IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Hyperion OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Hyperion is #2 ranked solution in top Business Performance Management tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Hyperion an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Hyperion is most commonly compared to Anaplan: Oracle Hyperion vs Anaplan. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Oracle Hyperion?
Oracle Business Analytics Suite.

Oracle Hyperion was previously known as Hyperion.

Oracle Hyperion Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle Hyperion Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2022

Oracle Hyperion Customers
ITNL, Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd., Zaklady Farmaceutyczne Polpharma S.A., Daelim Industrial Co. Ltd., Barco N.V., SITA, McGregor Fashion Group B.V., PCCW Ltd.
Oracle Hyperion Video

Oracle Hyperion Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Hyperion pricing:
"The licenses cost approximately $1,000."

Oracle Hyperion Reviews

Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
A mature, extensive solution that scales very effectively
  • "One can see that it's a mature product because it addresses all the requirements that you must need for financial consolidation and for budgeting and planning. It's really easy to use."
  • "The solution is about to cease to exist, so it doesn't really matter if they add anything to it. It's at end-of-life."

What is our primary use case?

I've been involved in implementing the solution for past clients.

What is most valuable?

The Hyperion product is designed for performance management, enterprise performance management, and it is applications. It has got write-back and it's got workflow. It's got built-in best practices for taking care of the management procedures, for example, budgeting, planning, and forecasting. It can also be used for financial consolidation - the whole process, including disclosure management, tax reporting, et cetera. It offers a lot of business process features.

In contrast, BI is for anybody that wants to use a lot of information, interrogate it and look at it from various perspectives, but don't want to use it for a business process. We use BI for information purposes and analytic purposes only. It does not have write-back capabilities. It is not something where you can say, "Okay, I can see that I've sold 10 products. Let me see what is going to happen if I sell 16 products in the next five months." You can't do that with BI. You can with Hyperion.

Their latest trend and the most modern approach is to combine BI with Enterprise Performance Management. After the process that you've completed, you want to have BI type of reporting. This will give you the best of both worlds, if the trend continues. You want a data model that makes provisions for that type of analysis and reporting that you want to do.

For instance, financial consolidation. You can take all the information from the various businesses that you have (even different types of businesses or geographical areas). You can consolidate that, and apply accounting rules to it and do some analysis on it once you start your financial consolidation. That is where the BI comes in.

However, in saying that, the commonality that you have is the nature of the data. The way that the data is structured is common across enterprise performance, management, and business intelligence.

The solution is quite mature.

One can see that it's a mature product because it addresses all the requirements that you must have for financial consolidation and for budgeting and planning. It's really easy to use.

What needs improvement?

From a business intelligence (BI) angle, it's only a small part of what Hyperion does.

Oracle's strategy is to put those clients that are using Hyperion at the moment onto the cloud, through a new software. Companies will be able to have the cloud software but have the option of on-premise.

Due to the rich functionality and the breadth of the functionality that it provides, the technical architecture of the solution is quite complex. That is maybe one of the reasons why that Hyperion or Oracle is taking some of the products that have become too complex in the architecture and have decided to rewrite it and put it in the cloud.

I've been working with the solution for well over a decade. It's been about 15 or 16 years or so at this point.

The solution is quite stable. Very notable and large organizations are able to use it without any trouble, even if they are working in different currencies and across countries.

The solution scales very well.

It is enterprise-class software and typically used by clients that have got massive amounts of data and also hundreds of users. It will handle much more, especially on the financial consolidation side. One of the biggest financial consolidation communities operating in Hyperion is a shipping company that has got businesses in every country in the world. They've got close to 300 users, which is very big for a financial consolidation application. They also have distributed across different currencies, et cetera, and the solution is able to handle it all.

Thousands of companies use the solution, and many have anywhere from 10 to 300 users, or more. 300 users would indicate the company and the solution is scaled quite extensively.

Oracle could do a bit more to support the client.

The solution is very easy to use and therefore the initial setup was pretty straightforward.

In terms of deployment, for small organizations, it might only take three months or so. For a very large organization, you are looking at a deployment time of approximately nine months.

There are annual licensing costs associated with the solution.

Some people may consider the solution to be expensive, however, for all that it does, anything similar would require the licensing of more than one product.

What other advice do I have?

We don't have a business relationship with Oracle.

I'm not actually an end-user, however, I have been involved in providing the software and installing it and implementation projects and so on. I've got customers that are using these products and I've been involved with various aspects of these products.

The Oracle Hyperion products also differ slightly. The cloud products differ from on-premise products.

While our on-premise version is 11, we're also using the latest cloud. I'm not sure of that version as it's constantly getting updated.

The solution is at end-of-life and Oracle may only maintain the product until 2030 before moving everyone onto a new solution on the cloud. It's my understanding the new solution will be called Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close.

As the solution is to be discontinued, we'd most likely recommend another Oracle product. We'd likely recommend Oracle FCCS.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

FVP Business Unit Financial Officer - Commercial Banking at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to set up and good for budgeting but needs better reporting
  • "It's basically the same as the other budgeting solutions."
  • "I would love more comment capabilities so that you could put in little notes, cheat notes."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for budgeting.

What is most valuable?

It's basically the same as the other budgeting solutions. There's nothing different, no bells and whistles that are different. At the end of the day, it gets to the same solution.

The initial setup wasn't overly difficult.

What needs improvement?

I used other EPM software that probably had better reporting that came out of Hyperion.

I would have done some implementation a little bit differently, however, it doesn't mean that they don't have the functions available.

I would love a drill-down feature.

We've used the solution for two years.

So far, the stability has been fine. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze.

Hyperion is basically a jail and cost center platform where you couldn't budget any different than the rules of what Hyperion is telling you to budget buy. If you wanted to budget buy a product within a cost center, you could not do that. You would have to go to the actual cost center and budget it that way. For example, for commercial real estate loans, you would have to go into each individual course center and budget accordingly. I'm not sure if it's scalable in that sense as there isn't necessarily flexibility involved.

Our internal financing team uses it, and they are comprised of 10 to 15 people.

It's being used almost every month as we do forecasting in it. There's monthly input-output. Hyperion on the accounting side is used on a daily basis to load the general ledger information. It's daily, weekly, and monthly. It's being used all the time. I don't know if it can go any further, as it is being used constantly.

We have our internal IT. They're the ones helping out with any questions. On the back end, in terms of direct contact with Oracle, that would be our finance department or accounting department. I don't speak with them.

I've used other budgeting programs, for example, Axiom.

We did not use a different solution. Coming to this bank a few years ago, this product was here. They went with this product as their GL system was sun setting. It was a management decision to stay with Oracle, with the GL and it made sense to get the upgrade for Hyperion.

The company already had Hyperion, however, they just upgraded to the cloud version. We went from software to the cloud. There were a few little obstacles when we implemented it last August. It was actually during the budget cycle, which was weird. I didn't see any issues for the most part. That said, I wasn't into the weeds of implementing, allocating, doing all the unit testing, UAT testing, and all that stuff.

I'm not sure how many people were used for the purposes of deployment or maintenance.

While it was mostly handled by the finance department, my understanding is that there was a consultant involved in the implementation process. The solution works, therefore, the process must have gone well.

We have seen an ROI.

I can't speak to any aspect of the costs. It's not an aspect I handle directly.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just an end-user going into Hyperion.

We've just upgraded to the cloud. I'm the one that's going in and importing all the data into Hyperion.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using.

There are many on the market that do the same thing. Oracle has name recognition going for it, however. Personally, I would look at another product I used to use, however, that's just my preference. Many, many years ago, in my last job, I actually had Oracle. We didn't have Hyperion though and everything was sun setting on that. It was my job to go out and go find a solution. We brought Oracle in and Hyperion was a suite of products within the Oracle umbrella. I was looking for a one-stop-shop type of product. If someone's looking for that, this might fit those needs.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. We're not fully utilizing the product. That said, from what I've seen, what I use, and what I can generate from the product, it's decent.

Oracle Hyperion
April 2022
Learn what your peers think about Oracle Hyperion. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2022.
596,970 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BI Analytics and Systems at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to implement, scalable, and stable solution with good data integration and workforce planning features
  • "Stable and scalable solution with a valuable data integration feature which allows the slicing and dicing of data. It also has a workforce planning feature that allows you to bring in your HR data."
  • "The reporting feature in Oracle Hyperion isn't the best. It needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

This solution has evolved in the last few years. We were using Hyperion, so there was data coming in from other systems into Hyperion. When we were using the on-premises system, we were just moving data from one ERP, e.g. Oracle ERP. When we moved Oracle Hyperion to the Cloud, we brought data from more than one system, e.g. we also brought data from SAP.

We use Oracle Hyperion for consolidation and everything's done on it, but in the past, we did our consolidation in Oracle ERP.

What is most valuable?

One of the best features that we use in Oracle Hyperion is the data integration. You can slice and dice data, and you can innovate, which is something you can't do in other ERP systems. This solution offers so many possibilities.

Workforce planning is also a valuable feature in this solution that gives you the option to bring in your HR data.

What needs improvement?

The reporting feature in Oracle Hyperion isn't the best. It needs improvement, but from what I know, they're offering a new reporting package.

There is a new reporting package available in the new tool module, but most companies, e.g. when I talk to friends and even people in my company, they prefer to use other packages like Power BI and Tableau. This means that data will come into Oracle Hyperion, then it will move out and go to Tableau or Power BI for reporting.

If this solution had a good reporting feature from the beginning, then I would have used it, and now that there is one, we don't have the tool. We don't have that license available. If it had been available from the beginning, it would have been great for companies, e.g. we would have been  able to better manage reporting.

I've been using Oracle Hyperion for 10 years.

It's a stable solution, and it has improved a lot in terms of connection. From what I understand, its algorithm is based on your input, usage, and frequency. Data availability has also improved a lot. It also depends on the data center, the domain name, and where the data center is located for your company. Other than the reporting, there aren't many complaints about Oracle Hyperion.

I find Oracle Hyperion scalable.

Oracle Hyperion is very easy to implement. Some pieces are complex, but it's an out of the box solution which works for most companies. It was designed in a way that you can maximize your requirement based on what is given by Oracle and they flesh this solution out every three months.

What other advice do I have?

At the start, we deployed Oracle Hyperion on-premises, then we moved it to the Cloud. It's now deployed 100% on cloud. We are using its latest version.

What I'd like to tell others thinking about implementing Oracle Hyperion is that it's a very sophisticated tool, if used correctly. We've gone through a few mergers and doing the mergers, e.g. people coming from other companies merging with our company, they had experience with other tools. Not every company has Oracle Hyperion, and there were people from the other companies who were skeptics in the beginning as they had never used Oracle Hyperion.

When those people started using Oracle Hyperion, with the solution being something that needs a little time to get used to, e.g. you need to have a good understanding of how the hierarchy and the dimensions, etc. work, specifically for somebody who had not used it, or somebody who wasn't a power user, after the initial learning stage and after using it for a month, those people changed their minds about Oracle Hyperion. They said it was a better solution compared to what they used before the merger.

I'm rating Oracle Hyperion a nine out of ten. It's not a perfect score because it's a complicated tool which requires users to have knowledge on databases.

I'm giving it a high score as it is great for reporting and slicing and dicing of data where you can do a lot of calculations, allocations, and all kinds of things which you can't do in an ERP or any other tool. It would depend on how you use Oracle Hyperion. If you're not using it as much, then you won't be able to compare it with other solutions that are out in the market.

Other
Director, Financial Systems at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Extremely stable and the best in class in terms of functionality
  • "Functionality-wise, it is what they say it is. It is the best in class, but it all ties back to your users. If your users are completely enamored with Excel spreadsheets, then breaking those habits is hard."
  • "All the planning systems out there are great. It doesn't matter which company you use. They're all great. I've seen demonstrations on a number of them, but it all boils down to the culture within the organization itself to use that functionality, understand it, and help drive it. I've had Oracle salespeople do demonstrations, and it looked really good. We get it on board, and everybody still sticks to their Excel spreadsheets because companies are a lot more complex than what you could deliver on the planning system. So, there should be more education on the capabilities, and there should be more understanding of organizations in terms of the way they access the data in order to plan."

What is most valuable?

Functionality-wise, it is what they say it is. It is the best in class, but it all ties back to your users. If your users are completely enamored with Excel spreadsheets, then breaking those habits is hard. What you really get is data governance and control. We haven't gone to the cloud service yet, so I really can't comment on that, but at the end of the day, depending on your users, the ability to forecast long-term is a great feature. We're in the process of putting that in, and some of the stakeholders are really excited about that functionality, but it's all about data governance. A company that was trying to do this on the cheap using an Oracle Essbase cloud service got data corruption in one month because they didn't have the necessary security, and people were overriding other people's plans.

What needs improvement?

From going from level one to four, they've done a lot with driving the user to control what they're doing versus having a dependency on an administrator to drive data movement. Again, it's all predicated on how your planners want to use the application. You can give them all the tools, but if they don't engage in that type of planning, then you can have a Cadillac system. If they're only going to use 10% of it, you're not going to drive that value.

All the planning systems out there are great. It doesn't matter which company you use. They're all great. I've seen demonstrations on a number of them, but it all boils down to the culture within the organization itself to use that functionality, understand it, and help drive it. I've had Oracle salespeople do demonstrations, and it looked really good. We get it on board, and everybody still sticks to their Excel spreadsheets because companies are a lot more complex than what you could deliver on the planning system. So, there should be more education on the capabilities, and there should be more understanding of organizations in terms of the way they access the data in order to plan. Because my organization is complex and there are different data streams, they don't bolt into Hyperion very well. You still have to extract the information and load it in, which is really difficult, especially if you have older systems or if you're going from a mainframe system for some of that information because there is no application out there now that's bolting on the mainframe systems.

We have the full suite with consolidation. We have Hyperion Financial Management. Our challenges, if we ever have one, are really on the server-side, because you're dealing with SQL Server, as well as your Essbase Server, especially for planning. If those servers go down within the organization, it's not Hyperion's fault. It's your own organization's fault. So, from a stability perspective, it's extremely stable. If you're going to go to the cloud, the internal factors that could trip you would go away. You would be within Oracle's ecosystem, and you don't have to spend the money to have a DBA managing your application on the backend. My team is a bit of a hybrid. We report to the business, but we do all the setups within the application itself.

I have rarely interacted with them. At least with Hyperion planning, we've been pretty self-sufficient, and we haven't hit a bug.

What other advice do I have?

If you read their game plan, they're pushing everybody to the cloud. We're not on the cloud application yet. We're on an older version that's being retired.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

Manager, Hyperion Applications at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A world-class solution that provides a lot of functionality out of the box and also allows you to customize it to meet your needs
  • "It is easy to use. It is very intuitive. Even though there is a lot of functionality that comes out of the box, you can customize the solutions to meet your needs. You have the ability to have business rules that produce all kinds of calculations. We're international, and we do all our FX conversions through that."
  • "Their documentation could be a little bit more descriptive at places. They don't really do a lot of How-Tos because that gets pushed through to the consulting groups. There have been some books. There is a real good one out there about how to look smarter than you are with Hyperion Planning that some people at a company called ArganoInterRel wrote. Those things do exist, but that's not in their documentation. It's basically like they'll say, "This is the field. This is what it's used for," but they don't tell you how to particularly use it in your case environment."

What is our primary use case?

We use Hyperion for budgeting and forecasting. We provide CC guidance through that application. We use the Hyperion HFM for our consolidations worldwide.

We're on 11.2.4, and we're going to patch to 11.2.6.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. It is very intuitive. Even though there is a lot of functionality that comes out of the box, you can customize the solutions to meet your needs. You have the ability to have business rules that produce all kinds of calculations. We're international, and we do all our FX conversions through that.

It is very easy to upload the data from ERP to HFM. We actually go from the ERP to HFM, and then from HFM, we load those actuals into our planning application.

What needs improvement?

Their documentation could be a little bit more descriptive at places. They don't really do a lot of How-Tos because that gets pushed through to the consulting groups. There have been some books. There is a real good one out there about how to look smarter than you are with Hyperion Planning that some people at a company called ArganoInterRel wrote. Those things do exist, but that's not in their documentation. It's basically like they'll say, "This is the field. This is what it's used for," but they don't tell you how to particularly use it in your case environment.

I have been using it since 2000.

It is better than average. They do a lot to help you work through issues with a chat session to start with, but depending on the level of severity, you can have somebody wired right into you. They do a Webex and look at what you're doing, and they test it out and do that kind of stuff. So, it is better than average.

I would prefer if they were not offshore, but they're offshore only for the first-level response. As you elevate or escalate higher up the chain, you come into the States where the guys are the actual developers of the software.

Its setup was really easy. They provide admin training, and that training is pretty comprehensive. Where you need to maybe go a little bit further would be to have some assistance with, depending on the application, some of the business rules that you need to write. You need to get the syntax correct, but once you do that, it becomes second nature.

I haven't been around pricing for a long time. Their model for what we have was totally different from what they have for their cloud applications. So, I don't even know what a cloud app costs at this point per person or per user.

What other advice do I have?

For working with the mapping, the scripting, and the integration tool, it's good to have a consulting group that has done this before to work with you.

The other side of it is that it is multidimensional. So, if your organization has never had this kind of environment or doesn't think along a multidimensional paradigm, then you should have a consulting group help you lay out what you're going to use the dimensions and the application for. Some are fixed. You have the months, the time periods, the years, and the currency, but there are also custom dimensions that you can use for various things. That affects how your data is produced and how you do your reporting.

I'd rate it a 10 out of 10. It is world-class software.

Maharaja Kaliyaperumal - PeerSpot reviewer
Lead Consultant at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
We can do planning, forecasting, and store large amounts of data.
  • "We can integrate with any system and pull data from SAP or SQL Server. We can also design our own role files to establish how we pull the file data and store it in our database."
  • "We are still having some issues with the ASO Cube. It can take a long time to clear the data in the ASO Cube compared to BSO data-clearing operations. We don't have a specific calculation in the ASO, and we only have these aggregate options on the ASO side. If we need calculations, we have to calculate them in the BSO and pass the data to the ASO Cube for the reporting. That's one of the drawbacks. Oracle could also improve on the data logging side as well."

What is most valuable?

Hyperion is one of the best tools in the world. We can do planning and forecasting and store large amounts of data. We can draw a large amount of data and multiple combinations.

We can integrate with any system and pull data from SAP or SQL Server. We can also design our own role files to establish how we pull the file data and store it in our database.

Hyperion provides excellent security. We can control all the users with filters and access levels and set permissions for who can control the system or input and process data.

What needs improvement?

We are still having some issues with the ASO Cube. It can take a long time to clear the data in the ASO Cube compared to BSO data-clearing operations. We don't have a specific calculation in the ASO, and we only have these aggregate options on the ASO side. If we need calculations, we have to calculate them in the BSO and pass the data to the ASO Cube for the reporting. That's one of the drawbacks. Oracle could also improve on the data logging side as well.

I've been working with Hyperion technologies for the last nine years, so I have experience in SMPs, planning, and Smart View. I also have quite a bit of admin knowledge in the form of SQL. I can do installations and patterns. I have more than four years of development knowledge and then three-plus years of experience providing support for Hyperion.

Hyperion is stable.

Oracle support is quite good. When we have any questions about the product, we can immediately write the service request and contact them. They will respond in a day and fix the issue based on the priority.

I'm using Hyperion for planning, but I'm not currently using it for financial reporting. But OneStream also has similar functionality now.

There is a lot of planning that goes into developing our Hyperion application. We need to create a planning application and set up everything. Then we develop the forms, create the cubes, and make smart lists. Everything we use is customized.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Hyperion eight out of 10. My advice to prospective Hyperion users is to focus on your business requirements. You need to consider what your business is looking for and how you will perform the planning and budgeting process. You also need to think about your data, including what level of data you're storing, the size, the frequency, and the architecture.

We still need to learn many things about the cloud part. Every APM is moving into the cloud now. There are other aspects, like integration services, ODA, etc. We are facing many challenges in development and support. We are all still learning the Oracle products, and they're coming out with new features annually.

Manager Business System at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Offers a very fast time to market with good analysis and great reliability
  • "The scalability is good."
  • "There's something known as a data block that Hyperion generates for each and every transaction. Sometimes it does not generate and we need to identify those issues and fix them manually."

What is our primary use case?

We're using the product for our OPEX planning and CapEx planning. We use it for the budget cycle.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect is that the time to market is very fast. You're able to finish your budgeting cycle in a very quick and fast way with a more detailed analysis.

The solution is reliable.

The scalability is good.

What needs improvement?

When you compare it with ERP, we want so many enhancements in that particular product.

Since we are the Oracle hub, we know how the Oracle forms work. All the fields are dependent on the previous field example. If I want to select a product, I can select the channel, and automatically, the products button to those channels will be filtered. That sort of filtration, we cannot apply in Hyperion. We cannot have hierarchy-level filtrations over there.

The initial setup can be complex.

There's something known as a data block that Hyperion generates for each and every transaction. Sometimes it does not generate and we need to identify those issues and fix them manually. That is the only debugging process for me.

I've been using the solution for almost seven to eight years.

The solution is very stable. There aren't glitches. it's reliable. it doesn't crash or freeze.

A company can scale the product as needed. It's not a problem.

We have around 20 to 25 people using the solution.

Once the budgeting process is finished, it is being used by the quality finance team only throughout the year, however, the main key users will be working in the budgeting cycle for one month or two months only.

In terms of technical support, we are providing it directly as an IT division.

The implementation process is a little bit complex. Anything we need to customize as for the business requirement can get difficult.

We do have our own team that maintains the solution as necessary.

The solution was implemented by a partner.

I don't have any details about the licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. It's the latest version. About six months back, they upgraded to the latest version.

If any company would like to implement this product they should first have the internal resources with the skill sets ready to be developed for this product.

Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It does have some small flaws here and there.

Hyperion Suite Manager at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
Beneficial forecasting, user-friendly, and good support
  • "Oracle Hyperion is fairly user-friendly and not too complicated. The forecasting, it's really good. It's sometimes slow when there are a lot of users using it and we can have up to approximately 300 users using it. However, you can do it in Excel because there's an Excel add-in. This is a benefit because a lot of people do this way instead of having to go into the planning application itself."
  • "Sometimes Oracle Hyperion is slow when there are a lot of users using it. However, we can have up to approximately 300 users using it."

What is our primary use case?

We use HFM as a consolidation tool because we own several different companies, and we consolidate up to the eliminations and allocations through Oracle Hyperion. Additionally, we use it to help us with foreign currency, and then we use planning for forecasting and capital five-year plan projections.

We are upgrading Oracle Hyperion to 11.2.5.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Hyperion is fairly user-friendly and not too complicated. The forecasting, it's really good. It's sometimes slow when there are a lot of users using it and we can have up to approximately 300 users using it. However, you can do it in Excel because there's an Excel add-in. This is a benefit because a lot of people do this way instead of having to go into the planning application itself.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes Oracle Hyperion is slow when there are a lot of users using it. However, we can have up to approximately 300 users using it.

There's a part of Hyperion that's called FDMEE and it can be quirky to use. Sometimes how people load data into the different applications when the data loads cause a problem for security. For example, if we have a new acquisition and we go in and we put security on it, it can mess up everybody's security. We then have to go back and uncheck some configurations. Hyperion is aware of the problem, they know it's a bug but they have not fixed it at this time.

The integration between the applications could be better. We use Extended Analytics Link(EAL), when we move data between the actuals and forecasts the reporting features could be enhanced.

I have been using Oracle Hyperion for approximately 20 years.

The solution is stable.

Oracle Hyperion is scalable. I have worked in many companies that use the solution in different ways and it has done very well.

I don't have to deal with technical support on a regular basis. The administrators of the applications use the support. I would sometimes listen in on the calls, but the administrators are the ones that use the support, and the support it's good, they're responsive. However, sometimes it feels as if they're reading a script.

If we have not received the support we want we escalate the call to a more experienced support agent.

The licenses cost approximately $1,000.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

There are some enhancements that can be done, but it's fairly stable and it's easy to use.

I rate Oracle Hyperion an eight out of ten.