IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Microsoft Teams OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Teams is #2 ranked solution in top Enterprise Social Software. PeerSpot users give Microsoft Teams an average rating of 8 out of 10. Microsoft Teams is most commonly compared to Atlassian Confluence: Microsoft Teams vs Atlassian Confluence. Microsoft Teams is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
Microsoft Teams Buyer's Guide

Download the Microsoft Teams Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Microsoft Teams?

At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our mission is grounded in both the world in which we live and the future we strive to create. Today, we live in a mobile-first, cloud-first world, and the transformation we are driving across our businesses is designed to enable Microsoft and our customers to thrive in this world.

We do business in 170 countries and are made up of 114,000 passionate employees dedicated to fulfilling our mission of helping you and your organization achieve more.

Microsoft Teams was previously known as MS Teams.

Microsoft Teams Customers
Honeywll, AIRFRANCE, AccuWeather, Lilly
Microsoft Teams Video

Microsoft Teams Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft Teams pricing:
  • "The pricing for Teams is very competitive."
  • "We are using the free version of the solutions."
  • "It is affordable because it also includes the licenses on Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office and SharePoint."
  • Microsoft Teams Reviews

Tom Brouillette - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Principal Consultant at NCS Partners
    Continuous stream of significant improvements Simple conferencing, seamless integration with Outlook and easy to use on mobile devices
    • "This solution is great for ad hoc video conferencing. It's so easy to start a meeting."
    • "The solution should standardize the options across platforms. What I mean by that is, sometimes, on the mobile, there are not the same options and set up features and functions as are available on the web or on the desktop app. Everything should have the exact same functionality, otherwise, it's difficult if some people are on mobile and others are on desktop."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for team conversations. For example, I use it for filing team documents, although, for individual notes and things of that nature, I might use OneNote. I'm using it more and more now for video conferencing within the organization. I haven't really used it too much outside of the organization, although my plan is to use it outside of the company in the near future. Began using for team documents and plans.   Teams provides a strong capability to consolidate all collaborative capabilities related to a team in one platform.  This is especially important for project teams where the team members are spread across geographic locations and time zones.  Incorporates improve and new collaborative tools such as Lists, Plans, Tasks into the tool that integrate into Outlook for notification and response to the assignements.  These capabilities are truly game changing in project management and delivery in the COVID-19 world

How has it helped my organization?

In the past three months of continuous improvements the tools have improved and simplified collaborative efforts dramatically This solution is great for ad hoc video conferencing. It's so easy to start a meeting. We're finding more and more uses for the Teams video conferencing features. I'll be honest, it's a bit of a challenge for people to use the video aspect. The tendency for people is to not turn on their camera because they don't like the way they look or they're not able to sit in their pajamas during meetings if there's video involved. However, it's been a game-changer since the pandemic as it allows us to keep in touch with our teams remotely.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft has delivered integrated tools and collaborative capabilities that continue to strengthen and bring great value to Teams.  This positions Teams as the collaborative tool that will soon become the standard in the market for capabilities.  The document and plans/assignment improvements are game changes from a simplicity and functionality perspective. I really like the video conferencing, and the reason is because of the simplicity of scheduling and using the software. Since I'm using Outlook for my email and calendar management, and it's connected with everything. It's just a click of a button to schedule a meeting, and then, to activate or to start the meeting, it's just another click of a button. Everything is streamlined and simple.  The seamless integration and easy coordination with mobile devices is a wonderful aspect of the solution. It's great that, even if I'm not at my desk, I can still attend the Teams video conference and interact in the same way that I would if I were at my desktop. There's an option to blur the background or to completely change your background. That's very helpful as we now use the solution to replace stand-up meetings. It removes background distractions for other users and allows participants to have a bit of privacy. I have a regular meeting with a couple of people on my team, and normally, we would meet at somebody's desk or in an office or in the conference room. With Teams, we can all attend, and all see each other and we can have the same outcome as we would if we were all in the same room. While digital meetings as opposed to in-person meetings takes a bit of time to get used to, the learning curve is short because of the seamless integration.

What needs improvement?

What would really help is extending the time that you're active on the mobile device because I can't find a way in Teams to restart the app automatically. For instance, in Teams, we use it as an organization for instant messaging and for text messaging. The problem is if I restart my mobile device, I have to remember to restart Teams in order to get the text messages on my device. It's not automatic. The solution should standardize the options across platforms. What I mean by that is, sometimes, on the mobile, there are not the same options and set up features and functions as are available on the web or on the desktop app. Everything should have the exact same functionality, otherwise, it's difficult if some people are on mobile and others are on desktop.
    Microsoft Teams
    June 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Teams. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
    608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using the solution for year now.

I haven't run into a problem with stability and I have not experienced any crashes, bugs, or glitches in the Teams App. You must remember this is a web app though.  Any performance or stability issues that I have experienced were related to Internet service issues and not the Teams App.

I haven't run into a problem with the scalability of the solution. I've used it at my last job with teams that are as small as 15 people and the thing that's nice about it is that I can be part of a dozen teams and it easily maintains the communication to all the teams separately so conversations stay organized. We're business consultants, and, right now, there are about a dozen of us using it. The consultants are located in different geographic areas of the US, and there are even people working in India that are using Teams. Geographically, the solution expands to make communication possible anywhere. The organization I work with now, as I understand it, has plans for increasing usage. Right now, it's rather limited in terms of who is using it. Maybe 20% of the people on staff are and there's about a hundred people on staff in total. 20% of those people using Teams in a relatively limited way. Frankly, I'm trying to encourage people to use Teams and drop other video conferencing tools.

I don't know how technical support is, to tell the truth. The type of technical troubleshooting I use for Teams is basically just seeking answers on the internet. I typically Google something if I don't understand an aspect of the solution.  There are community boards and that sort of thing. It's worked out pretty well for me. I've never had a crash or a bug though, so I've never had to reach out to technical support to get them to get me back online or to sort out an issue of that nature.

We haven't used a different solution previously. This is the first video conferencing suite we've adopted in the company.

The initial setup is web-based in terms of the style of set up and is very straight forward. I use the web-based setup because I wanted my experience to be the same no matter what device I use. As an example, I can use my work laptop, or my Chromebook or tablet and I have the capabilities to see and interact in the same way. There's an initial challenge though because if people that have the app have it installed on their laptop, for instance, and they're running an application on their device, it has a different look and feel compared to what's on the web version. We have one person to deploy and maintain the solution. It's actually a part-time role. It's one of the consultants who maintain it as part of his other duties. He's in charge of desktop devices and desktop applications.  When a new person needs to be added, he just sets up the laptop and gets everything ready. He also maintains the license. With Microsoft 365, it's pretty straightforward. I just access the Office app or service and it installs directly. I may access the app through the cloud anyhow, so there's really no maintenance to do.

We have an employee in house that maintains the licensing, however, we install the solution ourselves for the most part.

I don't handle the payments for the service. It's not my department.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. We just get the solution from the cloud, so it's always the most up-to-date option. I've noticed, since the pandemic, that, as of maybe three or four months ago, Teams was much more widely accepted in Europe than in North America. I believe this is starting to change.  Recently though (late 2020) this has changed and especially since the roll-out over the summer and fall of improvements in collaborative document, planning and tracking capabilities. I would recommend marketing the tool to people by showing demos of the capabilities for people and actual use cases. If I were trying to bring this into a new company I would ask people what they were doing for communicating with teams, or how they were using text messages, collaboration tools, video conferencing currently, etc., so that I could actually demonstrate how to do that same thing.  There's literally hundreds of text tools, collaboration apps and video conferencing options on the market. The key to a business' success at communication is to ensure the various teams are all on the same platform or using the same tool. That doesn't mean everyone in the company needs to use it the same way. If they're using the same tools, then at least, the base platform is the same and your company can build on that. Rather than Google docs for one thing and Microsoft Teams and, OneDrive, SharePoint, and all of these different tools, you've got to kind of pick a lane. I would rate the solution overall at about an eight out of ten. That's due to the simplicity and ease of use. There are great features available. However, it loses a few points because the setup and the admin capabilities are different across platforms.

Jelle Verbeeck - PeerSpot reviewer
    Proposal Manager at Data Unit NV
    Easy integration with other Microsoft products, very stable, and simple to set up
    • "The integration of online jobs and documents is one of the most valuable aspects of the solution. The ability to integrate tasks and to assign tasks to certain people is great."
    • "I don't like the online version of Word and Excel. It skews the layout. It is no longer representative of the layout that you actually have in a document. You always have to open it in the desktop application to get an accurate representation of how the document will look."

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft Teams is used, in our case, to collaborate with all internal employees, to work on offering some proposals, and to work together online on files in Word and Excel. We largely use it to collaborate online and to have video meetings with customers.

We can integrate SharePoint sites with other people. We have libraries that are available within Teams so that people can sync those libraries to their local drives and therefore will have the most up to date information and documents at their disposal.

What is most valuable?

The integration of online jobs and documents is one of the most valuable aspects of the solution. The ability to integrate tasks and to assign tasks to certain people is great.

What needs improvement?

I'm really waiting for the release of Lists to be included. Lists is a new feature that will probably come into Teams in August. It will be a way of using some sort of database to enter interlinked lists.

If you open a document in Teams, it opens online first. If you have, for instance, an entire image on the front page, that image is descaled to the right and to the bottom. So you have a lot of white space on the page, while in reality, it's pretty nicely aligned. You basically have a borderless page. That's one of the main things that they can improve on. If they had a workaround where you can open it in the desktop apps first, it would be better.

The solution needs to adjust the number of protected channels within a team.

The solution should maybe include breakout rooms within a team meeting. For example, let's say you are with 10 people, within one meeting space. You can have three accounts in separate smaller "meeting rooms" with just two or three people accessing them and still be within the same larger meeting environment. Let's say if you have a team where you have some technical members, some solution architects, a bid manager, a capture manager, an account manager, etc., you should be able to break up a meeting into multiple smaller sessions on certain topics, and yet still stay within the same meeting space.

They should include a visual application also within Teams, so drawings that are made can attach to that space within the proposal with the ability to add Word or Excel files, as well as tasks, etc.

We've been using the solution for two years now. That's well before everyone started using conferencing systems during COVID-19.

It's a stable solution. We haven't had any hiccups. Its been working flawlessly for the two years that I'm using it now.

The solution is easy to scale, however, you need to take into account best practices so that you don't lose oversight on the number of teams that you have.

There are other things that can be improved of in terms of scaling. For the moment, you can have approximately 5,000+ different teams within your Office 365 license. In each team, you can have multiple channels. The number of channels with limited access rights is limited to 256 or 250. If you create a channel where you want to find all your different projects and you have more than 250 customers within one team, you run into issues. Then you have to create separate teams for each customer. In those teams, you have various possibilities on channels. We started using a team, for instance, for customer projects. However, in customer projects, you are limited. It's only on about 25 channels that you can give access rights to certain people. If you are working on the project with company X together for a customer, you don't want them to see another project for another customer with a competing solution. That's the tricky part.

That was a limitation that we encountered with scaling. We changed the approach from having a team customer project to creating teams for each customer where we have projects.

Currently, in our organization, we have 250 employees using Teams. We use it quite extensively every day.

We haven't really reached out to technical support. If we need support, we first reach out to our IT department and they will figure it out on our behalf, or contact Microsoft directly. In my experience, until now, with Office 365, I haven't had any issues. I'm satisfied with the product but I can't speak to any specific experience related to customer service.

We use a bunch of solutions at any given time. We have Cisco Webex, for example. We also have the Mitel My Call app and for some of our customers, we also need to use Zoom and BlueJeans. So we have quite a few solutions that are active.

If you look at just the feature of video conferencing and you look at Zoom and BlueJeans and Microsoft Teams, they're all pretty much alike. It's mainly the integration of everything document-wise and the consistency that I really liked within Microsoft Teams.

Out of all of the other solutions, BlueJeans is the one that I found the least reliable. We had quite a few hiccups where we eventually fell back to Cisco WebEx for video conferencing instead of the BlueJeans solution.

Then we have Zoom, which I have less experience with. It's used by a few vendors with whom we collaborate from time to time. They use Zoom predominantly, so when we conference with them, it's largely through that.

In terms of Cisco WebEx, the thing that I don't like is that if someone invites you for a meeting and you connect to the meeting early, you don't get notified when the meeting actually starts, so you constantly have to reload until the meeting organizer starts the meeting and accepts you. For instance, last week, I went into a Cisco WebEx meeting. I connected two minutes before the actual time that the meeting should have started. I opened the WebEx application and the meeting didn't start. 10 minutes later, I reloaded the application and reconnected to the session and they were already actively meeting. The application didn't notify me when the meeting actually started. That's a big drawback.

The solution is installed by our IT department. In the beginning, we had some issues with assigning rights. Not everybody was able to create a team or to invite people into a team or to share files. However, now they have changed a few things around. There are quite a few people now that can create teams, add members, etc., and you can add external members and there are a few new policies internally about best practices.

I was one of the first parties to implement a solution like Teams. Our company bought a few companies and every company was using different tools as their main resource. The one thing that they all had in common was Microsoft Office 365, and yet they didn't use Teams at that time. I was one of the people asking our organization to implement Teams because my position requires me to have to collaborate with people from all of the different companies that our company bought.

The deployment was done in less than a week. That was due largely due to the availability of our IT staff. Once they began doing the implementation, however, it was done within a few hours. It was activated, rights were assigned, and people with rights could begin working and downloading the team's application on smart devices, on their computers almost right away.

It's as easy as using Skype for a private person. You just download the application and you can start.

What other advice do I have?

I believe we've been using the latest versions of the solution. We use whichever version is pushed out with Office 365.

I would recommend the product. It works with everything. I have an iPad Pro, I have an iPhone, I have my computer. It's installed on all three devices. It works flawlessly.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten, simply because there are a few things the solution still needs to improve upon.

Microsoft Teams
    June 2022
    608,010 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Satish Badrinarayan - PeerSpot reviewer
    Associate Director of Technology at Microland Limited
    Facilitates collaboration through voice and video calls, document sharing, and knowledge management
    • "Microsoft Teams has helped us improve collaboration through the use of chats, as well as conferencing, voice calls, knowledge management, and maintaining a repository."
    • "Microsoft Teams is quite demanding on bandwidth, which has been a problem during the COVID situation because we don't get enterprise-class bandwidth at home."

What is our primary use case?

Primarily we are using Microsoft Teams to facilitate collaboration during events and meetings. All of our meetings are voice and video. We are also using it for document sharing.

We use a file folder structure for maintaining all of our documents. There are version controls for projects that are completed and help to maintain the documentation.

How has it helped my organization?

Microsoft Teams has helped us improve collaboration through the use of chats, as well as conferencing, voice calls, knowledge management, and maintaining a repository. At this time, we spend four or five hours a day communicating using Teams.

What is most valuable?

The main features that we use extensively are voice and video calling. They have improved these features and the improvements are happening continuously.

The other feature that we like is the repository, which is used for knowledge management. It integrates with SharePoint, where we can store and retrieve documents, maintain version control, and collaborate with each other.

I like these aspects of it, but this is a feature-rich product and I am probably not even aware of all the features that it has.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft Teams is quite demanding on bandwidth, which has been a problem during the COVID situation because we don't get enterprise-class bandwidth at home. Currently, we use broadband, and even the little variations that happen can throw you out of a meeting. It seems that you get disconnected really fast.

It takes a long time to load, which is something that could be improved.

Having a dial-in feature would be helpful because it would allow more people to be included in meetings.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for almost two years.

This is an extremely stable product and we use it on a daily basis. Since we have been on the cloud, I haven't seen any failures that have been the fault of the service. As long as our internet is up, it is working.

I don't see scalability as an issue. Initially, we had fewer licenses than we do now. As we expanded, we acquired more licenses and added more team members to the platform.

From what I recall, we started with about 500 licenses and we now have closer to 2,000. Two weeks ago, we had about 700 regular users. Adding users was seamless from our perspective, although you have to make sure that your network is configured properly, otherwise, there may be issues with performance.

I do not speak with Microsoft support directly. When I have a problem, I simply call my support staff.

I have used similar solutions and I wouldn't say that Teams has the best in terms of voice and video calling, although I have seen continuous improvement over time and I am happy with that. For example, we used to only see four people on a video call, and it has been increased to nine. These kinds of improvements are good.

On the other hand, when compared to other collaboration software, it is more bandwidth-intensive and takes longer to load. In general, it is heavier.

Prior to using Teams, we had been using Microsoft Exchange 2013. We migrated to Office 365 two years ago, which includes Teams as part of the package. While we were still using Exchange, we ordered Skype. From my perspective, Teams is much more stable than Skype. I found that if we used Skype in a very small network, for example with three routers, then it would work fine. Otherwise, we had issues with quality and stability.

The initial setup is easy, as most products from Microsoft are. It follows the same idea and is not difficult. We have the E3 subscription, so we are always using the latest version.

When we migrated from our Microsoft Exchange platform to Office 365, we had consultants come in to assist us with that. We also had some guidance from Microsoft.

The pricing for Teams is very competitive.

We did look at a couple of other products as well, including Zoom. Because of issues regarding security with Zoom, we only use it very rarely.

What other advice do I have?

Network performance does impact teams, but Microsoft does give recommendations as to how the internet and network should be set up. If you follow these instructions then there will be fewer problems to fix. Essentially, if you are implementing this product then you need to very clearly understand the network requirements. Tweaking things on the network side is very important.

Overall, this is a very good collaboration product and the only thing stopping me from giving it a perfect grade is the heavy bandwidth usage.

Microsoft Azure
    Associate Vice President - Office of Strategic Management at Sakthi Finance Ltd,
    Good voice clarity and easy to use but needs a better user interface
    • "Organizing a meeting is very simple to do."
    • "It's not as easy to augment your meetings as it is with competitors. For example, in Zoom, if I want to add attendees, I just grab the meeting link and post it to them. With Teams, how to do this is not as clear."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for team meetings. We're still in the process of evaluating the solution, however.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides very clear conferencing, even on mobile devices. The voice clarity is excellent.

Organizing a meeting is very simple to do.

The solution provides for comfortable use. New users are able to navigate it pretty easily.

What needs improvement?

The interface of the solution could use improvement. Right now, the gold standard in terms of team conferencing user interfaces seems to be Zoom. Microsoft Teams should see if they could make their interface and usability as simple as that.

It's not as easy to augment your meetings as it is with competitors. For example, in Zoom, if I want to add attendees, I just grab the meeting link and post it to them. With Teams, how to do this is not as clear.

I'm pretty new to Teams. I've only been using it for the past two months or so.

The stability of the solution is good. The product is reliable in that sense. I haven't experienced crashes. There aren't bugs or glitches that disrupt the user experience.

It's quite easy to scale the solution if you need to. It's possible to add new people into meetings, for example. We haven't had any issues in that sense.

Our IT department is engaging with Microsoft locally. I haven't made contact with technical support personally. As we were offered one free month of service, we're doing some experiments ont he platform.

We are now on Chatter. The entire team is using and Chatter. We have 5,000 Chatter licenses. The entire organization is using it. We are also evaluating Microsoft 365 which includes Teams.

Internally we are using Chatter across the company as of now. We will continue to use Chatter as it is part of our CRM and all the customer and customer service related communication will be through Chatter only. We are planning to use Microsoft Teams as a collaborative platform in the future.

Currently, now the entire communication of the company is between Teams and the corporate office is appraising each solution.

I've used Zoom in the past, as well as WebEx. With Teams, the clarity of the meeting is good, including when you are using it on a wireless device. Zoom, however, has the easiest interface. It's the most popular option currently on the market. Everyone is using Zoom.

WebEx I wouldn't recommend. It takes a lot of bandwidth and is more difficult to use.

The initial setup was a bit complex. I couldn't really follow it very well.

Microsoft offers new users one free month of service, so it's easy to try it out if you want to.

What other advice do I have?

Currently, we're just a customer of Microsoft. We aren't consultants or resellers.

To be honest, everyone is using Zoom these days. The familiarity with that system is higher, and the recommendation for that system is higher.

When I set up Microsoft Teams, people were not very accustomed to how to use it. However, users have found that using it on the laptop is pretty good. Overall the system looks good. That said, when you try to use it on mobile, we've found the bandwidth is higher.

Currently, as a new user, I would rate the solution seven out of ten. If the interface was just a bit better, and it was easier to organize a meeting, I would rate it higher. Generally, it just needs to be tweaked to make it more user friendly.

Although we're not fully subscribed to the solution, I would recommend it to others.

Senior Project Manager - IT Services at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    The collaborative nature of the solution has greatly improved productivity
    • "Multiple channels and tools for recording."
    • "Screen sharing sometimes causes the solution to crash."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution both for our internal team as well as with our customers and suppliers who participate in some meetings. We are a corporate partner of Microsoft and have an integrated package with all the licenses from Microsoft. It includes the majority of products such as Office 365, SharePoint, and Azure. I'm the senior project manager, IT services.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a collaboration tool so in the current situation, the most important thing for us is to be able to continue to run our business in a collaborative manner. Given that nobody is working from the office and there's no way to meet formally to discuss key challenges and discuss work updates, moving to this solution was a good option. Since we started using it, our productivity has increased and we are very coordinated with each team member.

What is most valuable?

I think the video calling and the calling facility are valuable features as well as the ability to create multiple channels and tools so that you can record your information. It's a good solution.

What needs improvement?

One of the issues we have is that sometimes when you're trying to share your screen the solution crashes. The problem occurs quite frequently and it's an issue across multiple users. It's been reported to technical support but there seems to be some bug there. That should really be improved. I haven't experienced any other difficulties.

I'd like to have the ability to increase the number of participants in a meeting as an additional feature. For now, you can only see a maximum of nine people in a single screen. I believe that Zoom enables the ability to see 20 plus people during video conferencing. I'd also like to see a screen sharing option which would include sharing of videos.

I've been using this solution for a year.

It's a stable solution, the only challenge being the screen sharing portion and that the solution sometimes crashes when you share your screen. It's hard to say whether this is a Teams problem or our problem.

I think the system is quite scalable.

I think Microsoft technical support is on point. It's good because I was involved in one of the technical issues we were having and they provided us with good support.

The initial setup was very easy. It's deployed on cloud and you just need to set up your organization based on the kind of access you want to give the user. It's very easy to configure. It's not so complicated that you need specialized resources to maintain the administration part of Microsoft Teams.

What other advice do I have?

My recommendation is that if you look into the majority of the end users who are using laptops or desktop computers, we're predominantly using the Microsoft operating system and the Microsoft Office network. I think it's better to have one common system which is an integrated solution. It makes it much easier for anyone to get the benefit of this solution.

I would like to see some improvements in this solution but I would still rate it a nine out of 10.

Head of Operations at Investrust Bank Plc
    Beneficial calendar invites, high performance, and plenty of features
    • "The most valuable feature of Microsoft Teams is the ability to create Google calendar invites. When I click on that option to create an invite, it will go straight to Google in my web browser, and it creates a meeting folder. I'm able to share it with the customers. I've not seen that option in Zoom. Additionally, the solution has high performance, and the video and quality of the calls are good. It has all the features that I need."
    • "One of my colleagues was trying to use Microsoft Teams on their laptop, and it was slow in terms of booting up when initially starting it. For example, it was not running in the background. In general, it takes some time to load. Zoom tends to have a faster loading time."

What is our primary use case?

We use Microsoft Teams for meetings and other operations, such as raising hands, sharing screens, and sending chat messages.

How has it helped my organization?

Ms Teams has improved our efficiency. Travelling to and from physical meetings takes time due to traffic situations. Besides it improves physical safety because we spend less time on the road.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Microsoft Teams is the ability to create Google calendar invites. When I click on that option to create an invite, it will go straight to Google in my web browser, and will creates the meeting placeholder. I'm then able to share it with other people by entering their email addresses in the provisioned location. I've not seen that option in Zoom. Additionally, the solution has high performance, and the video and quality of the calls are good. It has all the features that I need.

What needs improvement?

If the Ms Teams process is closed, the next time a user attempts to open Teams, it takes a while to load. I'm not 100% certain whether system resources have anything to do with this, but in my experience, when the Ms Teams process is already running, Ms Teams loads quicker. On the other hand, Zoom (and even Google Meet) tend to have a faster loading time.

I have been using Microsoft Teams for approximately three years.

Microsoft Teams is a stable solution.

I have found Microsoft Teams to be scalable for what I have used it for. I have not tested the solution for more than 10 users at one time.

We have approximately four people using this solution in my organization. We use the solutions approximately every two weeks.

I have never needed to contact the Microsoft Teams Technical Support channel. I have not had any problems with the application.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I have previously used other solutions, such as Zoom.

Zoom is a more lightweight solution and is easier to use than Microsoft Teams.

The setup of Microsoft Teams is easy for a technical person like me. But a regular user may have a slight challenge with the process of activating an account on Ms Teams.

The multifactor authentication of Ms Teams can prove to be a challenge for a non-technical person.

I rate the setup of Microsoft Teams a three out of five.

We install Teams in-house.

We are using the free version of the solutions. Zoom gives a time-limit of 40 minutes for more than two attendees and automatically ends the meeting. You'd need to connect back to be able to resume/continue the meeting. The free version of Ms Teams does not seem to have a time limit. At the time I was doing this review, I was on a Teams meeting that had gone beyond 3 hrs 30 mins and it was still going on.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Microsoft Teams an eight out of ten.

MatteoSchirru - PeerSpot reviewer
    C&D Strategy Consultant at Deloitte Risk Advisory
    Enables users to work on the same file with others through file sharing and collaboration; useful for meetings, training, and task management
    • "The feature I like most in Microsoft Teams is the ability to work on the same file with other people, for example, on Microsoft PowerPoint, or Microsoft Excel, without needing to share the file via email."
    • "What I'd like to improve in Microsoft Teams are the calendar management and task management tools, because they're not easy to use. They're not user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

I'm using Microsoft Teams for meetings, training, work, file sharing, and its other features. Working and consulting for Microsoft Teams are my principal roles. The app is my best friend.

What is most valuable?

The feature I like most in Microsoft Teams is the ability to work on the same file with other people, for example, on Microsoft PowerPoint, or Microsoft Excel, without needing to share the file via email. I also like that I can be updated and I can understand the status of work or the status of a task.

What needs improvement?

What I'd like to improve in Microsoft Teams are the calendar management and task management tools, because they're not easy to use. They're not user-friendly. For calendar management, I prefer to use Outlook, for example, I send a calendar or update a meeting through Outlook rather than Microsoft Teams.

An additional feature I'd like to see in the next release of Microsoft Teams is the ability to monitor my working activity, particularly to understand how many hours I spend every day on each task or work I do, for example: on PowerPoint or Excel. I would like a personal dashboard that I can consult to understand where I spent my time during my work journey.

I've been using Microsoft Teams since 2019, so it's three years of usage.

Microsoft Teams is a very stable app. I didn't notice any issue or problem with it, even in the past year, so it's stable for me. I use it every day.

Microsoft Teams is a scalable app.

I don't use Microsoft Teams support because when I have a problem with the app, I just contact the IT department. We have internal support for the app in the company.

I used Skype for Business before switching to Microsoft Teams. I switched because there are several differences between the two apps. The main difference is that Skype for Business doesn't allow file sharing between users, and doesn't allow users to work on the same file, versus Microsoft Teams which is optimized for file sharing and work collaboration. Another difference is that Microsoft Teams is more user-friendly than Skype for Business. For example, if I search for a contact on my contact list, it's simpler to do compared to searching for a contact on Skype for Business. Microsoft Teams also saves conversations on the chat panel, while Skype for Business archives the conversation on my email, creating spam in my mailbox. These are all the reasons I prefer Microsoft Teams over Skype for Business.

I evaluated Skype for Business, Google Meet, and Zoom.

What other advice do I have?

For virtual meetings, I use Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business. I also use Google Meet and Zoom. I used Skype for Business for one year in 2019, but after 2019, I started using Microsoft Teams, and I'm still using it.

My rating for Microsoft Teams is eight out of ten.

Redie-Ramos - PeerSpot reviewer
    Cloud Engineer at eCloudvalley
    Allows us to communicate internally across multiple locations and with our outside customers
    • "I think it has helped me organize my day-to-day activities. It has also helped me to align with the schedule of my colleagues and other partners because there's a feature where we can see the schedule of other Team members."
    • "There's a feature that can send a notification to Team's channel, but I think there's no way to have it escalated on something like that."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for communication internally and with our outside customers.

It is on cloud, and we are installing the desktop version on our workstations. There are also cases that we are using the cloud, the web edition, because you can login to your account from any workstation.

It is deployed across our whole organization, so we are multinational. Currently, I'm in the Philippines, but we also have our team members in Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia. Everyone is using Teams, and we're communicating using Teams.

How has it helped my organization?

I think it has helped me organize my day-to-day activities. It has also helped me to align with the schedule of my colleagues and other partners because there's a feature where we can see the schedule of other Team members.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to send some calendar invites to have a research session with our customer.

What needs improvement?

There's a feature that can send a notification to the Team's channel, but I think there's no way to have it escalated.

I have been using this solution since December 2020.

It's stable, but there have been times when I needed to login again, probably because of my internet connection.

It's scalable.

We have also used Viber, but it's not the best communication solution. We have also used ServiceNow for ticketing and Zoom.

Setup was straightforward. You just need to sign in, and you can use it right away. Internally, we advised everyone to install Teams on their workstation after they received their service machines.

Everything took just a couple of minutes. You need to download a couple of megabytes and install it. Everything will be done in less than 30 minutes, including the sign in.

It was done in-house. We did not have an indicated person for that. Everyone knows that they're using Teams and they install it by themselves. Most of the time, there is no help needed to install Teams.

From Teams alone, I think we are looking at it as the complete package, including the subscription of Microsoft Word and SharePoint. So overall, I think it is a good investment.

It is affordable because it also includes the licenses on Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office and SharePoint. The subscription is already covered with the $10 per month subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 9 out of 10.

The implementation is straightforward. You just need to validate Teams, and the product certificate is good for the company using it versus the other service operating from other providers. The solution is good.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partners