OP5 Monitor OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OP5 Monitor is the #48 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools and #51 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give OP5 Monitor an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. OP5 Monitor is most commonly compared to Nagios Core: OP5 Monitor vs Nagios Core. OP5 Monitor is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 21% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is OP5 Monitor?

OP5 Monitor - The Complete Monitoring Solution

OP5 Monitor is a flexible and highly scalable monitoring solution for all sizes of environments. Use just one product to monitor your IT environment regardless of location, whether on-premise, in dynamic environments, public cloud or a hybrid of these.

Digital transformation adds extra layers and complexity to the IT estate by creating a hybrid IT environment of both static and dynamic environments, that can be difficult to monitor efficiently. ITRS OP5 Monitor gives enterprises full visibility over their entire IT estate through a single pane of glass, allowing them to consolidate monitoring tools and cut down costs.

OP5 Monitor Customers

Svenska Spel, Carus, VGL, Tele2, Viking Line, Clas Ohlson, Vanderlande, Försäkringskassan

OP5 Monitor Video

OP5 Monitor Reviews

Sumanth Arshanapally - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Analyst at HCL Technologies
Great for monitoring servers, databases, storage, network devices, and log file monitoring
  • "We can also observe whatever we want, and there are no limitations."
  • "We do not get performance reports properly."

What is our primary use case?

We use OP5 Monitor to monitor servers, databases, storage, filers, storage devices, network devices, and log file monitoring.

What is most valuable?

Its open-source environment is accessible to everyone. We use plugins and scripts to monitor and can use customized scripts. We can also observe whatever we want, and there are no limitations. We can monitor whatever we want.

What needs improvement?

There are some lag time and connectivity issues. It is not an OP5 Monitor issue but due to some network issues. We do not get performance reports properly, which needs improvement.

We have been using this solution for almost three years. We are using version 8.3.2, and it is a client on-premises environment migrating to GCP and Google Cloud.

Network Monitoring Software
January 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about ITRS, Nagios, Zabbix and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
672,785 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is a stable solution.

It is scalable, and there are a lot of applications using OP5 Monitor. For each application, there are 40 to 50 servers and 40 applications in total. So there are around 1600 servers. So about eight servers are monitoring, and we have about 40 application users using OP5 to monitor their servers, their clusters, their network devices and storage waste.

We usually contact ITRS support, and OP5 Monitor is owned and managed by ITRS. We have a customer ITRS support portal, and we can search for ITRS support on Google. We can create a new ticket and ask them about queries if we need any new monitoring enabled or if we need to upgrade the OP5 Monitor. They respond within a few minutes. I rate the support an eight out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup was medium. It was not easy, nor was it difficult. You can take any server, install it, and download the OP5 from Google. It takes around 20 to 30 minutes for the main installation.

It is not a free solution, but our client agreed with ITRS that they would use OP5 Monitor, so they have kept using it.

We chose this solution because we did not pay for it. Our client insisted we use this solution only because it is their business, and they paid for it.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the solution an eight out of ten. Regarding advice, the graphic user interface is much better than Nagios. So if someone knows the basics of Nagios, they can use OP5 Monitor efficiently if there are any difficulties.

General Manager at Solucions IM
Good support and scalable, but the dashboard interface needs improvement
  • "The best feature is that it is very relatable, stable, and scalable. The logger is a part of the software, but it's not the most important point of it."
  • "They need to improve the dashboard interface."

What is our primary use case?

Our customers are using the OP5 solution for monitoring. Our customers are using log management, but it's not the only part of the software that they are using. They are using all the features, and log management is one of the features of the software.

We are working with its latest version.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is that it is very relatable, stable, and scalable. The logger is a part of the software, but it's not the most important point of it.

What needs improvement?

They need to improve the dashboard interface.

I have been using this solution for more than eight years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

It is very good. I would rate them a five out of five.

It is easy. We have one engineer for its deployment and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

My advice will be to buy it if it is the correct software for you.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about ITRS, Nagios, Zabbix, and more!
Updated: January 2023