Datto Remote Monitoring and Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Datto Remote Monitoring and Management is the #6 ranked solution in top Remote Monitoring and Management Software. PeerSpot users give Datto Remote Monitoring and Management an average rating of 7.2 out of 10. Datto Remote Monitoring and Management is most commonly compared to Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager: Datto Remote Monitoring and Management vs Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. Datto Remote Monitoring and Management is popular among the small business segment, accounting for 44% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
Datto Remote Monitoring and Management Buyer's Guide

Download the Datto Remote Monitoring and Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Datto Remote Monitoring and Management?

Autotask Endpoint Management is everything you need from an RMM solution, and it is all managed On Autotask’s customizable dashboards.

Datto Remote Monitoring and Management was previously known as Autotask EM, Autotask Endpoint Management, Datto RMM.

Datto Remote Monitoring and Management Customers

Wessex Networks, Base2, Valiant Technology, Technology Services Group, TechGuru

Datto Remote Monitoring and Management Video

Datto Remote Monitoring and Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Datto Remote Monitoring and Management pricing:
  • "It fluctuates on the number of computers you have. Depending on the number of computers you have, it can fluctuate anywhere between $5 to $10 per computer per month, which is not too bad. I am not aware of any additional costs beyond the standard licensing fee. It was one flat rate per device."
  • "The license typically depends on the number of endpoints. On the RMM side, I think we're paying around $2,250 per endpoint. Then there is also a license per user and tech, so that comes out to about a hundred bucks per tech, give or take."
  • "It goes by how many endpoints you have. It is about $3,000 a month for us. If we can't figure it out ourselves and need additional help to set it up, we would have to pay for that."
  • Datto Remote Monitoring and Management Reviews

Chief Innovation Officer at TSA
    Works well for standard patches and updates, but I would like the ability to remotely manage configuration and settings on individual units
    • "Automation, in terms of the standard patches and standard updates, and remote support are valuable. When it does the standard Windows and patches, it works really well. This is something they focus on. Remote support is also something they focus on quite a bit, and it works really well. Being able to get to an agent or a client computer right away is very helpful."
    • "I would like the ability to remotely manage configuration and settings on individual units. Some organizations have a certain device configuration that needs to be consistent across all computers. For example, if we have computers that cannot go to sleep or hibernate because they're being accessed remotely, we need to be able to quickly configure those computers to not hibernate. With Datto, there is no easy and/or direct way to accomplish this. I can't create a group called No Hibernate and drag all those computers to that group so that they do not go into hibernation. There is no easy way to put in a policy or a procedure like that. It's still back to going to each computer and doing it by hand, which is what I'm trying to get away from. I want to automate and simplify as much as possible. I write code and scripts to do most of my work anyways. The intention is to get away from me having to be so hands-on."

What is our primary use case?

My use case is deployment and management of updates and patches, as well as remote support. Currently, it is still in the test phase. I haven't put it into production, but I've been working with it closely as far as production is concerned. I do have seven different machines and/or servers integrated into the product for test purposes with different known configurations. To test the thoroughness of the product, I'm emulating different geographic locations and sites that have specific needs. So, I have it on a sample base. If it works out for me, I will deploy it across all clients. I'm still waiting to see if it's going to solve my needs.

I am using its latest version. The software is cloud-based, and it's deployed through agents that connect to their cloud-based service.

How has it helped my organization?

We can get more done in less time. It increases productivity, which ultimately increases our revenue.

What is most valuable?

Automation, in terms of the standard patches and standard updates, and remote support are valuable. When it does the standard Windows and patches, it works really well. This is something they focus on. Remote support is also something they focus on quite a bit, and it works really well. Being able to get to an agent or a client computer right away is very helpful.

What needs improvement?

Automation for updates is a feature that I'm really clamoring over, or it's an important feature to me. Remote support is also really important to me. I would like the ability to remotely manage configuration and settings on individual units. Some organizations have a certain device configuration that needs to be consistent across all computers. For example, if we have computers that cannot go to sleep or hibernate because they're being accessed remotely, we need to be able to quickly configure those computers to not hibernate. With Datto, there is no easy and/or direct way to accomplish this. I can't create a group called No Hibernate and drag all those computers to that group so that they do not go into hibernation. There is no easy way to put in a policy or a procedure like that. It's still back to going to each computer and doing it by hand, which is what I'm trying to get away from. I want to automate and simplify as much as possible. I write code and scripts to do most of my work anyways. The intention is to get away from me having to be so hands-on. This is a major feature that I need, but I'm surprised that it has been overlooked by Datto. There is no easy way to do that. There are indirect means that they've given me, but if I move it out of that group, there's no way to undo it. I still need the means to undo the policy change. It's just very frustrating.

It should also support end-device configuration and management, not just updates.

Datto Remote Monitoring and Management
    December 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Datto Remote Monitoring and Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2022.
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for the last month and a half.

I don't have long-term exposure to it. It is still in the test phase. So, at this time, I can't tell what it would be like in any production environment without actually having it in a production environment.

Scalability is there. It can easily scale to thousands of units or thousands of machines without any issues at all. I don't perceive it to be a problem at all. The main problem is its configuration and integration.

Their support is slow. I would rate them a three out of five. If it's something doable, they guide you through the process and give you the information you need in order to accomplish the goal. If it's not doable and outside the scope of their product, and they're scratching their heads trying to find a workaround, they may get back to you in two to three days or sometimes a week, which is way too long, especially in this industry.

We didn't use any other solution previously. We've grown to the point where we need to have an RMM solution.

It's majorly complex. There is definitely a steep learning curve, which is fine. With any product of this magnitude, there is going to be a learning curve. So, it's expected. I don't want to criticize the product for this. There is going to be a lot to embrace. The equivalent would be driving an automatic car versus a semi-truck trailer, which would have a lot more going on.

In terms of duration, it took us two weeks and about four to six hours a day.

It was completely implemented in-house.

Right now, with the way the product is, it's a wash because Windows has some automated tools to do updates, and it also has some reporting tools that can be implemented online or via the scheduler and the built-in log utility. You can set it up in the scheduler to send out information every time the update will occur. You can indirectly achieve a lot of what this product currently does with your own creativity. It's built into the system.

So, in terms of what it costs and what it saves you on time for just the update portion of it, it's a wash. If it allows you to push out configuration and settings on a global scale, that's where the benefit will come. That's what I haven't found yet, and that's where I'm very disappointed. If a client's office has 75 people, and I have to make changes to 75 computers, when I send a tech out there to do that, I know it'll take two days minimum. That's because he's not going to be able to get onto every computer immediately. He is going to wait for somebody. There is going to be a lot of dead time. If I send him after hours, I will have to pay time and a half because he's doing it after hours. He will be able to work a lot faster, but we're still looking at several hours' worth of work. Now, if I can do it from a console and push out these changes to all 75 computers in 20 minutes sitting in front of a console, that saves me a lot of money. I'm breaking things down to what makes more sense. Right now, it's not making monetary sense.

It fluctuates on the number of computers you have. Depending on the number of computers you have, it can fluctuate anywhere between $5 to $10 per computer per month, which is not too bad.

I am not aware of any additional costs beyond the standard licensing fee. It was one flat rate per device.

I did evaluate other options. It wasn't just out of the book. Atera and ConnectWise were the two predominant ones that I did a comparison against.

Atera was too Windows-centric, and we have a large user base or a large equipment base that is non-Windows. We have Macintoshes. We have phones, and we have Linux computers or servers, but Atera was too Windows-centric, so that was a no.

ConnectWise was a bit on the expensive side. Its price was something I was concerned about. Initial costs are small, but with ConnectWise, it's like buying a fleet vehicle where if you want seats, those are extra. If you want tires, those are extra, and the steering wheel is extra too. It becomes so piecemeal that by the time you get all the pieces you need, it gets to be quite expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are currently only a customer, but once we decide on a product that we're going to work with, I would like to move in the direction of being a business partner and/or a reseller because it'll be helpful with our growth and our company deployment. For everything we've done and everything we do, I encourage our staff to become not just knowledgeable but super proficient so that we can go out and teach this product. We're not just simply end-users. We are a master of what we do.

I would rate it a seven out of ten. It definitely has a lot of strong features, but some of the features that I need that would make the product invaluable to me aren't present.

Manager Technology Services at a comms service provider with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Automation features allow you to do a lot of extra work without increasing your staffing
    • "We support nine different nonprofits, and the billing took the manager three or four days working on spreadsheets. When I finished automating everything with Datto, we cut everything down to a couple of hours. That's a substantial cost savings on the billing side."
    • "My most significant criticism is Datto is a complex product that takes a while to understand, but that could be said of almost any solution at the same level. It depends on where you're starting from. You have to rework all your workflows, and it's some heavy lifting if you want to get it right."

What is our primary use case?

We use Datto for several things, one of which is to automate services. One of the primary uses is to automate upgrading and patching computers to roll out new software. We do all the Windows patches using Datto. It also has a monitoring component to look at the various services running on our servers. If the monitor shows a service is no longer running, you can set up a script and have it automatically restart that service. You can be proactive on a random problem to prevent outages that keep the staff from working.

How has it helped my organization?

We support nine different nonprofits, and the billing took the manager three or four days working on spreadsheets. When I finished automating everything with Datto, we cut everything down to a couple of hours. That's a substantial cost savings on the billing side. It has also helped us track tickets, so stuff doesn't get lost, and we're spending a lot less time on PC maintenance and patching.

We originally had around three techs supporting probably about 150 or so PCs. We're currently supporting 600 PCs with the same amount of techs. The bottom line is you can do a lot of extra work without increasing your staffing.

What needs improvement?

Integration between Datto and PSA solutions could be a little more seamless. They are working towards that, but they're not quite there yet. Datto integrates already well with Outlook and other products. My most significant criticism is Datto is a complex product that takes a while to understand, but that could be said of almost any solution at the same level. It depends on where you're starting from. You have to rework all your workflows, and it's some heavy lifting if you want to get it right.

Also, there are a couple of other little quirks with the interface design. For example, you would think we could find everything on the main tab bar at the top, but you need to dig through another menu system to see all the stuff. If you're just a tech who is limited in what you can see, it's probably not such an issue. However, in smaller organizations like ours, everybody can see everything. When you're searching for one of the clients where you think they should be, you will not find anything or see any of the clients, and you'll have to go to a different area. It's okay once you get used to it, but it's not intuitive or straightforward when you first start working with it.

We've been using Datto for about three years.

We had zero issues with Datto in terms of reliability or anything else. However, like all cloud solutions, it's not quite as snappy as something on-premise. And the output of the information is only one page at a time, so you can have 50 or 100 lines displaying, but there are 200 or 500 lines of information total. You need to go down and click to get the next page.

I can understand this because it's a cloud solution, so you don't want to dump everything unnecessary. But at the same time, when you're starting with the product, you're wondering where all the information you're expecting under this search. You have to go down a couple of pages. A couple of things like that are just inherent to the cloud to some degree. Every software package has its little quirks that you have to learn and understand.

Scalability isn't an issue. We have about 600 people and nine organizations on the system, and that's a tiny installation compared to some of the ones they have. We're already using Datto extensively, but there are a lot more things we would like to do with it. It's just a matter of time and effort to integrate some of those other automation type things that we'd like to do.

We've used Datto support before. In most cases, they've been excellent. In a couple of instances, it took a little longer to resolve stuff than I would've liked. They're pretty responsive, so no issues there. Everything got resolved eventually, and in some cases, the problem was on their end. There were a couple of minor bugs, and they had to put that into their system. It doesn't necessarily get resolved right away, but they're pretty good at responding to anything urgent.

Deploying Datto took us a few months, and we mostly handled it ourselves, but the package we got included training and support. You can get them to help more if you want, but we were doing it from the ground up, so there was a lot of stuff that we had to figure out in terms of workflows and how we wanted to do it. I did a sample system and figured out what we liked. The company didn't like it on the first try, so we restructured it based on what we learned. In total, it was probably two or three months before we went live with it. We don't have to do any maintenance. That's all included, so all we have to do is use the product.

A training package came with it, and we had an engineer from the vendor who was available to answer questions and help us, but we mostly did the integration ourselves.

The license typically depends on the number of endpoints. On the RMM side, I think we're paying around $2,250 per endpoint. Then there is also a license per user and tech, so that comes out to about a hundred bucks per tech, give or take. The licensing is pretty straightforward. There aren't any additional fees.

We started with about 30 different products and shortlisted seven. Then we narrowed it down further to three. At that point, we eliminated one because it didn't have a mobile component at the time. Datto offered a much better price, and we got Webroot antivirus at a discount as part of the package.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Datto RMM nine out of 10. It's a good product depending on what your resources are. You may want to get more support on the implementation. You certainly want somebody who has a good grasp of workflows and things like that. It could be someone from Datto or someone on your team. Depending on your starting point, you may want to seriously consider modeling all your flows and tickets in Visio or something before deploying because it works differently than some of the other stuff you may be used to.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Datto Remote Monitoring and Management
    December 2022
    656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    JamalleWilson - PeerSpot reviewer
    Remote Network Support Analyst Level 2 at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    MSP
    It lets you access and run scripts on any device across the whole site
    • "I also like how Datto integrates seamlessly with the Autotask ticketing system."
    • "Sometimes we have some downtime when Datto is doing updates. Maybe it's because of the cloud service they use. I'm not sure if they're going through AWS or Azure or what. That's happened, but the outages have been few and far between."

What is most valuable?

Datto Remote Monitoring is a little more robust compared to Automate. Datto has components that let you audit inventory and stuff like that. You can see which customer had which device or what devices haven't been rebooted within the last 30 days. It lets you access and run scripts on any device across the whole site.

For example, I had to do updates for a credit union on the first Sunday of every month, so I created an MSI script, added that to a component, and ran that component across all the devices. It updates every device instead of requiring me to each one manually. I can also access the Splashtop agent through Datto, go to the command line, and do it that way, which takes only an hour or two.

If you make the component, you can save it to Datto. Once you save it, you can go to that particular site, check the component list, click that one, click the site, check the site off, and send. You can set it up to send you an alert if it fails. If you don't want to build your own components, you can use the ones Datto provides you. Every month, the component store updates with different components, like removing passwords, Kaspersky removal, BitDefender removal, etc.

I also like how Datto integrates seamlessly with the Autotask ticketing system. It was simple to get it configured. They implemented something within Datto to where you could go straight to the RMM management console and pick up the ticket associated with a particular device or the history of tickets that was involved with that device. You could add a device to a ticket by clicking on the device within the ticket unless a person sent the ticket for somebody else, like if an administrator sent the ticket for one of their users there. But, a lot of the time, when the users send a ticket in, they send it from the device that has the issue. Within the ticket, we can click the actual device that was in there.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we have some downtime when Datto is doing updates. Maybe it's because of the cloud service they use. I'm not sure if they're going through AWS or Azure or what. That's happened, but the outages have been few and far between. But sometimes, we kind of needed it when it happened because it gave us a valid excuse to take a break.

I've been using Datto Remote Monitoring for the past four years.

I think Datto is a good fit for any environment. It definitely works for small businesses. At my other company, we had probably over 100 clients from different companies. Some of them were bigger than others. We had some mom-and-pop operations with a five-user office. Another one had 70 employees, but some had 200. We had clients in New York and Italy that probably had over 1,000.

I had to deal with Datto support a few times because their Concord platform was down. I've also called with questions about how to do something. The tech support was very fast, especially when you do an online chat. If you call, you might have to wait for like two minutes. When you use the chat, they'll respond right away. If there is a Datto outage or something like that, you can find out quickly. They get right back to you with a message like, "Oh yeah. We apologize for the inconvenience. We've just about finished running updates," or, "Yeah, we are aware that this went down, and we have our engineers working on getting this figured out."

We used N-able during my first year at the company, but then we switched to Datto. That was good for me because I never really got used to N-able. If it were the other way around— if I were more accustomed to ConnectWise — it would probably be the same conversation. I'd be like, "Oh yeah, ConnectWise this, ConnectWise is that." You have the automation, and then you have the Manage tool portion, which is like Autotask. It's like a ticketing system, except it's very different, and it's a little bit more robust. That makes it a little more challenging to understand. You can add this, or you can do that. I'm learning new stuff every day. They were like, "Well, Jamalle, you know you can do this." I'm like, "Oh no, I didn't know that."

But once I got it down, I'm sure I could utilize ConnectWise like I'm supposed to. But I will say Datto was a lot simpler. I think ConnectWise might have them beat in terms of automation, except their scripting system is funny. They have their own scripting engine within ConnectWise Automate. With Datto, you could decide what script you wanted to put in, like PowerShell, Command Line, Python, and Ruby. You could even use JavaScript, which we didn't use because we mainly were providing a lot of Microsoft solutions, so we tried to stick to the Microsoft platform. We have Mac customers here, but they still had to adhere to Microsoft policies when connecting to the networks, accessing Windows servers, and different things like that.

Datto made it easier to utilize different things where sometimes you didn't even have to get on the computer. It's the same with ConnectWise. You can just run a script and call the customer back to tell them everything is fine. You didn't have to get on the computer, and the whole thing took like two minutes. It probably takes you longer to fill out the ticket than it does to help the customer.

Setting up Datto was pretty straightforward. I can't remember if I had a hard time when we first installed it, but I don't think so. We were using a different ticketing system outside of Autotask at the time.  To maintain and manage the solution, we have around eight techs. Four of them are on the help desk, and we have a couple on-site. Then we have the Level Twos doing projects or dealing with escalation.

What other advice do I have?

I'd give Datto RMM a nine out of 10. It's one of the top solutions that I've seen so far. Then again, I haven't dealt with too many. If you talk to me in two years, I might have something better to say about ConnectWise.

General Manager at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Provides a single pane of glass and integrates well with other software, but has a lot of false positives and requires custom designing for everything
    • "It has a single pane of glass, and it integrates well with other software."
    • "The actual setup and the automation of their product are horrific. When you buy it, there is nothing out of the box. You have to custom design it for everything you want it to do. You pay for implementation, but they don't really do a whole lot to help you get it going. I know it does a lot more than what ours is set up to do, which is frustrating. When I've demoed other systems, their setup is so much better. When you pay for their setup, there is so much more, whereas I just feel like we didn't get a very good setup."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for remote management and remote monitoring. In terms of deployment, we put an agent on the machines, so it would probably be a cloud deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

It monitors the machine, and it tells us if the memory is full. It tells us how long it has been online and if it needs to be rebooted. If there is a problem with the machine, we're able to remote in. A person can contact us through the machine, and then we can remote in the machine by using this tool.

What is most valuable?

It has a single pane of glass, and it integrates well with other software.

What needs improvement?

There are tons of improvements, but the initial setup and false alerting are two of the biggest things.

The actual setup and the automation of their product are horrific. When you buy it, there is nothing out of the box. You have to custom design it for everything you want it to do. You pay for implementation, but they don't really do a whole lot to help you get it going. I know it does a lot more than what ours is set up to do, which is frustrating. When I've demoed other systems, their setup is so much better. When you pay for their setup, there is so much more, whereas I just feel like we didn't get a very good setup.

It has a lot of false results, which is very annoying. False alerting is just very frequent. We have to put in a lot of help desk tickets about why it has given us false outages on our machines.

Their help forum for getting help is difficult to navigate.

I have been using this solution for four years.

It is probably as reliable as any other cloud-based product out there. It goes down, and it gives false alerts. They all can have those problems.

Its scalability is fantastic. You can scale it up and down.

In terms of usage, it is the only product that we use for remote management. We are trying to develop the backend so that it can monitor more and do more automation. Ours doesn't really automate anything because it was never set up properly. We're trying to do that now.

They are usually pretty good at responding.

It is very complex. There is nothing out of the box, and you have to custom design it for everything.

It goes by how many endpoints you have. It is about $3,000 a month for us.

If we can't figure it out ourselves and need additional help to set it up, we would have to pay for that.

We tried Comodo and Kaseya. Comodo doesn't have an integrated ticketing system. Their RMM is really nice, but it just didn't integrate with the ticketing system very well.

Kaseya integrates with the ticketing system and the documentation system, but I didn't move us to it because it is cost-prohibitive. Once you have a system, you have to pay the startup fees to go to another system. If it wasn't going to cost me to move everything, I would probably have switched to Kaseya.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise making sure that the person from your team who is doing your implementation is a highly-skilled technical person and not an administrative person. The mistake we made was that we left it to somebody who was more into operations. There were so many technical aspects in there that got overlooked because the person that Datto supplies to you is also operational and not technical. So, you need to make sure that technical support is being provided on your side. They didn't give us good technical support for what we needed to set it up from a technical standpoint because we provided an operational person to set it up.

They're always updating the solution, and they send us notifications. They have a suggestion place where you can go and put information about what you are interested in. Earlier, it didn't do billing, or it didn't connect like an endpoint back to the ticketing for billing. A bunch of people suggested that, and now it does that. They do listen to the feedback. Their feedback or help forum to get help through the forum is difficult to navigate, but the information is usually there.

I would rate it a six out of 10. It is probably not the worst product, but there are better ones out there.

Jake Boyce - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Manager at Veracity Insurance Solutions, LLC
    We can push out changes to machines through scripts and remote in within 30 seconds to provide assistance
    • "The remote tool is nice. If a user needs assistance, I don't have to tell the user to do anything. I just ask the user if I can remote in, and 30 seconds later, I have remoted in. It has been really handy."
    • "They have a tab to provide information about the type of hardware the computers have. One thing they don't specify is what model of hard drive the computers have. Identification of storage models would be nice."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to remote into people's machines when we're troubleshooting. We use it to push out changes to machines, which is through scripts. We also use it for monitoring and for hardware inventory to pull statistics reports. It is our all-in-one tool.

It is on-prem. We put the software inside a master image, and when we image a new machine, it'll auto-install the software when the machine first boots up. That's how we do it.

How has it helped my organization?

At the start of the pandemic, when our office went remote, we were using an older solution to push changes or a group policy, but they had to be on the VPN for it to work. With Datto, I can write up a script, and it can change a file and install a program on any machine as long as they have an internet connection. So, there is no need to be on the VPN or in the office. It has helped us to be a more remote IT group.

What needs improvement?

There should be faster processing of jobs. I sometimes wish that when I push changes, they go out a little faster, which is more critical when we are terminating an employee, and we need to push the command to shut down and wipe the machine immediately.

Its stability should be improved. The area of stability has been going downhill, and it has been frustrating.

I have probably used it for about four and a half years.

Its performance is fine. Its stability has been getting a little worse. Lately, I've been having machines where Datto suddenly just crashes and won't ever start again. So, I have to reinstall it, which is kind of hard and annoying, because Datto is my software to deploy other software. So, if Datto is down, I can't remote into someone's machine. I have to use other methods.

Its scalability is perfectly fine. We can scale as small or big as we need to. We have got 171 devices using this software.

It is heavily used in the organization. Any increase in its usage would come naturally as new positions come on board. When there are more people, their laptops would naturally have the software installed.

I've had to call them a few times. Their tech support guys are generally good. They generally know what exactly I'm talking about, and they've usually got a quick answer to the problem. So, it has been very good.

We were using ConnectWise Automate. The decision to switch wasn't really on me. This company used to be managed by a different MSP, and that was the product that they used. When we switched to a different MSP, Datto was what they used. So, that's why we switched.

I was the one who deployed it, and it has been pretty straightforward. They had some tools that you can use for existing systems, such as Active Directory, and group policies to help you push out the software.

If the software is on one machine, you can use that machine as the master, and it will find the others on the network and push it out that way. That's how we went about it, and that was a big help.

It took a few hours of work on my part to get it started.

It was done in-house. I also take care of its maintenance. Patching is automatic, and I don't ever have to worry about it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise using the components and creating your own components heavily. It has been extremely powerful to have pre-made scripts. I am able to make scripts that I can just push out as I need. It has been such a huge time-saver for us. So, I would advise utilizing the components.

I would rate it an eight out of 10.

Sales & Marketing at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Outdated CRM functionality and has issues with bugs, but it's relatively easy to use
    • "The project management and task management features work well. It's a decent product in that regard."
    • "The CRM capabilities are not very good. It's clunky and could work a lot better than it does. There are no marketing add-ins, for example."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for project management, task management, billing, and CRM.

What is most valuable?

It is relatively simple to use.

What needs improvement?

The CRM capabilities are not very good. It's clunky and could work a lot better than it does. There are no marketing add-ins, for example. It's an older way of doing things.

Adding some workflow to the CRM then that would be better.

If they had math that worked when trying to calculate percentages and/or dollars and cents on projects, that would be a lot better. You have to put down a large box. You can't break it down into quarterly, for example. It doesn't map out well if you're trying to do a subscription model and build something up.

We began using this product when it was Autotask, which was purchased by Datto.

There are some issues with bugs. There are enough bugs to keep you honest.

We have fewer than 50 users, so we haven't tested how well it scales.

What other advice do I have?

This is not a product that I recommend. My advice for anybody who is looking into implementing it is to choose another product. Get something else.

I would rate this solution a four out of ten.

Download our free Datto Remote Monitoring and Management Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: December 2022