Adobe Experience Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Adobe Experience Manager is the #2 ranked solution in top Web Content Management tools and #4 ranked solution in top Enterprise Content Management tools. PeerSpot users give Adobe Experience Manager an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Adobe Experience Manager is most commonly compared to Liferay Digital Experience Platform: Adobe Experience Manager vs Liferay Digital Experience Platform. Adobe Experience Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Content Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Adobe Experience Manager?

Adobe Communique 5 (Adobe CQ5), currently manifested as Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), is a web-based content management system which is developed to help businesses in offering high-end digital experience to their customers.

Adobe Experience Manager was previously known as Adobe Day CQ5.

Adobe Experience Manager Customers

Metra

Adobe Experience Manager Video

Adobe Experience Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Adobe Experience Manager pricing:
  • "There's a free trial for one month for Adobe Experience Manager, which you can use for learning purposes, then, after the trial period, you'll need to purchase the license. Adobe offers a few plans for Adobe Experience Manager, but I'm unaware of how much my company is paying."
  • "It's a costly solution. I would rate the price at two out of five on a scale from one to five, where one is the most expensive and five is the most competitive."
  • Adobe Experience Manager Reviews

Gaurav Mishra - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr Consultant at HCL Technologies
    Feature-rich, with a straightforward GUI, and an analytics dashboard that shows you the traffic source, number of clicks and impressions, etc.
    • "I've used several CMS tools, but Adobe Experience Manager is feature-rich, especially for web security and content management. It's more efficient to manage content on Adobe Experience Manager, and you can do a lot with it, such as updating content at any time, and on any platform, even from mobile or tablet. Adobe Experience Manager is still getting updated daily, and it's the best CMS tool in the market for me. I like that you can manage assets in Adobe Experience Manager. I also like that the solution has an analytics dashboard that shows you where the traffic comes from, how many clicks come from a specific location, the number of clicks and impressions, etc. Adobe Experience Manager can be accessed by other teams, for example, the digital media department of my company, so the solution can be used and updated per each team's requirement. Adobe Experience Manager is more than just a web developer tool, as it also allows visibility tracking and has other uses. I also like that the GUI for Adobe Experience Manager is straightforward and catchy. It has separate folders and icons, so using Adobe Experience Manager isn't tough. The solution is straightforward to use and handle."
    • "I haven't seen any areas for improvement in Adobe Experience Manager as it's a full-fledged CMS tool, and Adobe is already working on enhancements for the solution. Adobe is working to make Adobe Experience Manager more valuable and easier to use for any user, even non-technical ones, through multiple components and templates. Day by day, Adobe provides the latest update to Adobe Experience Manager, and if my team needs any particular change, it just needs to be reported to the Adobe team. As Adobe Experience Manager has a broad scope and a lot of use cases and features, it's a solution that requires some time and effort from you in terms of learning, especially if you're implementing it for different clients, which could be an area for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use Adobe Experience Manager primarily for content management.

How has it helped my organization?

The main benefit of using Adobe Experience Manager in the company is that it lets you easily manage your websites and content. You can also have a static or dynamic website and get any type of content from anywhere. Adobe Experience Manager is also built on Java, so its security is very high.

What is most valuable?

I've used several CMS tools, but Adobe Experience Manager is feature-rich, especially for web security and content management. It's more efficient to manage content on Adobe Experience Manager, and you can do a lot with it, such as updating content at any time, and on any platform, even from mobile or tablet. Adobe Experience Manager is still getting updated daily, and it's the best CMS tool in the market for me.

I like that you can manage assets in Adobe Experience Manager. I also like that the solution has an analytics dashboard that shows you where the traffic comes from, how many clicks come from a specific location, the number of clicks and impressions, etc. Adobe Experience Manager can be accessed by other teams, for example, the digital media department of my company, so the solution can be used and updated per each team's requirement.

Adobe Experience Manager is more than just a web developer tool, as it also allows visibility tracking and has other uses.

I also like that the GUI for Adobe Experience Manager is straightforward and catchy. It has separate folders and icons, so using Adobe Experience Manager isn't tough. The solution is straightforward to use and handle.

What needs improvement?

I haven't seen any areas for improvement in Adobe Experience Manager as it's a full-fledged CMS tool, and Adobe is already working on enhancements for the solution. Adobe is working to make Adobe Experience Manager more valuable and easier to use for any user, even non-technical ones, through multiple components and templates. Day by day, Adobe provides the latest update to Adobe Experience Manager, and if my team needs any particular change, it just needs to be reported to the Adobe team.

As Adobe Experience Manager has a broad scope and a lot of use cases and features, it's a solution that requires some time and effort from you in terms of learning, especially if you're implementing it for different clients, which could be an area for improvement.

Enterprise Content Management
    December 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle and others in Enterprise Content Management. Updated: December 2022.
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using Adobe Experience Manager for more than five years.

Adobe Experience Manager is a stable solution. It's high-performing and it's better than other CMS tools in the market. Adobe Experience Manager has a quick response time, so within seconds, the server is able to respond to the web browser. In terms of security, the solution is also very secure.

Adobe Experience Manager is very scalable, and it's also customizable. You can customize the template or component based on your requirements.

I'm able to resolve issues myself, so I haven't contacted the technical support team for Adobe Experience Manager.

When comparing Tietoevry and Adobe Experience Manager, I'd say that the two solutions are different because, in Tietoevry, the website is only available in English, while Adobe Experience Manager has a multilingual option.

You must create a workspace in Tietoevry before the content gets published automatically.

Adobe Experience Manager is simpler to use, which is why my company prefers using it.

The initial setup for Adobe Experience Manager was straightforward. Not more than four to five people were involved in the deployment of the solution.

How long it takes to deploy Adobe Experience Manager depends on the requirements, but it didn't take much time for my company. You also have the option to schedule the deployment.

We implemented Adobe Experience Manager ourselves, and we didn't need any help because we had keynotes on how to do any test or update any template. We were able to identify what steps to take to deploy the solution. There's also complete documentation on how to do it, and you have the option of getting help. You click, and you'll find relevant Adobe Experience Manager topics, or you can Google or search on YouTube, as content about the solution is available anywhere.

There's a free trial for one month for Adobe Experience Manager, which you can use for learning purposes, then, after the trial period, you'll need to purchase the license. Adobe offers a few plans for Adobe Experience Manager, but I'm unaware of how much my company is paying.

I've evaluated the IBM tool, apart from Adobe Experience Manager, and it's a fine tool, but Adobe Experience Manager has more features.

What other advice do I have?

Adobe Experience Manager requires maintenance, but the client side takes care of it. Even during the deployment, the client joined the call, and any needed improvements will be made from the client side, for example, migrating from one server to another. Hence, the maintenance of Adobe Experience Manager is the client's responsibility.

My company has one project on Adobe Experience Manager, with a team of forty people working on different parts.

My advice to anyone planning to implement Adobe Experience Manager is that it has a broad scope in terms of usage, so I recommend that you learn about the solution before implementing it, especially if you have a lot of clients for it.

My company has a partnership with Adobe.

I'd rate Adobe Experience Manager as ten out of ten.

Consultant at a tech consulting company with 10,001+ employees
    Can easily expose content to different clients and systems, and is easy to set up
    • "If you want to use content in a mobile application and you want the content in some other application, you can simply expose it from the CMS to different clients or different systems. It's easy. On top of that, the technology underlying AEM is open-source and is very powerful like Apache Sling and JCR."
    • "In comparison to other CMS products, Adobe Experience Manager is missing some capabilities such as proper versioning or a better versioning system and backend connectivity. If something is deleted in AEM, the user cannot recover it. You have to call technical support, and they will need to recover the whole instance. So, it's really difficult. For example, if you delete a page, you cannot recover it. There should be an option to recover it. In AEM, you have to go to the previous state of the instance itself or the virtual machine, and you have to restore everything, which is not good."

What is most valuable?

If you want to use content in a mobile application and you want the content in some other application, you can simply expose it from the CMS to different clients or different systems. It's easy. On top of that, the technology underlying AEM is open-source and is very powerful like Apache Sling and JCR.

What needs improvement?

In comparison to other CMS products, Adobe Experience Manager is missing some capabilities such as proper versioning or a better versioning system and backend connectivity.

If something is deleted in AEM, the user cannot recover it. You have to call technical support, and they will need to recover the whole instance. So, it's really difficult. For example, if you delete a page, you cannot recover it. There should be an option to recover it. In AEM, you have to go to the previous state of the instance itself or the virtual machine, and you have to restore everything, which is not good.

It's also a very heavyweight solution. If you want to use it just for one purpose, such as delivering content to your mobile application or marketing website, it's too heavy.

For assets, there is a lightweight version of Adobe Experience Manager, and I would like to see a lightweight version for sites in the next release.

I would like it to also be a little bit more cost efficient so that it's more approachable to SMBs as well.

It is a stable solution.

The cloud version is somewhat stable, but not all of the features are supported yet.

The challenging part is moving from on-premises to the cloud; it's not straightforward. People are very afraid to jump from one boat to another, so that is a challenge. Once you move to the cloud, however, there are no challenges. From a scaling perspective, you would be scaling the infrastructure horizontally and not vertically.

With my present client, we have more than 200 people working with AEM.

The license comes with a managed services contract. You have dedicated people from Adobe, and they are always there.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate technical support at nine.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I used OpenText TeamSite from Interwoven before switching to AEM. It's still in use, but a lot of people are migrating from TeamSite to AEM. It's a dying technology. It is also based on Java, but it is complex and hard to learn.

The initial setup is easy, and I would give it a five out of five rating. It's not very difficult because it's just one system.

Initially, you have to have some knowledge of a few technologies, but it's not very challenging. There are lots of open-source materials available, and there are forums as well. So, it's easy to learn.

It's a costly solution. I would rate the price at two out of five on a scale from one to five, where one is the most expensive and five is the most competitive.

What other advice do I have?

I enjoy using Adobe Experience Manager and recommend it to large and enterprise level organizations.

Overall, I would rate it at eight out of ten.

Enterprise Content Management
    December 2022
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Puneeth Babu - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Technical Consultant at FinXL IT Professional Services
    Is easy to connect and obtain reports but the cloud deployment process needs improvement
    • "I like the native applications such as Adobe Target, Adobe Analytics, and Adobe Experience Platform. Because of these, it's very easy to connect and obtain reports on how my website is doing, how many have visited it, how frequently, etc. The multiple publisher concept is one of the best parts of this solution."
    • "The latest trend is to render everything in the client-side framework. For example, SPA or single page application. This is a feature that needs improvement. The cloud deployment pipeline needs to be improved as well."

What is our primary use case?

Adobe Experience Manager is a CMS or content management system. It's primary use for web development involves hosting a website. That is, anything that we develop, such as a new feature, a new website, or upgrades, is hosted in Adobe Experience Manager.

What is most valuable?

I like the native applications such as Adobe Target, Adobe Analytics, and Adobe Experience Platform. Because of these, it's very easy to connect and obtain reports on how my website is doing, how many have visited it, how frequently, etc.

The multiple publisher concept is one of the best parts of this solution.

What needs improvement?

The latest trend is to render everything in the client-side framework. For example, SPA or single page application. This is a feature that needs improvement.

The cloud deployment pipeline needs to be improved as well.

I started using this solution in 2013, so I've been working with it for nine years now.

So far, the stability has been good. Since Adobe Experience Manager has the multiple publisher concept, if any one of the servers goes down because of the traffic load, you can easily spin up a new server.

If the solution is deployed in the cloud, it will automatically spin up when needed. If it's not on the cloud, then you can easily spin up a new server as you scale up and the traffic load increases.

We have about 200 people from marketing, target analytics, and web engineering teams who use Adobe Experience Manager.

The move to the cloud has been challenging, and I've had to contact technical support. I would rate them at seven on a scale from one to ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is very straightforward and user-friendly. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

Because of the improvement needed with the client-side framework and because page loading takes time, I rate Adobe Experience Manager at seven out of ten.

Amit Singh - PeerSpot reviewer
    Adobe Experience Manager and AEM-Mobile at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Helps us with analytics and application design for specific platforms, but image management can be difficult

What is our primary use case?

It is helpful for hybrid applications, generic templates, third-party data synchronization, and user-specific data restriction and analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us with analytics, application design for specific platforms, and enables us to easily create applications for iOS and Android.

What is most valuable?

Hybrid applications and Cordova support.

What needs improvement?

With the default template design, it is difficult to manage the different resolutions of images.

Download our free Enterprise Content Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Adobe, Microsoft, Oracle, and more!
    Updated: December 2022