Zoom OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zoom is the #2 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools. PeerSpot users give Zoom an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Zoom is most commonly compared to TeamViewer: Zoom vs TeamViewer. Zoom is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 15% of all views.
Zoom Buyer's Guide

Download the Zoom Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Zoom?

Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Our easy, reliable cloud platform for video, phone, content sharing, and chat runs across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. Message me to learn more about how Zoom can help your business or organization Visit zoom.com and follow @zoom_us.

Zoom Customers

Fortinet, Veeva, Proofpoint, Box, Ticketmaster, Trend Micro, Caesars Entertainment, Santa Clara University, Pandora, Stanford Continuing Studies

Zoom Video

Archived Zoom Reviews (more than two years old)

Chandra Cipta - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager at Mitrais
Stable and easy to implement with great video conferencing capabilities
  • "The ability to make video calls is the solution's most valuable aspect."
  • "I can't think of any features that are lacking."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution daily for meetings.

Basically, our office just uses it when we need to have a meeting or have a call with a client or even a colleague in the company as well. Due to COVID, everyone is currently working from home, so we really do use it a lot.

What is most valuable?

The ability to make video calls is the solution's most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

The solution fulfills our needs at this time. I can't think of any features that are lacking.

I've been using the solution probably for about two years now.

Zoom
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Zoom. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. The solution itself is very simple. It doesn't have bugs and glitches. It doesn't crash and affect meetings.

The solution can scale well.

Right now, we have about 500 people in-house using the solution. Right now, everyone is using it int eh company, so I don't know if we can actually increase usage.

We haven't had any issues with the solution so far, so we haven't had to contact them at all. I can't speak to the quality of their service.

We're a Microsoft partner and therefore do use a lot of their products.

We did use another conference software before Zoom, however, I don't remember the name of it, and as I recall it wasn't very stable. OUr connection would often drop. The application couldn't handle the acceptance of our firewall very well and kept having problems.

The initial setup is not complex at all. It was all very straightforward. It's quite easy.

Deployment is dead simple We just buy the license and start sending invites to meetings. There isn't any strategy needed to get started.

You only need one person for deployment and maintenance.

We are support integrators ourselves, so we are quite capable of handling any deployment in house. We don't need the help of resellers or consultants.

I have no idea how much we pay to use the service.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not the one who send out the invite or minutes the application itself. I simply just use it for meetings for Zoom.

It's a software solution, so every time we use it, we're using the most up to date version available.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. It's an excellent product.

CIO at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Great functionality, very reliable, and offers excellent video and audio quality
  • "The video and audio quality are very good."
  • "Although I have not experienced this issue directly, I have heard that there are a lot of security issues with Zoom. Security is very important to us and I have read in the news, there have been a few security issues with them, which worries us in general. We have to update this solution to use it for business purposes soon. We have to check it with an independent security product to verify its safety."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to run meetings with our partners occasionally.

What is most valuable?

We like that the solution is very common. Everybody is using this type of collaboration software, which makes it easy for everyone to jump on a call, as everyone is familiar with the software. A lot of our partners are using Zoom.

The functionality is great.

We like the act that you can record a session if you like.

The video and audio quality are very good.

We can use it anywhere, including on-premise or remotely.

What needs improvement?

Although I have not experienced this issue directly, I have heard that there are a lot of security issues with Zoom. Security is very important to us and I have read in the news, there have been a few security issues with them, which worries us in general. We have to update this solution to use it for business purposes soon. We have to check it with an independent security product to verify its safety.

I don't know if Zoom has a mobile application, however, if they don't, they should consider developing one.

We've only been using the solution since the start of COVID-19, which has been, at this point, about six months.

The solution is very popular mostly because of its stability. It may be one of the top three solutions at this point. We haven't faced any issues and find it to be reliable. It doesn't crash or freeze and I haven't experienced bugs or glitches.

About ten people in our organization use the solution, and occasionally maybe up to 15 colleagues who like to use Zoom and Zoom's business solutions for meetings.

I don't have a problem with scaling the solution. I haven't experienced any technical issues scaling and have been able to talk with big partners and corporates quite easily.

We do plan to move to the business version of Zoom in the future.

We do use other conferencing solutions as well, however, most of our clients are using Zoom, so it is our preference. We often also use Microsoft Teams.

The initial setup was not complex at all. It was very fast and straightforward. The whole process really is just a few clicks and you are ready to go.

We didn't really have an implementation strategy, and deployment doesn't take long. Right now, we're just using the online version and considering buying a business account, which we haven't done yet. I'm not sure if that will have more of a setup process or not.

We're using the free version of the solution currently, and are considering a business account in the future.

I believe for business accounts, Zoom offers monthly and yearly pricing.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the free version of the solution. We needed to have a company type of access to use it so we do not have a local installation.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

Zoom
November 2022
655,711 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reliable and easy to navigate with easy access to lots of great functionalities
  • "The solution is easy to navigate."
  • "The solution needs to have a feature that allows you to take over another person's screen. right now, that's not possible. This is important for our purposes due to the act that we are often using the solution to troubleshoot issues for our clients. If we could just take over their screen and go in and fix issues, it would make troubleshooting infinitely easier."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for business meetings and occasionally for some personal events as well.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very reliable. I've never had issues with the video or audio.

The solution is easy to navigate.

It's very easy to find the functionalities I need when I am using it.

The product makes it easy to invite people to the meetings.

It offers great collaboration functionality.

What needs improvement?

The solution should also make it easier to be able to share material with each other during the meetings.

If the flexibility could improve, so there aren't disruptions during meetings, that would be great. Occasionally we get a frozen page. However, that may be network or connectivity issues on our end.

While I did occasionally use Zoom before COVID-19, due to participation in events organized by our software partner, I've only really begun to use it regularly this year, after we had to socially distance.

The stability is great. It's reliable. The audio and video always work. There's no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash either.

The scalability is fine. If users need to scale the solution, they can do so easily. You can have many people on one call.

We also use Skype. Both Skype and Zoom have been very useful to us during COVID social distancing requirements.

The product is very reminiscent of Skype. I prefer both Zoom and Skype to Microsoft Teams, which I dislike. Teams is more difficult to use and to invite people to meetings. Skype and Zoom, for example, are easy to navigate to the functionalities I need.

I also do not like WebEx, which I have also used in the past. Webex takes control of my camera sometimes without explicitly stating so, and this is an unpleasant experience for me. Zoom never does this.

I don't have much to say about the initial implementation. I always just use the web application, and, in that sense, there really isn't a setup of deployment of the product. It's just a website you go to utilize the services.

In my past experience using WebEx and Skype, however, I recall their setups to be quite easy and relatively quick. I imagine Zoom is very much the same.

What other advice do I have?

We're just Zoom customers. We don't have any special business partnership with the company.

I'm using the group application and I believe it's the latest version of the solution that I always access. I don't have it downloaded onto my PC.

Due to COVID, I've had to organize sessions on my own. Before COVID, I was only invited to sessions. It's only been recently that I've had to get to know all the functionality of to solution and processes behind inviting other people to meetings, etc.

I would advise other users to simply use the web application of the solution and to avoid downloading anything onto your desktop.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I really like the solution. It has great useability.

Manager at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Simple to use, cost-effective, and is highly available to everybody
  • "The biggest advantage with Zoom, compared to other similar products, is the simplicity."
  • "We would like to have the ability to connect people using phone numbers so that non-Zoom users can join conversations."

What is our primary use case?

I am primarily using Zoom for web-based training. I'm providing it as part of my job or instead, learning myself. Right now, I am taking Excel training.

What is most valuable?

There are a large number of users because it is very accessible to people in organizations. Other similar products are sometimes blocked but so far, we have not had any firewall-related issues with Zoom.

What needs improvement?

We would like to have the ability to connect people using phone numbers so that non-Zoom users can join conversations. For example, on my side, I can be using Zoom but on the other side, the person is using their phone.

Integration with Microsoft products such as Outlook would be great.

I began using Zoom within the past three or four months.

Zoom is very stable.

The scalability seems pretty good and we haven't faced any issues. We have had training seminars with more than 60 participants and everybody was successful. Nobody reported any technical issues.

I have not faced any technical issues and have not had to contact support.

Our main tools for internal communication at the company are Microsoft Teams and Skype. Zoom is mainly used for training sessions and does not have as many users. I am not aware of any plan to increase our usage of it.

The popularity of Zoom is the primary reason that we switch to using it for training sessions. It is accessible by everybody because it's a free tool.

The initial setup is straightforward. I received a link to join a meeting, the software downloaded, and everything was fine. There was nothing special and I didn't have any problems.

We have a few people who are responsible for maintenance.

Zoom can be used for free.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Zoom is that it's a great tool, I don't have any complaints, and I recommend it.

Regional Councillor at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Has good screen sharing capability but is difficult to collaborate on the spot
  • "The screen sharing feature is valuable. It is easy to set up a meeting if you are on a call with a non Teams user if you need to do screen sharing."
  • "It is difficult to collaborate."

What is our primary use case?

Right now for meetings, we are using Zoom. We use it for video communications. Since the pandemic started we started using Zoom. Our first experience we had a problem with security. We got people bombing the meetings.

What is most valuable?

The screen sharing feature is valuable. It is easy to set up a meeting if you are on a call with a non Teams user if you need to do screen sharing. COVID-19 is showing us a new way to communicate, that everything doesn't have to be face to face meetings. And so the more you can really understand the capability of the software, the better you are.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult to collaborate. You have to book a meeting first before being able to do anything. We have had experiences where the meeting has frozen. We had to shut it down and get back on again to keep going. Zoom has privacy issues and also stability issues. I would like to see integrations into other applications. It would be nice to have multiple people be able to collaborate on the same screen.

We have been using Zoom for three or four months. Since the Pandemic started.

I would much rather be using Teams and be able to dial up anybody. With Teams, you can collaborate and share files with anybody. Teams are more dynamic. We have also used Skype.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Zoom at a five on a scale of 10. I don't think it has all the integration. This is also because of security issues.

Nandini Yadav - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Research Associate at LearningMate
Good quality, offers screen-sharing, and the interface is easy to use
  • "The most valuable feature is push notifications"
  • "They should consider increasing the time limits for free users."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for video calling, web, and group meetings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is push notifications. We use it as a user and Zoom has the option to control the entire meeting with the push notifications. One person can control the entire meeting, which is quite handy for an organizational meeting.

For personal meetings, the screen-sharing and the quality of the video is great.

The interface is easy to understand, and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

For those who cannot purchase the ID, they have a time limit of 40 minutes. They should consider increasing the time limits for free users.

I am from India, and here we have students who are using Zoom for their college classes or science classes. If they would increase the video times then it would increase their market size. Once they have more time, they can use it more often and could possibly decide to purchase the paid version.

The backgrounds are a bit dull. I would like to see some improvements made to the backgrounds that are available.

We started using the free version of Zoom a year ago, but only just made the official purchase one month ago.

We have been using the Business Zoom in full for the last month.

It's a stable solution. We don't have any issues connecting.

This solution is scalable.

We have 500 employees who are using it. It is being used extensively in our organization right now as everyone is working from remote locations.

In India, the COVID lockdown is increasing every month. The chances are that we will be increasing our account users.

I have not spoken with anyone in the technical support team. We have our own IT department and go directly to them if we have any issues.

Previously we were using Join Me. The interface was poor and we were having many issues during web calls and group meetings. We switched to using Zoom and the experience has been very good.

We have also used Skype, Skype for Business, and some other tools. Zoom is easier.

I have used Hangouts Meet and when you increase users the video quality deteriorates and you will face many issues.

There is a free version available with time limits.

What other advice do I have?

Depending on the company budget, this would be a great solution to use. It's user-friendly and the video quality is very good. The bandwidth it requires is good, and you can continue with your meetings without any issues.

Compared to other products on the market, this is a very good solution. There are very few options available that have a good interface that is easy to use and understand with good video calling.

Global Procurement at a recruiting/HR firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, and scalable, with a setup that's easy
  • "The solution can scale easily."
  • "The only thing that I can't get to work well is putting one of those little fancy wallpaper picture screens behind me during meetings so that I don't show my house or the room I'm attending from. Everyone is basically working remotely at this point. It would help to just have a neutral professional background for meetings that's easy to add."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for all of our internal and external meetings.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

The solution can scale easily.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The only thing that I can't get to work well is putting one of those little fancy wallpaper picture screens behind me during meetings so that I don't show my house or the room I'm attending from. Everyone is basically working remotely at this point. It would help to just have a neutral professional background for meetings that's easy to add. It might be helpful if there was a tutorial to walk people through the process of adding a background. It would also be great if they offered more recommended backgrounds on hand to choose from.

We've been using the solution for a year and a half.

The solution is largely very stable. I've only seen one little glitch in Zoom and I don't know if it was from something on our network or Zoom's. That slight glitch happened a few weeks ago. It was only a hiccup, but that was it. That's the only one I've seen. Other than that, there aren't crashes or bugs. It's been reliable, mostly.

It's very easy to scale. If we need to expand the solution, we know we will be able to.

Currently, we have at least 2,200 users on Zoom right now. We extensively use the solution on a daily basis. I use it at least five times a day myself.

We have a central IT team that handles any issues we may have. We wouldn't contact Zoom technical support directly as we would go through them.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not complex at all.

It's been a year and a half, so I can't recall how long the deployment actually took.

You might only need one person to handle the maintenance, and I doubt if they need to work on it full time. It's pretty low-maintenance.

Our own in-house IT team handled the implementation and configuration for us. We didn't need outside contractors or resellers.

We pay a corporate license for the solution. I don't know the exact pricing on the cost to the company.

What other advice do I have?

We're simply customers of the solution; we don't have a professional business relationship with Zoom.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I'm not exactly a technical person, so I am only speaking of my personal non-technical experience.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It's been great to use so far.

Enterprise Network Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Easy to use and stable, with a free version available for users
  • "The solution offers a free version."
  • "The paid version is quite expensive. There's no middle ground between free and paid."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our meetings.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

The solution offers a free version.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if the solution has areas of improvement just yet. I'm still new to the service.

If there are quality issues, I find that it is usually a bandwidth problem, and not related to Zoom itself.

There's a limit as to how many people you can have on a call. They should open this up a bit to include more, if possible.

It would be helpful if the solution had more features for users to take advantage of.

I've only been using the solution for about three months at this point. It's still rather new to me.

The stability of the solution has been good. I'd say that it's been reliable and extremely consistent. I can't recall experiencing any bugs or glitches. The solution doesn't freeze or crash. It's been great.

I'm not sure how many people are currently using the app at our organization. It's used pretty extensively in the organization, however. I believe there are plans to increase usage in the future.

We've never had to contact technical support, that I'm aware of. They have pretty great online support if users have any questions or need any troubleshooting. There isn't really a need to pick up the phone and call anyone.

I previously used Skype a little bit.

The initial setup was not complex. It was very straightforward. The deployment process was also extremely fast.

We don't need anyone to maintain the solution. There isn't someone in the company that's tasked with "making sure it works". It's pretty low-maintenance in that sense.

I didn't need a consultant or reseller to help me install the product. I handled the implementation myself.

There's a free version and there's an expensive paid version. There needs to be something in between. Something in the middle could have more people using the product.

What other advice do I have?

We use the latest version of the solution. I don't use the solution too much; I just use it if I have to for meetings.

I'd recommend the solution. It's a good product. For quick meetings or for sharing information, it's fantastic.

Nathan Brookwood - PeerSpot reviewer
Research Fellow at Insight 64
Great for remote meetings, helpful during social distancing and offers a free version
  • "There is a free version of the solution."
  • "They could improve security more."

What is most valuable?

The ability to hold remote meetings is helpful.

There is a free version of the solution.

What needs improvement?

The solution shouldn't charge so much for their services.

I'm always in favor of a lower price. That said, I find there's a big gap between the free version and the professional version. When I looked at what it would cost to be able to get the full version, I said, "Gee, that's too much." If there was something in between the free version and the least expensive paid version, I probably would have paid for it. I would've gone for that.

They could improve security more.

They should make it a little bit easier to use, in terms of screen-sharing. One of the problems I have is when I go into a screen-sharing mode, I don't see what the other people see. If I could have my screen synced with what was being shared and me, that would be better.

I've been using it for a couple of years, but my usage, like everybody else's really picked up with the COVID pandemic.

The solution can be pricey.

What other advice do I have?

I do use Zoom, but again, just as an ordinary consumer. I don't have any experience with the high end or professional version.

Normally when I would use it, it would be because some associate or organization I was dealing with was using Zoom in order to reach out to people like me. I didn't even realize until a few months ago, that Zoom charged in order to get a version that was capable of handling more than a few users. I always wondered how they made money.

Founding Member at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Ability to record interviews has assisted with my studies; screen share and annotation are good features
  • "Ability to record interviews."
  • "Variable sound quality."

What is our primary use case?

My main use for Zoom has been for collaborating with other students, but I also use it for tutoring and for recreational purposes with friends and family. I'm not using Zoom in the workplace but at the university where I study, all the students use it and we meet regularly on Zoom. I've downloaded it to my computer and mobile phone and for now, I'm using it on a daily basis. I would love to work remotely so I would definitely consider using it more. I'm an elementary educator and customer of Zoom.

What is most valuable?

Screen share is a great feature. I've used it for recording interviews and then I'm able to refer back to it or download and publish it. Annotating is a very helpful feature and of course the chat is nice if there's a lot going on and you want to talk individually to an individual who's on there. I think it's quite an intuitive solution regarding use and I've had pretty good luck with the quality, so it's just an easy place to have a group gathering.

What needs improvement?

It seems that lately it takes a while to connect and a long time to load. It would be helpful if that was a little more instantaneous. And then I guess sometimes the sound quality can be a bit of an issue.

I'm not super technical, but it really would be great if the quality could be improved. I'd also like to see the ability to receive alerts when the product is offline, and notifications about upcoming meetings.

I've been using this solution for almost a year.

So far it's working. It's very stable for me.

The setup was very straightforward, it took just a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Nathaniel Loch - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Analyst at Highland Ventures Group LLC
Easy to setup meetings with great stability

What is our primary use case?

I use it for school mostly. I use it for remote meetings with one or more people.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the video conferencing and the whole invite to set up a meeting is really easy to figure out and use. The chat functions are pretty simple as well.

What needs improvement?

Zoom needs to address the privacy issues I've heard about. There have been multiple breaches that have made the news. That would be something to address.

I have used Zoom for a year and a half.

Connectivity is surprisingly good. I've had upwards of 90 people on a call and with no issues noticed, and seems pretty easy to manage people, seeing as the host of the call can usually mute everyone.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Zoom at a nine on a scale of ten.

Other
Field BDE Tech Data at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use, with a great user interface and perfect for virtual meetings
  • "The solution is easy to use with an easy user interface."
  • "It would be useful, for my purposes, to be able to run a meeting like a webinar where the solution doesn't show all of the people on the actual call. It would be great if it had the flexibility to allow people to "hide" themselves from the meeting, or to give the person running the meeting the capability of choosing who could be seen, or not."

What is our primary use case?

Currently, I use the solution in place of travelling to offices. It helps me conduct virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use with an easy user interface.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for two years.

I don't have any information on other solutions we've used in the past.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer. We don't have a professional relationship with Zoom.

The solution is great when you need to hold meetings virtually.

Rebekah Shields - PeerSpot reviewer
Strategy & Operations at Allstacks
Very user friendly, easy to share screens, and lots of useful features
  • "There are lots of great features available to every user."
  • "How they have the gallery aligned when someone is sharing a screen isn't ideal right now. If there were more options on how to arrange it, would be ideal."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for remote meetings.

My typical use case is doing product tours, as well as tool connections, and explainer videos for how to use dashboards for our product. I teach people through virtual training.

How has it helped my organization?

Technically, the solution hasn't changed the way I work so much. I've been remote since before COVID-19 and all my work is being handled in the same way as it was before. However, I'm very aware that for everyone else in the world it's probably changed the way meetings are traditionally handled.

We have a technical product that is quite complicated to understand without being able to visually see and walk people through it and show them how to use it. Zoom makes it possible to do visual training. Instead of being in there face to face, however, we're able to actually just walk them through each training session and new users can ask questions, and dive deep into the product to understand it better.

What is most valuable?

I like being able to record the sessions if I need to. I also like the option to annotate.

The options to add polls and share screens are great.

There are lots of great features available to every user.

It's pretty user friendly and easy for people to use. All the clients I have say they don't typically have any problems getting into it or using it. It's great in that respect.

What needs improvement?

I would say the polls need improvement.

When you're using the video, there's a little dialogue box that pops up. It's annoying to everybody who uses Zoom. It would be nice if it had some more features for driving interaction and engagement during meetings. However, they need to make sure the dialog box is up there in a more convenient way.

The ability to make it easier for poll creation and usage would be helpful. If I make a poll, I want it to be accessible to all my different meetings, not just that one meeting. Right now, it's a lot of extra work due to the fact that I have to continuously re-create it every time I need it.

I have been using the solution for at least a year, or, maybe at this point, two.

I haven't had any problems with stability. It's actually been much more stable than the other five different conferencing tools I have used. I'm happy with that. It's quite reliable.

We only have 16 users on the solution at this time. That's everyone in our organization.

We use the solution often, however, since everyone is already on it in our organization, we don't have plans to scale more or increase usage. We're already at 100% usage.

From day one, we've been using video conferencing as our main method of communication.

I've never had to reach out to technical support. I have a background in IT, so my instinct, if I run into issues, is to figure everything out myself. I can't speak to the quality of their service since I've never dealt with them.

I've tried about five other solutions, and Zoom, by far, has been the most stable and reliable.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward in some ways. However, it's not intuitive per se. It's straightforward once you're aware of it, and yet, there are a lot of features I didn't even know were there until I did some research. It wasn't obvious from how they have their website set up. You have to really dig for features. I found it only after six months or a year into using it.

We currently use the business account on Zoom. I'm not sure of what the exact costs are to use the solution. The pricing, as I understand it, is very straightforward. There might be just one add-on cost, which would be for users who would like to join in or talk via toll-free dialing.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a professional relationship with Zoom.

In terms of advice for implementing the solution, I would probably just say make sure that new users go into the settings within their account and see what they have turned on and off. For instance, I just told my CEO and a couple of the other executives about the option to annotate because I assumed that they knew that was possible. They didn't.

There's also the capability of using a whiteboard. There are a bunch of other really great features that are available as well that are not obvious at first. Users need to just go in through their account settings and click on everything and set the account up in ways that are convenient for them depending on what they're trying to accomplish.

It's strange that the majority of the cool features are by default disabled, so users have to go in and become familiar with them on the back end. Everyone needs to take the time to make sure you really play around with it, or go to the help center and watch some videos, and read some of the articles to see what's available.

CTO at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to conduct and join meetings, with a customizable backdrop to shroud your surroundings
  • "The most valuable feature is the ability to connect to and conduct meetings."
  • "They need to improve the background feature, to be able to set a background without interfering with the current background."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for meetings and interviews.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to connect to and conduct meetings.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve the background feature, to be able to set a background without interfering with the current background. For example, if your home needs some tidying up you don't want people to see your things.

Currently, you can change the background but it's a lot of work. If they have to ability to cut the background that would be much better.

I have been using Zoom for two years.

What other advice do I have?

I sell cybersecurity services.

Network Security, Information Security at University of Central Missouri
Good for remote meetings, user friendly, and flexible
  • "The solution is very user friendly and flexible."
  • "The privacy settings need to be more apparent, otherwise anyone can wander into meeting rooms and disrupt them."

What is our primary use case?

We have primarily been using the solution for remote meetings during COVID-19 quarantine. We use it for online classes.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very user friendly and flexible.

What needs improvement?

There is something called Zoom bombing. Users can misuse the product if other users don't enable privacy settings on their meetings. What happened recently was there were 200-300 participants with the host being unaware. The host had not enabled the proper privacy or security settings before initiating the meeting, so unauthenticated users were able to jump on and participate without actually being part of any group. The privacy settings need to be more apparent, otherwise anyone can wander into meeting rooms and disrupt them.

First-time users should get a mandatory walk-through or some sort of mandatory training before installing or using the software. It would help protect them and help them understand how to use the product effectively before jumping into their first meeting.

I'm a student; I've been using the solution since the beginning of COVID-19 when quarantining and social distancing began. It's been around three months.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

I'm just a Zoom user. I'm a student and I've been using it for my classes at University.

Owner at Sabath Supply Chain Consultants, Inc.
A great format for connecting visually to clients and for sharing graphics
  • "The ability to share graphics and visuals."
  • "Occasional system overload that requires a restart."

What is our primary use case?

I generally use Zoom for meetings when presenting to potential customers. It's a good way of being able to present information. I own the company and I'm a customer of Zoom.

What is most valuable?

It's great that I can see people when I'm talking to them, it's really important to have that feature and to connect to clients. I also like the ability to share graphics; the ability to go through a PowerPoint presentation or share other visuals is very important. Beyond that, I know there are lots of other capabilities that we haven't used very much.

What needs improvement?

There are sometimes too many parallel meetings going on and the system gets overloaded, somebody drops out or we have to start over again. That's something that could be improved.

I'd like to see 100% reliability in the solution. I also find that the controls are a little awkward, but that's a minor point. It's really the consistency and the reliability that are the big issues.

I've been using this product for a year.

It's a stable solution most of the time, but I think it's dependent on the number of users at a given time. Too many users and you can have some issues.

In general, the solution is scalable although there are occasionally issues when meetings are conducted in parallel and we might lose a connection.

I've made one or two calls to customer support and shared emails with them so it's been quite limited. I got a reasonable response, they were pretty decent.

What other advice do I have?

I think the main thing I would suggest is to get some kind of assurance that there won't be overload problems. I believe one of my clients has some kind of arrangement or package with them and we've never had a problem on any Zoom meeting with this client.

I find that I can have more meetings and greater effect using Zoom. I've had many live meetings and conference calls over the years. It's difficult to connect with clients on a conference call. Zoom makes meetings as effective as a live meeting or close to it.

I'd rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Collin Cheong - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Credit Risk Management at IFS Capital
Good for internal communications, allows you to share screens, and is easy to setup
  • "The most valuable features are that you are able to share the screen, and draw on it."
  • "The time limitations for the free version should be increased from 40 minutes."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for normal web meetings. We use it for internal communication.

We have regular weekly meetings and for those who don't have to share any screens, we just call.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that you are able to share the screen, and draw on it.

What needs improvement?

The time limitations for the free version should be increased from 40 minutes. We do have an account but not enough to go around.

During the screen sharing, there is an option to zoom in. If they could add a feature where you could just drag if you wanted to zoom in or when you want to zoom out, that would be great.

I have been using the latest version of Zoom for three months.

The stability is acceptable. There are no serious issues.

It's relatively easy to scale zoom. You just get another ID.

We have 100 users.

We have not contacted technical support.

Previously, we did not use a different solution. We stared with Zoom.

The initial setup is relatively okay, but it's not as easy as Google Meet.

I did the installation myself, it took a couple of minutes.

We have an account but we are also using the free version.

What other advice do I have?

If you are interested in a free version, you should go with Google Meet because there is no time limit.

Marc Staimer - PeerSpot reviewer
President & CDS at Dragon Slayer Consulting
Easy to use for multi-person meetings, but an option to encrypt communications would be nice
  • "This video conferencing product is easy to use."
  • "The security needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I use Zoom for having virtual multi-person meetings.

What is most valuable?

This video conferencing product is easy to use.

You can present your desktop during meetings.

What needs improvement?

The security needs to be improved.

The ability to encrypt communications would be nice.

I have been using Zoom for a couple of years.

Zoom is stable for the most part. Like any product, there can be issues with instability, but it is adequate for my needs.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

I have used Google Meetings, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Webex, and ON24. I also use Skype or Skype for Business, although I don't like either one.

These days, I mostly use Zoom. It is what I prefer when I need to have multi-person meetings for longer than 40 minutes. I would also say that it is a lot more stable than Webex and GoToMeeting.

The price is $149 USD yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

RPA Operations Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Good connectivity and clarity of sound has improved communication internationally
  • "Ability to record sessions."
  • "Password requirement for every meeting."

What is our primary use case?

We're a small company, around 65 people. Some are external consultants and the rest are employees. We've been using Zoom since well before the pandemic. I'm the RPA operations manager and we're a customer.

How has it helped my organization?

We're a remote organization, so the ability to have video conferencing is very helpful, both internally and externally with our clients. Not everything requires face to face or video conferencing, but it's nice to have that ability and on the current outlook of the world, I think it's going to be the way to go in the future.

What is most valuable?

I like Zoom because you can record your sessions. You have the option to be able to select whether or not your audio is through your laptop or through your phone and you have different recording options. You can record with or without sound. We have the option to use the free 40-minute sessions or to pay for anything longer. One of the benefits of the 40 minute free sessions is that anyone can access them and it's great for short meetings. Also, Zoom recently implemented a Microsoft Office add-in, which means you can now schedule Zoom meetings without having to go into the Zoom app.

What needs improvement?

The one thing I don't like is that they now require you to have a password for every meeting and when I'm just dealing with my staff, where I want to have a conversation but not necessarily a meeting. I know this was implemented due to security concerns, but I don't necessarily like it or need it for everything. That's the only thing I've come across that I didn't really care for, especially in cases where I'm not really using it for a video conference, but for a conference line.

Our company has been using this solution for about a year.

The solution is currently handling hundreds of thousands of people across the country and across the world so it's pretty stable.

There isn't really an issue of scalability as we don't maintain it and each individual contractor or employee downloads their own version. When updates comes through, we'll get a patch or  a new version and they'll be required to upload or install it before they can continue using the solution, like with any other product.

I've never used technical support.

I like Zoom better than WebEx or Skype. We're dealing with people all over the world, so specifically when we're connecting to Columbia or South America, Skype doesn't hold up well, Zooms' clarity seems to be much better. I think the connectivity of Zoom is better.

The initial setup is very straightforward and simple - download it and you're off to the races.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Kyoko Mori - PeerSpot reviewer
Director at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
MSP
The Whiteboard feature enables meetings in which everyone can join to type, draw, and write
  • "Whiteboard is a good feature for having a meeting in which everyone can join to type or draw, and write. If we have a brainstorming-type meeting, we can share our own ideas with the whiteboard."
  • "They should improve the sharing file features from accessing the internal network. If we cannnot share our documents through this meeting, our meeting productivity will decrease dramatically. We need these features."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zoom for our internal meetings and meetings with customers. We also use this platform for our training programs. For internal meetings, we use it through our internal network. For the training, we use the public network. Since we have the COVID-19 situation, we cannot have a meeting or training face to face, so we select this platform instead of Skype for Business which lacks features we expected and has a slow network. Mostly, our meeting size might be 3 to 20, and the training might be 10 to more than 100 people.

How has it helped my organization?

Showing our faces helps this COVID-19 circumstance to feel that we are not alone and we can easily access and communicate with each other. We do not have a limitation for our communication. We can communicte with each other anywhere and anythime. However, we have a security issue and cannot use some of the features from our company network. One example is that we cannot share the internal use only files because the file sharing feature through our network cannot use it. That made us choose another platform.

What is most valuable?

Whiteboard is a good feature for having a meeting in which everyone can join to type or draw, and write. If we have a brainstorming-type meeting, we can share our own ideas with the whiteboard.

Breakout room helps us to set the group discussion during the training. Before this platform, we have to design the multi-network to achieve this situation.

Icon status chat helps if the participants have any questions or any comments the facilitator can see through the features. These features are important because the facilitator cannot see their face directly so we cannot see their expression and never know whether they understand what the facilitator says.

What needs improvement?

Security is the biggest concern issue right now, otherwise, we cannot use this platform in our organization. That situation will affect our meeting and training infrastructure. Our use is not only communication but also sharing useful documents and ideas.

They should improve the sharing file features from accessing the internal network. If we cannnot share our documents through this meeting, our meeting productivity will decrease dramatically. We need these features.

We need features like a dashboard type for the whiteboard. After moving to the breakout room, they can write or create some outputs on the whiteboard. However, after moving back to the main room, they cannot share the outputs. If it is a text, we might paste and copy but it is not user-friendly.

I have been using Zoom for one month.

We are considering some of them like WebEx, MS Teams because it solves our issues.

The use case and size will matter to the organization.

Hybrid Cloud
Consultant at Commercial Metals Company
Easy to implement and use, but there are active concerns with respect to security
  • "Zoom is easy to use and makes it easy to communicate with people remotely in meetings."
  • "The inclusion of some more advanced security features would be an improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I manage our team that provides solutions to our clients.

We use Zoom to conduct virtual meetings. We use it to communicate internally, as well as with our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is teleconferencing. This tool is good enough for employees who want to be able to work at home.

Zoom is easy to use and makes it easy to communicate with people remotely in meetings.

What needs improvement?

The quality of this solution is depending on the internet connection, and as such, can sometimes be unstable.

There are some security issues with Zoom, which is something that needs to be resolved. The inclusion of some more advanced security features would be an improvement.

We have been using Zoom for about one year.

Given that all of the employees are working from home, we use this solution every day for teleconferencing. The only issue we have had with instability is due to our internet connections.

This solution is very scalable. The entire company is using Zoom, although our meetings generally have less than 30 people.

We have been able to resolve our own problems without assistance from the vendor. It is very easy to use.

We use multiple solutions for virtual meetings and conferences including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Webex. For meeting with enterprise clients, we generally use Microsoft Teams. When it comes to meeting with the public, we more often use Zoom.

The initial setup is very easy.

Our in-house team implemented Zoom for our use.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is that it can be used for non-critical information. However, due to active security concerns, at least in the short-term, meetings that contain critical or private information should be conducted on another platform.

In terms of how I would rate this product, I would score the quality of audio and video at about seven out of ten. Security-wise, however, I am worried about it.

Overall, I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Project Manager at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Simple to use and very stable
  • "When there is a large number of people involved, I can pinpoint a particular person and I can message him in Zoom, rather than messaging everybody involved. I can directly communicate with that person and I find that feature very useful."
  • "I would like to see them develop end-to-end encryption, like WhatsApp. That would improve the security of the software."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zoom to connect with other business units.

What is most valuable?

When there is a large number of people involved, I can pinpoint a particular person and I can message him in Zoom, rather than messaging everybody involved. I can directly communicate with that person and I find that feature very useful.

What needs improvement?

Also, suppose ten people are participating and talking. I can only see four people at a time. So the number of video frames could be better.

Finally, file sharing and formation of groups in this software would be a real improvement.

We have been using this solution for nearly a year.

It's working well. I haven't found any stability issues. On average, I use it twice a week.

There are no issues with the scalability. In our organization there are at least 500 to 1,000 people who use the solution.

It was very easy.

With Skype for teams I can form groups and I can share multiple files and have online being shared. I don't find those features in Zoom. Zoom is more for teleconferencing.

What other advice do I have?

Anyone can use it. It's very handy.

Graeme Trevayne - PeerSpot reviewer
Managing Consultant at Coeus Consulting
Easy to set up, the breakout rooms are useful, and setting up a meeting is easy with the Mozilla plug-in
  • "The Mozilla extension is useful to schedule meetings."
  • "It is difficult to see and control whether you're muted or not, so the interface should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I use Zoom for keeping in touch with friends in the UK. We've done a virtual open-mic concert and also done virtual pop-quizzes on it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the breakout room, which we found useful for the pop quiz.

The Mozilla extension is useful to schedule meetings.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult to see and control whether you're muted or not, so the interface should be improved.

When people are messaging, often they accidentally message the entire group rather than a single person. This is something else that can be made more clear.

Security is a concern with this product, so I would not do anything commercial using it. The need to work on their reputation as far as security goes.

I started using Zoom about two weeks ago.

The stability is fine and we haven't had any issues. However, many people aren't convinced that it's robust enough to be a corporate tool at the moment.

It can handle lots of users.

I have not needed to contact technical support.

We tried to use Skype, but the problem with Skype is that it doesn't work on Apple Macs. It says that it does, but it never logs in. Because of this, we had to find an alternative.

We use Microsoft Teams for work-related communication, whereas I use Zoom for personal conferencing. I would say that Microsoft Teams is a little more corporate, as you need to have a Microsoft account.

It was easy enough to set up.

I have been using the free version of Zoom.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering Zoom is that it is ok for social use. It's easy to use and it supports a lot of users. It is easy to set up as a free service.

Vice President, Product Compliance and Assurance at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use with a simple user interface, but the security needs to be improved
  • "The user interface is simple."
  • "Recently, most of the people in my organization have not been able to dial in using the telephone number and have been required to join meetings using their devices."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zoom for meetings and video conferences.

What is most valuable?

We use all of the standard meeting features.

The most valuable feature is ease of use. The user interface is simple.

What needs improvement?

Recently, most of the people in my organization have not been able to dial in using the telephone number and have been required to join meetings using their devices.

We are concerned about security when using this solution.

I have been working with Zoom for a little over a year.

We have not had issues with stability very often.

We also have experience with Webex and Amazon Chime, which also have the features that you typically use for video conferencing.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is researching this solution is to look into the security because lately, there have been concerns about it. If you are concerned about security then it may be better to use another type of software.

Research Assistant at a performing arts with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good video quality and screen recording, but the 40-minute time limit is too short
  • "The most valuable feature is the screen recording."
  • "I found it very confusing to set up a meeting."

What is our primary use case?

We use Zoom to have weekly team meetings. These are informal meetings for a software development group.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the screen recording.

What needs improvement?

Zoom should provide online storage where we can send and share documents with people in our meeting.

Zoom is not totally free, which is one of the reasons that I don't choose to use it.

I found it very confusing to set up a meeting.

I was only able to host meetings that were 40 minutes long, which was not enough time. That duration was not long enough for the topics that we needed to cover.

I would like to see a chat function for messaging outside of video conferencing.

Privacy needs to be improved because when you download a meeting transcript after it is complete, even the private chat of other users is visible.

I have been using Zoom for about four months.

Zoom is stable for video but I have had trouble with hearing the voice. This could have been related to my network.

Our meetings normally have 12 users.

I have never contacted technical support. If I have a problem then I just switch software, rather than spend the time speaking with support.

I have now switched to using WeChat instead of Zoom for most things, other than my weekly team meetings. First, WeChat is totally free. Also, with the enterprise version, we are able to share documents while we're sharing screens. It has quite a bit of storage that we can use to upload material.

Most of the students in my school have WeChat and when we have a meeting, a notification is sent. It's quite convenient. WeChat is better designed for Chinese users and it takes their habits into account.

WeChat has a scheduling feature where people can see my calendar, which is very important for setting up meetings.

The cost of Zoom has led me to use WeChat, instead.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Muhammad Navaid Zafar Ansari - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Manager of Information Security at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good for virtual meetings, but the security and privacy aspects need to be improved
  • "The most valuable feature is video conferencing."
  • "Zoom is an immature product that is not yet stable."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Zoom for virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is video conferencing.

What needs improvement?

The security needs to be enhanced. A third-party security audit needs to be completed, and the privacy clauses in their contracts need to be changed.

Zoom is an immature product that is not yet stable.

We have only been using Zoom for a short time.

Zoom is not a stable product. Rather, it is an immature product.

This solution can be scalable but I have not used it for a huge audience so I am not sure.

We are also using Skype for Business for our virtual meetings. Because of issues that we have discovered in Zoom, we have limited our usage of it in the company.

The reason we are using Zoom is that Skype for Business is not installed on all of our employee accounts. In the future, we will only be using Skype for Business.

Zoom is available with an open license that can support meetings of up to 40 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

This solution works for video conferencing but it needs improvement in terms of privacy and security.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Ajesh Kumar P.T. - PeerSpot reviewer
Specialist at CSS Corp
MSP
Simple to use, and many people can join meetings without degrading performance. I prefer it over Skype for Business.
  • "Compared to any other platform, Zoom has been very stable for meetings and conference calls."
  • "I would like to see support for transferring files."

What is our primary use case?

I use Zoom for internal meetings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is stability. Compared to any other platform, Zoom has been very stable for meetings and conference calls.

Zoom can be used for video calls where you are sharing the screens and giving control to the other participants, which is something that I really like about it.

This tool is not complicated and simple to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for transferring files. Sometimes we discuss things in a meeting and once the meeting ends, I would like to be able to consult my electronic notes and then send a file later on. This happens when I am not in the office when a meeting takes place and I would like to send a file to one or more of the participants later on in the day.

If the web conference is a training session then it would be helpful if the instructor could send materials to the other participants in the meeting.

I have been using Zoom for almost a year.

The stability is great. As we scale up in terms of meeting size, it keeps its reliability.

We have not had very large meetings yet, but with respect to scalability, our meetings with between 10 and 20 people have been great. There were no issues and everyone was able to speak.

We have not had to contact technical support. Also, I have seen a lot of training links sent out from Zoom to help people learn how to use it. I don't think that there should be many issues on the technical side.

I have used other products but the stability and reliability of Zoom keep it on top of them.

Skype for Business is one solution that I have used, and I would say that Zoom is far superior to it. Specifically, when it comes to reliability, but also ease of use and scalability. I don't know if Skype for Business breaks at a certain point, but the quality of calls is reduced as more participants join the meeting. In fact, from what I can tell, meeting quality is generally lesser in Skype for Business. Screen sharing is also more convenient in Zoom.

In the basic version, there is a 40-minute time limit on group meetings. This is something that I like and I don't think that it should change.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

GauravGupta3 - PeerSpot reviewer
Founder & Solution Architect at Fluidech
Ease to use, good performance, and it's compatible with most browsers and devices
  • "It is very quick to get a meeting started."
  • "Technical support is in need of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We needed a solution where we could do presentations and have video discussions, and be seamlessly integrated with my Google Calendar. We can have video discussions with customers where we can showcase our solutions.

How has it helped my organization?

Zoom allows me to easily set up meetings using my email address contacts, and I don't have to use a third-party console. For example, I had a meeting today with about 55 people and it was easy, with no issues.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the compatibility with most browsers and multiple devices.

It has decent performance on Android and iOS devices, where people can seamlessly log in to meetings.

It is very quick to get a meeting started.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have a local call-in number for India because as it is now, there is no call-in support for participants in India.

Technical support is in need of improvement.

Better integration with our service desk, helpdesk, and product management applications is something that they need to focus on. Ideally, Zoom would be a single app for not just video conferencing but also in-house messaging, in conjunction with the service desk tools, to field requests as we do in Slack.

I have been using Zoom for two years.

In my experience, Zoom has been stable. I have not had an instance where Zoom has crashed. At this point, we are using Zoom once or twice per day.

I am not sure about scalability. I think that there are different plans.

We have a user base of 1,000 but we have not had calls with greater than 80 people at once. With 80 people, it was fine.

The support is something that we are not fully satisfied with, and it can get better.

They need to focus on localized support.

We have used Slack in the past.

The licensing is based on the size of the team.

We evaluated multiple options and found that Zoom is the easiest one to use.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is that if they are looking for a decent web conferencing system then it works well. However, for anything more than that, one should really look around. The product is positioned for conferencing as opposed to messaging.

Overall, this is a good web conferencing solution but I would like to see messaging capability, localized numbers for India, and localized support as well. I also want to see better integration with business applications.

YaganadenNaicken - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Information Technology System Engineer at State Informatics Limited
Stable, good quality, and the remote desktop control feature is helpful
  • "The most valuable feature is the remote desktop because sometimes we have to intervene and control the client's infrastructure."
  • "I would like to be able to have multiple users open and collaborate on a document at the same time."

What is our primary use case?

Some of our clients use Zoom for video conferencing, so we use it to have meetings with them.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the remote desktop because sometimes we have to intervene and control the client's infrastructure. The remote features all us to do this.

The conference call meeting is a good feature.

I get quick access and the performance is good.

The quality is good and video meetings are very clear.

What needs improvement?

We have been using Zoom for two years.

Zoom is a stable solution, which is why we're using it.

This solution is scalable.

I would rate the technical support an eight or nine out of ten.

Most of the time, we use Microsoft Teams for our meetings. Our choice of video conferencing or virtual meeting software depends on what the client is using.

With some of the other products that we have used, we have experienced poor quality and lost connections. I don't think that it is related to our network because when I switch to Zoom, it works fine.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Zoom is a good product and I recommend that people use it.

STEVEN JAMAL - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise Engineer at Computech Limited
An extremely significant time saver for our employees
  • "It allows for both support and communication at the same time."
  • "When sharing a screen, it's only dedicated to one particular window, not multiple windows"

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for our engineers who spend some of their time working remotely. For now we have four people in the company using the solution but we're in the process of encouraging use of the solution for our customers who need support so they will no longer need to go to customer sites. The main reason is that when it gets to the level of engineering, we need to dedicate a particular team to do the remote support and they need to work on something which can be used easily at any time. I'm an enterprise engineer and we're a customer of Zoom.

What is most valuable?

The valuable feature of Zoom is that it's easy to setup and is very user friendly. It allows for both support and communication at the same time.

What needs improvement?

The only limitation is that when you're sharing your screen, it's only dedicated to one particular window, not multiple windows, as opposed to Teamviewer where you can have the entire environment and access the laptop rather than sharing a window.

I've used the solution for 18 months.

I find it more stable than other products such as AnyDesk or Teamviewer.

It's a scalable solution.

I haven't needed technical support because it was easy for me to navigate through and find what I was looking for. It is self-explanatory. If you want a meeting, you look for a meeting. If you want support, you go for support and it's open, transparent.

Initial setup is very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to create an awareness of the product and its uses to customers because most customers over here don't understand what Zoom is. This is not only for meetings but for our technical support. It saves us so much time not having to travel great distances.

It's straightforward and very easy to implement. It doesn't need any dedicated process to install or to configure. All you need is just an email account or a Facebook account and you're good to go.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

Ayman Hagag - PeerSpot reviewer
System Analyst at OIC
We previously used Skype and Webex. We switched because Zoom is more stable and Webex requires a good internet connection.
  • "One of the biggest features of Zoom is its stability."
  • "In the future, I would like to see remote access control for other computers."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for web conferencing and virtual meetings.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is ease of use. Both the mobile and desktop versions are user-friend.

This solution has all of the features you want, such as sharing screens or taking action on behalf of the other person.

One of the biggest features of Zoom is its stability.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see remote access control for other computers.

Administrators need a lot of training.

We have been using Zoom for almost seven months.

Zoom is very stable and in fact, this is one of its biggest features. At this time, we are using it on a daily basis.

Scalability depends on the user. If you want to use it on a wide range then you have to get training as an administrator so that you can handle it. I would say that it is scalable but you have to know how to do so.

We have approximately 100 users.

We have not been in contact with technical support.

Prior to using Zoom, we used Skype and Webex. I also have experience with TeamViewer.

One advantage of TeamViewer is that you have remote access control of other computers.

The setup for an end-user is very easy but an administrator will need a lot of training. The deployment took us one day.

We set this solution up ourselves.

We did not evaluate other options before choosing Zoom.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to learn how to use it first, before hosting meetings. Otherwise, you will get hassled a lot from the users.

Roni Wijaya - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Operations at Artajasa Pembayaran Elektronis
Compared to GoToMeeting Google Duo, Google Hangouts, and TeamViewer, I find that Zoom is generally more stable, easier to use and has more features
  • "Zoom is stable and easy to use."
  • "When a lot of people join a meeting it is not possible to shrink the pictures and show them on a single screen."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for video conferencing.

What is most valuable?

The video conferencing is very smooth and it is easy to share content.

Zoom is stable and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

When a lot of people join a meeting it is not possible to shrink the pictures and show them on a single screen. Instead, we have to scroll to another screen. It would be nice if we could resize the frame.

We have been using Zoom for two weeks.

Zoom is a stable solution.

This is a scalable video conferencing product. We have 278 users and I have tried having 70 people in a single conference, which worked well.

In addition to Zoom, we also use Webex. I have found that sharing material is much easier in Zoom. In fact, we tried using Webex with our partner and they could not share material but with Zoom, they could do it.

There is a 40-minute time limit when you use the basic version, which is free. The limit is for meetings with three or more people.

I have tried several solutions including Google Duo, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, and TeamViewer. I find that Zoom is generally more stable and easier to use than other solutions, and it also has more features.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution is to try the basic version for free. I highly recommend it.

Presales Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Simple interface, the quality is good, and you can host a lot of people in a meeting
  • "The interface makes it simple to use."
  • "Having easier access to recorded meetings, being able to download them fast, and playing them back would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

I use Zoom for video conferencing with my colleagues or with our partners.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the quality, the number of people that you can have in a meeting, and the interface.

The interface makes it simple to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a "raise hand" feature added to Zoom that gets the presenter's attention.

Having easier access to recorded meetings, being able to download them fast, and playing them back would be helpful.

We have been using Zoom for a few years.

This is a stable solution. We use Zoom occasionally and not on a daily basis but we have not had any trouble with crashes or glitches.

We use the software with our partners to conduct webinars and we haven't had any trouble with scalability that I know of.

There are a lot of webinars that are transmitting in either Zoom or Webex but we normally use Zoom.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

staff at ARIZONA HUMANITIES
Easy to use, but takes end-users time to become comfortable with it

What is our primary use case?

Our primary uses for this solution are committee meetings and webinars.

How has it helped my organization?

It did not make a difference one way or the other. Users cared more about audio than they did the video connection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is its ease of use.

What needs improvement?

It takes time to acclimate end users to the product. It cannot replace direct, face-to-face human interaction.

Two years.
SYED AMIN - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Systems Administrator - Microsoft & LINUX at TCS Private Limited
Easy to use, works well with low bandwidth, and saves us a lot of money in travel expenses
  • "The best thing about Zoom is that it is very easy to use."
  • "It is important for us to have Zoom integration with our Active Directory environment."

What is our primary use case?

We have more than twenty area offices across the country, and this solution provides us with Video Conferencing for collaboration and meetings.

How has it helped my organization?

Previously, our management or training staff had to travel cross-country for meetings. The expenses associated with transportation and lodging were significant. Now with the help of this solution, we can create an interactive session with our audience. We have met deadlines related to business issues and making decisions with the help of Zoom VC. It is a very cost-effective solution.

What is most valuable?

The best thing about Zoom is that it is very easy to use. You can easily schedule a meeting and invite anyone, with or without a Zoom account. It is also able to integrate with Polycom devices.

What needs improvement?

It is important for us to have Zoom integration with our Active Directory environment.

We have conducted lots of meetings with Zoom and have found it to be a very stable solution.

We have had a good experience with customer support. They immediately respond to our queries and problems.

We had previously used Polycom, but it did not work well in a low bandwidth environment.

It is a cloud-based solution, so installation does not require too much expertise.

Zoom is a very cheaply priced video conferencing solution, and using this product has saved our business a lot of expense.

We evaluated Lifesize Video Conferencing, Onstream Webcasting, and ClickMeeting. These VC solutions did not fulfill our requirements.

What other advice do I have?

If you have a large audience then you must go with the Zoom Video Conferencing Solution. With this solution, you will have good picture quality without any distortion, and you will enjoy multiple features at a very cheap price.

Senior Consultant at Zilker Technology LLC
made organizing conferences quite easy, we can record and replay the total meeting

What is our primary use case?

I use it for conferencing. I use it in Mac as well as Windows. Also, I organise video and audio conferences.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made organizing conferences quite easy. We can record and replay the total meeting. Also, when organizing team meetings, there is an option to mute all users and have a chairperson.

What is most valuable?

• Recording option — we can replay it later.
  • Chat, in the case of group meetings
  • Raising a hand to notify the chair that we have some things to share
  • Video ability
  • Screen share.

What needs improvement?

I like this solution as such. Maybe taking some steps over reducing bandwidth usage in case of video conference could be good. Also, filtering noise in case of audio.

Download our free Zoom Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022