ThousandEyes OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ThousandEyes is the #27 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give ThousandEyes an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. ThousandEyes is most commonly compared to Cisco Secure Network Analytics: ThousandEyes vs Cisco Secure Network Analytics. ThousandEyes is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is ThousandEyes?

ThousandEyes is a Network Intelligence platform that delivers visibility into every network an organization relies on, whether public or private. ThousandEyes enables users to optimize application delivery, end-user experience and ongoing infrastructure investments.

With cloud, enterprises can innovate much faster, but the growing number of cloud and SaaS applications means that more apps are being delivered over the Internet. This increases dependence on the Internet, a public “best effort” network, and other third-party infrastructures, substantially reducing the ability of IT teams to predict, visualize and control operational behavior. This results in a chaotic and unmanageable IT environment, making issue resolution a time-consuming ordeal, potentially impacting reputation and revenue. ThousandEyes has innovated an approach based on an unmatched distribution of smart agents across the Internet and enterprise, providing visibility all the way to the end user. ThousandEyes gathers and analyzes massive volumes of Network Intelligence data from all of these vantage points, enabling organizations to solve even their most obscure performance problems in minutes. By using ThousandEyes in the planning and testing phases of cloud adoption, customers can also strategically identify and fix underlying problems before production deployment of business-critical applications.

The ThousandEyes solution is ubiquitous across industry sectors, and since launching in mid-2013, customers have come from a diverse set of industry sectors, which include Silicon Valley technology companies, financial services, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, retail, manufacturing and education.

ThousandEyes Customers

Wayfair, GitHub, Craigslist, Comcast, SurveyMonkey, Lyft, Box, HP, Zendesk, IO Data Centers, Good Technology, NNTCommunications, Proofpoint, Schneider, Crowdstrike, Avera, Pitney Bowes, InstartLogic, Shutterfly, Shutterstock, Condé Nast, Roche, Jive, Actelion, Brocade, Infor, Okta, JLL, DigitalOcean, Zuora, NetSuite, CloudFlare, One, DemonWare, Quantcast, Carbonite, CareerBuilder, Prosper, Oscar, Slack

ThousandEyes Video

ThousandEyes Reviews

Senior Service Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Reliable. simple to set up, and offers fast monitoring capabilities
  • "It's fairly easy to set up."
  • "Once I fully use the tool 100%, I'm sure I would have something to critique, however, for now, I'm happy with it."

What is our primary use case?

We usually monitor for our public prefixes and propagations and if they are getting dropped or there is a route application. It is mainly on the public-facing side or the internet-facing use case. There are other use cases, however, for me, for the work that I do, that's what I'm using a ThousandEyes for.

How has it helped my organization?

With ThousandEyes, it's one click or one place where I can see all of my public prefixes, how long it takes, when the last update was, where a route was missing from the internet, or is it actually causing a black hole. That's where I've been using it, and so far so good. It has made my life easier for sure.

What is most valuable?

The solution makes monitoring faster.

It's fairly easy to set up.

It has been stable.

What needs improvement?

The solution is quite good. For my use case, the information or the page with the info that I need is there. I'm happy with it. Now I'm sure there are other functionalities that I have not actually looked into. Once I fully use the tool 100%, I'm sure I would have something to critique, however, for now, I'm happy with it.

January 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Kentik and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
672,785 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for six months.

The solution has been stable so far. We find it reliable. There are no bugs or glitches, and it doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution was deployed by a different team. I'm an end user of this tool. In terms of the scalability or how it's done, we have a totally different tooling team who looks after all these tools. I won't be able to offer any insights into scaling.

We have maybe 100 plus users. They're all infrastructure engineers or your level three guys or the help desk, even security guys.

I'm not sure what the extent of the solution's use is throughout the organization.

I haven't been in contact with technical support for this deployment.

We are also using Accedian Skylight. We have both solutions in the organization.

We also have SolarWinds and Splunk.

Although I wasn't a part of the initial process, the initial setup was straightforward. Once we knew all the things that needed to happen, the solution was deployed without much of an issue.

The solution being in a cloud helped with that. We have a hybrid environment, so we have a presence there and on-premise as well. With regards to the cloud, it was easy. Anything that's going cloud, as long as you know what you're doing, is easy.

I'm not sure how long the deployment itself took.

We have a contract and a working relationship with Cisco. They were helping us in deploying the solution.

I have no visibility on the pricing. It's not an aspect of the solution I deal with.

The company might have done evaluations as part of the business case compilations. I don't know on what basis ThousandEyes was selected, however, now that we have ThousandEyes, I don't think we'll be going for something else.

What other advice do I have?

I am a user, not an integrator.

I'm not sure which version of the product we're using.

I'd advise potential new users that, if it solves your use case, then they should go for it. It's really easy to use, there is nothing complicated. We've had no issues whatsoever.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: partners
APM & Observability Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Provides deep visibility on the network with great internet and WAN abilities
  • "ThousandEyes gives companies better visibility."
  • "They only offer synthetic requests."

What is our primary use case?

ThousandEyes gives companies better visibility. So it shows you the effective notes on the network layer and the application's performance for anyone inside or outside the data center. It provides deep visibility on the network, legal support, and user requests.

In addition, it shows you averages around the world, so if there's a breach or problem on the public cloud around the world, ThousandEyes notifies you of this problem and if you're affected.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is the Internet and the WAN because ThousandEyes lets you see the network layers and every hop on the network. So, it's not only a browser or sensitive request that shows you the problem. It allows a deep dive into the problem.

What needs improvement?

They only offer synthetic requests, so they should create an agent for users that can track your request. For example, if I'm playing a game or listening to a song on Spotify, ThousandEyes cannot follow my requests and show me the problem. If they can do this, it will make them the best product in the market.

We have been using this solution for one year. It is deployed on the public cloud, and agents deploy on the public cloud, data centers, and end-users computers.

It is a stable product and provides all the features they promise. I haven't seen any mark that affects user-to-user.

It is a scalable solution. Each team member can get a user to connect UI and browse the data.

I rate the support a ten out of ten. We've contacted the technical support team for integration purposes, and they answered on time and resolved our problems.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We chose ThousandEyes because of the internet and WAN ability. The Cisco FSO, Full-Stack Observability, is also good. ThousandEyes covers the end-user monitoring site, AppDynamics covers the APM side, and Intersight covers the whole infrastructure and the cloud.

The initial setup was very easy, and the deployment was fast and took about ten minutes.

There is a return on investment.

The costs depend on the agency deployed and how many requests are made over the agents. The price is in the middle. It is not cheap and not expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten because of its ability to show the network list, and each top is the best that I've seen. Regarding advice, you should set up your agents carefully to cover all of your infrastructure and enterprise. The agent's installation and data centers being monitored are important. In addition, do not activate all of your agents at the same time. The price depends on the usage, and if you consume a license, you enable them simultaneously. Try to learn and get the data and analyze it.

In a future release, monitoring and user behaviour should be included. It would be great if ThousandEyes could monitor real user data and provide different packages for large, midsize, and small companies.

January 2023
672,785 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Solution Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
Comprehensive with good scalability capabilities and helpful technical support
  • "The installation process is not hard at all."
  • "I would like the product to offer more agility."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution on a daily basis.

What is most valuable?

The support on offer is very good.

It's pretty comprehensive for what I need.

The solution is very scalable.

The installation process is not hard at all.

What needs improvement?

I don't really have any recommendations for improvements at the moment.

I would like the product to offer more agility.

I've likely used the solution for about six months at this point. It's been less than a year. It hasn't been that long yet.

In the time I have used the product, I have noticed that it's quite scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it shouldn't be an issue.

We have eight people in our organization that work directly with the product.

We've only had good experiences with support. They are helpful and responsive. We're quite happy with the level of attention we get when we have issues.

We found the installation process to be very simple and straightforward. It's not complex. It's not difficult. A company shouldn't have any issues deploying the product.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Cisco partner and reseller.

We are using the latest version of the solution, however, I can't speak to the version number we are on.

In general, I would d recommend the solution to other users and organizations. I've had a positive experience so far.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall.

Reinaldo Romano - PeerSpot reviewer
Commercial Director at 5Wi
Reseller
User friendly, high level support, and reliable
  • "The most valuable feature of ThousandEyes is user-friendliness. It has been essential for us to have a solution that is easy to use."
  • "ThousandEyes could improve the dashboards by adding more features."

What is our primary use case?

We use ThousandEyes to have visibility of our entire business core with approximately 70 clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of ThousandEyes is user-friendliness. It has been essential for us to have a solution that is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

ThousandEyes could improve the dashboards by adding more features.

I have been using ThousandEyes for approximately six months.

ThousandEyes is highly stable.

The scalability of ThousandEyes is very good. When you purchase more units it scales well. If you want more environments, units, or locations, you will only need to purchase them.

We have approximately 11 system engineers using the solution. They are CCAAs, Cisco, and CCMP engineers.

The support from ThousandEyes has been the best I have had. They give good support.

The initial setup of ThousandEyes is straightforward. This was beneficial in a complex environment.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate ThousandEyes an eight out of ten.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Kentik, and more!
Updated: January 2023