IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

NinjaOne OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

NinjaOne is #3 ranked solution in top MSP Backup tools, #8 ranked solution in top Remote Monitoring and Management Software, #9 ranked solution in top Patch Management tools, #13 ranked solution in top IT Service Management (ITSM) tools, and #27 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give NinjaOne an average rating of 10 out of 10. NinjaOne is most commonly compared to Atera: NinjaOne vs Atera. NinjaOne is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 40% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Remote Monitoring and Management Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

What is NinjaOne?

NinjaOne is a leading unified IT operations solution that simplifies the way IT teams work. With NinjaOne, MSPs and IT departments can automate, manage, and remediate all their endpoint management tasks within one fast, modern, intuitive platform, improving technician efficiency and user satisfaction. NinjaOne supports over 7,000 customers around the world, and is consistently ranked #1 for its world-class customer support. NinjaOne has been recognized as the best rated software in its category on G2 and Gartner Digital Markets for the past 3 years.

The NinjaOne platform gives IT teams proactive monitoring, remote management, remote control, patch management, software management, IT asset management, backup, IT documentation, and IT service desk capabilities all in one. NinjaOne supports over 7,000 customers around the world, and is consistently ranked #1 for our world-class customer support.

NinjaRMM simplifies and automates the day-to-day work of managed service providers and IT professionals so they can focus on complex, value-added services, end-user relationships, and strategic growth. NinjaRMM is a powerful, easy-to-use remote monitoring and management platform that provides a single-pane-of-glass view into all your endpoints and the tools you really need to improve delivery.

NinjaOne Customers

Status Pros, Mitchell and Company

NinjaOne Video

NinjaOne Pricing Advice

What users are saying about NinjaOne pricing:
  • "Its pricing is great."
  • "We got a pretty good deal. It was fairly affordable."
  • "NinjaRMM uses a subscription model."
  • NinjaOne Reviews

Owner at Quantiv Networks
    Works brilliantly, great pricing and support, and has a simple web interface and capable mobile app
    • "We can use it for remote monitoring, and it also works great as a troubleshooting tool. We are able to open up a command line or a PowerShell session remotely without having to disrupt the user. They have a limited network device monitoring capability, but for workstation servers, we have the event logs. We can do performance monitoring, system changes, software deployment, and patch management. We can also push scripts. It has a very simple web interface. There are no additional things to do there. Security is also pretty good. It does the same things that the other competitor's tools do. One of the advantages of Ninja is that they have a more capable mobile app, which allows you to see the alerts immediately. I get alerted to major critical issues."
    • "I wish that they integrated it with more antivirus solutions. Currently, they only push Defender, but it doesn't really have integration with SentinelOne. It also didn't integrate with Trend Micro, which we were using previously. I would also like to have more control from the mobile app. As of now, I am able to see some performance values, but I can't see, for example, disk activity or disk performance values. If they can improve their app a little bit, it would help greatly. They can also improve the tech interface. If I assign certain techs to a bunch of specific machines, they only get those alerts that they're assigned to."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for monitoring and alerting related to our client's network infrastructure. It is a SaaS solution. We have its latest version. It is mostly cloud-based in terms of the interface. The agents get updated automatically.

What is most valuable?

We can use it for remote monitoring, and it also works great as a troubleshooting tool. We are able to open up a command line or a PowerShell session remotely without having to disrupt the user. They have a limited network device monitoring capability, but for workstation servers, we have the event logs. We can do performance monitoring, system changes, software deployment, and patch management. We can also push scripts. It has a very simple web interface. There are no additional things to do there. Security is also pretty good. It does the same things that the other competitor's tools do. One of the advantages of Ninja is that they have a more capable mobile app, which allows you to see the alerts immediately. I get alerted to major critical issues.

What needs improvement?

I wish that they integrated it with more antivirus solutions. Currently, they only push Defender, but it doesn't really have integration with SentinelOne. It also didn't integrate with Trend Micro, which we were using previously. I would also like to have more control from the mobile app. As of now, I am able to see some performance values, but I can't see, for example, disk activity or disk performance values. If they can improve their app a little bit, it would help greatly.  They can also improve the tech interface. If I assign certain techs to a bunch of specific machines, they only get those alerts that they're assigned to.

I have been using this solution for maybe two or three years. We purchased it at one point, left it for another RMM, and then came back to Ninja. In this last cycle, it has probably been two years.
    Remote Monitoring and Management Software
    May 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about NinjaOne, Atera, Kaseya and others in Remote Monitoring and Management Software. Updated: May 2022.
    606,596 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have had minor issues, but they were far less than what we had in the past with other RMM tools.

Its scalability is good. We've kind of cut back a little bit, but I don't see any problems with taking on over a thousand workstations if we have to within that system. Our clients are small businesses not exceeding 25 users.

Their tech support is excellent. They were smart on the phone. I would rate them a ten out of ten. They are good.

We were using Ninja when it first came out, but at that time, the actual alerts and events were not coming in a timely matter, and as a troubleshooting tool, the events and updates weren't as fast, but now, it looks like those issues have been resolved. So, it works brilliantly. We were using Pulseway, which we recently dropped, and we are back to Ninja. We were using it to supplement Ninja, but overall Ninja is great. Ninja is all web-based as compared to Pulseway. I have also used SolarWinds and other products in addition to Pulseway, but Ninja holds tone. It has a very simple web interface.

Its pricing is great.

What other advice do I have?

Within the MSP space, there are limited PSA tools that we're able to use to integrate with it. They do have an API, and I have a developer working on something to integrate with Integromat, which is an API connection tool. We're currently trying to build something out to connect to their API, which just started moving forward. Their API version 2 recently came out, and that was a little bit of a headache, but we're moving forward with that now. So, I can't really complain about it, but it has just kind of delayed our project. I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate NinjaRMM a ten out of ten.
    Administrator at BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha
    A simple and cost-effective remote management solution that serves the purpose
    • "It just works as advertised and serves the purpose for which we got it."
    • "It can have more integrations with third-party providers, such as Deep Instinct. They do partner with certain antivirus or remote access tool partners, but they can increase their portfolio to have more choices."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for managing servers and workstations across multiple locations. We are using its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It has definitely made it much more efficient for us to function.

What is most valuable?

It just works as advertised and serves the purpose for which we got it.

What needs improvement?

It can have more integrations with third-party providers, such as Deep Instinct. They do partner with certain antivirus or remote access tool partners, but they can increase their portfolio to have more choices.

I have been using this solution for about a year.

It is stable. We didn't have any issues.

It is scalable. It is cloud-based, and you can add as many nodes as you want. There are around 15 users, and they all help in supporting our systems.

I didn't really have to use tech support.

We never had a managed service provider.

Its initial setup is simple. You just log into the cloud and download the installer wherever you want it to be linked to.

We got a pretty good deal. It was fairly affordable.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking for a simple and cost-effective remote management tool, NinjaRMM is a good choice.

I would rate NinjaRMM an eight out of ten. It meets all the requirements for which we got it, and it serves all the purposes.

Remote Monitoring and Management Software
    May 2022
    606,596 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    It specialist
    Reliable, scalable, and quick installation

What is our primary use case?

NinjaRMM is used for remote monitoring and management.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by optimizing the internet connection being used.

In a future release, there should be better mobile device management.

I have been using NinjaRMM for one and a half years.

NinjaRMM has been stable in our usage.

The solution is scalable. You can add more computers by subscribing to more.

We have approximately 800 users using this solution in my organization. We have plans to increase usage.

I have not needed to contact the support, we have not had any problems.

I have not used a solution prior to NinjaRMM.

The installation is easy, it only took two minutes.

I did the implementation myself.

NinjaRMM uses a subscription model.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate NinjaRMM a nine out of ten.

Download our free Remote Monitoring and Management Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about NinjaOne, Atera, Kaseya, and more!
    Updated: May 2022