Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is #14 ranked solution in top Cloud Backup tools. PeerSpot users give Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud an average rating of 8.8 out of 10. Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is most commonly compared to Acronis Backup: Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud vs Acronis Backup. Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 49% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Cloud Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud?

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is a unique integration of backup with full-stack next-generation anti-malware protection and comprehensive endpoint management tools. This synergy eliminates complexity, so service providers can protect customers better while keeping costs down.

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud was previously known as Acronis Protect Cloud.

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Customers
Zebra Systems
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Video

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud pricing:
  • "I am not the one who is paying for it, but based on what I know, it is not very expensive. It has a good price."
  • "It's a monthly payment of $1,000 USD."
  • "Acronis offers a 30-day free trial of the product."
  • "We pay for whatever we use, and they bill us accordingly."
  • "It's a subscription license with free trial licenses."
  • Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud Reviews

Linux Administrator at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Saves money and time, easy to use for restoring data, and very stable
    • "It is easy to use. I don't need any help to figure out how to do it. It is also very easy to install and upgrade. It is very simple and easy to use for restoring. It supports universal restoration. I can restore a full machine to another hardware with this, which is a very good feature."
    • "It will be good if Acronis can provide more documentation and videos describing how to do different things. Their documentation is good, but it is without examples. They don't have lots of videos. They should put more videos on YouTube to show how to set up certain things, how to restore, and how to back up. They should provide step-by-step documentation and videos for specific scenarios. I would like them to improve the command line feature. The command line is not working smoothly, and there is some problem with it. If the command line is improved, it will take the product to the next level. It would be great if it can back up data from storage so that people are able to back up old data. Such a feature will make it an enterprise solution for a full backup."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the backup of user machines. We have a lot of machines, and I use it daily to monitor, check, and do upgrades and make sure that everything is working properly.

How has it helped my organization?

It saves money and time. I have some machines with a very complex setup. It takes, for example, one week to set up a machine. In case the machine fails, instead of installing it again in one week, I can restore it in one hour. So, it saves time, and we don't have to bring people again to set up the machine.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. I don't need any help to figure out how to do it. It is also very easy to install and upgrade.

It is very simple and easy to use for restoring. It supports universal restoration. I can restore a full machine to another hardware with this, which is a very good feature.

What needs improvement?

It will be good if Acronis can provide more documentation and videos describing how to do different things. Their documentation is good, but it is without examples. They don't have lots of videos. They should put more videos on YouTube to show how to set up certain things, how to restore, and how to back up. They should provide step-by-step documentation and videos for specific scenarios.

I would like them to improve the command line feature. The command line is not working smoothly, and there is some problem with it. If the command line is improved, it will take the product to the next level.

It would be great if it can back up data from storage so that people are able to back up old data. Such a feature will make it an enterprise solution for a full backup.

September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Acronis, Veeam Software, N-able and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: September 2022.
    632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for more than six years.

It is very stable. If I need to restore something, it perfectly completes the mission.

Their support is very good and professional. I opened a case through our management site, and they called me. They followed up through emails to ensure that everything is okay.

I didn't use any other solution.

It is easy to deploy. I don't even need to use the documentation to do it. It does not take a lot of time. A new server takes half a day.

Its deployment is very easy with Active Directory or via the management console. You can control and monitor where it fails. It is very easy to use and understand. I just play with the interface, and it is very easy to do things.

I am not the one who is paying for it, but based on what I know, it is not very expensive. It has a good price.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to go to the site and download it for free for 13 days and play with it. It is a very good solution that makes your life easier. The people behind this product are very smart, and they are thinking about the end-user.

I would rate Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud a nine out of ten.

SeanWang - PeerSpot reviewer
    Cyber Security Architect at Amazon Web Services
    Good backup functionality and cybersecurity features with good reliability
    • "We like the backup functionality."
    • "We'd like to see more DLP, data loss prevention."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for data loss prevention. We are using it in a customer's company.

What is most valuable?

There are some good cybersecurity features.

We like the backup functionality.

It is easy to set up the product.

The solution is quite stable and reliable.

You can scale the solution. \We have found the pricing to be good.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the detection rates of the antivirus. It would be ideal if they improved EDR features. We'd like to see more DLP, data loss prevention.

I've been working with the solution for a year and a half.

The solution is stable. There aren't any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is good.

It can scale. Maybe when it comes to the endpoint security and data protection here, it's scalable, as many features can be added on one by one. The licensing is also scalable.

We tend to work with small and medium-sized companies. Most of the customers have under 300 users.

Support is okay. I am in an English region, so, for the technical support currently, I still have Mandarin supports, however, not much. There are just two in our region.

Except for the number of supports, everything's good from the support perspective.

The solution is very simple to set up. It's not complex at all.

If the deployment is not included in the initial setup it will take just in one day, since it's a SaaS platform.

The maintenance can be handled by between two to five people.

Our customers handle the initial setup on their own. They do not need our assistance or any other outside assistance.

It's reasonably priced. It is quite cheap compared to competitors.

It's a monthly payment of $1,000 USD.

What other advice do I have?

We are a partner and reseller.

While some features can replace existing solutions, at the first stage, maybe new users can start from coexistence and see if features can be replaced or not. Due to the licensing and deployment, it's scalable and flexible. At any moment, we can decide to move to new features or not. You don't have to rush for all the features as they currently have many cybersecurity and data production features. Start slow and build up.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

September 2022
    632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Virtualisation Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Valuable incremental backup system supported a detailed knowledge base and responsive support team

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution primarily for the backup of information. An example would be to assist our clients who are moving from a public cloud to a private cloud. We would use Acronis for the backup up of information during this migration.

What is most valuable?

The first valuable feature is the incremental backups which ensure that your information and products are always up to date.

Secondly, there are many knowledge base articles that are detailed and make it is easy to troubleshoot when issues arise.

Lastly, we have collaborated with the support team for more complex issues which can't be fixed by our team. In two to three weeks, they have helped us resolve these issues.

What needs improvement?

There are some compatibility issues that could be improved. For example, all versions before Linux SUSE 10 cannot always be backed up. However, I have only encountered this issue one to three percent of the time as many issues have already been addressed by Acronis.

My current organization has used this solution for three years and I have worked with it for the past six years.

I would rate Acronis 99% for stability. The remaining 1% is to account for end user issues such as those relating to hardware, although this is a rare occurrence.

This is a scalable solution that can support complex environments. We currently use it for more than 400 clients across different countries.

The support team are quick and responsive.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The on-premises setup is a bit complex. There is a hardware setup that requires an engineer. Certain skill sets are needed to maintain the solution and make it work.

The setup was simple for a cloud system. If it is done by a technical person, installation could take one to two hours.

Licensing and costs depend on the storage sizes required for the data to be backed up.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend taking note of the storage you are paying for when backing up data and ensuring you reduce it as much as possible.

It is important to monitor the backup process on a daily basis using Acronis alerts. I would suggest having a technician look after this solution to ensure no backfires take place.

This is a fast product that fits into existing technology easily without causing friction.

Technical Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    MSP
    Good management, backup, and recovery features, with a single console to handle multiple backups
    • "The management, backup, and recovery features are all very good."
    • "The reporting could be improved. I would like to see some enhancements in that regard."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to back up physical servers, virtual servers, PCs, and Office 365 files.

How has it helped my organization?

We are an IT company and backing up data is one of the services that we offer to our customers. This product enables us to use one management console to look after all of our customers' backups.

What is most valuable?

The management, backup, and recovery features are all very good.

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud

Acronis is a stable solution and at the moment, it is very extensively used.

This is a very scalable product.

For management purposes, we have perhaps five administrators who have access to it. We're probably managing more than 200 terabytes of data.

The technical support is very good.

Prior to Acronis, we used Commvault, Backup Exec, and Veeam.

We found Commvault too expensive, overly complex, and very hardware intensive. Quite often with Commvault, you had to have more servers to put the backups onto than you were actually backing up.

The initial setup is straightforward.

In our situation, although it was straightforward, it was quite complex in that we had to get all of our customers onto the system. We deployed it over a year, but that was because we were migrating lots of backup systems into one product.

We implemented this product ourselves.

Once it's up and running, one or two people can maintain it. It's not heavy in that regard.

We have seen a return on investment using this solution.

Acronis offers a 30-day free trial of the product.

There are no additional costs beyond the standard licensing fees.

Before choosing Acronis, we looked at Arcserve, Datto, and StorageCraft.

What other advice do I have?

We're looking at adding the disaster recovery option to this solution.

My advice for anybody who is looking into implementing this product is to talk to Acronis and do a 30-day trial.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    A backup and cyber protection solution that is easy to deploy and use.
    • "One of the best benefits of using Acronis is that it also provides data security along with the backup of data. It checks everything, and that's the main benefit of using Acronis"
    • "I don't see any room for improvement in the solution itself, but their marketing could be better. Dealers and customers aren't aware of this product or the company, so maybe they should concentrate more on marketing."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product to store data and as our software backup. Acronis Cyber Protect is used whenever you want to back up your data and for disaster recovery.

What is most valuable?

One of the best benefits of using Acronis is that it also provides data security along with the backup of data. It checks everything, and that's the main benefit of using Acronis. If you see all the other software in the marketplace, they are just backup solutions. But this product also offers security. With a single product, you get two benefits. It's also easy to deploy and easy to use, and they also provide continuous training.

What needs improvement?

I don't see any room for improvement in the solution itself, but their marketing could be better. Dealers and customers aren't aware of this product or the company, so maybe they should concentrate more on marketing. Technically there is no other criticism from my side.

We have been using Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud for the last eight months.

They have local support, which is good.

We have used other on-premise solutions for backup, but for the cloud, we selected Acronis because of security.

If you see the solution, using the renewals and everything, one can easily deploy it, depending on the requirement. For a backup related to the app, if you need a little bit of help from an expert, Acronis can help. But for us, it's easy to manage. Once deployed, you will never need to consider anything.

We implemented this solution ourselves. It took us about an hour to deploy this solution.

We pay for whatever we use, and they bill us accordingly.

What other advice do I have?

Whoever wants to backup their data should also lookout for a solution that provides data security. This is very important nowadays with issues like ransomware, privacy, and security. Also, the backup should be easily accessible whenever we need it. They should select a product that does it all, and Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud provides all these benefits in a single solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud a nine.

Suresh Bora - PeerSpot reviewer
    Project Manager & Tech Lead at iConnect IT Business Solutions DMCC
    Single console management for endpoints, as well as endpoint backup, simple to install, and maintain
    • "The integration with multiple modules in the console and the backup and recovery features are very good."
    • "I would like to see more integration with SIEM solutions."

What is our primary use case?

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud has many modules included, but we were only interested in the antivirus, security landscape, and backup components.

This can be useful if a customer is looking for a single console to manage all of their endpoints in terms of antivirus as well as endpoint backup, office to private email backup, and remote support. Asset management, vulnerability management, and email security are all aspects of asset management. If the users are spread across the globe, this will be beneficial.

What is most valuable?

The integration with multiple modules in the console and the backup and recovery features are very good.

Stability, security, and integration with various platforms are already present. Acronis has been on the market for quite some time. They've been constantly improving it and making it better and better.

What needs improvement?

Licensing costs could be improved.

I would like to see more integration with SIEM solutions.

I have been working with Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud for six months.

We are using the latest version.

Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is a stable product.

We have five customers, and the users are starting from 50 to 500 users.

Technical support is good.

We provide several solutions such as Singularity, EDR, and Sentinel Endpoint.

The initial setup is straightforward.

This solution took two days to deploy, but it depends on which module is chosen. If you go with the overall solution, it could take a week.

We have one person to maintain this solution.

It's a subscription license with free trial licenses. It's a yearly subscription.

For technical support, there is a monthly and yearly billing option, as well as a subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud a nine out of ten.

Ratnodeep Roy - PeerSpot reviewer
    consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    MSP
    Helpful event backup logs, unique features, but needs more report customization

What is most valuable?

I have found many of the backup options valuable such as logging the event backup and the ability to run an analysis of the backup before you start for problems.

What needs improvement?

In the solution, you have the customization option for reports but it is limited and should allow more customizations in terms of how long or when you can do the reports.

I have been using the solution for approximately three years.

I have found that the solution is not as stable as it could be. When there are some errors it is difficult to know what took place to resolve them.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support is very good for this solution.

I have used Veeam solutions in the past and this solution has some unique features setting it apart.

The initial setup was very straightforward. I think you have to create a well-thought-out plan moving forward. You can run some tests that will show you your protection score. You will be able to see how much your machine is vulnerable to the outside environment.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud a seven out of ten.

Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Backs up and secures data; two great things with one product

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is software backup and data storage.

What is most valuable?

One of the benefits of using Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is that, along with backing up data, it secures it. You get two great things with a single product.

It is also easy to use and deploy.

What needs improvement?

Not many people know about this product, so they may need to concentrate more on marketing.

I have been using Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud for six to eight months.

They have local tech support, which is good.

You may need a little bit of help with some aspects of the installation process. However, once you deploy, it's very easy to manage. It took us about an hour to deploy.

Download our free Cloud Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about Acronis, Veeam Software, N-able, and more!
    Updated: September 2022