DX Unified Infrastructure Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

DX Unified Infrastructure Management is the #11 ranked solution in top Server Monitoring tools, #15 ranked solution in top Cloud Monitoring Software, #21 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools, and #22 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give DX Unified Infrastructure Management an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. DX Unified Infrastructure Management is most commonly compared to DX Spectrum: DX Unified Infrastructure Management vs DX Spectrum. DX Unified Infrastructure Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 61% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.
DX Unified Infrastructure Management Buyer's Guide

Download the DX Unified Infrastructure Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is DX Unified Infrastructure Management?

DX Unified Infrastructure Management is the only solution that provides an open architecture, full-stack observability and zero-touch configuration for monitoring traditional data center, public cloud, and hybrid infrastructure environments.

Designed to ensure an optimal end-user experience, this solution provides a modern HTML5 operations console that makes it easy and fast for today’s IT teams to implement, use, and scale – leading to faster time to value.

DX Unified Infrastructure Management was previously known as DX Infrastructure Manager, DX Infrastructure Manager for Z Systems and CA UIM for zSystems, CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager), CA Nimsoft Monitor, CA UIM, DX Infrastructure Manager.

DX Unified Infrastructure Management Customers

CBNCloud, IIJ Global Singapore, AT&S, AXSOS, Aozora Bank, HCL Technologies, IntelliNet, Securex

DX Unified Infrastructure Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about DX Unified Infrastructure Management pricing:
  • "Pricing for DX Unified Infrastructure Management isn't cheap at all. It's a complex tool, so you have to pay more. No one is happy with a large bill to pay, but if it's a complex product and you designed a complex solution to be monitored, it'll be your fault that you need to buy an expensive product, and that would be implicit in the design of DX Unified Infrastructure Management. Monitoring is just a small part of it. Sometimes you have to pay a significant amount of money for a complex yet very good solution."
  • "Customers pay for the license and the support."
  • DX Unified Infrastructure Management Reviews

IT Architect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Scalable, has an automatic deployment feature for objects you want to focus on, so you won't miss any data on any server, and has other advanced features
    • "What I like about DX Unified Infrastructure Management is that it's a very good product. The feature I found most valuable in the solution is the MCS feature, which is the automatic deployment of the objects you want to monitor. You can set up a system, for example, if it's a Windows machine and I want to test specific devices on it, I could do that through DX Unified Infrastructure Management. That type of deployment is very good because it means you won't miss any monitoring aspect on any server."
    • "I'm very happy with DX Unified Infrastructure Management, but what could be improved is its user interface because currently, it has many wide spaces. All the information you need is in DX Unified Infrastructure Management, and it's a reliable tool, and though that's more important than the gaps in the user interface being smaller or wider, those gaps still need some improvement. I know the team is working on it. My company had some backend problems with DX Unified Infrastructure Management in the past that have now been solved. The setup for the tool also needs improvement because it's complex. Another room for improvement in DX Unified Infrastructure Management is its technical support because it's sometimes not as knowledgeable or responsive. What I'm suggesting to be added to the tool is an open-standard ELK Elastic-based database where you can put in all data, so that you can use the data in other systems as well."

What is most valuable?

What I like about DX Unified Infrastructure Management is that it's a very good product. The feature I found most valuable in the solution is the MCS feature, which is the automatic deployment of the objects you want to monitor. You can set up a system, for example, if it's a Windows machine and I want to test specific devices on it, I could do that through DX Unified Infrastructure Management. That type of deployment is very good because it means you won't miss any monitoring aspect on any server.

What needs improvement?

I'm very happy with DX Unified Infrastructure Management, but what could be improved is its user interface because currently, it has many wide spaces. All the information you need is in DX Unified Infrastructure Management, and it's a reliable tool, and though that's more important than the gaps in the user interface being smaller or wider, those gaps still need some improvement. I know the team is working on it. My company had some backend problems with DX Unified Infrastructure Management in the past that have now been solved.

The setup for the tool also needs improvement because it's complex.

Another room for improvement in DX Unified Infrastructure Management is its technical support because it's sometimes not as knowledgeable or responsive.

What I'm suggesting to be added to the tool is an open-standard ELK Elastic-based database where you can put in all data, so that you can use the data in other systems as well.

I've been working with DX Unified Infrastructure Management for a total of six or seven years now.

DX Unified Infrastructure Management is a very stable tool.

DX Unified Infrastructure Management
    December 2022
    Learn what your peers think about DX Unified Infrastructure Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

My team finds DX Unified Infrastructure Management scalable. It's good enough in terms of scalability.

The technical support for DX Unified Infrastructure Management could be better because the quality of support fluctuates.

On a scale of one to five, I'm rating support a three.

Sometimes, half of the year, support is perfect, and then for some reason, in the other half of the year, support becomes less responsive and less knowledgeable.

My company asked for improvement from the support team and mentioned the areas my team is unhappy with, and now I see support for DX Unified Infrastructure Management improving again.

I found the initial setup for DX Unified Infrastructure Management complex, but the environment in my company is rather complex. It's a complex setup for every tool, and I doubt other tools would be able to match the requirements of my company.

Pricing for DX Unified Infrastructure Management isn't cheap at all. It's a complex tool, so you have to pay more. No one is happy with a large bill to pay, but if it's a complex product and you designed a complex solution to be monitored, it'll be your fault that you need to buy an expensive product, and that would be implicit in the design of DX Unified Infrastructure Management. Monitoring is just a small part of it. Sometimes you have to pay a significant amount of money for a complex yet very good solution.

We'll be comparing DX Unified Infrastructure Management against another product, so we still don't know the outcome. Scalability and advanced features are the main reasons people choose DX Unified Infrastructure Management over other tools.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest version of DX Unified Infrastructure Management.

Within the company of nine thousand people, about four hundred people use DX Unified Infrastructure Management, and department-wise, there's a total of sixty user accounts.

My rating for DX Unified Infrastructure Management, in general, is eight out of ten. If the price could be lower and functionality could be higher, I'd give it a ten.

Techincal Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Good topology, good stability and scalability, and useful for knowing about network performance and planning the network capacity
    • "One of the things that I like about DX Infrastructure is that the topology is good enough to see what is happening in the infrastructure. You also get alerts if something is happening in the network. There are many features and benefits. It is serving our customers in knowing exactly how their network is performing in terms of reliability. It also helps them in planning the capacity. They know how much bandwidth the branches are consuming."
    • "The only challenge that I have with this solution is the reporting part. The users are not really comfortable with the kind of reports they are getting. Sometimes, they want to see reports in their own format. Customizing those reports with Jasper is not very easy. It could be because of the knowledge gap. If you have the knowledge of how Jasper can be configured to suit customer requirements in terms of reporting, it is good. There was a time a customer complained about one issue related to Netflow analysis. Broadcom has a separate model for that, but the customer wanted everything bundled together. It could also have IP management so that I am able to see or analyze IPs so that the IPs that are already in use don't get assigned."

What is our primary use case?

We offer products from Broadcom to our customers. We are only offering DX Spectrum, DX Infrastructure Manager, APM, and CA Assets and Liabilities Management in our country.

It is used for network management. Our clients have a large and complex network, and they needed a solution that gives them the ability to look into and manage the network. They are able to detect the events that happened and fix them on-prem. We have around four customers of this solution. One of the top banks here in Nigeria is using DX Infrastructure Manager. A government agency is also using this solution.

What is most valuable?

One of the things that I like about DX Infrastructure is that the topology is good enough to see what is happening in the infrastructure. You also get alerts if something is happening in the network.

There are many features and benefits. It is serving our customers in knowing exactly how their network is performing in terms of reliability. It also helps them in planning the capacity. They know how much bandwidth the branches are consuming.

What needs improvement?

The only challenge that I have with this solution is the reporting part. The users are not really comfortable with the kind of reports they are getting. Sometimes, they want to see reports in their own format. Customizing those reports with Jasper is not very easy. It could be because of the knowledge gap. If you have the knowledge of how Jasper can be configured to suit customer requirements in terms of reporting, it is good.

There was a time a customer complained about one issue related to Netflow analysis. Broadcom has a separate model for that, but the customer wanted everything bundled together. It could also have IP management so that I am able to see or analyze IPs so that the IPs that are already in use don't get assigned.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

It is a stable product.

It is scalable.

Broadcom acquired CA. When they were CA, their technical support was okay, but since the acquisition, they are kind of slow in terms of support. Being one of their partners, we need their support in terms of selling this product to other customers. There is a knowledge gap between me as a partner and OEM. OEM needs to come and position themselves very well in the market and help us with some of the opportunities that we are trying to drive for these solutions.

It is a very straightforward solution. Its deployment doesn't take more than 30 minutes in terms of the server and the network, but it also depends on the architecture of the deployment. Some people have a large or complex network.

Customers pay for the license and the support.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We currently have engagement with two banks for this solution. We are trying to pitch this solution to them.

I would rate DX Infrastructure Manager a nine out of ten. I have not really compared it with other solutions to see what are the differences. Based on my usage, it is serving, and it is okay. Customers are not complaining.

DX Unified Infrastructure Management
    December 2022
    657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Arunpandiyan M - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Easy to set up, simple to use, and offers great technical support
    • "Technical support is great."
    • "We've had issues with pulling reports."

What is our primary use case?

This is a CI tool. We use it for board processing, monitoring, and budgeting.

What is most valuable?

It's very useful. The solution is quite easy to handle. Even beginners can use it quite easily. Even though there are some manual processes, it's still very easy to do.

It has a good learning curve for someone even if he doesn't have experience with server monitoring tools. It could help them to learn and understand how to use a server monitoring tool.

If you want to monitor the server you just open the board and it will come under the infrastructure manager. We have deployed the probes like the CBS memory probe and it will monitor that memory or whatever the customer needs.

The setup itself is very easy.

It has been stable and reliable.

The solution can scale.

Technical support is great.

There are some automation capabilities.

What needs improvement?

There are quite a few manual processes.

We've had issues with pulling reports. Sometimes we have trouble or get errors. The reporting process should be easier.

If you have a hub, you should be able to have an unlimited number of servers. For example, if you have 500 servers, and the limit is ten, you have to pull 50 reports. We'd like to just pull one report for all servers. This also increases the time to pull reports. If we have to pull more reports, it takes that much longer than just pulling one.

The product can be expensive.

Right now, they are updating and consolidating the dashboard. I'm expecting an update that will resolve a few glitches in the server.

I've used the solution for the last four and a half years.

The solution has been stable and reliable. There are no bugs. However, sometimes, if we have to open the probing, the operation fails. There's some error. That said, in the next release, they will fix the bugs.

We have found the solution to be scalable.

We are a team of 20 people, and we are using it with 300 customers with 10,000 plus users. We use it daily.

I'm very satisfied with the technical support. They are knowledgeable and very quick to update. Whenever we create a task, they help us immediately. It's great to have a team that has so much technical skill.

Positive

I've also used Elantra, which is more automated than DX.

We find the initial setup to be straightforward and simple. I did a primary server, a baby server, and one quick dashboard and it's very easy to build and integrate.

I'd rate the entire process a five out of five in terms of ease of setup.

My understanding is the solution is expensive. I'm not 100% sure of the exact pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend the solution to others. It is expensive, however. New users need to consider their budget before going ahead.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

Other
    Mark Tukh - PeerSpot reviewer
    Principal Pre-sales Architect at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reseller
    Great scalability, versatility, infrastructure coverage and ease of implementation

What is our primary use case?

The major use case is for managing the hybrid data center and all its components, such as patient infrastructure and the physical and virtual infrastructure of the model data center.

What is most valuable?

The best features are scalability, versatility, infrastructure coverage and ease of implementation.

What needs improvement?

There should be wider coverage of storage infrastructure. In addition, the product used to have a mobile interface, but it is not supported anymore. It would be good to add it back.

We have been using this solution for about 20 years and provide our customers with the latest version. It is deployed on-premises.

It is very scalable, and I rate the scalability a ten out of ten.

The technical support is good, and I rate them an eight out of ten because they could be a bit better.

Positive

I rate the initial setup an eight out of ten. The number of people needed for deployment depends on the customer, but we usually need at least one person and two to three at other times. The initial implementation takes about two months. The full implementation can be infinite because you may want to implement more.

The product does not require a lot of maintenance. To increase the implementation, we push additional services in the first and second years to make it more robust and fully implemented. We usually sell to big enterprises. It can also be affordable for smaller enterprises, but we don't work with them a lot.

We have from 2,000 to 10,000 workers. So the product itself can have five, ten or even 20 users.

I rate the ROI a ten out of ten.

I rate the licensing cost a ten out of ten. It is affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Enterprise systems management team lead
    A good server monitoring tool that allows a comprehensive topology view, but lacking in deployment mechanism
    • "The feature that we've found to be very helpful is the way the solution categorizes the devices to identify groups, groups of devices and clusters. This allows us to be aware of their position within the topology."
    • "We have experienced challenges with finding a mechanism to deploy the agents, but it's only on the first deployment so it's not a big issue."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for server, networks and storage monitoring purposes.

What is most valuable?

The feature that we've found to be  very helpful is the way the solution categorizes the devices to identify groups, groups of devices and clusters. This allows us to be aware of their position within the topology.

The product also has a standard monitoring process regardless of operating systems; it monitors everything the same way.

What needs improvement?

We have experienced challenges with finding a mechanism to deploy the agents, but it's only on the first deployment so it's not a big issue.

We would also like to see some enhancements in assignment and adaptation functionality for consoles.

We have been working with this solution for three years.

We have found this to be a fairly stable solution.

We have setup this solution so that we can easily scale up as necessary. It is a multi-tenanted arrangement, so if  new companies come on board, we will then deploy it to them.

We haven't had any issues at all with the environment in terms of support.

Positive

The initial setup of this solution was very straightforward, with the full deployment taking around three months to complete.

We have a partner company who carried out the implementation with us. We first worked on the high priority servers, then the next level, and so on.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend this as a good starter solution for organizations, however, we would advise that additional functionality will significantly increase the cost of this product.

Solution Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Provides monitoring for the infrastructure asset as well as monitoring as an IT service
    • "Monitors the infrastructure asset and also monitors as an IT service."
    • "Currently lacks a mobile application which would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for monitoring our infrastructure environment; servers, storage, database, and applications. This is an infrastructure monitoring tool. I'm a solutions consultant and we are customers of DX.

What is most valuable?

The value of UIM is that we are not only monitoring the infrastructure asset but also monitoring it as an IT service.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have the option to monitor via mobile phone so it would be helpful if DX would develop a mobile application. I'd like to see a single dashboard and automation implemented as part of the solution.

I've been using this solution for seven years.

The environment around UIM is sometimes complex and can cause some instability. We have good support to resolve issues when this happens.

In terms of the knowledge base of the technical staff, they are average.

Positive

SolarWinds and ManageEngine are both good tools with good technology in this sphere but for our purposes they are unlikely to be able to scale and provide the information we need in our environment. It might work for other companies that have a different environment from ours. It's difficult to compare these solutions head to head because it all depends on an environment's requirements.

The initial setup is easy. Deployment time depends on the number of devices to be monitored and the metrics that are going to be collected. We have 15 users and the solution is used on a daily basis.

Licensing costs are reasonable and affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Solution Architect at SA Consulting
    Reseller
    A stable, but complicated solution that allows for strong infrastructure monitoring activities
    • "This solution allows us to have an overview of the infrastructure and identify areas where the performance isn't optimal, or where upgrades could be carried out."
    • "We would like the navigation of this solution to be more user friendly for our system administrators."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use the solution for infrastructure monitoring on our customers' in-house systems.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We would like the navigation of this solution to be more user-friendly for our system administrators.

Also, the solution is quite complicated, so we would like there to be better documentation on the processes, in order to ensure we know exactly how it works.

We have been working with this solution for around 10 years.

We have found this to be a stable solution.

It is an easily scalable product.

The technical support for this solution could be improved.

Neutral

The initial setup of the solution was straightforward.

We have found that the ROI with this solution, is that the features available allow for us to spot potential issues, before they occur and cause problems for our customers.

What other advice do I have?

We would advise any organization implementing this product, to ensure that there are good training materials available for their users, as it is a complicated solution and requires some specific knowledge prior to use.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free DX Unified Infrastructure Management Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: December 2022