We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Microsoft Dynamics CRM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is #1 ranked solution in top CRM Customer Engagement Centers, #1 ranked solution in top Local Government CRM tools, #2 ranked solution in top CRM tools, #2 ranked solution in top Marketing Management tools, and #2 ranked solution in top Sales Force Automation tools. PeerSpot users give Microsoft Dynamics CRM an average rating of 8 out of 10. Microsoft Dynamics CRM is most commonly compared to SAP CRM: Microsoft Dynamics CRM vs SAP CRM. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Microsoft Dynamics CRM?

Dynamics CRM is Microsoft's leading Customer Relationship Management solution. This solution allows organizations to nurture their relationships with their customers, to engage with these customers in the best way possible at all the right times, and to match customers to the correct products and services.

Dynamics CRM is one of the most effective sales and marketing tools around, because of its innovative and social-driven technology. The tool allows marketers and salespeople to communicate, interact and service customers in a smarter, personalized, and more insightful manner. And best of all is that this can all be done from any device, as Dynamics CRM is mobile-based, cloud-based and available on-premise. The tool also integrates with social media platforms, allowing for full social media capabilities and reporting.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM was previously known as Dynamics CRM, MS Dynamics CRM.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customers

Metro Bank, Nissan, Pandora, Delta, Haynes International, City of London, Trek and many more market leaders.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Video

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft Dynamics CRM pricing:
  • "I am not the person who pays for Microsoft Dynamics CRM but it is expensive. I have been using Microsoft Azure, which Microsoft Dynamics CRM is built on, and I know we prepaid for the services. For me as a consumer, I do not think I can afford it, mainly because I am only learning how to use the AI and the rate which they charge is high. In general, Microsoft solutions are expensive and this is most likely due to the brand, this is something you expect. However, the price might be high but you receive a highly secure solution."
  • "We have a three-year ELA with all our Microsoft solutions and often we had to do a true-up which was approximately $1,000,000. Additionally, we pay approximately $2,500 a month for support."
  • "It's kind of pricey. It's about $50 or $60 per user."
  • "There is a license required to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM."
  • "The price of the solution is good but could be cheaper."
  • Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reviews

Somadina Leo
    Operational Risk Analyst at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Secure, good support, but graphical interface could improve
    • "I have used many Microsoft solutions and I am comfortable using the solution. Additionally, it is secure."
    • "Microsoft Dynamics CRM could improve by being more user-friendly and having a better design. I have used Service Desk and it is not user-friendly but this solution is worse. The graphical interface is not intuitive, you need someone to guide you or you will have difficulties navigating around to find the file you need. The data we are normally dealing with is boring enough and the interface could be more attractive and more exciting. The tabs and arrangement could be done better to be more user-friendly. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word are fine and Microsoft should extend their user-friendliness and intuitiveness to Microsoft Dynamics."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for our complaints system, data management, and reports for all information that is related to external customer data. I spool the data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM and then I use Microsoft Excel to process, analyze, and get insight into the data. Microsoft Dynamics CRM has an analytics aspect, but we have not been using it because the data that has been fed in is not clean enough. The analytics aspect of Microsoft Dynamics CRM does not give us the results that we want. Most of the time I have to spool the data myself, clean it, by using Microsoft Excel, and then I have to process it before I can generate reports.

For internal workflow processes, we use ProcessMaker.

What is most valuable?

I have used many Microsoft solutions and I am comfortable using the solution. Additionally, it is secure.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM could improve by being more user-friendly and having a better design. I have used Service Desk and it is not user-friendly but this solution is worse. The graphical interface is not intuitive, you need someone to guide you or you will have difficulties navigating around to find the file you need. The data we are normally dealing with is boring enough and the interface could be more attractive and more exciting. The tabs and arrangement could be done better to be more user-friendly. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word are fine and Microsoft should extend their user-friendliness and intuitiveness to Microsoft Dynamics.

I have been using Dynamics CRM for approximately two years.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is stable. I have not experienced major downtime. When I did experience downtime, it was not due to the Microsoft application itself. Most of the time it is because of network downtime. A network downtime impacts everything.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is scalable. For my use case, it is complaints management, but we have other departments in the bank that use it for other purposes. I know that complaints management is not the only use case, there are a couple of other use cases for it.

We scheduled a meeting with our Microsoft IT partner and we received help within four days. I felt the support was good.

I have previously used Service Desk.

The information I have on the implementation is limited. However, the process was fast. It did not take too long to set up Microsoft Dynamics. That is one of the advantages of using Microsoft applications because they have very good after-sales service and support. Setting it up was not difficult. It integrates well with the other application we use, such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend Microsoft Dynamics CRM to everyone. There are some improvements that can be made but overall it is functional.

I rate Microsoft Dynamics CRM a seven out of ten.

Technology, Tools, & Solutions - Program Manager at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
    Beneficial third-party application integration, reliable, but customization could improve
    • "The most valuable features are the integration capabilities with other third-party software. It has an easy user interface and in terms of security, it has permission-based access for different users."
    • "Microsoft Dynamics CRM is not that customizable, you can customize it, but a lot of it is still pre-built in a way that you have a lot of details in there that you don't need."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for our opportunity tracking system. Anytime we have sales opportunities, we integrate the solution with our quoting software. The quote is generated and all the details flow into our Microsoft Dynamics CRM, which then builds our pipeline. We're able to integrate it with other Microsoft forms and our Dynamics SL Accounting system.

How has it helped my organization?

When a sale is made or an award is given it is entered into the Dynamics SL Accounting system and we filter the sales report which helps us do better forecasting for our financials for the year.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is not that customizable, you can customize it, but a lot of it is still pre-built in a way that you have a lot of details in there that you don't need.

I have been using Microsoft Dynamics CRM for approximately three years. My company has been using the solution for approximately seven years.

The stability of Microsoft Dynamics CRM is fairly good, it doesn't tend to break, it has reliable access. We have a number of users all working remotely, it handles and balances the workloads.

There are some challenges with stability for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. However, we could not be fully utilizing the features to archive. For example, when using list items there is a lot of times we have data that goes in, and it just stays there. It's a manual process to remove some of the items. It would be good to have some kind of a better cleanup and archiving function.

I haven't dealt with the tech support. I know that Microsoft tends to be not the easiest to deal with. You have to keep paying more for higher levels of Premium Support instead of having support from the beginning.

The initial setup is somewhat complex.

We have received a high ROI from using Microsoft Dynamics CRM considering it's such a vital part of our organization's entire operations and its ability to consistently be upgraded to have new features and benefits and integrations with emerging software.

I would rate Microsoft Dynamics CRM ROI value a nine out of ten.

We have a three-year ELA with all our Microsoft solutions and often we had to do a true-up which was approximately $1,000,000. Additionally, we pay approximately $2,500 a month for support.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others wanting to implement this solution is to make sure that they have a proper enterprise architecture. If you're starting out small, make sure you fully understand the different use cases, because you may end up overpaying for features that are never put into use.

I would recommend the professional services and training for implementation, to allow the staff to receive the knowledge of how to do some of the customizations. It does require some change management across the organization in terms of how to use fields, and all the different touchpoints. It's a pretty good database, it is not perfect, but it is the mid-range level solution. There are automation features that could improve, but with certain software, you can integrate to have it managed some automation in the background.

I rate Microsoft Dynamics CRM a seven out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    RPA Practice Head at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    MSP
    A straightforward setup, good pricing, and great technical support
    • "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
    • "If there was a bit more automation, specifically for marketing tasks, that would be ideal."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the CRM for our leads and opportunities, and our client data.

How has it helped my organization?

Slowly, other departments are adopting a lot of the features we've been working with. Right now, it's only in sales and marketing, however, as the other departments adopt it, there will be a lot of streamlining.

What is most valuable?

The management and ability to process leads are the solution's most useful features. It makes it easy to maintain accounts and keep them up to date and relevant.

The interface is very good. It makes the product easy to use.

The price is pretty decent.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The sales cycle is pretty great. Everything is at the tip of my fingers.

I have good visibility due to the excellent reporting.

The dashboard is great. From there I can click anywhere and see anything.

What needs improvement?

I've had a relatively good experience using the resolution. I'm not sure if there are any negative aspects of it.

If there was a bit more automation, specifically for marketing tasks, that would be ideal.

We only just recently adopted the solution. We started using it about six months ago. It hasn't been a year yet.

The solution is Flash. I haven't seen any bugs or glitches on it. It's been pretty reliable. We don't have complaints in regards to stability.

It's scalable. We've been able to ensure it grows with the company. It's been pretty easy to expand it as we need.

We have about 20-25 users on the product currently. They are all in sales and marketing. We'll be rolling it out to the greater company in the coming months.

The technical support has been very good. We're quite satisfied. I would rate them ten out of ten. They are knowledgable and responsive when it comes to dealing with queries.

I did previously use a different solution. This product is much better as it allows me to better process my leads and handle my sales cycle effectively. Everything I need is right there, accessible from the dashboard.

The initial setup isn't too complex. We've found it to be rather straightforward. It's easy.

The pricing is okay. It's not overly expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Microsoft. We have a business relationship with them.

I'd like to let other companies know that this is a pretty cost-effective CRM and well worth considering.

Overall, I'd rate it nine out of ten. It does everything I need it to do and I can access anything from the dashboard. It's quite an effective CRM. Had they offered more automation, I would have given them perfect marks.

Solutions Architect at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
    Stable, reliable, and robust
    • "The stability is excellent."
    • "The mobile side of the product doesn't look that great right now."

What is our primary use case?

I have an embedded power app that's launched through Dynamics. I use it almost every day. I don't use any Dynamics features. I go straight to my ISV plugin and that's all.

What is most valuable?

For what I'm using it for it's great.

It's a pretty robust product.

I don't use any Dynamics features. I go straight to my ISV plugin and that's all. I just like this part of the Microsoft stack.

The stability is excellent. It's reliable.

What needs improvement?

The product can be a bit expensive, especially for a smaller organization.

I wouldn't want to change any aspect of the product.

The mobile side of the product doesn't look that great right now. It doesn't seem to render. It's the responsiveness across different devices, from light testing, just seemed kind of off. It seems like it really needs to identify when it's on a mobile device and minimize the view. It kind of just does a web page type of thing and it's just really difficult to use. From just the short time I've seen it, I'm not sure how anybody would ever be able to use it.

I've been using the solution from a demo. I've used it in the last few months.

The solution is rock solid and very stable. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's excellent.

It's kind of pricey. It's about $50 or $60 per user. I have never been on the sales side of it or watched the organization from a licensing perspective. I don't know if it's higher or lower than what else is available. If I was a small business, that price would be too high for me if I was going to run it for my own practice as an individual. I'd either not use it or use something else - maybe something that's cheaper or supports just what I need.

What other advice do I have?

We are an ISV partner, an independent software vendor through Microsoft, and we can publish applications directly to the Dynamics store.

I've been very happy with the solution. I'd rate it at a ten out of ten.

PTM at Computer Network Systems
    It's a complete tool that helps the company measure and track sales, orders, current customers, and the sales pipeline
    • "Dynamics is a complete tool that helps the company measure and track sales, orders, current customers, and the sales pipeline."
    • "The approvals component of Dynamics is complex. It isn't very easy to generate approvals between different departments."

What is our primary use case?

We use Dynamics to discover sales opportunities and follow up on closed orders. Its dashboard gives you visibility into the sales pipeline so you can conduct analysis and identify opportunities.

What is most valuable?

Dynamics is a complete tool that helps the company measure and track sales, orders, current customers, and the sales pipeline. We depend on CRM to govern our internal sales process. We use Dynamics daily for everything in the entire sales process, from importing customer registrations to issuing the invoice at closing.

What needs improvement?

The approvals component of Dynamics is complex. It isn't very easy to generate approvals between different departments. Microsoft should also add some more features to the dashboard to improve visibility.

We've been using Microsoft Dynamics for almost seven years.

Dynamics performs perfectly. There are no bugs or connectivity issues. Everything runs smoothly.

Microsoft Dynamics is scalable. We have almost 400,000 users.

We've never contacted Microsoft support. We handle support internally.

We previously used Oracle Business, but I don't remember much about it. Microsoft Dynamics is easier to use. Oracle's ARP was complicated. I prefer to work with Microsoft Dynamics.

Setting up Dynamics is straightforward, to my knowledge, but I wasn't involved. I'm just a user.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Microsoft Dynamics eight out of 10. It's easy to use, flexible, and you can get your reports instantly.

Microsoft Azure
    Account manager at a engineering company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Customizable, scalable, and reliable
    • "One of the most useful features is we can configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM in the way that we need. This is configurable."
    • "The installation was difficult. I'm not the person that implements the solution. However, to have the solution function in the correct way, the process can be difficult."

What is most valuable?

I have been using Microsoft Dynamics CRM for approximately two years.

The solution is stable.

I have found Microsoft Dynamics CRM easy to scale.

The installation was difficult. I'm not the person that implements the solution. However, to have the solution function in the correct way, the process can be difficult.

What other advice do I have?

I think that Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a great solution, but they need to have a global vision about the use and the future. For example, how is this information are going to be exposed or shown in a Power BI? I have seen companies that use this solution, but they don't think in the right way. They don't think the solution is really beneficial. They need to organize the data in the right way for that information in the future could be used better. My recommendation is for others to make the right plan for the present and the future.

I rate Microsoft Dynamics CRM a nine out of ten.

Knowledge and associate at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Beneficial functionality, good user interface, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM can do a lot of things related to management within a company. For example, it can manage transactions or bookkeeping.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is easy to use, the UI is very good, and it has many capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having better integration documentation.

I have been using Microsoft Dynamics CRM since it was released which has been many years.

We have approximately 100 customers using this solution.

The installation is straightforward.

We have a team of 10 engineers and…

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having better integration documentation.

We have approximately 100 customers using this solution.

The installation is straightforward.

We have a team of 10 engineers and administrators that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

There is a license required to use Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I rate Microsoft Dynamics CRM an eight out of ten.

Entrepreneur at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Leaderboard
    Plenty of features, simple installation, and reliable

What is our primary use case?

Dynamics is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) cloud solution. However, previously we mainly installed it on-premise for car dealers.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM has plenty of valuable features.

I have used Microsoft Dynamics CRM within the past 12 months.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is stable.

I have found Microsoft Dynamics CRM to be scalable. We have approximately 10 customers that are using this solution.

The installation is straightforward. The average time for installation and commission of the solution is three months.

What about the

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Dynamics CRM has plenty of valuable features.

I have used Microsoft Dynamics CRM within the past 12 months.

Microsoft Dynamics CRM is stable.

I have found Microsoft Dynamics CRM to be scalable.

We have approximately 10 customers that are using this solution.

We have a four-person team of mainly project managers and developers that do the implementation and maintenance of the solution.

The price of the solution is good but could be cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Dynamics CRM an eight out of ten.