IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

OP5 Monitor OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OP5 Monitor is #37 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools and #39 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give OP5 Monitor an average rating of 8 out of 10. OP5 Monitor is most commonly compared to Nagios Core: OP5 Monitor vs Nagios Core. OP5 Monitor is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is OP5 Monitor?

OP5 Monitor - The Complete Monitoring Solution

OP5 Monitor is a flexible and highly scalable monitoring solution for all sizes of environments. Use just one product to monitor your IT environment regardless of location, whether on-premise, in dynamic environments, public cloud or a hybrid of these.

Digital transformation adds extra layers and complexity to the IT estate by creating a hybrid IT environment of both static and dynamic environments, that can be difficult to monitor efficiently. ITRS OP5 Monitor gives enterprises full visibility over their entire IT estate through a single pane of glass, allowing them to consolidate monitoring tools and cut down costs.

OP5 Monitor Customers

Svenska Spel, Carus, VGL, Tele2, Viking Line, Clas Ohlson, Vanderlande, Försäkringskassan

OP5 Monitor Video

OP5 Monitor Reviews

Head of IS Delivery Centre at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Flexible, helpful support, and the API makes integration easy
  • "The API makes it pretty easy to integrate with any system."
  • "The user interface is not what we are used to these days, and should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for our network monitoring solution.

What is most valuable?

The API makes it pretty easy to integrate with any system.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is not what we are used to these days, and should be improved. For example, the dashboards are easily customizable to a certain degree, but not as well as a product like Tableau. From the visual aspect, it could look a bit fancier. Functionality-wise, this product is missing the NetFlow monitor.

Our organization has been using OP5 for more than ten years.
Network Monitoring Software
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ITRS, Nagios, Zabbix and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: June 2022.
606,596 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is definitely a stable product.

OP5 is scalable.

We have been in contact with technical support and found them to be helpful.

We have used various monitoring products but at the moment, OP5 is our main one.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward and there are some templates that you need to apply. It's not for somebody who is inexperienced, but if you have some IT knowledge then you can get up to speed quickly. Basically, we just need two parameters to set it up, and then it's up to you to decide what you want to monitor.

What other advice do I have?

I like the flexibility, as it is based on Nagios. It is more tailored towards network monitoring and I can recommend it. There are some visual aspects and the NetFlow that are missing, but otherwise, I'm completely fine with it. Especially with the API, where I can use the data with many other systems, it's great. OP5 is meeting my purpose, but the UI is not suitable for management, who are looking for something fancy. Also considering the NetFlow functionality is missing, it loses a couple of marks. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
General Manager at Solucions IM
Good support and scalable, but the dashboard interface needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

Our customers are using the OP5 solution for monitoring. Our customers are using log management, but it's not the only part of the software that they are using. They are using all the features, and log management is one of the features of the software.

We are working with its latest version.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is that it is very relatable, stable, and scalable. The logger is a part of the software, but it's not the most important point of it.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve the dashboard interface.

I have been using this solution for more than eight years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

It is very good. I would rate them a five out of five.

It is easy. We have one engineer for its deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

My advice will be to buy it if it is the correct software for you.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about ITRS, Nagios, Zabbix, and more!
Updated: June 2022