Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

DX Unified Infrastructure Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

DX Unified Infrastructure Management is #14 ranked solution in top Server Monitoring tools, #19 ranked solution in top Cloud Monitoring Software, #28 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools, and #30 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give DX Unified Infrastructure Management an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. DX Unified Infrastructure Management is most commonly compared to Zabbix: DX Unified Infrastructure Management vs Zabbix. DX Unified Infrastructure Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is DX Unified Infrastructure Management?

DX Unified Infrastructure Management is the only solution that provides an open architecture, full-stack observability and zero-touch configuration for monitoring traditional data center, public cloud, and hybrid infrastructure environments.

Designed to ensure an optimal end-user experience, this solution provides a modern HTML5 operations console that makes it easy and fast for today’s IT teams to implement, use, and scale – leading to faster time to value.

DX Unified Infrastructure Management was previously known as DX Infrastructure Manager, DX Infrastructure Manager for Z Systems and CA UIM for zSystems, CA UIM (DX Infrastructure Manager), CA Nimsoft Monitor, CA UIM, DX Infrastructure Manager.

DX Unified Infrastructure Management Customers

CBNCloud, IIJ Global Singapore, AT&S, AXSOS, Aozora Bank, HCL Technologies, IntelliNet, Securex

DX Unified Infrastructure Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about DX Unified Infrastructure Management pricing:
  • "Pricing for DX Unified Infrastructure Management isn't cheap at all. It's a complex tool, so you have to pay more. No one is happy with a large bill to pay, but if it's a complex product and you designed a complex solution to be monitored, it'll be your fault that you need to buy an expensive product, and that would be implicit in the design of DX Unified Infrastructure Management. Monitoring is just a small part of it. Sometimes you have to pay a significant amount of money for a complex yet very good solution."
  • "Customers pay for the license and the support."
  • DX Unified Infrastructure Management Reviews

IT Architect at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Scalable, has an automatic deployment feature for objects you want to focus on, so you won't miss any data on any server, and has other advanced features
    • "What I like about DX Unified Infrastructure Management is that it's a very good product. The feature I found most valuable in the solution is the MCS feature, which is the automatic deployment of the objects you want to monitor. You can set up a system, for example, if it's a Windows machine and I want to test specific devices on it, I could do that through DX Unified Infrastructure Management. That type of deployment is very good because it means you won't miss any monitoring aspect on any server."
    • "I'm very happy with DX Unified Infrastructure Management, but what could be improved is its user interface because currently, it has many wide spaces. All the information you need is in DX Unified Infrastructure Management, and it's a reliable tool, and though that's more important than the gaps in the user interface being smaller or wider, those gaps still need some improvement. I know the team is working on it. My company had some backend problems with DX Unified Infrastructure Management in the past that have now been solved. The setup for the tool also needs improvement because it's complex. Another room for improvement in DX Unified Infrastructure Management is its technical support because it's sometimes not as knowledgeable or responsive. What I'm suggesting to be added to the tool is an open-standard ELK Elastic-based database where you can put in all data, so that you can use the data in other systems as well."

What is most valuable?

What I like about DX Unified Infrastructure Management is that it's a very good product. The feature I found most valuable in the solution is the MCS feature, which is the automatic deployment of the objects you want to monitor. You can set up a system, for example, if it's a Windows machine and I want to test specific devices on it, I could do that through DX Unified Infrastructure Management. That type of deployment is very good because it means you won't miss any monitoring aspect on any server.

What needs improvement?

I'm very happy with DX Unified Infrastructure Management, but what could be improved is its user interface because currently, it has many wide spaces. All the information you need is in DX Unified Infrastructure Management, and it's a reliable tool, and though that's more important than the gaps in the user interface being smaller or wider, those gaps still need some improvement. I know the team is working on it. My company had some backend problems with DX Unified Infrastructure Management in the past that have now been solved.

The setup for the tool also needs improvement because it's complex.

Another room for improvement in DX Unified Infrastructure Management is its technical support because it's sometimes not as knowledgeable or responsive.

What I'm suggesting to be added to the tool is an open-standard ELK Elastic-based database where you can put in all data, so that you can use the data in other systems as well.

I've been working with DX Unified Infrastructure Management for a total of six or seven years now.

DX Unified Infrastructure Management is a very stable tool.

IT Infrastructure Monitoring
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Nagios, SolarWinds and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: September 2022.
    634,775 professionals have used our research since 2012.

My team finds DX Unified Infrastructure Management scalable. It's good enough in terms of scalability.

The technical support for DX Unified Infrastructure Management could be better because the quality of support fluctuates.

On a scale of one to five, I'm rating support a three.

Sometimes, half of the year, support is perfect, and then for some reason, in the other half of the year, support becomes less responsive and less knowledgeable.

My company asked for improvement from the support team and mentioned the areas my team is unhappy with, and now I see support for DX Unified Infrastructure Management improving again.

I found the initial setup for DX Unified Infrastructure Management complex, but the environment in my company is rather complex. It's a complex setup for every tool, and I doubt other tools would be able to match the requirements of my company.

Pricing for DX Unified Infrastructure Management isn't cheap at all. It's a complex tool, so you have to pay more. No one is happy with a large bill to pay, but if it's a complex product and you designed a complex solution to be monitored, it'll be your fault that you need to buy an expensive product, and that would be implicit in the design of DX Unified Infrastructure Management. Monitoring is just a small part of it. Sometimes you have to pay a significant amount of money for a complex yet very good solution.

We'll be comparing DX Unified Infrastructure Management against another product, so we still don't know the outcome. Scalability and advanced features are the main reasons people choose DX Unified Infrastructure Management over other tools.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest version of DX Unified Infrastructure Management.

Within the company of nine thousand people, about four hundred people use DX Unified Infrastructure Management, and department-wise, there's a total of sixty user accounts.

My rating for DX Unified Infrastructure Management, in general, is eight out of ten. If the price could be lower and functionality could be higher, I'd give it a ten.

Techincal Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Good topology, good stability and scalability, and useful for knowing about network performance and planning the network capacity
    • "One of the things that I like about DX Infrastructure is that the topology is good enough to see what is happening in the infrastructure. You also get alerts if something is happening in the network. There are many features and benefits. It is serving our customers in knowing exactly how their network is performing in terms of reliability. It also helps them in planning the capacity. They know how much bandwidth the branches are consuming."
    • "The only challenge that I have with this solution is the reporting part. The users are not really comfortable with the kind of reports they are getting. Sometimes, they want to see reports in their own format. Customizing those reports with Jasper is not very easy. It could be because of the knowledge gap. If you have the knowledge of how Jasper can be configured to suit customer requirements in terms of reporting, it is good. There was a time a customer complained about one issue related to Netflow analysis. Broadcom has a separate model for that, but the customer wanted everything bundled together. It could also have IP management so that I am able to see or analyze IPs so that the IPs that are already in use don't get assigned."

What is our primary use case?

We offer products from Broadcom to our customers. We are only offering DX Spectrum, DX Infrastructure Manager, APM, and CA Assets and Liabilities Management in our country.

It is used for network management. Our clients have a large and complex network, and they needed a solution that gives them the ability to look into and manage the network. They are able to detect the events that happened and fix them on-prem. We have around four customers of this solution. One of the top banks here in Nigeria is using DX Infrastructure Manager. A government agency is also using this solution.

What is most valuable?

One of the things that I like about DX Infrastructure is that the topology is good enough to see what is happening in the infrastructure. You also get alerts if something is happening in the network.

There are many features and benefits. It is serving our customers in knowing exactly how their network is performing in terms of reliability. It also helps them in planning the capacity. They know how much bandwidth the branches are consuming.

What needs improvement?

The only challenge that I have with this solution is the reporting part. The users are not really comfortable with the kind of reports they are getting. Sometimes, they want to see reports in their own format. Customizing those reports with Jasper is not very easy. It could be because of the knowledge gap. If you have the knowledge of how Jasper can be configured to suit customer requirements in terms of reporting, it is good.

There was a time a customer complained about one issue related to Netflow analysis. Broadcom has a separate model for that, but the customer wanted everything bundled together. It could also have IP management so that I am able to see or analyze IPs so that the IPs that are already in use don't get assigned.

I have been using this solution for seven years.

It is a stable product.

It is scalable.

Broadcom acquired CA. When they were CA, their technical support was okay, but since the acquisition, they are kind of slow in terms of support. Being one of their partners, we need their support in terms of selling this product to other customers. There is a knowledge gap between me as a partner and OEM. OEM needs to come and position themselves very well in the market and help us with some of the opportunities that we are trying to drive for these solutions.

It is a very straightforward solution. Its deployment doesn't take more than 30 minutes in terms of the server and the network, but it also depends on the architecture of the deployment. Some people have a large or complex network.

Customers pay for the license and the support.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. We currently have engagement with two banks for this solution. We are trying to pitch this solution to them.

I would rate DX Infrastructure Manager a nine out of ten. I have not really compared it with other solutions to see what are the differences. Based on my usage, it is serving, and it is okay. Customers are not complaining.

IT Infrastructure Monitoring
    September 2022
    634,775 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Solution Architect at SA Consulting
    Reseller
    A stable, but complicated solution that allows for strong infrastructure monitoring activities
    • "This solution allows us to have an overview of the infrastructure and identify areas where the performance isn't optimal, or where upgrades could be carried out."
    • "We would like the navigation of this solution to be more user friendly for our system administrators."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use the solution for infrastructure monitoring on our customers' in-house systems.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We would like the navigation of this solution to be more user-friendly for our system administrators.

Also, the solution is quite complicated, so we would like there to be better documentation on the processes, in order to ensure we know exactly how it works.

We have been working with this solution for around 10 years.

We have found this to be a stable solution.

It is an easily scalable product.

The technical support for this solution could be improved.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup of the solution was straightforward.

We have found that the ROI with this solution, is that the features available allow for us to spot potential issues, before they occur and cause problems for our customers.

What other advice do I have?

We would advise any organization implementing this product, to ensure that there are good training materials available for their users, as it is a complicated solution and requires some specific knowledge prior to use.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Nagios, SolarWinds, and more!
    Updated: September 2022