We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

SAP CRM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP CRM is #2 ranked solution in top Local Government CRM tools, #3 ranked solution in top CRM tools, and #4 ranked solution in top Marketing Management tools. PeerSpot users give SAP CRM an average rating of 6 out of 10. SAP CRM is most commonly compared to Microsoft Dynamics CRM: SAP CRM vs Microsoft Dynamics CRM. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is SAP CRM?

SAP CRM provides marketing solutions for big data analytics, social media marketing, segmentation, multichannel campaigns, loyalty, and resource management.

Download the CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

SAP CRM Customers

Brau Union Osterreich AG, Nu Skin Enterprises Inc., AOK Bundesverband, RAK Ceramics, NHS 24, Wholesale Sports Outdoor Outfitters, FC Bayern Munchen AG, Tumi, The Kellogg Company, MVV Energie AG, Anglian Water Services, German Football Association (DFB), Nebraska Book Company Inc.

SAP CRM Video

SAP CRM Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP CRM pricing:
  • "There is a license required for the solution and most of my clients purchase an annual license."
  • "SAP CRM is an expensive solution and is the most challenging aspect of the solution."
  • "SAP CRM costs approximately a couple of thousand a month."
  • SAP CRM Reviews

CRM administrator at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    See reports and forecasts instantly and customize as per needs.
    • "One of the main things is that the reports are very customizable. It is very easy and user-friendly to customize the reports the way the user wants. They can see the reports as per their expectations and change them accordingly."
    • "Our users are using it primarily from their laptop browser and very few are using it on their mobile because the mobile is not that user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP CRM for maintaining our customers, visits, leads, opportunities, etc... We are also using SAP CRM for our marketing campaign activities. We maintain our product and price list on it, and we are also using it for our sales forecast.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable are that our management side can see the report instantly, they can predict the forecast, and see what is in the pipeline. They can predict how many orders they will have in each month. This is one of the good things. One of the main things is that the reports are very  customizable. It is very easy and user-friendly to customize the reports the way the user wants. They can see the reports as per their expectations and change them accordingly.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvements, sometimes we experience downtime and maintenance time. Additionally, we sometimes see difficulties with the quotation output. So quotation output can be improved.

Our users are using it primarily from their laptop browser and very few are using it on their mobile because the mobile is not that user-friendly. So mostly people use it on their laptop.

As for what I would like to see in the next release, it is more or less okay. I don't have any specific suggestions to improve - but it could be more user-friendly. I think it could be more user-friendly like Microsoft Dynamics which is easier for a new user, they feel comfortable using Microsoft Dynamics. Whereas sometimes for SAP CRM users see some bugs. This will happen in the C4C, which needs to be improved, because we see many bugs and error messages, even if the inputs are okay.

The interface needs to be improved.

I have been using SAP CRM for almost four years. Before that we used a different CRM system.

Initially SAP CRM feels a little bit difficult, but when users become used to this software, it is a very good solution compared to other solutions, because I have used other solutions before, including the Lotus Notes based CRM system. It was not that much faster. I cannot compare it with Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce, because although some might say they are better and others do not, I have not used them in our customer center.

SAP CRM is scalable.

We have both technical support from SAP and we also have an internal support team. In addition, there are very good training materials internally developed. I think the support system is very, very good. If there is any problem, then we get immediate support from our internal support team and if it's not in their scope, then we get immediate support from the SAP team.

The initial setup is not straightforward like Microsoft Dynamics. To be fully workable, the administrator needs to customize many things. From scratch it is not very usable. To make it usable, you need to customize many things to get the expected results.

It was deployed in different countries and it took a different amount of time for different customer centers. But for Bangladesh, it took almost three to four months because we needed to extract data and to upload that from the previous CRM system. Later we needed to customize many things as per our business requirements. So it took almost three months for the implementation.

Our deployment was initially done by a third party. One implementation engineer was there and I was there from  our side - so two people were involved for the implementation, but many other people were involved in different parts.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate SAP CRM an eight.

This is because, as I have said, sometimes I see some downtime and sometimes some error messages coming. For some technical reason, users faces some error messages and sometime it becomes very slow. It should not be like this. That's why I have taken 2 points off. Otherwise it is okay.

Service Delivery Manager at a agriculture with 10,001+ employees
    Leaderboard
    GUI is not attractive and features are not regularly updated

What is our primary use case?

This solution is primarily a customer-facing portal for placing and tracking orders. I'm a service delivery manager and we are customers of SAP CRM.

What is most valuable?

When we implemented this solution nine years ago it was the best product on the market. It provides good performance.

What needs improvement?

Many similar solutions have come on to the market in the last few years that have a better GUI, and better connectivity to the back-end SAP system. That is where this product started fizzling out. SAP GUI is not very attractive. Secondly, it doesn't capture people who visit the site and the products which were of interest to that person. Features were never upgraded and people started losing interest in the product because there were many other attractive products available. The solution has some serious issues at this point.

We've been using this solution for almost nine years.

Performance and stability were good, we never had any issues.

Scalability was not an issue.

In general, their support is quite slow and requires a lot of follow-up to get what we need.

The initial setup was not very complex, it connected to our back-end SAP system. We have a Java portal at the front. We used a third-party service provider who was an SAP gold partner and carried out the implementation. The product requires the usual security-related patches to be applied as and when there are issues, then regular database upgrades and OS upgrades. We have around 450 people who are working on this solution.

SAP prices are always on the higher side, but we went with it after evaluating everything. Over time though, we stopped getting value for money.

We've decided to move to an SAS solution. The solution we've chosen doesn't require maintenance and has a very good GUI with all interfaces available on APIs. In addition, it has all the functionalities which customers want. If a customer visits the site, it's recorded along with the product they looked at. If an order is placed, the customer can track it and get the account statement from the portal.

What other advice do I have?

This product does not have a future roadmap so we decided to decommission it and move to another solution.

I rate this solution three out of 10.

Find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Microsoft, Pega and others in CRM. Updated: January 2022.
    564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Worksoft Certify Consultant at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    Scalable and stable with a good dashboard
    • "The solution is stable."
    • "It can be a bit more user friendly, to be honest. Sometimes there are too many apps options. It should offer better UX (user experience) to make it easier to navigate and easier to use."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a CRM. The customer fills in all of their customer details and we compare against that.

What is most valuable?

We use the solution more as an extra tool, and it's perfect for our purposes.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support has been great.

The interface and dashboard are fine.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of a feature that is lacking. For us, it has everything we need.

It can be a bit more user friendly, to be honest. Sometimes there are too many apps options. It should offer better UX (user experience) to make it easier to navigate and easier to use.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable. We haven't had any issues and find that it's reliable. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash. It's very good in that respect. We don't have complaints.

The scalability of the solution is excellent. It expands well. A company that needs to grow it out can do so easily.

The technical support has been good overall. We do handle a lot internally, however, we don't have any issues with the level of support we've received.

We're happy with this solution. We're not currently looking for something new. I'm not sure if a different solution was used previously.

I wasn't a part of the initial setup. I don't have any information on the implementation and wouldn't' be able to discern if it was straightforward or complex. I'm not sure how long the deployment takes overall.

I don't have any insights into pricing. It's not part of my job. I'm not in accounting, so I never see any pricing or know how much the company pays.

What other advice do I have?

The solution overall is quite good. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Project and Service delivery Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Integrates well, straightforward installation, and scalable
    • "SAP CRM integrates well with SAP ERP which is useful."
    • "They have recently updated their user interface but they should continue to improve upon it in the future. Additionally, overall performance or speed of response times could be better."

What is our primary use case?

SAP CRM is similar to any other CRM solution. It provides a 360-degree overview of your customer's activities, such as their order-to-cash process and contacts.

What is most valuable?

SAP CRM integrates well with SAP ERP which is useful.

What needs improvement?

There is still a lot to improve in SAP CRM to be able to compete with Salesforce. For the customer that has SAP ERP, implementing SAP CRM on the cloud is native and a great option. For those who do not have SAP at all, it might be a difficult choice because you can get more or less the same functionality from Salesforce with a better UI. It can be hard to decide.

They have recently updated their user interface but they should continue to improve upon it in the future. Additionally, overall performance or speed of response times could be better.

I have been using SAP CRM for a few months.

The solution is scalable.

We have approximately seven customers using this solution.

In terms of support updates, the SAP ERP is better because you can do customizations by modifying the code while in the SAP CRM cloud, you cannot. You have to wait for the next release.

The installation can be straightforward but it depends on the environment and other variables. The fastest full implementation we have done took five to six weeks.

If you have a team that knows the basic processes of an SAP CRM cloud implementation, a team of two to three would be the minimum required.

I have evaluated Salesforce.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate SAP CRM a seven out of ten.

Henrique Brodbeck
    Owner / Consultant at Brodbeck
    Flexible and capable of handling thousands of simultaneous users
    • "The flexibility to design the portal and customize it according to the needs of the clients is valuable. The integration with SAP ERP is also valuable."
    • "The B2C features of SAP are strong, but they are not very known to the public and companies. They must make it more known for B2C applications or B2C use cases."

What is our primary use case?

We are a consultancy and advising company. It is used for sales, B2B sales, and sales force automation. It is used when our salesmen sell to our customers, and it is also used for the customers of our clients. The customers of our clients buy directly through the B2B portal on SAP.

What is most valuable?

The flexibility to design the portal and customize it according to the needs of the clients is valuable. The integration with SAP ERP is also valuable.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution since 2010. It has been 11 years.

It is very scalable. It can cater to huge traffic and thousands of simultaneous users.

It is good, but it depends on the partner you select for implementation. You have to select a knowledgeable partner in order to get good support. It is not only about the application but also about the partner.

There is a great need for consultancy work. You need to first understand the needs and then design and configure the application. You need to understand all the features of the software in order to have a good installation. It is not for a common user. You need specialization and knowledge about it.

For its deployment and maintenance, we have at least 10 people. We have five engineers and five power users or business users.

I don't have the numbers, but you can get the results in approximately one year.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to first clearly understand the business needs and have a good design or a good project. Only after that, they should begin the implementation.

I would rate it a nine out of 10.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Consultant
    SAP HCM Professional at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
    Effective management features, reliable, but difficult customization
    • "When we are using SAP CRM we receive more accurate results than using any other CRM system."
    • "The solution needs more flexible customization, tender request, and they need to think about some of the localization aspects."

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP CRM for the payroll process, personnel administration, organization management.

SAP has a cloud version available which helps large companies. It is very powerful for talent acquisition.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution needs more flexible customization, tender request, and they need to think about some of the localization aspects.

I have been using SAP CRM for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

SAP CRM is scalable.

Our local vendor does not have that much experience. It makes it difficult for them to give training or fix some issues. The customization is very hard to understand and not only by the end-user.

The implementation of SAP CRM is complex sometimes. Our team cannot deal with some functions in the solution. We have some trouble, some aspects are not as easy to fix as some other CRM systems.

If someone takes training and understands how the processes and functions work, it will be very easy.

At this time my company is looking for another CRM system because of the cost. If the cost is reduced we might not choose another solution.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend SAP CRM price be reduced, it is a problem for companies to be able to afford it.

I rate SAP CRM a seven out of ten.

Raj Patnaik
    Manager - Business Process Innovation at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
    Beneficial lead management but ease of use need improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use SAP CRM mostly for customer contact and lead management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is lead management and integration.

What needs improvement?

SAP CRM could improve by being easier to use and customer-friendly.

I have been using SAP CRM for approximately 13 years.

The implementation is difficult and could be easier.

SAP CRM costs approximately a couple of thousand a month.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP CRM a six out of ten.

What is our primary use case?

We use SAP CRM mostly for customer contact and lead management.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is lead management and integration.

What needs improvement?

SAP CRM could improve by being easier to use and customer-friendly.

I have been using SAP CRM for approximately 13 years.

The implementation is difficult and could be easier.

SAP CRM costs approximately a couple of thousand a month.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP CRM a six out of ten.

Download our free CRM Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Microsoft, Pega, and more!