Oracle Taleo OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Taleo is the #7 ranked solution in top Benefits Administration tools and #9 ranked solution in top Talent Management tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Taleo an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Oracle Taleo is most commonly compared to Oracle HCM Cloud: Oracle Taleo vs Oracle HCM Cloud. Oracle Taleo is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Benefits Administration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Oracle Taleo?
The Oracle Taleo Cloud Service enables enterprises and midsize businesses to recruit top performers with the right cloud talent skills, aligning them to key goals and performance while developing and compensating them appropriately. The industry's broadest cloud-based talent management platform, Oracle Taleo Cloud Service collects relevant information throughout the employee's entire lifecycle, empowering HR, managers, and employees to leverage their cloud talent to drive improved performance and business success.

Oracle Taleo was previously known as Taleo, SonicRecruit.

Oracle Taleo Customers
ICA Fluor, Monsanto Company, Hitachi Consulting, Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital, Kalpataru Ltd, DELL Inc., JSR Micro Inc., Skanska AB, Acciona, Baloise Group, Zhejiang Geely Holding Group, Logicalis Inc., Garmin International, Intuit Inc, The Dow Chemical Company
Oracle Taleo Video

Oracle Taleo Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Taleo pricing:
"Whether you pay annually or on some other payment schedule depends on the license model you choose. Typically, clients pay a yearly subscription."

Oracle Taleo Reviews

Kumar Madhur - PeerSpot reviewer
Service Delivery Project Manager at HCL Technologies
Recruiting module is highly usable, with good performance and goal management features
  • "Performance and goal management are good to have, based on certain client requirements where the user base isn't too large, but the most workable domain of Taleo is the recruiting module."
  • "In terms of Oracle Taleo as a product, there are a lot of things which can be developed; most feedback which I have heard from customers is about the dashboard and the home page, both of which are quite basic."

What is our primary use case?

We are partners for Oracle and SAP and there are a lot of customers who are using Oracle Taleo as a cloud solution from our side.

I believe that Taleo has been in the market for the past 20 years or more, and was a separate company before being acquired by Oracle. In general, Taleo was first and foremost used for recruiting, onboarding, and then performance management and goal management. Later, they acquired Taleo Learn and they now also have a learning management application under Taleo's umbrella. However, lately they are moving more to ORC (Oracle Recruiting Cloud).

Taleo's user base differs from client to client, but most organizations have around 3,000 users. Oracle Taleo also has a Business Edition module, so customers have an option here. With a large user base, organizations can go with the Enterprise Edition, or if there aren't that many users, they can go with Taleo Business Edition.

What is most valuable?

The most usable and well-known feature is Oracle's recruiting module for Taleo. Performance and goal management are good to have, based on certain client requirements where the user base isn't too large, but the most workable domain of Taleo is the recruiting module.

What needs improvement?

Currently I think Oracle is more inclined towards investing in ORC, which is the Oracle Recruiting Cloud application. In terms of Oracle Taleo as a product, there are a lot of things which can be developed; most feedback which I have heard from customers is about the dashboard and the home page, both of which are quite basic. It is not very user-friendly yet, and they do not have visibility.

HR people are more inclined towards the graphical representation of how recruiting is going on within their organization, so that is not something which Oracle should be avoiding.

It has been around 13 years that we've been working with Taleo.

Benefits Administration
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Workday, IBM and others in Benefits Administration. Updated: November 2022.
655,465 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is quite a stable product.

It satisfies my definition of scalable.

Oracle support is quite good. From what I've seen in the last few years, I think Oracle support is far better than SAP support, for instance.

The setup is not complicated as such. From a user perspective, it's not complicated and, in fact, is quite user-friendly. Even for the implementer, it is quite easy to configure.

The implementation time naturally depends upon the requirements, but at a minimum, we can implement recruiting and onboarding with Oracle in 45 days. If you have more of a management workflow, there's also a lot of a customization there. And if you have customized Java applications, those areas need to be developed and it may take more time. But overall, in it can be configured and delivered to customers in 45 days.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend Taleo for recruiting and onboarding and I would rate it an eight out of ten.

HR Supervisor at a construction company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Reliable, good for sourcing candidates and but there are functional issues
  • "The solution is stable and reliable."
  • "There are always going to be little caveats here and there that you might not have known about as far as changes are concerned, however, it's not business-oriented to the point where the business shuts down."

What is our primary use case?

In my prior job, I used Taleo for recruiting purposes only. Now, in my current job, we are doing the onboarding transition aspects. We weren't doing that at my prior job.

What is most valuable?

It has allowed us to be able to source candidates, have them apply for the job, or put in applications online. All of our onboarding is done via the web as well. It makes everything easy.

The solution is stable and reliable.

What needs improvement?

There are functional issues based on the system that we're currently using. This has nothing to do with Taleo.

There are always going to be little caveats here and there that you might not have known about as far as changes are concerned, however, it's not business-oriented to the point where the business shuts down. It's just modifications that we have to do on a functional basis.

Under my current company, I have had experience with the solution for three and a half years.

The solution is stable and the performance is good. It does not crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It's reliable.

I can't speak to scalability. it's not in my area of expertise.

If we have any issues, we typically turn to our IT department. I've never directly dealt with Taleo, and therefore cannot speak to how their services are.

I've used other sources, however, I've never used an onboarding tool. I know there are many of them out there, for example, Paycom. There's Paychex as well. However, we're mainly using this product for recruiting purposes.

As far as the setup goes, I'm not sure how everything works. We've done some upgrades and stuff, and we've gone through regression testing. However, I don't directly handle any of the setup processes.

We have about four people involved in any update that we do. We have a couple of regression testers and the technical source to make sure the upgrade gets processed, the test groups are done, and all that good stuff.

I wasn't involved in the pricing at all. I have no idea if it is priced high or low.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users.

I would advise new users to just make sure that they understand their functional roles and make sure it mirrors what they need from Taleo and Oracle.

I'd rate the solution a seven out of ten.

Benefits Administration
November 2022
655,465 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Human Resources Manager at a legal firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Fair pricing, good cloud options, and helpful technical support
  • "The solution offers good benefits for administrators."
  • "It's hard to share access with other people right now. If you try it will not work. They should do something that improves the ability to share everything."

What is our primary use case?

Our company typically uses Taleo at its human resource core. I use their PeopleSoft and use functions from other tools as well - such as Workday. Generally, I really rely on PeopleSoft.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers good benefits for administrators.

The solution allows for various options using the cloud. It can store data easier and you can access it at any time.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if we could integrate the solution with Olympia. It would be helpful if we could add another support desk for an IT person. It would be great if the product was more interdisciplinary and could include IT.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is pretty stable. Any bugs are generally dealt with quickly. It's a pretty reliable solution.

We haven't had issues with the scalability. We're on the enterprise edition and it seems to meet our needs.

I've been in touch with technical support in the past. They've been good. We haven't had any issues with the level of help we receive. We're satisfied with the level of service they provide.

I also use Workday and find it to be a much better product. I'd choose it over Taleo if I had to.

I don't have any insights into the initial setup. I'm unsure as to if it was straightforward or complex.

The pricing is reasonable. We have the enterprise edition for our company, and it's fairly priced.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

I actually prefer a different product, Workday. I would recommend that instead of Taleo.

That said, on a scale from one to ten, I'd still rate Taleo at a nine.

Prasan Edirisinghe - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Architect-Technology at Virtusa Global
MSP
Provides good integration capabilities but lacking systems that we need
  • "Good integration capabilities and extensibility."
  • "Lacks some systems that we need."

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Oracle and I'm an associate architect, technology.

What is most valuable?

We use Taleo mainly for recruitment. The solution has good integration capabilities and extensibility, and there's the standard integration between Fusion and Taleo as well as the validations that can be done on top of Taleo.

What needs improvement?

Taleo doesn't really provide us with the systems that we need. There are a few areas that they don't cover.

I've been using this solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

Our main difficulties came as a result of scalability issues. We're not able to do much page personalization and when it comes to adding validations, we're unable to do that.

Oracle support is fairly good, we get decent responses to all of our queries.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is a little complex and took us longer than expected, close to three weeks.

Licensing fees are paid annually.

What other advice do I have?

If the customer has already implemented Fusion, I'd recommend going for ORC as a stand-alone product.

I rate this solution six out of 10.