is most valuable?

OnBase is a remarkable tool. It is a well-done product. Hyland has a lot of experience in building it and looking for new things for clients in terms of functionalities.

It has amazing stability, and it can grow horizontally and vertically. It is built for growth. Their technical support is also quite good and available throughout the year.

What needs improvement?

For user experience, they would have to do more with the interface. It is not easy to work with and is a little messy. It is getting better, but it is not yet good enough. Other products are comparatively doing better in terms of the user interfaceI have been hearing about Box, which is very easy to use and learn for the users. OnBase has to work on this aspect.

It should have BPM capabilities. We compete with tools that provide the BPM feature and support those standards.

I have been using this solution for more than 12 years.

Business Process Management (BPM)
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Hyland, Nintex, Camunda and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: November 2022.
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is a really stable platform. It is amazing.

Its scalability is good. You can grow horizontally and vertically. It is built for growth. If you want to grow to add new products in the same solution, you can do it. If you want to increase the number of users, you can easily do that. You may have to add some servers.

Our customers usually are large businesses with large projects. Most of our clients have been working with OnBase for the last ten years. They are growing year by year.

Their technical support is quite good. We get support 24 hours and 365 days a year. It never stops. They are working even during the United States holidays. They have support even on those days.

It depends on the complexity of the project. We have a lot of clients who had simple projects, and they have been growing and expanding. We also had clients who had a complex project as the first project. In my opinion, it is better to start small and then grow. OnBase allows you to do that.

Its deployment might take from two weeks to a month. It depends on the complexity of the project.

We normally compete with Oracle and IBM. These are the main competitors. OpenText is also a competitor but not the main one.

The main difference from other solutions is that OnBase is one and only one platform. You don't have to integrate other things. You have one solution for everything. When you install and begin to use OnBase, you use other functionalities like switching the licenses. You don't have to reinstall or install new software to add functionality, which is an attractive thing for the customers.

What other advice do I have?

The best way to get the best out of this solution is by starting small. Start with a single solution, and then increase the complexity. OnBase allows you to start this way, and it is a cheaper, quicker, and the best way to get a good solution at the end.

I would rate Hyland OnBase an eight out of ten.

Phemy Lekalakala - PeerSpot reviewer
    Manager of Information Systems at University of the Witwatersrand
    Stable content and workflow management solution with a valuable retention module
    • "The retention module is one of the most valuable features. Whatever we scan onto the system can be identified and we are notified when the records are due to be disposed."
    • "We are struggling with duplicates and would like to have OCR functionality when using this solution."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for record management and digitization of records. We also use it for workflows and to build online forms.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We are struggling with duplicates and would like to have OCR functionality when using this solution. We do have a barcoding solution but the main challenge we need to overcome is identifying duplicates.

I have been using this solution for more than ten years.

This is a scalable solution.

This solution is 80% scalable. We have approximately 5,000 users supported by it.

I would rate the support for this solution a seven out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We have previously used Perceptive Content which is also part of Hyland.

The initial setup is straightforward. Deployment took one to two months including testing.

We implemented this solution with the help of a partner.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is easy to implement and easy to use as long as you know what your business requirement are or the specifications are straightforward.

Business Process Management (BPM)
    November 2022
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Business Consultant at a computer software company
    Reseller
    A single platform with multiple capabilities to orchestrate processes, complex business rules and all types of business content.

What is our primary use case?

We use Hyland OnBase for knowledge management.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The look and feel could be better!!!

I have been using Hyland OnBase for one year.

Its a strong and very stable solution

Absolutely scalable, you can start with a small process and grow whatever you want.

Technical support is excellent.

The initial setup is fast and easy

In house team

What other advice do I have?

I will always recommend this solution to new users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Hyland OnBase a nine.

Private Cloud

Other
    Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are resellers, implementers and customers.
    MIS Director with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Very secure, stable, and low-maintenance

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use OnBase for content management for our HR system, specifically to archive HR documentation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it's very secure and provides audit trails for our documents.

What needs improvement?

An area for improvement would be the training - getting our people up to speed on how to use it required more training than we expected due to the complexity of the solution.

I've been using Hyland OnBase for four or five years.

OnBase is stable and low-maintenance.

OnBase's scalability is good.

OnBase is reasonably priced - we pay around $4,500 a month for our licenses.

What other advice do I have?

I would give OnBase a rating of eight out of ten.

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hyland, Nintex, Camunda, and more!
    Updated: November 2022