IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Okta Customer Identity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Okta Customer Identity is #7 ranked solution in top Customer Identity and Access Management tools. PeerSpot users give Okta Customer Identity an average rating of 10 out of 10. Okta Customer Identity is most commonly compared to Auth0: Okta Customer Identity vs Auth0. Okta Customer Identity is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 53% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 49% of all views.

Download the Customer Identity and Access Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Okta Customer Identity?

Okta Customer Identity is an identity service that enables frictionless experience, speed-to-market, centralized management, and internet-scale security. Okta Customer Identity is developer friendly and secure with minimal custom code.

Okta Customer Identity Customers
FedEx, Adobe, National Geographic, Tyson, Hewlett Packard Enterprise

Archived Okta Customer Identity Reviews (more than two years old)

AmitSingh2 - PeerSpot reviewer
Microsoft Azure Engineer at Sycomp
Straightforward to set up, good technical support, and the pass-through authentication is very useful
  • "There is no password hash saved on the cloud, which is the part that I like the most."
  • "I would like to see the provisioning simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for access management and user provisioning. We are also using it for user and group synchronization and as a password for authentication.

What is most valuable?

The pass-through authentication is very useful. You don't have to set up another ADFS. Instead, you can just authenticate your resources for services from the cloud to AD on-premises through the pass-through authentication. There is no password hash saved on the cloud, which is the part that I like the most. The functioning of Azure AD Connect for both user and group synchronization is very smooth.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the provisioning simplified. When it comes to certain tasks, such as where it is activated on-premises, Azure AD is simpler than Okta. SSO functionality needs better client support.

I have been working with Okta Customer Identity for two years.
Customer Identity and Access Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Okta, Auth0, SecureAuth and others in Customer Identity and Access Management. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have had no issues with respect to stability.

The scalability is good.

I have been in touch with the technical support from Okta and they are very good. They answered my questions quickly and supported me very well.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Once we started, we received help from the Microsoft team and it was really good. We were able to complete the installation easily.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
AlessandroPiana - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Security Architect South Europe at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good access management that includes passwordless biometric support
  • "The most valuable feature of this solution for most customers is access management."
  • "This solution would be improved by adding biometrics features."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for access management, multi-integration, and passwordless access.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution for most customers is access management.

There are also some different views on Biometrics.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved by adding more biometrics features. One example is Cyberside Biometrics.

The technical support is good but needs to improve in their response time.

In the next release, I would like to see biometrics, multi-factor authentication, and to rely more on the mobile or something different on CyberSide.

I have been using this solution for one year.

Normally we deploy it on public Cloud, so it should be scalable.

I have been told that it's quite easy to integrate on Cloud. The scalability then depends on the third-party Cloud provider.

Our latest customers have over two hundred thousand users in a medium-sized company.

The technical support is good but not very responsive regarding my needs in getting details. They are difficult to reach and to get them involved.

I was not a part of the initial setup, but the feedback that I received was that the initial setup was quite straightforward.

Normally we do the implementation ourselves. We are one of the largest integrators worldwide.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is to be aware of their current infrastructure.

The integration points have to be very clear to the customer to facilitate the main integration. Otherwise, it makes things very complex.

Hybrid Cloud
Customer Identity and Access Management
June 2022
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Technical Specialist at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Provides easy-to-use self-service password reset as well as SSO and MFA

What is our primary use case?

We use Okta for single sign-on (SSO) of multiple applications, access management, and multi-factor authentication (MFA).

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to implementing Okta for our environment, we had our users (15,000-plus) contact the Service Desk to reset their passwords if forgotten or they were locked out. Even though we had a self-service password reset solution in place, it was not user-friendly and effective. Particularly, in the case of a lockout, you could not log in to the computer to use the self-service solution and had no other option than to call the Service Desk team.

However, once we implemented the self-service password reset (SSPR) through Okta, we directed the users to use it themselves and everyone found it easy. Also, Okta, being a cloud-based web solution, you can log in from anywhere, anytime with a device that has internet access. It became a simple process and, obviously, the number of calls to the Service Desk came down drastically, reducing our man-hours and cutting costs. This was a big money saver, which was much appreciated by our clients.

What is most valuable?

The Single Sign-On and MFA features are most valuable.

What needs improvement?

The Identity Management part can be improved a bit.

Three to five years.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

I would give tech support a 10 out of 10. They are really awesome. Even for a free/demo account, if you raise a case they are very fast to respond and their support options are excellent.

CA SiteMinder. Our client decided to switch to a cloud-based IAM solution instead of an on-prem solution.

Setup is not at all complicated. It is as simple as watching the instruction videos for setup and then doing it yourself.

Pricing might be high, but it comes down when the number of people using the product goes up. Check Okta's website for exact pricing or contact their sales team for exact figures.

We did evaluate SailPoint, SecureAuth, and ForgeRock and finally decided to go with Okta because of its user-friendly environment, high stability, and ease of implementation.

What other advice do I have?

If you are not concerned by the cost and are looking for a secure IAM solution with great stability and excellent support, then go for it.