ServiceNow Orchestration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ServiceNow Orchestration is the #11 ranked solution in top Process Automation tools. PeerSpot users give ServiceNow Orchestration an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. ServiceNow Orchestration is most commonly compared to Camunda Platform: ServiceNow Orchestration vs Camunda Platform. ServiceNow Orchestration is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 78% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Process Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is ServiceNow Orchestration?

ServiceNow is the fastest-growing enterprise cloud software company in the world above $1 billion (2018 revenue was $2.6 billion, up 36% year over year). We deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity to approximately 5,400 enterprise customers worldwide, including almost 75% of the Fortune 500.

ServiceNow Orchestration Customers
experian, BEACHBODY, HealthPartners, Banosoft
ServiceNow Orchestration Video

ServiceNow Orchestration Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ServiceNow Orchestration pricing:
  • "The solution is costly and orchestrations are very expensive."
  • "This is an expensive product, but it is the best in the market considering the features and lack of competitors."
  • "ServiceNow doesn't give a clear cost indication. They have different contracts with different organizations and it's all about negotiation, so you don't know how they are doing at the cost level."
  • ServiceNow Orchestration Reviews

Business Manager, Cybersecurity & Network Practices at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Enables an organization to bring all its functions together, saving time and resources
    • "Great with IT processes and business processes."
    • "There can be gaps in integration."

What is our primary use case?

The use case depends on the needs of our customers. We deploy it for business and IT workflows as well as for within IT workflows. Use cases also include auto-ticketing and auto-resolution. We have a premium partnership with ServiceNow and I'm a business manager in IT services.

How has it helped my organization?

The automation ServiceNow has provided, saves us a lot of time and resources.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that the product helps with IT processes and business processes. It's moved from being an ITSM to an ESM. It creates one platform so an enterprise can bring all its functions together. It's one of the core features that led us to build a platform that combines our use cases with ServiceNow. In terms of integrations, I think they're able to cover most of the leading industry tools across the spectrum.

What needs improvement?

We have found some gaps in integration because all of our customers require niche tools. Different companies have different needs - I guess it's difficult to cover every use case.

November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about ServiceNow, Camunda, BMC and others in Process Automation. Updated: November 2022.
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using this solution for six months.

The tool is stable but there can be issues if the integration is not done correctly.

The solution is scalable. Our company has 20 to 30 users in addition to our developers, which probably makes around 40 users in total. We have a core team who develop use cases that are reusable across multiple customers. We have a couple of service management experts and a couple of automation engineers. There are a few data scientists who build dashboards and of course people providing inputs from the delivery team. It's a mix of key roles. We have one person responsible for maintenance.

We have a good relationship with ServiceNow and receive good service and support.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I'm not involved in the setup, but my understanding from the technical team is that it's straightforward. We have an experienced team and I'm sure that helps. They have mentioned that whenever there's an upgrade, it comes with detailed instructions and guides and that ServiceNow provides preemptive support which is a big help. The initial deployment takes a couple of hours but the overall process following that can take a couple of weeks with the various checklists.

We provide our customers with a license and we bundle our own services together with that. ServiceNow offers different kinds of licenses that range in cost. We have the flexibility to get discounts based on scale.

We went with ServiceNow because of the flexibility it provides automating processes from procurement through to invoicing and to notifications on one platform.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution. We've been able to build a couple of our own bots for auto-resolution and auto-remediation for incidents or problems. We have also automated in areas where we want to execute some kind of a change so there are multiple use cases across which we have built capabilities.

I recommend this solution and rate it eight out of 10.

KrishnaPrasad1 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Principal Consultant at TAG
    Effectively handles automations but is a bit rigid and very costly
    • "The solution effectively automates business processes."
    • "The flow rate for releases and updates is very, very slow and does not meet customers' objectives for scalability."

What is our primary use case?

Our organization uses the solution as a POC for employee onboarding and offboarding, BU changes for the active directory, cloud infrastructure changes, new builds, and automation of new builds and user management for joiners or leavers.

All 3,000 people at our organization use the solution.

What is most valuable?

The solution effectively automates business processes.

What needs improvement?

The solution is a bit rigid because it requires the completion of five steps in one direction. If you do not follow that order, you will not succeed. There is no flexibility when it comes to customer requirements.

Orchestrations are very expensive and the cost overall needs to come down.

The flow rate for releases and updates is very, very slow and does not meet customers' objectives for scalability. For example, changes in model numbers or products are not enabled for six months to a year because they are included only with new releases.

I have been using the solution for six months.

The solution is definitely stable.

The solution is always scalable.

Enhanced customer support is lacking for anything outside of the solution's five-point checklist. Customer and technical support should be more transparent.

I did not previously use another solution.

The setup is pretty straightforward.

The implementation was completed with help from a certified consultant and took two weeks.

Ongoing maintenance is handled by five administrators and developers.

The solution is costly and orchestrations are very expensive.

The approach is "what we have is what you get." The customer pays a lot of money for that rigid approach.

There are other, less expensive ways to automate business processes. Workarounds allow you to implement through coding and are free.

Endpoint Central is a less expensive option that will get the job done.

What other advice do I have?

The cost is very high and prohibitive so I rate the solution a five out of ten.

Other
    November 2022
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Ismail Aboulezz - PeerSpot reviewer
    MD at LeaseWeb
    Useful for enterprise resource management and network management of resources

What is our primary use case?

We use it for enterprise resource management and network management of servers, operating systems, resource management systems, links, applications, and troubleshooting. In addition, it can be used for the network management of resources, from the application to the end user.

What is most valuable?

The data visualization is good and is hard to find in other products, but the best feature is the ease of use.

We have been using this solution for two years. It is deployed on-premises.

It is very stable.

It is scalable.

We have not used technical support, but clients can contact their digital team if they face issues.

The initial setup was straightforward. The time for deployment depends on the client's organization and configuration. It usually takes time to get and find the resources, ensure everything is in place and working right, and train the staff.

The deployment requires awareness among the project staff and does not necessarily require training. It took us three or four days, but the installation took just two hours.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a ten out of ten. I would recommend ServiceNow Orchestration, and I consider it the best product in its domain in the market now.

AnkurAshok - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager - Retail Sales at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    User-friendly solution with many integrations and potential to become an entire ERP
    • "This is a user-friendly solution where scripts can be made with ease. There are also many integration options, including Microsoft products, which gives the product a competitive edge."
    • "There is still room for more integrations. Or, it would be nice to bundle multiple products together rather than selling everything as a model as that turns out to be a bit costly."

What is our primary use case?

We sell this solution to companies looking for application installation, password resets, or automation that helps reduce IT contacts.

What is most valuable?

Overall, this is an effective solution with fast implementation.

What needs improvement?

Support has been great and ServiceNow provided us with quality training from the start.

What other advice do I have?

Right now, ServiceNow is limited to IT service management. I believe that it has the potential to go beyond that and be an entire ERP which would allow organizations to centralize a lot of their activity.

I would rate this a nine out of ten.

Puneet_Sharma - PeerSpot reviewer
    Domain consulting partner at Wipro Limited
    Scalable solution for operations management
    • "It's scalable."
    • "I would like a user experience module to be added."

What is our primary use case?

I'm currently a consulting partner for an organization, and I manage multiple customer accounts.

What needs improvement?

The interface could always be improved. I would like a user experience module to be added. With different services that they are reporting, how can that be measured and what analysis can be done on the user experience?

The cost could be lower.

It's scalable.

The cost is a little bit too high.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

My advice is it should not be more developer dependent. It should be easier for the organization to scale or to configure. The only challenge I see is it requires a lot of technical expertise to implement these tools and modules and all those things. If a vendor tries to make it easier for everyone to implement, that would make the whole process much easier.

Download our free Process Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about ServiceNow, Camunda, BMC, and more!
    Updated: November 2022