Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Sugar Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sugar Enterprise is #12 ranked solution in top CRM tools. PeerSpot users give Sugar Enterprise an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Sugar Enterprise is most commonly compared to Bullhorn: Sugar Enterprise vs Bullhorn.

Download the CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Sugar Enterprise?
Sugar is an affordable and easy to use CRM platform, designed to help your business communicate with prospects, share sales information, close deals & keep customers happy. Thousands of successful companies use Sugar everyday to manage sales, marketing and support. As an open-source, web-based CRM solution, Sugar is easy to customize & adapt to your changing needs. Ideal for small & medium-sized companies, large enterprises and government organizations, Sugar can run in the cloud or on-site.
Sugar Enterprise Customers
Redglaze Group, TengoInternet, Hilco, Bancvue, Vet Adivsor
Sugar Enterprise Video

Sugar Enterprise Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sugar Enterprise pricing:
"Licensing fees are paid on a yearly basis."

Sugar Enterprise Reviews

Styliana Araouzou - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Operations Analyst at Etoro
Customizable, easy to configure, and reliable
  • "It works well with Jira. You can customize it to fit your needs."
  • "You cannot include all your entities under one instance at the moment."

What is our primary use case?

We use Sugar as our CRM. It includes all our customer details, tech to sign in from the verification side, the transactions, all the marketing materials, everything related to the client, and key payment transactions.

What is most valuable?

It's great as a CRM.

It's fully customizable. You can create and develop any features in order to meet your organization's needs.

It works well with Jira. You can customize it to fit your needs.

The product is extremely easy to configure.

We've found the scalability to be good.

The stability is great.

What needs improvement?

There are no aspects really lacking in the solution. We are quite satisfied with how we are able to use it with Jira.

At the moment, there is a complicated flow in regards to the user's permissions and what they can see. For example, if a broker has multiple NTDs and you want to distinguish your employees to see specific customers, this is not a default with Sugar. It means that your developer needs to create custom teams and give custom permissions. You cannot include all your entities under one instance at the moment.

I've been using the solution for years now.

CRM
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SugarCRM, Oracle, Microsoft and others in CRM. Updated: September 2022.
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

While the solution itself is stable, the stability, in general, is based on which server it's set up on. It depends on the users that are logging in on a daily basis in Sugar. As an application it is stable, however, if the memory on your server is low and cannot support thousands of logins on a daily basis, of course, you will have issues.

The scalability is great. It can work with many users. It's not a problem.

In my previous organization, we had about 200 users.

The support is pretty good. We're mostly satisfied with the help we get.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is easy and the product is simple to configure.

I don't know the exact pricing, however, I know that there is a standard fee for the setup and then you pay on a monthly basis per user.

What other advice do I have?

My company is considered a customer and an end-user.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using right now.

It's a company that offers lots of user manuals and you can find most of your stuff there before starting development. I'd advise potential new users to go through everything.

I would rate the solution an eight out of ten. By default, it comes with a really good model where you can start working with it without having a lot of developers in your team. It's a system that includes everything related to the client and you can see everything under one screen without having a different product or system. It's been great, for the most part.

Microsoft Azure
IT support officer at IT flow
Useful exports, stable, and overall functions well
  • "The most valuable features of Sugar Enterprise are the exports of graphics, statuses, complaints, and tasks."
  • "Sugar Enterprise could improve by removing bugs and glitches. For example, a comment was made but in the comment section, it was never displayed. However, the problems we faced might not be the fault of the solution."

What is our primary use case?

I was using Sugar Enterprise in a communication company to allow users to lock the calls and the comments.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Sugar Enterprise are the exports of graphics, statuses, complaints, and tasks.

What needs improvement?

Sugar Enterprise could improve by removing bugs and glitches. For example, a comment was made but in the comment section, it was never displayed. However, the problems we faced might not be the fault of the solution.

In order to export graphics or add tasks, it could at times be more difficult than other functionality.

In the next release, the color scheme of the interface could be better. I found it bland and it could be better.

I have been using Sugar Enterprise for approximately four years.

Sugar Enterprise is stable and reliable. However, the more people that use the solution it can impact the performance. This might not be an issue with the solution.

Most of the time the performance of the solution was slow. If we had a lot of people or if a lot of people talking at the same time it was very slow. There were some moments when it went down and we had to wait until the IT team came to refresh the server to regain access.

We have approximately 200 people using this solution in my organization.

I have previously used JIRA for two months and I found Sugar Enterprise to be easier to use.

The initial setup was very easy for the Sugar Enterprise dashboards. It was easy to learn how to use the solution. The process of implementation took approximately two weeks.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is this is a good solution for importing or exporting any graphics.

I rate Sugar Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Sugar Enterprise was something that has helped me a lot in my work. The only reason I did not put eight and not ten is because of the bugs.

CRM
September 2022
633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Account Manager, Cybersecurity at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Good performance, sales management, and easy installation

What is our primary use case?

We use Sugar Enterprise to manage our sales focus and track the appointments.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of this solution is its low cost.

It works well.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be more user-friendly.

I would like to see more integration on a mobile platform in the next release.

I have been using Sugar Enterprise for at least eight years.

As a cloud-based solution, we always use the most recent version.

We have ten users in our organization.

We use this solution on a daily basis.

Next year, we intend to increase our usage.

We have not contacted technical support.

The installation is straightforward.

This solution will be deployed and maintained by one technical person.

The installation was completed entirely in-house. We have a dedicated technical team.

Sugar Enterprise is not expensive.

Licensing fees are paid on a yearly basis.

There are some additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering using it.

I would rate Sugar Enterprise an eight out of ten.

Runs almost without effort and has no support issues

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is relation capability, which allows us to relay customers with invoice orders.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to see personalization of information about customers or specific businesses or opportunities.

I've been using this solution for about ten years.

This solution's stability is very good, it runs almost without effort, and we don't have any support issues with it.

The scalability seems good, though we are a small company, so I'm not sure how well it would work for bigger organizations.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Licensing is available on a monthly basis, with no additional fees.

What other advice do I have?

Be careful when making integrations to the database, as these may stop working when the product is upgraded. I would rate this solution as nine out of ten.

Senior IT Architect at IBM
Is a stable solution but lacks customization

What is our primary use case?

We use it to relate to accounts.

What needs improvement?

It lacks customization, and this is the main reason that we are switching to a different solution.

I've been using it for around three years.

It's a cloud-based solution.

The performance and stability are fine.

From my perspective, it was easy to install. We went through some training and then started using the system.

What other advice do I have?

What it does, it does very well, but if you want to do something additional or change something, then you get stuck.

Because of the lack of customization, I would rate Sugar Enterprise at six on a scale from one to ten.