TeamViewer Remote Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

TeamViewer Remote Management is the #5 ranked solution in top Remote Monitoring and Management Software. PeerSpot users give TeamViewer Remote Management an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. TeamViewer Remote Management is most commonly compared to Datto Remote Monitoring and Management: TeamViewer Remote Management vs Datto Remote Monitoring and Management. TeamViewer Remote Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 42% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
TeamViewer Remote Management Buyer's Guide

Download the TeamViewer Remote Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is TeamViewer Remote Management?

Enhance your TeamViewer experience and take your IT management to the next level. TeamViewer Remote Management provides you with an integrated RMM solutions that will allow you to gain a high degree of visibility into your IT infrastructure. Monitor business critical aspects of your IT, centralize important device information without relying on end-user input, detect and patch software vulnerabilities, and protect your devices against external threats and human error – Completely integrated in to your TeamViewer environment.

TeamViewer Remote Management Customers

Carey Paul Honda

TeamViewer Remote Management Video

TeamViewer Remote Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about TeamViewer Remote Management pricing:
  • "My company uses the free version of TeamViewer Remote Management."
  • "It is a licensed product."
  • "Its price is a little high as compared to other solutions."
  • TeamViewer Remote Management Reviews

David Fitzerman - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Alchemist/ IT Operations Manager at DFC International Computing
    Efficiently accesses other end-points
    • "I've left Splashtop running for seven or eight hours connected to a system. I've left TeamViewer running for seven or eight hours to a connection or two. I have a hard time working out on four computers at a time, but three is not impossible for me. So even if I've had three computers connected it has been fairly stable."
    • "If you have one version, like if you have version 14, and the client has version 15, you can't access his computer. If the client is on 14 and the technician is on 15, he can't access the end user who's at home. So there's a disparity in versioning."

How has it helped my organization?

In the last 12 months we actually made a decision to go away from TeamViewer. Part of it has to do with the fact that TeamViewer is very expensive.

What we find as a small business owner is that TeamViewer seems to be one of the more expensive products there are for remote management.

What is most valuable?

The problem is the valuable features don't come with the free version, they come with the paid version. The valuable features are being able to boot a remote computer into safe mode, being able to reboot the computer and to reconnect again, file transfers is not the most important thing in the world, although some people think it is, but it's not.

We've been using TeamViewer Remote Management on and off for four to five years.

Almost every product is very, very stable now. I've left Splashtop running for seven or eight hours connected to a system. I've left TeamViewer running for seven or eight hours to a connection or two. I have a hard time working out on four computers at a time, but three is not impossible for me. So even if I've had three computers connected it has been fairly stable.

TeamViewer Remote Management
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about TeamViewer Remote Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I don't think that's really a relevant question. Scalability. It's not a database, you're not running a database. You're running remote access. You're either RDPing or you're actually going into another computer, so how many computers can you go into? Some of the products are scalable, in that you can have an enterprise version where you can have 10 technicians accessing 100 computers.

LogMeIn or Citrix, or any of the other ones, or even Splashtop, has the same thing. I don't run the enterprise version on the one we have, but we have access to many computers. I have more than one technician, so we have more than one technician license, and we have more than 100 computers that are permanently accessed. And they allow you to access ad hoc, as many as you want. We only do that if a client has a problem. I say, "Okay, go to our website, go to this page, click on it and run that program" and that downloads the streamer for the client end, and they give me the numbers and then we can attach.

I've never had to use tech support for any product.

We've used TeamViewer and a whole bunch of other products. I've been in this business for a long time. We've seen some come and go in the remote access field. We used to use OS/2 for doing this, as a matter of fact. So that goes back a long way, we're talking about the nineties, so over 20 years.

We had been using two products. We used TeamViewer and we used Splashtop.

We use Splashtop now. I'm into four workstations right now. When I was talking with you earlier, I was in nine different stations, nine different systems on one network. But we have used a bunch of different products. When Windows 10 came out, we found that the product that we were using then wasn't as good and TeamViewer had become better. It was a pretty good product, but it always tended to be a Cadillac in pricing. And the pricing model they have now seems to be expensive to use from last time I checked. Small users don't want to pay the kind of money, or can't afford the kind of money, that they were charging.

As a matter of fact, one of my clients is a single user. He wants to access a single computer. He doesn't need 15 technicians or one technician or to be able to access a whole bunch. He wants a one-to-one solution. TeamViewer doesn't really offer that. They offer the free one, but every time they make a change on the free one, you have to update both ends.

Sometimes you don't have the opportunity of being on site to be able to update it. Now they have changed that so that you can update it remotely, but you have to be able to connect first to do that. And then you're in the stage of where you're always trying to remember what version is at what client. Or if it's a one-to-one what version is there.

When the pandemic hit last year, they took the time limit off. So they gave relief to a lot of people to be able to use it. But at some point they changed it again and they put the time limit back on and they charged for it. And then if you have one version, like if you have version 14, and the client has version 15, you can't access his computer. If the client is on 14 and the technician is on 15, he can't access the end user who's at home.

So there's a disparity in versioning.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of advice, it really depends what you're using it for. TeamViewer can be from about $20 a month to $200 or $500 a month depending on how many managed devices and how many unmanaged devices there are. TeamViewer has gone to a monthly subscription rate, so you have to get it monthly. Although I think Splashtops is the same way. There are some products out there that you can buy a license for and have permanent software. The problem with that is that you don't get updates. What I see when comparing one versus the other, is that TeamViewer for small users is more expensive than some of the other ones. It maybe has some better performance or better features, but it probably depends if you're on a good internet. I'm on a rural internet so I don't have the benefits of having one gigabit download and upload and speeds. Most of my clients have a minimum of 60 megabits per second synchronous connections or fiber connections.

Because most of my clients, 99.5% of my clients, are in major centers like Toronto, Montreal, Washington, New York, Ottawa, Dallas, they don't appear to have issues. The biggest issue is me. Every time there's an upgrade to the pipe, we jump on it. I'm not in an industry that can survive at five Meg or 10 Meg a second any longer, although I feel like I get that still with what I have.

It depends on the size. You have to decide how many end points you need to manage? How many technicians do you have to manage those end points? Are you managing from within a ticketing package? Do you need your ticketing package to integrate with your remote management packaging?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give TeamViewer Remote Management an eight.

IT Network & System Administrator at Al asab
    Has chat and meeting features, and works on some servers that have application incompatibility, but lacks some features, and the security in terms of transferring data also needs improvement
    • "What I like about TeamViewer Remote Management is the chat feature on the dashboard, which is very useful. The solution also has a meeting feature, but I don't use that. The remote feature and other features of TeamViewer Remote Management also work fine, so it's a good solution."
    • "The compatibility needs improvement in TeamViewer Remote Management because there's some incompatibility in some versions of the solution. Some solutions require the higher-performing version of TeamViewer Remote Management. Otherwise, there's incompatibility. The security provided by TeamViewer Remote Management in terms of data transfer also needs improvement. I'd like to see more features in the next release of TeamViewer Remote Management because it's still lacking in features. It would also be good for TeamViewer Remote Management to have a built-in remoting program similar to what Itarian has."

What is our primary use case?

In my company, the use case for TeamViewer Remote Management is for remote support only.

How has it helped my organization?

In some cases, TeamViewer Remote Management has improved the organization I belong to, especially for servers that have incompatibility with remote applications because my team uses TeamViewer Remote Management on incompatible servers.

What is most valuable?

What I like about TeamViewer Remote Management is the chat feature on the dashboard, which is very useful. The solution also has a meeting feature, but I don't use that.

The remote feature and other features of TeamViewer Remote Management also work fine, so it's a good solution.

What needs improvement?

The security provided by TeamViewer Remote Management in terms of data transfer also needs improvement.

I'd like to see more features in the next release of TeamViewer Remote Management because it's still lacking in features. It would also be good for TeamViewer Remote Management to have a built-in remoting program similar to what Itarian has.

TeamViewer Remote Management has been in my company for five years, but I don't use it all the time.

TeamViewer Remote Management is good, stability-wise.

Scalability-wise, TeamViewer Remote Management isn't that good.

I've never contacted the support team for TeamViewer Remote Management.

The initial setup for TeamViewer Remote Management was easy. It's just a matter of downloading, so it was quick to deploy.

End users can install TeamViewer Remote Management, so it doesn't require a consultant or assistance from the TeamViewer team to implement successfully.

My company uses the free version of TeamViewer Remote Management.

Apart from TeamViewer Remote Management, we're using the free version of Zendesk. We're also using Itarian, which has more features than TeamViewer Remote Management. Itarian is a good solution with basic features also found in TeamViewer Remote Management. I also heard from Itarian that it has a built-in program for remoting. It would be good if TeamViewer Remote Management also had that built-in remoting program.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using TeamViewer Remote Management, but not as much as other solutions, though some people prefer to use it more within my company.

I'm using the latest version of TeamViewer Remote Management.

Only a few people work on TeamViewer Remote Management within the company, particularly ten people. The solution isn't used that much.

I can easily do deployment and maintenance for TeamViewer Remote Management from the dashboard.

My company doesn't have plans to increase the usage of TeamViewer Remote Management and is now using a different application for remote support more often versus TeamViewer Remote Management. My team needs full remote support plus more security when transferring data, so TeamViewer Remote Management isn't the best solution for the company.

I advise anyone looking into using TeamViewer Remote Management to install the latest version to get good support. I don't see any issue regarding the remote support feature of TeamViewer Remote Management. It's just that the solution only has a few features, so it's lacking, feature-wise.

Overall, I'm rating TeamViewer Remote Management a seven out of ten. For remote support, it's an eight, but because it's still lacking feature-wise, I'm giving it a seven.

My company is a customer of TeamViewer Remote Management.

TeamViewer Remote Management
    November 2022
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Software Analyst at Altron
    A solution that is easy to set up, but has much room for improvement in its compatibility between different versions
    • "The solution is easy to set up."
    • "There are some challenges with compatibility."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution for remote server installations and troubleshooting. I run it on our side, and the customer runs it on their side and gives us the ID and password. Then I log on, and I'm on the server that I need to set up or the machine that I need to troubleshoot.

What needs improvement?

TeamViewer is okay, but there are some challenges with compatibility. You can get the free commercial edition or the enterprise license edition and it sort of limits you between levels of operating systems. For example, if you're using it on a server from Windows 10, the solution will start complaining if on the one end you're using a commercial edition and the other end you're using the enterprise license. That is kind of irritating and it puts analysts off from using it.

I'm located in Cape Town and say I have a customer in Ethiopia and I need to use TeamViewer to do troubleshooting. The customer starts up their TeamViewer in Ethiopia, I start up my TeamViewer, and I can see the servers, fix them, or go into their database.

Now, imagine they have the free edition of TeamViewer and I have the commercial edition. If the product were scalable, I would be able to grow and change the license and things would keep on working. However, as it is right now, the solution won't work and it's going to disconnect me every five or ten minutes because we do not have the same type of license.

With AnyDesk, you don't have those compatibility problems. It just works smoother, and there's less interruptions and disconnections. When the customer is happy to use AnyDesk, I use AnyDesk. We cover about 20+ countries across the African continent and islands in the Indian Ocean, and the majority of them prefer AnyDesk. Some of them don't know about it at first, but once we tell them about it they try it and dump TeamViewer from there and just continue using AnyDesk.

I have used this solution for more than ten years.

I don't think the scalability is that great. With scalability, you have to consider compatibility. You can download the free version of TeamViewer and use it, but if the other person that you're connecting to is using a commercial license, then it becomes very disruptive. That makes scalability null and void because you cannot have scalability without compatibility. Since the compatibility is not great, you cannot rate the scalability in any fair form.

I would say approximately five to ten people in our company use this solution.

The solution is easy to set up.

You don't need a consultant for this solution. It can be deployed in literally a few seconds.

There's a free version of TeamViewer and a commercial version.

I prefer to use AnyDesk. I actually uninstalled TeamViewer. I only install it again if a customer only accepts TeamViewer and doesn't want to use AnyDesk, but most customers are more and more open to AnyDesk, which I think works smoother. We're using AnyDesk more than TeamViewer.

What other advice do I have?

I would not recommend this solution to people who are considering it. I would rate it as a five out of ten.

Chinthaka Kannangara - PeerSpot reviewer
    Network System Engineer at VSIS
    User-friendly, simple to set up and great for remote troubleshooting
    • "The stability seems to be pretty good so far."
    • "I'm not sure if the security is ideal. They could work to improve it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote monitoring and helping clients.

If you need to get direct access to a customer's machine, we can make a direct connection using this solution. We can connect developers and engineers at the site for easy remote troubleshooting. We have customer support as well and can connect to clients directly using this or AnyDesk.

What is most valuable?

I like that we can get a remote desktop view and even we can get even full control over remote machines for communication and troubleshooting. We can make calls or chat over the applications. These aspects are all quite helpful.

The stability seems to be pretty good so far.

It's very user-friendly. It's not complex to navigate.

The initial setup is simple.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if the security is ideal. They could work to improve it. I've heard that it does not meet the compliance for use in the financial industry within our region. Here, central banks advise all the financial services and banks to use the remote monitoring tool which meets their compliance parameters, and this product does not do that. It's not allowed to use in banking environments.

We've used the solution for four or five years.

The stability is good. Aside from some compliance issues in certain sectors, we've never had issues. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution doesn't really offer scalability, however, it isn't really designed to be. We mostly use it to get connect peer-to-peer or one-to-one. I haven't come across any use cases for scalability or any expansions.

We have 30 to 35 users on the solution currently, that use it in our business. We likely will not increase usage, as we only have 40 or so engineers, and everyone who needs access has it.

The solution really is very straightforward. Therefore, there hasn't really been a need to reach out to technical support. Having never dealt with them, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they would be.

We didn't really use anything prior to this solution, however, we have used TeamMeet and AnyDesk and I also have used Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.

The initial setup is very simple, very straightforward. It took like three minutes to deploy. You just download and just go next, next, next.

We didn't need any assistance. We might help our clients set it up to gain access, however, it's not a difficult process.

There may be a license you need to pay, however, if someone is asking to connect to your machine, as a person getting service, you do not need to purchase a license in order to have TeamViewer on your machine for remote assistance.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Account Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Secure, user-friendly, and compatible with any platform
    • "The most valuable feature of this solution is Remote Access."
    • "I would like to see better pricing, more customization, and increased automation."

What is our primary use case?

We use TeamViewer Remote Management for remote access.

If you have a problem with your computer, you can use remote access to resolve it. These are the circumstances, that we use TeamViewer Remote Management.

We get very little, which is used by our internal teams, our IT teams. We don't use it for anything else. It's only office workers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is Remote Access.

You can take control of the computer, walk through the process, resolve any issues, and let the other person know how you have fixed the problem.

It is secure.

I am not sure how much more user-friendly it can be as it is a small application.

Antivirus is included, and it is set up with a firewall.

I feel that it is a secure application to work with any platform.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better pricing, more customization, and increased automation.

I have been working with TeamViewer Remote Management from the time that I joined the company. It has been two years.

We are working with the latest version. Everything has been updated to the latest version.

TeamViewer Remote Management is a stable solution.

TeamViewer Remote Management is a scalable product.

Technical support is available. They work remotely.

I have used Microsoft Office.

TFS was present. I have used it. It was installed on the server to be used by everyone throughout the company.

Depending on how much time I spend in the organization. I have been working with TFS for approximately 10 years.

TFS can be deployed both on the Cloud and on-premises.

I am working in HR, not in the IT department.

We work with a company's proprietary CRM.

The initial setup is straightforward.

I am not sure how long the deployment took, as it was all pre-installed when I arrived.

It is a licensed product.

Because it is a licensed product, companies can decide whether you are marketing or selling it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I am happy with the product, I would rate TeamViewer Remote Management an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Systems Intern at a insurance company with 501-1,000 employees
    Good stability, easy to install, and useful for connecting to remote clients who are not on the VPN and doing direct file transfers
    • "We are able to connect to clients who are currently not connected to the VPN, and we are also able to do direct file transfers between the technician and the client."
    • "The price point would probably be an area of improvement with the number of competitors out there offering similar features. TeamViewer usually comes in a little high as compared to other solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to connect with remote clients who are not on the VPN. We are using TeamViewer 10, which is fairly old.

What is most valuable?

We are able to connect to clients who are currently not connected to the VPN, and we are also able to do direct file transfers between the technician and the client.

What needs improvement?

The price point would probably be an area of improvement with the number of competitors out there offering similar features. TeamViewer usually comes in a little high as compared to other solutions.

I have been using this solution for about three years.

Its stability is pretty good. The TeamViewer 10 servers are starting to be pulled offline because they are being deprecated. We'll definitely be moving on from it. Our security team has asked us to pivot away from it. Other than that, we haven't had any issues.

With this solution, you'll only have a specified number of seats that you can use at any given time. We usually have about two technicians who use it on and off every day. We tend to run out of seats when there are a lot of issues, and technicians are using it frequently with other clients.

For getting connected to remote people who are off the network, this is the only solution that we've used. On the network, we use Microsoft Configuration Manager to have remote sessions on people's computers.

The main difference between TeamViewer and other solutions, such as LogMeIn, is the pricing. They also differ in terms of particular programs for which they are certified, such as HIPAA, SOC 2, etc.

Its installation is fairly straightforward. If the quick support application is already installed, clients just have to open that up, enter in a few numbers, and they're good to go. In terms of installing it onto a client device, we can direct them to a URL to get that installed, and it is not super difficult.

Its price is a little high as compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My personal opinion of it is pretty high. I would rate TeamViewer Remote Management a nine out of ten.

IT Manager at a non-profit with 11-50 employees
    Easy to set up and quick to deploy but the licensing needs to be more flexible
    • "It's considered a trusted application."
    • "The solution is a bit expensive. It could be cheaper."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remote user support. We have users across the country, in every city. We give them support through this tool. If they need help, we connect and help them. That's the service that we bring to our customers.

What is most valuable?

This solution is preferred by some of our customers. Although we do have AnyDesk, there are some clients that specifically only permit TeamViewer for being contacted remotely. They trust in this tool. It's considered a trusted application.

The setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

The licensing model is restrictive. Even when you have already a license, you connect from other devices and it is kind of complicated to use the tool. They could be flexible a little more with the licensing model. Even if you have a license, it's hard to use it.

The solution is a bit expensive. It could be cheaper.

We've been using the solution for three years at this point.

The solution is very stable. there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The product is quite scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

We did call technical support once and they were very helpful and responsive.

We no longer use TeamViewer intensively as we have AnyDesk from Google now and it's free.

The initial setup is pretty simple and straightforward. It's not a complex process at all.

Deployment is fast. It only takes 20 minutes or so.

The price of the solution is a bit high.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers and end-users.

We are a small company. We're just 20 people, therefore, our solutions are very so-ho - the kind of small office, home office kinds of equipment.

I'd recommend the solution. In general, it's a good tool for remoting support.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the pricing and licensing were a bit better.

Principal Owner at a consultancy with self employed
    Issue-free with good pricing and a straightforward setup
    • "There are some great features."
    • "Integration with other tools would be great."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for the whole company's remote monitoring queue.

What is most valuable?

The pricing is the most valuable aspect of the solution.

There are some great features.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The product is quite stable. We haven't had any issues so far.

What needs improvement?

Integration with other tools would be great. That would always be a bonus.

I have not used the solution for that long. I've probably used it for maybe a couple of months.

The stability seems very good. there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

While it's always nice to have scalability, I'm not sure exactly what this is capable of. I haven't really attempted to scale it.

I didn't directly deal with technical support myself. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are.

We find the initial setup to be quite straightforward and simple. It's not difficult or complex. A company shouldn't have any issues with the process.

I wasn't fully involved in the process. I can't speak to exactly how long the deployment took.

We have a few IT personnel on staff that can handle deployment and maintenance.

Our IT basically handled the process. We did not need an integrator or consultant.

The pricing of the solution is very reasonable. That said, I can't speak to the exact costs that our company has to deal with. Procurement handles that.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user.

I likely use the most recent version of the solution.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We are pretty satisfied with the product overall.