Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

BigPanda OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BigPanda is #4 ranked solution in top IT Alerting and Incident Management tools and #34 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give BigPanda an average rating of 6.6 out of 10. BigPanda is most commonly compared to Moogsoft: BigPanda vs Moogsoft. BigPanda is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 76% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the IT Infrastructure Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is BigPanda?

BigPanda Autonomous Operations platform is a cutting-edge solution that helps IT Ops, NOC and DevOps teams detect, investigate, and resolve IT incidents faster and more easily than ever before. Powered by Open Box Machine Learning, BigPanda correlates IT noise into insights, automates incident management, and unifies fragmented IT operations.

BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations platform increases the ease with which IT administrators are able to both manage their systems and respond to issues that arise. It combines machine learning and automation, which not only provide administrators with reliable suggestions concerning future issues that may arise, but also allows for certain tasks to be assigned to the system itself. These allow organizations to save both time and resources that can be dedicated to more critical tasks.

BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations platform possesses a simplified and unified user interface, enabling users to manage the solution from one place. The UI allows users to view and manage all of the information and controls that IT teams need to be able to easily access, providing a level of visibility that ensures users will be able to view all of their system’s most up-to-date and critical information at any time that they wish.

Benefits of BigPanda Autonomous Operations Platform

Some the benefits of using BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations platform include:

• The ability to autonomously detect and respond to IT issues. BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations software autonomously searches for and detects issues. When found, its level-zero feature can then handle elementary tasks such as threat prioritization, which would otherwise require a dedicated team to handle. The solution can be adapted to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
  • The ability to receive new threat suggestions based on historical data. Armed with this knowledge, BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations’s machine learning algorithm makes reliable predictions of issues that might come up in the future.
  • The ability to manage BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations platform and view both real-time and historical data from a single interface. BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations platform UI is a centralized location where all levels of your organization’s IT teams can view system data and manage situations that may arise. The data displayed on this interface is always up-to-date. IT teams have the latest relevant information available to them at all times without having to conduct a search.

Reviews from Real Users

BigPanda’s Autonomous Operations platform stands out among its competitors for a number of reasons. Two major ones are its centralized user interface and its ability to easily integrate with other security solutions. The centralized UI gives users the ability to clearly see all their alert data in a single location without having to search for it. Its easy integration allows administrators to augment their IT security capabilities when they find it necessary to do so.

PeerSpot user Larry C., the principal engineer in charge of site operations for a tech vendor, notes this benefit when he writes, "Alert aggregation was the primary requirement. BigPanda pulls all this together into a single UI for us, allowing us to see related alerts grouped together into an incident, and enables us to easily create a JIRA ticket and Slack channel to manage an issue."

Another PeerSpot user, who is an independent entrepreneur in the IT environment at a tech services company, notes the flexibility of this platform when they write “BigPanda integrates well with other solutions, such as WatchGuard.”

BigPanda Customers

Nagios, ServiceNow, ITSM, NOC, CMDB Evolved, RemedyIncident Management Process

BigPanda Video

BigPanda Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BigPanda pricing:
"The price of BigPanda is in the middle compared to other solutions."

BigPanda Reviews

Automation Solution Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Enables faster on-boarding, beneficial API integration, but correlations could improve
  • "The most valuable features of BigPanda are the API integration was good. It enables us to do faster onboarding."
  • "BigPanda can improve the correlations. We didn't see any big value. It is still good at the same event deduplication, event processing, and ticket creation, but I was more looking at event analysis and event correlation. In that area, it is still no big difference between the other solutions on the market. All of them, are in the same immature stage."

What is our primary use case?

BigPanda is used for event correlations, deduplication, suppression, and auto incident creation. Those are the basic functionalities that we were looking for.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of BigPanda are the API integration was good. It enables us to do faster onboarding.

What needs improvement?

BigPanda can improve the correlations. We didn't see any big value. It is still good at the same event deduplication, event processing, and ticket creation, but I was more looking at event analysis and event correlation. In that area, it is still no big difference between the other solutions on the market. All of them, are in the same immature stage.

I have been using BigPanda for approximately six years.

IT Infrastructure Monitoring
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about BigPanda, Moogsoft, Zabbix and others in IT Infrastructure Monitoring. Updated: September 2022.
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have not used the technical support from BigPanda.

The initial setup of BigPanda's difficulty level depends on the environment. For example, it depends on the level of security we go through, and how many design approvals need to do. However, it is technically straightforward, but the process to navigate receiving the architecture approval, and security clearance, varies from customer to customer.

The deployment time depends on the complexity, but typically it is at least two months to complete.

We bring our resources and we help customers deploy BigPanda. We have two people that do the deployment. We use one for management and the other for the availability of the backup.

If you are dealing with more than 10,000 events per week, then there is a return on investment using BigPanda.

The price of BigPanda is in the middle compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is if you use this solution or not it depends on the requirement. For example, if a customer has only a couple of monitoring tools, purchasing BigPanda is useless. If the customer has more than 10 monitoring tools in place and generates a large number of alerts and tickets, such as events generated, then it's worth considering BigPanda as a solution. However, at the same time, if the customer already is invested in a solution, such as ServiceNow then going to the BigPanda is another overhead.

I would recommend they put it in ITAM itself so that everything goes into one platform. It's easy to control, and manage. You are reducing many hops because that makes the job easier than sending dollars to BigPanda, then BigPanda converting them into tickets into the ServiceNow. It's an unnecessary overhead. It doesn't mean I'm a fan of ServiceNow, but I'm looking from an architectural point of view.

I rate BigPanda a six out of ten.

President at a media company with 1-10 employees
User
Bad AI with primitive visualization and not configurable
  • "The best of a bad lot was the error message deduping."
  • "BigPanda attempts a little of everything and fails at most."

What is our primary use case?

We wanted a 'one-stop-shop' for event monitoring, visualization, and infrastructure development with AI. Unfortunately, BigPanda attempts a little bit of everything and fails at most.

The AI, in particular, was worthless. The visualization is primitive and not configurable. The only thing they seemed to be able to do is to collect a bunch of identical error messages into one - which is great and all, however, hardly the 'advanced AIOPS solution' they tout.

The best of a bad lot was the error message deduping. We wanted a 'one-stop-shop' for event monitoring, visualization, and infrastructure DevOps with AI.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has a hard install, poor customer support, primitive and non-configurable visualizations.

The best of a bad lot was the error message deduping. We wanted a 'one-stop-shop' for event monitoring, visualization, and infrastructure DevOps with AI.

What is most valuable?

The best of a bad lot was the error message deduping.

What needs improvement?

Honestly, all areas can use major improvement. We wanted a 'one-stop-shop' for event monitoring, visualization, and infrastructure DevOps with AI.

BigPanda attempts a little of everything and fails at most.

The AI, in particular, was worthless, the visualization primitive and not configurable.

I've used the solution for 1.5 years.

The product is highly unstable.

The solution is not scalable.

Technical support is non-existent. There is no phone and they don't answer emails for days. Buyer beware.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Negative

We did not use a different solution.

The setup is incredibly complex in hindsight. They had two engineers working around the clock for a simple setup. It was ridiculous. Moog was way smoother.

We did the implementation via a vendor.

We got no return on our investment, unfortunately.

I'd advise people to stay away from BP.

We did evaluate Splunk.

IT Infrastructure Monitoring
September 2022
635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Anand-Kulkarni - PeerSpot reviewer
Electrical Engineer at Tata Consultancy
Scalable and stable solution used for incident root cause analysis and event management
  • "The event correlation is really good and it is able to reduce the noise. It is a good tool for anomaly detection."
  • "The observability can be enriched with regards to infrastructure and the application-integrated environment. The dashboard and reports could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

If the solution is already deployed in the customer environment, we leverage what the customer has invested in and add on to the existing environment. We use this solution for event management and correlation. We also use it for root cause analysis and SOP-based Runbook Automation. We monitor incident dragging and incident root cause analysis.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The observability can be enriched with regards to infrastructure and the application-integrated environment. The dashboard and reports could be improved. A more integrated multi-cloud environment with regards to Azure, Amazon, Google, and the on-prem solution would be a big advantage.

I have been working with BigPanda for three years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution. Once the use cases are deployed, it is easily expandable. The only step that needs to be taken is for the license component for the add-ons to be procured.

The initial setup is straightforward and it takes four to six weeks.

If the customer has invested in and paid for a solution, then we leverage this to write the solution. Alternatively, if the customer wants to use BigPanda but has not implemented it yet, they purchase it and we do the implementation and support. The third scenario is that we purchase BigPanda and it goes to our books and the customer gets the advantage of the discount.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Senior System Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
MSP
Scalable and stable incident management solution used to track the health of infrastructure and services

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for alerting purposes to track the health of our infrastructure and services.

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature has been the AI/ML. The way BigPanda uses the AI/ML is good compared to other SRE tools.

What needs improvement?

The UI for this solution could be improved. It is very hard to find what you are looking for.

We have been using this solution for one year.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

I have only needed assistance on one occasion. Once I connected to the support team, they were able to solve my problem.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is simple and straightforward. It will take half an hour to connect to one thing into BigPanda.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to ensure they have internal resources that are good with BigPanda because the UI is not easy to adapt to.

Independent entrepreneur in the IT environment at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Simple installation, good technical support, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

BigPanda is an endpoint protection solution against ransomware.

What is most valuable?

BigPanda integrates well with other solutions, such as WatchGuard,

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having better integration.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

I have found BigPanda to be scalable.

We have approximately 100 users using this solution in my organization.

The technical support is very good.

The installation is very easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate BigPanda a nine out of ten.

Download our free IT Infrastructure Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about BigPanda, Moogsoft, Zabbix, and more!
Updated: September 2022