Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

SAP CRM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP CRM is #2 ranked solution in top Local Government CRM tools, #3 ranked solution in top CRM tools, and #4 ranked solution in top Marketing Management tools. PeerSpot users give SAP CRM an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. SAP CRM is most commonly compared to Microsoft Dynamics CRM: SAP CRM vs Microsoft Dynamics CRM. SAP CRM is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
SAP CRM Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP CRM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is SAP CRM?

SAP CRM provides marketing solutions for big data analytics, social media marketing, segmentation, multichannel campaigns, loyalty, and resource management.

SAP CRM Customers

Brau Union Osterreich AG, Nu Skin Enterprises Inc., AOK Bundesverband, RAK Ceramics, NHS 24, Wholesale Sports Outdoor Outfitters, FC Bayern Munchen AG, Tumi, The Kellogg Company, MVV Energie AG, Anglian Water Services, German Football Association (DFB), Nebraska Book Company Inc.

SAP CRM Video

SAP CRM Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP CRM pricing:
  • "SAP CRM is not suitable for smaller businesses because it is expensive. The larger businesses would be able to handle the cost."
  • "Its price is reasonable. As compared to other CRMs, this CRM is competitively priced. They have multiple flavors with different sets of functionality. Pricing is based on the flavor that suits your requirement. If you have more users, the cost will come down."
  • "The pricing from SAP is good but it takes time to realize the investment."
  • "From the maintenance perspective, SAP CRM is quite expensive compared to cloud services because the current solution they're using is managed by us and we are hosting it on servers. There is the cost of hosting, and managing servers and applications. The overhead is substantial, but this solution is a legacy system. It will take some time for the customer to migrate out of it."
  • SAP CRM Reviews

Darshan Makhecha - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sr Sales Engineer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    Great task and opportunity features with a helpful dashboard
    • "Once the lead is matured, you can convert it into an opportunity and you can track it by the opportunity based on the product segment."
    • "When features do get added, we would like the product to notify us in a timely way."

What is our primary use case?

CRM is used as a partner or a companion for a person who is handling account management. We can get the complete data analysis in terms of customer behavior for buying any product. Once we feed in the data, we can analyze the data and we can get further in the decision-making process.

How has it helped my organization?

I have increased my efficiency and my oral productivity has also improved. If we are manually managing the data somewhere, there are chances that we are missing some data, or we are not able to use some critically important information or some leads that can give us some more sales volume. However, with a CRM, you have a clear, defined pattern of entering the data and you can easily access the data at any time when you request. It really helps me to align my actions toward growth.

Overall productivity improved by more than 50%. I really get increased media volume - twice the current volume. I'm able to use all processes more efficiently. It is really helping my organization to grow more. You can recreate any dashboard report. You can analyze the report on a timely basis and you can also reuse the projects. Projects are the pipelines for our business. We’ve now got enhanced business thanks to pipeline management.

What is most valuable?

There are many very valuable features. The lead management is great. Once you enter the prospect details, you can create a lead. After creating the lead, you can define whether it can be qualified as an opportunity or not, or it can be rejected based on the volume.

I like the opportunity management. Once the lead is matured, you can convert it into an opportunity and you can track it by the opportunity based on the product segment.

You can monitor your visits. For example, if a customer visits, you can easily put in the data. You can plan your visit and you can plan your schedule.

The dashboard feature is nice. You can filter. You can select your requirements based on the industry, for example. We can also prepare a report and use it for the sales agenda from the dashboard.

I am a fan of task management. So what is the thing that, for example, there is a cross-functional team responsible for a particular customer. Being a frontline key account manager, I get the lead and assign some products and tasks to my team. Task management helps us to use our effort in a strategic direction that is very productive. It has really helped me to monitor my work and also helped me to help the customer in a better way.

What needs improvement?

Frankly speaking, for more than seven and a half years, I haven't found any area for improvement. The design is user-friendly. The interface is good. Any person needs only basic training and we can explore the features easily. That's the only requirement. The only improvement could be if the developer team could continue to make good efforts to enhance the efficiency of a salesperson.

When features do get added, we would like the product to notify us in a timely way. The faster we get the information, the more quickly we can leverage the update.

SAP CRM
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about SAP CRM. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I’ve been using the solution since 2015 - more than seven years.

The stability is very good. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze.

As far as scalability is concerned, it has a fair degree of scalability. With the way the features are organized and the way the product is performing, we can scale to the next level of supply chain and planning also. From sales to supply chain and planning, all three features we can integrate into the same software. Currently, we are using the RFP model in which any inquiry is entered into the C4C. It is likely rooted in to supply chain. The supply chain is working on the online portal only in the CRM. That is integrating other functions as well.

This product is really a companion for a salesperson who can deploy and get the maximum advantage out of the features. The product is always there to deliver the results.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I had the experience of using two CRMs. Both were company-specific. One was this solution, SAP CRM. The second was C4C, Cloud for Customer. The structure is more or less the same. They really help me to enhance my efficiency. And I really appreciate the developer team who has developed this wonderful software.

The reason for us using SAP is we are also using the PRP model of SAP. With SAP, we had previous experience. As a loyal customer, we didn't go to any competition and decided to keep our trust in SAP, as it has delivered results for us. As a loyal customer, we didn't try to switch to any other brand.

In terms of deployment, there was an initial training organized by the supplier. Then we had regular interactions with the mentorship training team who was directly involved with the deployment. The overall experience of deployment was satisfactory. Everything was working smoothly and I appreciate the step-by-step approach, which helped us to deploy this software more efficiently.

The pricing is competitive and it is delivering results. From a pricing point of view, we are satisfied. I don't have any comments on if it is too high or low. We are frequently renewing the contract. Therefore, from a pricing point of view, we have been okay with it.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and end-user.

I have very good experience with SAP CRM. It is a globally acceptable product.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

Other
    Shreyas  K M S - PeerSpot reviewer
    Systems Architect at NetApp
    It integrates well with our existing solutions, so we can analyze the data for analytics, forecasting and modeling
    • "We are using the HANA Z database for CRM, which enhances the products we are currently using by making the system more efficient. Everything is connected to CRM, so we can use the data for analytics, sales forecasting, and data modeling."
    • "Content management is one area where SAP CRM could use some work because we were seeking a CRM solution that could store BLOB data, like PDF and email data, which takes up a lot of space in the database. Recently, we migrated to a content server, but it would be nice if CRM had built-in BLOB data management because BLOB data is a challenge we've been dealing with since last year."

What is our primary use case?

Our sales team uses SAP CRM to manage campaigns and cases. We also use the data from the solution for analysis and feed it into third-party applications like Quotage. It's a huge system covering engineering, sales, and product development teams.

It's an on-prem environment, but we are considering a migration to the cloud. We are working with our cloud partners AWS and Azure to deploy SAP CRM further. We will begin migrations in one or two years.

What is most valuable?

We are using the HANA Z database for CRM, which enhances the products we are currently using by making the system more efficient. Everything is connected to CRM, so we can use the data for analytics, sales forecasting, and data modeling.

What needs improvement?

Content management is one area where SAP CRM could use some work because we were seeking a CRM solution that could store BLOB data, like PDF and email data, which takes up a lot of space in the database.

Recently, we migrated to a content server, but it would be nice if CRM had built-in BLOB data management because BLOB data is a challenge we've been dealing with since last year.

I have worked with SAP CRM for nearly 10 years.

SAP is highly stable compared to competitors like Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics 365. We haven't seen significant downtime in the last couple of years. It runs running smoothly. We are using NetApp products for backup solutions, so disaster recovery is pretty easy. With the NetApp and SAP partnership, the product works flawlessly.

We can definitely scale up the system. There are about 7,000 active users, and managing them is no problem.

SAP has a portal where we can file trouble tickets and 24/7 call centers. We can log in or call them any time to get an engineer onboarded for support.

I am familiar with Salesforce and Microsoft 365, but I've never worked with those products. I've used SAP my entire career. Salesforce, SAP, and Microsoft are the top competitors in the CRM space.

Each one could be a suitable choice depending on your use case and budget. Sometimes Salesforce might be appropriate in the long run or Microsoft 365 may have some additional features a company could use.

Setting up SAP CRM is straightforward. I rate it eight out of 10 for ease of setup. SAP provides all the tools and techniques were available from the vendor. However, the integration portion is a lot of work and requires some functional consultants.

It takes some effort to customize the program and rewrite it to align with our business standards, but the initial implementation is straightforward. We didn't face any challenges here.

Total deployment for this project took around eight or nine months, including development, testing, and validation. After deployment, the administration is fairly simple. We have to take care of the licensing part and forecast data growth for the next three or four months.

We have the tools and people available for operations as well as vendor support. If we have complex issues, we can raise a ticket to the vendor and get it sorted.

We did the implementation in-house. We have consultants available within NetApp, so we could utilize their skillset.

SAP CRM is a reasonable price for the features. It's not in the highest tier. It's affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I rate SAP CRM nine out of 10. My advice to potential SAP CRM users is to have a plan. You need to do the proper planning before implementing a CRM. It's crucial to internally gather all the business requirements that must be migrated. For example, the sales teams might have CRM data for their campaigns, and different teams will use this CRM for data forecasting, etc.

Whenever any company wants to implement CRM, they need business insights about their company to understand how to leverage this product. Sometimes the company might not use all the available features, but they don't know it.

It's best to work with SAP when you're deciding. They will do all the evaluations and guide you on implementing the product. You should take advantage of professional services like CRM consultants and infrastructure architects.

SAP CRM
    September 2022
    633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    CRM administrator at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    See reports and forecasts instantly and customize as per needs.
    • "One of the main things is that the reports are very customizable. It is very easy and user-friendly to customize the reports the way the user wants. They can see the reports as per their expectations and change them accordingly."
    • "Our users are using it primarily from their laptop browser and very few are using it on their mobile because the mobile is not that user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

We are using SAP CRM for maintaining our customers, visits, leads, opportunities, etc... We are also using SAP CRM for our marketing campaign activities. We maintain our product and price list on it, and we are also using it for our sales forecast.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found most valuable are that our management side can see the report instantly, they can predict the forecast, and see what is in the pipeline. They can predict how many orders they will have in each month. This is one of the good things. One of the main things is that the reports are very  customizable. It is very easy and user-friendly to customize the reports the way the user wants. They can see the reports as per their expectations and change them accordingly.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvements, sometimes we experience downtime and maintenance time. Additionally, we sometimes see difficulties with the quotation output. So quotation output can be improved.

Our users are using it primarily from their laptop browser and very few are using it on their mobile because the mobile is not that user-friendly. So mostly people use it on their laptop.

As for what I would like to see in the next release, it is more or less okay. I don't have any specific suggestions to improve - but it could be more user-friendly. I think it could be more user-friendly like Microsoft Dynamics which is easier for a new user, they feel comfortable using Microsoft Dynamics. Whereas sometimes for SAP CRM users see some bugs. This will happen in the C4C, which needs to be improved, because we see many bugs and error messages, even if the inputs are okay.

The interface needs to be improved.

I have been using SAP CRM for almost four years. Before that we used a different CRM system.

Initially SAP CRM feels a little bit difficult, but when users become used to this software, it is a very good solution compared to other solutions, because I have used other solutions before, including the Lotus Notes based CRM system. It was not that much faster. I cannot compare it with Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce, because although some might say they are better and others do not, I have not used them in our customer center.

SAP CRM is scalable.

We have both technical support from SAP and we also have an internal support team. In addition, there are very good training materials internally developed. I think the support system is very, very good. If there is any problem, then we get immediate support from our internal support team and if it's not in their scope, then we get immediate support from the SAP team.

The initial setup is not straightforward like Microsoft Dynamics. To be fully workable, the administrator needs to customize many things. From scratch it is not very usable. To make it usable, you need to customize many things to get the expected results.

It was deployed in different countries and it took a different amount of time for different customer centers. But for Bangladesh, it took almost three to four months because we needed to extract data and to upload that from the previous CRM system. Later we needed to customize many things as per our business requirements. So it took almost three months for the implementation.

Our deployment was initially done by a third party. One implementation engineer was there and I was there from  our side - so two people were involved for the implementation, but many other people were involved in different parts.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate SAP CRM an eight.

This is because, as I have said, sometimes I see some downtime and sometimes some error messages coming. For some technical reason, users faces some error messages and sometime it becomes very slow. It should not be like this. That's why I have taken 2 points off. Otherwise it is okay.

ZavedAhmed - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Business Associate at Tech Mahindra
    Beneficial module integration, scalable, and robust
    • "I have found the most valuable feature of the SAP CRM system is its ability to integrate with other modules. SAP CRM is all about integrating with other modules. For example, SuccessFactors is their learning management. This is one use case that SAP CRM themselves use. Their lead generation versus their sales from their educational services. You can instantly receive insight into how many leads have been generated and how much it turned into real business or revenue for them. I was told in one of the seminars that the data transfer from the lead generation to sales is only 24 hours in SAP CRM."
    • "Previously, the SAP CRM used to use simple servers, but now SAP uses HANA. The problem with the HANA databases is their interoperability with other solutions. SAP CRM could improve by working better with other solutions."

What is our primary use case?

I have used SAP CRM for many purposes, such as lead generation campaigns, product sales, conversion of leads, and how these leads are getting converted into real-time businesses.

The previous company I worked for was an alcohol company, they prepare spirits. Their customers are bars, large restaurants, and entertainment giants where alcoholic beverages were required.

SAP CRM is good to maintain the lead lifecycle, we have a full lifecycle. You receive an expression of interest and negotiate. Then once you negotiate, you see the economic visibility of it. You see the supply, how strategic is it, who are the competitors, and whether you have won the contract for them or not. If the contracts are being renewed, you can see the revenue you are receiving out of it every month or every quarter. SAP has that flair of ability to integrate with the different modules. For example, if you are creating a lead, you would also have the master data entry in the SAP DW or SAP planning systems. There you get to know how many caskets of liquor that you have sold last year compared to your competitors, and what portion of your marketing activity has resulted in providing revenue. You can look at your previous activities and compare them.

There are different tools we can use. For example, we have something called Anaplan. Anaplan gives you a comparison between these two systems, sales versus leads. Celonis or Alteryx could be used to find out the real-time extractions and data inputs, and provide real-time insights.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most valuable feature of the SAP CRM system is its ability to integrate with other modules. SAP CRM is all about integrating with other modules. For example, SuccessFactors is their learning management. This is one use case that SAP CRM themselves use. Their lead generation versus their sales from their educational services. You can instantly receive insight into how many leads have been generated and how much it turned into real business or revenue for them. I was told in one of the seminars that the data transfer from the lead generation to sales is only 24 hours in SAP CRM.

What needs improvement?

Previously, the SAP CRM used to use simple servers, but now SAP uses HANA. The problem with the HANA databases is their interoperability with other solutions. SAP CRM could improve by working better with other solutions.

The integration is not that easy with SAP CRM. Extractions are not very easy in SAP CRM.

I have been using SAP CRM for approximately two years.

SAP CRM system is very robust and stable. I never saw any disruption in the SAP CRM system except in the maintenance period. The maintenance period is the time when they prune the systems of unnecessary codes, extract logs, troubleshoot, or patches. Additionally, they check the load balances. At those times, you would have downtime. Otherwise, I have never seen the SAP CRM system having any issues.

SAP CRM is a scalable solution.

We have approximately 500 people using this solution.

The initial setup of SAP CRM is not straightforward, but it's worth learning.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate SAP CRM an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    GoutamRoy - PeerSpot reviewer
    Associate Vice President & Head-ITS at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Integrates out of the box with the core SAP platform, has all required features, and is competitively priced
    • "The most important factor for recommending SAP CRM is its integration with the core SAP platform. Globally, most enterprises are using SAP as an ERP platform to manage their key business functions. SAP CRM has out-of-the-box integration with the core SAP platform. You can integrate your pre-sales and post-sales into the single platform on the SAP CRM very easily, and you can extend that CRM to your customers who can actually see what is happening to their orders—such as whether it is dispatched or not dispatched or at what stage it is—simply by logging onto the CRM platform."
    • "The integration of SAP CRM with the SAP platform is relatively easier as compared to any other third-party product. If you go for any other third-party product, you will have a lot of challenges in terms of integration."

What is our primary use case?

SAP CRM is primarily being used to monitor our sales team's performance.

It's a software as a service (SaaS) model. It's run from a public cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

Our sales team is located in different geographies in the world, and their interactions with our customers are being tracked and recorded in the CRM platform. At any point in time, we can see the performance of the salespersons. We can see:

• What is there in the pipeline in the upcoming three to six months?
    • What kind of order is available?
    • What kind of engagement is happening?

All these can be tracked through the CRM.

What is most valuable?

The most important factor for recommending SAP CRM is its integration with the core SAP platform. Globally, most enterprises are using SAP as an ERP platform to manage their key business functions. SAP CRM has out-of-the-box integration with the core SAP platform. You can integrate your pre-sales and post-sales into the single platform on the SAP CRM very easily, and you can extend that CRM to your customers who can actually see what is happening to their orders—such as whether it is dispatched or not dispatched or at what stage it is—simply by logging onto the CRM platform.

What needs improvement?

The integration of SAP CRM with the SAP platform is relatively easier as compared to any other third-party product. If you go for any other third-party product, you will have a lot of challenges in terms of integration.

Every end-user uses a smartphone nowadays. The user interface on the smartphone can be improved a bit so that you can do almost all the work from your mobile. You don't have to go to the desktop or the laptop to log in. The mobile user interface can be further improved and enriched so that you can easily manage your CRM functionalities straight from your smartphone.

SAP CRM is being used for almost two years.

It is a stable product.

It is very scalable.

Technical support is available for the platform 24/7 when you subscribe to it.

It is fairly easy to set up. It is not at all complex.

They have multiple flavors with different sets of functionality. Pricing is based on the flavor that suits your requirement. If you have more users, the cost will come down.

What other advice do I have?

For an SAP ERP customer, SAP CRM should be a natural choice. Because of the out-of-the-box integration feature, you need not put too much effort to integrate these two platforms. This is the single most important factor for considering SAP CRM. You can easily integrate the cloud CRM, as well as on-premises SAP CRM. It also has all the required and standard features of CRM functionality.

I would rate it an eight out of 10.

Marouan Bellioum - PeerSpot reviewer
    Cyber Security Program Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
    Reactive support, facilitates OTC process, reduces time-to-market
    • "We get very good support from SAP."
    • "In the future, machine learning and artificial intelligence functionality need to be included."

What is our primary use case?

I manage projects that include use cases from finance. I take them from beginning to end and manage the expectations. One of our concerns is having a secure infrastructure. In-depth security is part of our design.

The primary use cases are build leads between customers and salespeople. It facilitates the order-to-cash (OTC) process and reduces the time to market.

What is most valuable?

We get very good support from SAP.

What needs improvement?

In the future, machine learning and artificial intelligence functionality need to be included. This would be an enhancement to the product.

The dashboards have to be enhanced to make them better for top-level management.

The order-to-cash process should use a lean approach.

Improving the performance would help to address value-added for the company.

I would like to see enhancements made to the security. Cyber fraud is a concern for us.

We have been working with SAP CRM for several years. One of our projects began in 2017.

This product is stable at the moment.

The scalability is good and it can handle a large volume of data.

The support team is very reactive. When we have a lot of support requests from our customers, the SAP team helps us to clear the backlog. The responses to our queries are very fast.

There is not a lot of bandwidth usage between our support team and SAP support.

We use Microsoft Dynamics CRM in our African offices.

I recommend using SAP CRM in all regions except for Africa. We use Microsoft Dynamics CRM in Africa because we did not have an SAP partner in the region. However, there is now a partner in North Africa, so we will be migrating all of the Microsoft Dynamics to SAP. That said, it will take time.

SAP is more scalable than Microsoft Dynamics CRM. SAP, however, is more expensive, although it provides more benefit to us.

The deployment is a complex process.

It takes between a year and two years to implement. One of the projects that we completed in our region began in 2017 and was delivered at the end of 2018.

We may use a consultant for deployment because it takes time.

This product is a good investment but you have to consider it long-term. The benchmark should not be set during the first year. Rather, it will take between three and five years to see the value.

In the beginning, pricing is expensive. This is because you need to build a landscape within five to ten years. The pricing from SAP is good but it takes time to realize the investment.

What other advice do I have?

We recommend SAP because we have experience with it on a global level.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

SAP Basis Consultant at Experis US, Inc.
    Great support and easy to set up but can be quite expensive
    • "Its scalability is good."
    • "CRM is costlier than its competitors."

What is our primary use case?

I've worked on archiving on SAP CRM. I worked on an archiving object called CRM Act-On in my last project.

We've got something called IPC, Internet Pricing and Configurator. They have built a custom-built solution over that. Apart from that, the vendors use the CRM solution.

What is most valuable?

I'm not an SAP CRM expert. I don't dig deeply into the features.

There are use cases where I have supported it and it worked fine.

The initial setup is not too hard.

The solution is stable.

Its scalability is good.

Support has been great.

The architecture, the business functionality, and the features really help the current existing organization.

Integrating the existing SAP CRM with other SAP systems is easy. You would need somebody who has some cross-functional expertise if you work with both non-SAP and SAP solutions.

What needs improvement?

I read somewhere that SAP has ceded space to Salesforce in this area. I have heard SAP has stopped developing SAP CRM further.

We would like to see them offer lower pricing. There are other solutions in the market that will provide effective solutions at a much lower price. CRM is costlier than its competitors.

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is very stable and offers straightforward reliability. I haven't dealt with bugs or glitches and haven't experienced crashes or freezing.

It is not an issue if you need to scale. It can expand well.

I cannot speak to how many people are using the solution.

We worked with SAP on my last project. We had an issue regarding the Bdocs, and then we worked with SAP support personnel.

They were a show-stopper and they really helped us. I would rate their support highly.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

Choosing the solution was the job of the CTO.

There are a host of factors, including budget and support factors which will really go into decision-making. However, decisions on what to use or move away from is made at the C-suite level.

The initial setup is pretty simple and straightforward. It is not difficult. People who are well-versed in CRM won't have trouble.

I am not aware of the exact cost. However, my understanding is that it is quite costly.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an SAP consultant.

The solution is good, and if a client was looking into it, I would compare it to others in the market and recommend what was best for the client according to their environment. Sometimes CRM is the right solution. Sometimes it may not be.

I'd rate CRM a seven out of ten.

Hasan Haseeb - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Network Engineer at accrets
    Reseller
    Performs well, highly stable, and helpful support
    • "SAP CRM has a good performance."
    • "SAP CRM could improve in the area of user-friendliness. It would help if you had an engineer to do the administration. The migration is complex when moving from the old version to the latest version."

What is our primary use case?

Our client is using SAP CRM for many purposes, such as invoicing, staffing, and managing HR. The solution has modules and they are using them for different purposes.

What is most valuable?

SAP CRM has a good performance.

What needs improvement?

I have been using SAP CRM for approximately 20 years.

SAP CRM is a highly stable solution. It is one of the best on the market.

I have found that SAP CRM is scalable.

We have more than five customers using SAP CRM. Some use SAP B1, and others SAP ECC 6. All intend to migrate to SAP HANA sooner or later.

We are the ones who are logging support tickets on behalf of customers. SAP CRM is a reliable partner for us. The support from SAP is good.

I have used other solutions previously and there is a handful of solutions that are enterprise-grade CRMs. These solutions are PeopleSoft, Oracle, and SAP. There are only a few. 20 years ago, SAP was the market leader, and still is SAP the market leader. Our clients are happy with SAP CRM.

The initial setup of SAP CRM can be complex but it depends on who is doing it. For us it was straightforward.

SAP CRM has components, such as a development environment and testing environment. The length of time it takes to the implementation depends on either requirement. I cannot say universally it's straightforward. It depends on how large the customer is and how large their database is.

Our requirements are quite complex, our customers like to use the solution and we are supporting them.

From the maintenance perspective, SAP CRM is quite expensive compared to cloud services because the current solution they're using is managed by us and we are hosting it on servers. There is the cost of hosting, and managing servers and applications. The overhead is substantial, but this solution is a legacy system. It will take some time for the customer to migrate out of it.

What other advice do I have?

If a company wants to change from SAP CRM it is very difficult. They would need to train hundreds of employees. They will be stuck with SAP CRM. My clients use this solution for their HR system, payroll, leave the system, and invoicing system, and everything is linked to SAP CRM only.

My clients will soon to SAP HANA or maybe SAP cloud.

I would recommend SAP CRM.

I rate SAP CRM an eight out of ten.

Download our free SAP CRM Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: September 2022