SAP SuccessFactors Learning OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP SuccessFactors Learning is the #7 ranked solution in top Learning Management Systems. PeerSpot users give SAP SuccessFactors Learning an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. SAP SuccessFactors Learning is most commonly compared to Workday: SAP SuccessFactors Learning vs Workday. SAP SuccessFactors Learning is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Learning Management Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SAP SuccessFactors Learning?

SAP SuccessFactors Learning is an omni-channel training solution that provides the most comprehensive, simple way to improve employee skills, reduce compliance risk, and effectively engage external learning audiences. SAP SuccessFactors provides innovative capabilities that help create a culture of continuous learning, flexible and open approaches to supporting learning content, and proven business results at organizations around the world.

SAP SuccessFactors Learning was previously known as Plateau, SuccessFactors Learning.

SAP SuccessFactors Learning Customers

SHORE Solutions Inc., TranSystems Corporation, Day & Zimmerman, Serco Group, Harlequin Sales Corp, China DataCom Corporation, Sonova AG, Metropolitan Utilities District (M.U.D.)

SAP SuccessFactors Learning Video

SAP SuccessFactors Learning Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP SuccessFactors Learning pricing:
  • "The licensing cost for SAP SuccessFactors Learning is rather expensive, but it's not the only SAP tool my company uses in the suite, so it's very hard to compare prices."
  • "SAP SuccessFactors Learning is an on-premise solution, there is a one-time fee, which will be given by a company during the implementation. Additionally, there are support fees, which are annual."
  • "The price of SAP SuccessFactors Learning could be better, it is expensive. There is an annual subscription. It's overpriced for small enterprises."
  • SAP SuccessFactors Learning Reviews

Consultant SAP SuccessFactors Learning at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    Good for external and internal training and has an assignment profile feature, but it needs to be modernized because its data import and user management capabilities, plus user interface are outdated
    • "The best feature of SAP SuccessFactors Learning for me is the assignment profile. It's a rather specific feature, but this is what comes to mind."
    • "What needs improvement in SAP SuccessFactors Learning is the user interface. The user management and the integration of the whole suite could also be improved. The solution also needs to be modernized because at the moment, it's a little bit outdated. It's old-fashioned, and though it has a data import feature, that's just plain outdated. SAP SuccessFactors Learning doesn't have any cutting-edge features."

What is our primary use case?

I'm using SAP SuccessFactors Learning for external and internal training. I'm also using it for learning administration for face-to-face training, the assignment of e-learnings, etc.

What is most valuable?

The best feature of SAP SuccessFactors Learning for me is the assignment profile. It's a rather specific feature, but this is what comes to mind.

What needs improvement?

What needs improvement in SAP SuccessFactors Learning is the user interface. The user management and the integration of the whole suite could also be improved. The solution also needs to be modernized because at the moment, it's a little bit outdated. It's old-fashioned, and though it has a data import feature, that's just plain outdated. SAP SuccessFactors Learning doesn't have any cutting-edge features.

I started working with SAP SuccessFactors Learning last October.

Learning Management Systems
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Cornerstone OnDemand, Moodle and others in Learning Management Systems. Updated: November 2022.
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

SAP SuccessFactors Learning is mostly a stable solution.

The support for SAP SuccessFactors Learning is very bad and very difficult to communicate with. You just get standard answers just so the support team could fulfill SLAs. You get asked standard questions that were already discussed in the ticket. The support team for SAP SuccessFactors Learning isn't that knowledgeable.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The setup for SAP SuccessFactors Learning is very complex. For example, if you're doing a historic data load, you need to import learning items such as classes and courses from the legacy system, and the way it is done, it's just stone-age.

In terms of how long the deployment takes for SAP SuccessFactors Learning, my company currently has the suite in place, so now you just need to implement the learning part of it, which takes roughly six months.

We used consultants for the implementation of SAP SuccessFactors Learning.

The licensing cost for SAP SuccessFactors Learning is rather expensive, but it's not the only SAP tool my company uses in the suite, so it's very hard to compare prices.

I evaluated Cornerstone Learning.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using SAP SuccessFactors Learning currently. I'm working with the whole SAP Success Factors suite, but my focus is on Learning. I'm using the latest version of the solution. It's deployed on the cloud, not on-premises.

Currently, thirty thousand people use SAP SuccessFactors Learning within the company, but once implementation has been completed, there'll be around forty-two thousand users of the solution.

My advice to others looking into implementing SAP SuccessFactors Learning is to use a different system such as Cornerstone Learning.

My rating for SAP SuccessFactors Learning is seven out of ten.

I'm a customer of SAP SuccessFactors Learning, not a partner.

Adarsh Chacko - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Lead at HCL Technologies
    Highly scalable, reliable, but poor interface
    • "SAP SuccessFactors Learning is highly scalable."
    • "SAP SuccessFactors Learning's e-learning portal has a very poor interface when compared to Cornerstone or PeopleFluent. It's a very basic interface, but I know that it has a very good foundation."

What is our primary use case?

I have a bachelor's degree in information technology, and I have certain IT-related training, such as Azure Fundamentals or IT security courses from Microsoft.
    All that kinds of training are assigned to me in SAP SuccessFactors Learning. I use this solution for training.

What needs improvement?

SAP SuccessFactors Learning's e-learning portal has a very poor interface when compared to Cornerstone or PeopleFluent. It's a very basic interface, but I know that it has a very good foundation.

In a feature release, they should provide a mobile application.

I have been using SAP SuccessFactors Learning for approximately two years.

SAP SuccessFactors Learning is highly stable and it is used by many companies. However, it can depend on how they are using the platform.

SAP SuccessFactors Learning is highly scalable.

The initial setup of SAP SuccessFactors Learning is difficult because the processes are more strenuous compared to Cornerstone or PeopleFluent.

SAP SuccessFactors Learning is an on-premise solution, there is a one-time fee, which will be given by a company during the implementation. Additionally, there are support fees, which are annual.

What other advice do I have?

SAP is involved in many areas, but they are not strong in its e-learning modules. I would not recommend SAP SuccessFactors Learning because receiving an e-learning license, is very expensive. I would rather purchase another smaller LMS, which supports e-learning.

I rate SAP SuccessFactors Learning a seven out of ten.

Learning Management Systems
    November 2022
    656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Enterprise Services Platforms Head at a energy/utilities company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Beneficial accessibility, good support, and enjoyable users experience
    • "SAP SuccessFactors Learning's most valuable features are accessibility and updated UX. The solution can be accessed from outside of the office network and the user's experience is good."

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP SuccessFactors Learning for goals, performance, and learning management.

What is most valuable?

I have been using SAP SuccessFactors Learning for six years.

We have many people using this solution in my company from all departments. The solution is best suited for larges companies.

The SAP support has been good.

We have not used another solution previously. We did processes manually.

The initial setup of SAP SuccessFactors Learning is a lot easier than the on-premise version.

The price of SAP SuccessFactors Learning could be better, it is expensive. There is an annual subscription. It's overpriced for small enterprises.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is they should already have processes figured out. SAP SuccessFactors Learning is for big companies, not for small ones. It is important to have their own processes laid out first so that when they start their workshops with SAP SuccessFactors Learning, they will operate smoothly other than building it from scratch.

I rate SAP SuccessFactors Learning an eight out of ten.

Senior Manager - Retail Sales
      Provides friendly interface, strong catalog, and embedded training that is easy to use and explore
      • "The interface is really friendly, and the training embedded in it is very easy to use, explore, and search. The catalog is pretty strong."
      • "I am talking about SAP in general, so there are multiple screens that you have to go through, and it takes some time to get used to it."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our company website. I use it either through my mobile or through my laptop and access the learning modules that are already there in the organization.

The entire organization is using this solution. It's about 500,000 users.

What needs improvement?

The screens are friendly but rather than having a single interface, there are multiple layers.

I've been using it for one month now.

It's stable.

The solution is scalable. The onboarding is simple for new employees. I think my company is planning to increase usage.

Technical support is pretty strong. Even when there's an administrative issue, there is prompt involvement from SAP.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

It's there for a bigger organization. For smaller organizations, it does not make sense to invest in it. It's an enterprise-based solution for organizations that have more than 5,000 users.

Senior Consultant at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
      Helps our organization with delivering training and learning and storing our private information

What is our primary use case?

We use it for holiday management, illness and private details. So our private information is stored in SAP SuccessFactors Learning, and we have training delivered using the solution.

What is most valuable?

The learning features are great.

What needs improvement?

The organization around this solution internally is not done correctly. For example, if our organization is changing, you would assume that the picture of the new organization will be available within SuccessFactors. But that is not the case, but this may be due to our setup. In addition, the consultants implementing this solution could be more knowledgeable.

We have been using this solution for one year. We use SAP SuccessFactors, and then within SuccessFactors, we have learning arranged via LinkedIn Learning. So if we have obliged training to attend, we go with SAP SuccessFactors Learning.

It is stable from a user perspective.

It is scalable. We have about 1000 users.

There is SAP support available.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of ten.