Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Zscaler Cloud DLP OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zscaler Cloud DLP is #9 ranked solution in top Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools. PeerSpot users give Zscaler Cloud DLP an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Zscaler Cloud DLP is most commonly compared to Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention: Zscaler Cloud DLP vs Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention. Zscaler Cloud DLP is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 79% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Zscaler Cloud DLP?

Zscaler enables the world’s leading organizations to securely transform their networks and applications for a mobile and cloud-first world. Its flagship services, Zscaler Internet Access and Zscaler Private Access, create fast, secure connections between users and applications, regardless of device, location, or network. Zscaler services are 100% cloud-delivered and offer the simplicity, enhanced security, and improved user experience that traditional appliances or hybrid solutions are unable to match. Used in more than 185 countries, Zscaler operates the world’s largest cloud security platform, protecting thousands of enterprises and government agencies from cyberattacks and data loss.

More details: https://www.zscaler.com/produc...

Zscaler Cloud DLP Customers

Zenith Live, Azure, Carlsberg Group

Zscaler Cloud DLP Video

Zscaler Cloud DLP Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Zscaler Cloud DLP pricing:
  • "The licensing model for Zscaler Cloud DLP allows you to only buy what you need. You don't need to buy it as a whole, so it's good."
  • "It is an auto-renewal subscription service."
  • Zscaler Cloud DLP Reviews

Security Architect at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
    Stable with good pricing and very good for monitoring sensitive data
    • "You can close your data protection gaps with Zscaler. You can quickly find all the classified, sensitive data across the cloud."
    • "There aren't really any missing features that I have witnessed."

What is our primary use case?

Unlike unconventional data that's being exposed, data loss prevention can become very difficult. Several of the old technologies, such as Symantec and McAfee, can cause a range of problems. On top of that, it derives from a lot of fines for customer loss. You can go through legal ramifications and damage to your company brand when data is exposed. Zscaler creates a significant bypass of security controls. It helps you with your compliance. Basically, it will then help you protect sensitive data.

Zscaler's Cloud DLP will also assist the users off-network, protecting them against data loss. The Cloud DLP will inspect all the traffic including SSL, which will give you protection and visibility. Zscaler Cloud DLP will also allow for compliance. It'll give you compliance for all major regulations that you have to go through.

What is most valuable?

Their technology can monitor and inspect data on the corporate level. It protects all the sensitive data from within the organization. You could definitely review anything that is on the network and verify the DLP tools by setting alerts and rules in order to mitigate risks such as losing your customers' PAI.

It's a pretty solid solution.

It connects to the cloud, so it's really fast. It obviously is going to bypass the gateway, give you security controls, and also allows SSL traffic to be hidden.

You can close your data protection gaps with Zscaler. You can quickly find all the classified, sensitive data across the cloud. You can also have protection using advanced features like Exact Data Match, and that's document matching as well as machine learning.

The pricing of the solution is very good.

The solution is very stable.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The product scales well.

Zscaler is an integrated platform, so it's fully integrated with zero-day protection to all the users working from home or in our offsite network, and it's going to make customers close that security gap.

What needs improvement?

Zscaler will protect PII for all users regardless of their geolocations as well it will simplify compliance requirement's by eliminating complexity of legacy systems and securing your cloud data across all channels data in motion, at rest,
    and across endpoints and clouds.

I've been dealing with the solution for almost two years at this point.

September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Zscaler, Broadcom, Forcepoint and others in Data Loss Prevention (DLP). Updated: September 2022.
    632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is good. Every function of the Zscaler DLP performs very quickly. It's very stable, and it's powered by AI. When it comes to threat and data leakage, it's on a packet-by-packet basis. You have a zero-trust exchange and it's a complete data loss prevention or protection package. It does a full inline inspection, including SSL and TLS traffic.

The scalability is good. The transformation for scalability is based on IT operations. It is easy to add and deploy from branches. It will reduce the architecture for MTLS cost without adding any burden to the actual upgrade of your deployment.

I haven't directly dealt with technical support. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are as I have no direct experience with them.

I've previously used Symantec SLP. That was a couple of years ago.

There are a few key differentiators for Zscaler. Obviously, it's faster, and it's secured. You're routing traffic directly to the internet when you use Zscaler, and in that way, you are reducing cost. There is no reason to spend a lot of money on MPLS. There is no need to buy that. You could deploy and manage security appliances or any new generation firewalls on each branch, and you're providing more security without compromising cost. You're centralizing an overall zero-trust architecture by enforcing policies just a few clicks away.

The good thing about the setup is you don't really need hardware appliances to deploy it. All you need to do is connect your Zscaler services, which is pretty simple, and forward all of your internet traffic to the Zscaler services. That's how you secure all your internet traffic. You can apply policies accordingly.

As far as the pricing, it's very competitive. The more users you have, the cheaper it ends up being annually.

Let's say you have 100 users, it'll cost $39.69 a user. And if you have 10,000 users, it will cost you $19.15 per user. The more users you have, the cheaper they are individually. If you have a ZIA Professional bundle, the pricing is pretty affordable.

The struggle from old IT infrastructure is that you're dealing with a lot of legacy hub-and-spoke architecture and companies used to spend a lot of money on MPLS say 10, five years ago. If you're using old technology and your on-premise, you're forcing to pay twice for your internet-bound traffic. Those are the reasons why customers are rethinking their current solutions and moving to an easy solution like Zscaler in a cloud.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a reseller.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I'd advise that this is one of the layers of security that most people need to have.

Sr. Consultant, Cyber Security at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Stable and has a straightforward setup, with available templates to choose from so there's no need to create templates from scratch
    • "Zscaler Cloud DLP provides you with basic DLP features that you get out of the box such as keywords, regular expressions, and data identifiers, for example, your social security numbers, and credit card numbers, with everything built into the product, so you can directly use those features within the policies. You don't need to create it from scratch, and to me, this is the biggest benefit of Zscaler Cloud DLP. You have a lot of templates to choose from in the solution, rather than having to create templates from scratch or reinvent templates."
    • "The only issue with Zscaler Cloud DLP is that it only gives you DLP protection from web traffic, which is flowing out, while a full-blown DLP solution such as Forcepoint or Symantec gives you DLP coverage for multiple channels. Zscaler Cloud DLP doesn't give you coverage for email, fax, and USB channels, and this is the only challenge or room for improvement in the solution. It's just an extension on top of what you're buying on the proxy, so it's just an added layer, and it doesn't cover DLP on a very broad level. I'm unsure if Zcaler is in the business of competing with a full-blown DLP solution, and if there's a plan to expand the features of Zscaler Cloud DLP beyond the web channel because you'll have to deploy a full-blown agent for it. I'm unsure if this is on the cards because the solution is just an added layer that you get with your proxy. I've asked the Zcaler team whether there's a plan to go full DLP in the future, but I didn't get a positive response. There isn't any feature I'd like added to Zscaler Cloud DLP currently, because anything you could think of that should be in cloud or SaaS solutions is already there, except for machine learning, as it's the only functionality that seems to be lacking in the solution. Machine learning is an additional policy available in other DLP solutions in the market, but my team didn't find it in Zscaler Cloud DLP."

What is our primary use case?

I use Zscaler Cloud DLP for its DLP features. It gives you all the basic features such as keywords, regular expressions, data identifiers, etc., but the only difference is that you can only apply the DLP policies to web traffic.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The only issue with Zscaler Cloud DLP is that it only gives you DLP protection from web traffic, which is flowing out, while a full-blown DLP solution such as Forcepoint or Symantec gives you DLP coverage for multiple channels.

Zscaler Cloud DLP doesn't give you coverage for email, fax, and USB channels, and this is the only challenge or room for improvement in the solution. It's just an extension on top of what you're buying on the proxy, so it's just an added layer, and it doesn't cover DLP on a very broad level.

I'm unsure if Zcaler is in the business of competing with a full-blown DLP solution, and if there's a plan to expand the features of Zscaler Cloud DLP beyond the web channel because you'll have to deploy a full-blown agent for it. I'm unsure if this is on the cards because the solution is just an added layer that you get with your proxy. I've asked the Zcaler team whether there's a plan to go full DLP in the future, but I didn't get a positive response.

There isn't any feature I'd like added to Zscaler Cloud DLP currently, because anything you could think of that should be in cloud or SaaS solutions is already there, except for machine learning, as it's the only functionality that seems to be lacking in the solution. Machine learning is an additional policy available in other DLP solutions in the market, but my team didn't find it in Zscaler Cloud DLP.

I've been working with Zscaler Cloud DLP for a year and a half.

Zscaler Cloud DLP is a very stable product. My team had very, very few complaints about it, and I never had a situation where an end user would come to me and complain about performance or latency issues with Zscaler Cloud DLP.

Zscaler Cloud DLP is a scalable product.

We've never contacted the Zscaler Cloud DLP technical support team because it's a very straightforward product, so we didn't need help or raised cases about it.

The initial setup for Zscaler Cloud DLP was very straightforward because the portal walks you through it, and you get initial help for a few hours from Zcaler professionals who help you and walk you through the entire setup process.  The team understands what your needs are and give you the best possible suggestions on how to use Zscaler Cloud DLP, how to administer it, and how to maintain it, so that's all good.

The licensing model for Zscaler Cloud DLP allows you to only buy what you need. You don't need to buy it as a whole, so it's good.

I evaluated Forcepoint and Symantec DLP solutions, and both are equally good.

What other advice do I have?

I'm still working with Zscaler Cloud DLP.

Zscaler Cloud DLP is not difficult to maintain, and maintaining it is the vendor's responsibility, so you don't need to worry about it.

I would recommend Zscaler Cloud DLP to others because it's the best proxy product in the market at the moment.

Zscaler Cloud DLP is a pretty good product. It's just missing one or two features, so I would rate it as eight out of ten.

September 2022
    632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    VP of Engineering at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    Allows you to employ data and is simple across the whole product suite
    • "It's one of the easier products on the market as far as set-ups and deployments. Even across their whole product suite, they've made it pretty simple."
    • "In the next release, I would like to see RE2 Regex supported."

What is our primary use case?

The use case is employing data, PII, and even HIPAA. I do public sector work for hospitals, counties, and local governments.

I am using the latest version of Zscaler Cloud DLP. I'm a licensed installer—a subcontractor. I do a lot of installs for different companies and retailers, and one company that I do in Salesforce. There are probably 20 or 30 instances of it that I'm actively involved in at any given moment.

The solution is deployed on Zscaler's private cloud.

What is most valuable?

It's one of the easier products on the market as far as set-ups and deployments. Even across their whole product suite, they've made it pretty simple.

The infrastructure supporting it can vary: GCP, Azure, and AWS.

What needs improvement?

It really comes down to the Regex that's being used from Zscaler's DLP. That's the one area that we find technical limitations because the rest of the industries use an RE2, and Regex and Zscaler just aren't there. It's not because of the technology and they can't code it. It's because of the cost of these actual Regex strings from a query perspective. There's limited flexibility from a Regex perspective as far as data matching and expanding your DLP dictionaries and libraries.

In the next release, I would like to see RE2 Regex supported.

I have been using this solution for almost two years. We are an authorized seller.

Setup is simple.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

My advice is to ensure that the solution meets your DLP use cases. I find that for 99% of the companies that are going to purchase this Cloud DLP, it has to fit their use cases. It's going to get into the Fortune 50s and the companies that are more security conscious and that are doing extremely complex DLP policies. Those folks will likely have some issues. It's not going to be a straight, "Hey, these are the DLP rules I have today. I want to move these over to Zscaler."

That's one area where I think customers should do their own investigation and ensure that it fits their use cases before they jump in and purchase the product and then find out that maybe 25% of their DLP rules are too complex to be migrating.

Private Cloud
    Sr. Product Management Specialist at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
    Reseller
    Easy to implement and scale, prompt support, stable
    • "As a cloud-based service, it is very easily implemented."
    • "Price-wise, it is a costly product and it should be reduced."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers and we have multiple vendors for multiple technologies.

We work with Zscaler for their proxy server.

Zscaler proxy server has two uses. It is not just application control, it is for the company users to access company data from the outside, or for the company users from inside the company to access the internet.

It's a completely SaaS-based application.

What is most valuable?

As a cloud-based service, it is very easily implemented. This is one of the biggest advantages to choosing it.

We have been selling Zscaler Cloud DLP for between five and eight years. It's an older product now.

This is a very stable product and we plan to continue providing it to our clients.

As a completely cloud-based application, it is easy to scale. You can simply increase the number of users. We have between 30 and 40 customers who are using it.

The technical support is very prompt and very good.

It is straightforward to deploy. The length of time required for deployment depends on the number of users, but the average is within a week.

As long as you have some guidance or an understanding of the Zscaler platform, that should be enough to complete the initial setup.

Price-wise, it is a costly product and it should be reduced.

It is an auto-renewal subscription service. It is renewed annually.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend for anybody who wants a scalable, cloud-based solution.

Overall, this is a very good product. They release new features every year and they are automatically added to the platform. My only complaint is that the price is high.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Download our free Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Zscaler, Broadcom, Forcepoint, and more!
    Updated: September 2022