We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform is #33 ranked solution in BPM Software. PeerSpot users give Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform an average rating of 8 out of 10. Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform is most commonly compared to Appian: Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform vs Appian. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform?
EMC Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform (xCP) improves how you build applications. As a dynamic composition platform, xCP combines integrated technologies and prebuilt components with graphical modeling and configuration tools to emphasize composition and configuration over custom coding.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform Customers
CNAMTS
Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform Video

Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform Reviews

Romas Bunevicius
Director of Business Development at proit
Reseller
The metadata helps you retrieve and manage all the documents in your databases
  • "Two things are excellent in Documentum. One is business process management. The other is its support for metadata."
  • "In BPM could be better. Its GUI needs the ability to build more rules. This is a crucial feature. For example, OpenText has some products that allow you to control your checks, invoices, and so on. They have exciting approaches to converting pictures to text, but the tool for business process management isn't easy to use. The GIU is not so good."

What is our primary use case?

I work at a software development company. We only have about a hundred employees, so we are not big enough to use Documentum ourselves. Instead, we are developing a solution based on it. We are developing the new version of a court case management system, which is a national scale project.

You need a BPM solution if you are working with court cases files. It's essential to develop the method description for the document data. It is also necessary to implement business process management, and Documentum is pretty good for that.

And for development, we have a team of nearly 10 people. For support, we have one or two.

What is most valuable?

Two things are excellent in Documentum. One is business process management. The other is its support for metadata. You can add metadata to just about any file. The metadata helps you retrieve and manage all the documents in your databases, including your multimedia files.

What needs improvement?

In BPM could be better. Its GUI needs the ability to build more rules. This is a crucial feature. For example, OpenText has some products that allow you to control your checks, invoices, and so on. They have exciting approaches to converting pictures to text, but the tool for business process management isn't easy to use. The GIU is not so good.

In terms of scalability, Documentum is a very good product. It's scalable, flexible, and reliable. Our national card system has more than 30,000 users, of which about 6,000 are highly active.

Setting up Documentum is quite complex and hard to understand. You need someone who has experience with the solution.

The price of Documentum could be lower. It's quite high compared to its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Documentum nine out of 10. I wouldn't say 10 because it can always improve.

Salih çakır
Developer at Halkbank
Good accelerated platform but it uses a lot of CPU and RAM
  • "The most valuable feature is the management."
  • "They should develop something so that bugs don't happen in our project. We make changes manually and some bugs happen."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the management. I like the accelerated platform but it uses a lot of CPU and RAM.

It is easy to develop a VPN and UI.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, we have had bugs with version 2.2. They should develop something so that bugs don't happen in our projects. We make changes manually and bugs happen.

I have been using this solution for six years.

It is easy to expand. We store many workflows in it and we are going to expand the project after the next upgrade to include all of our workflows.

There are around 5,000 uses but after the upgrade, it will be closer to 20,000 users.

We get our support from a partner, not from them directly. I don't like the consultancy, they don't have a lot of experience but they sell this solution. The support needs to be better.

The installation is easy.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

They should improve the licensing model. We can't get to a license agreement, they recommend a certain license but I don't think we need everything. The licensing model should be more clear.