IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

monday.com OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

monday.com is #1 ranked solution in top Project Portfolio Management tools, #1 ranked solution in top Marketing Management tools, and #2 ranked solution in top Project Management Software. PeerSpot users give monday.com an average rating of 9.4 out of 10. monday.com is most commonly compared to Asana: monday.com vs Asana. monday.com is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 15% of all views.
monday.com Buyer's Guide

Download the monday.com Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is monday.com?

monday.com is a cloud-based platform that allows teams to design their own work management software and applications. monday.com is a basic yet intuitive work operating system that facilitates teamwork in these ways:

• Allows teams to define workflows

• Adapts to changing demands

• Establishes transparency

• Allows for collaboration

• Eliminates manual grunt work

monday.com is extremely adaptable and may be utilized in any sector and for any workflow. You can build your apps to match your specific operational needs and modify your boards, dashboards, and documents to fit your team properly. It may be used for anything, including projects and procedures, and it can be used across teams, departments, leaders, and organizations.

Here are a few examples of how monday.com software can be put to good use:

• Marketing pipelines
  • Bug tracking
  • Event planning
  • Construction planning

monday.com Features

monday.com has many valuable features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Customized workflows
  • Task prioritizing
  • File sharing
  • Drag-and-drop
  • Context-aware communication
  • Progress and milestone monitoring

The most popular key features include:

• Work scheduling: monday.com’s Workload feature allows you to accurately assign and schedule team members at any given time. Check who's available and who isn't so you may reschedule or reassign work as needed to meet all of your project deadlines.
  • Tracking time for tasks: It's crucial to know where your time goes, especially if you're invoicing clients by the hour. Greater work precision is achieved by having a clear grasp of how much time is spent on each task because you’re able to make more informed decisions about how you spend your time.
  • Automated processes: Automations eliminate the need for manual labor in the completion of repetitive tasks.
  • At-a-glance dashboards: Dashboards are an excellent method to quickly see what's essential. They make it simple to gather useful information, manage project progress, predict effort, and keep track of budgets. They also keep your team focused and engaged on the high-level objectives that drive progress.
  • Integration with external tools: With two-click integrations, you can easily make monday.com your primary work hub. Integrate popular external apps like Jira and Slack, as well as Gmail and Mailchimp, to optimize your workflow even further.
  • Varied options for viewing data with Views: monday.com provides a number of ways to examine the data in your boards, including Gantt Chart View for project plans and Chart View for progress tracking. Views helps you to take a fresh perspective on things and obtain crucial insights that you might not have gotten otherwise.

Reviews from Real Users

monday.com stands out among its competitors for a number of reasons. Two major ones are its task status feature and its ability to integrate with external apps. PeerSpot users take note of the advantages of these features in their reviews:

Ben D., Front End Developer at a marketing services firm, writes of the product, “Their flagship feature, what used to be called the pulse, is great. Pulse offers great management. Being able to see everything at a glance and check task status, is wonderful. They use subtasks and the simple aspects of task management have been really helpful.”

Another PeerSpot reviewer, the Head of Projects at Smart Media SA, notes, “The boards offer an amazing and clear view of my tasks, campaigns, and progress. Automations especially with Slack and Outlook help with keeping my team up-to-date always. Graphs and charts are valuable for reporting purposes and to track progress made. Workforms/surveys are valuable and a very cool added feature.”

monday.com was previously known as DaPulse.

monday.com Customers

Raw Digital, Wix, Discovery, Frost & Sullivan, Adidas, Asos, Uber

monday.com Video

monday.com Reviews

COO at KifCure
User-friendly with great automation and sub-items
  • "The sub-items have been incredibly helpful."
  • "Monday is one of the more expensive tools available."

What is our primary use case?

I use it pretty much specifically with a vendor to some of my other companies. They do have their own board to manage the business between them and those companies.

Since we use an inventory management tool and we're a hemp and cannabis solutions company, we integrate with a number of different software. It's definitely made it a lot easier and I've incorporated it into our SOPs, so it's fundamental to our business at this point.

How has it helped my organization?

I've incorporated it into our standard operating procedures. It is fundamental to every facet of the business, as now something as simple. I'm a little upset lately, since they changed for security purposes, the email function to the board, as I used to have my sales reps email their orders (when they got them) to a Monday board that goes to my office manager, where he knows to make an invoice and go ahead and move forward with things to invoice the client using QuickBooks.

Just the overall flow, once that client paid that invoice, I have an automation set up that, depending on what revenue bucket it falls in, it will trigger, to tell that project manager for that board that a new project has been paid and she can go ahead and start work and the team can start formulating or we can start ordering ingredients, or whatever the case may be. It's basically incorporated into every portion of our business now.

What is most valuable?

The types of columns that I'm able to put into a particular board and the data that that captures. I like the fact that I could drop in PDFs. I can't do that with Excel. I can just drop in different types of files which I couldn't necessarily do in Excel. I can drop images into Excel, however, I can't drop files that are PDFs. Most of the things that I'm trying to collect on a particular client are signed documents and working documents.

It is user-friendly. I like the forms. I can have clients fill out a form. As far as making it easier, I would say the email feature, the automation really makes it special. The email feature where if say a status changes to complete, the fact that I can have a scheduled email to a client to say, "Thank you for doing business with us." I can a personal touch on it and have that go out on a timed basis so many days after they completed a project with us, they will get the message. Things like that have made life easier to be able to automate that stuff.

The sub-items have been incredibly helpful.

What needs improvement?

Monday is one of the more expensive tools available.

The columns don't have descriptions. I would love to be able to write an explanation for a column. I'm only able to label and title it.

Based on each group, I wish each group could have a snippet. The top of the board has a little note section or a summary, however, sometimes I do it by vendor, where each group on a particular board is a type of vendor, where maybe we have co-packing projects or something like that going on. Therefore, it gets complex.

If a new employee were to come in, it requires a lot of training to get them to understand the board, as there are things they just have to know. For example, a certain vendor is a type of lab to which we have to submit testing to, and we send specific types of products to certain labs. There's no way for me to write a little blurb about each group, rather than putting in a dummy or test item and having a comment section on that, which looks funny. The same thing goes for each of the columns. If you were able to hover over and be able to see it the way that you see a long text, if you hover over the long text boxes, you can see the whole thing. And if you were able to do that same function for one of the groups or column headings, it would be really helpful.

There wasn't much onboarding assistance. There are still things that, since we have a number of companies and I'm super busy going to these webinars, I sign up and I never can quite attend. It would be nice if there was a little bit of hands-on onboarding help. The same way that HubSpot, for instance, has its team reach out to you to say, "Hey, how can we improve?" I've organized it so that I could grab all kinds of KPIs and make my dashboard super intuitive and really gather a bunch of important information that I could use to improve the business, however, nobody really assists with that.

There are learning modules where I could go in, however, I'm very specific about the things I need to accomplish, and sitting on an hour-long video that doesn't pertain to my exact situation, where I have to play around with it more. Surely, I play around with things and I'm better than most at software stuff, as we have a software company, therefore, I'm used to dealing with this kind of thing. However, with the setup time, it would be really cool if they reached out to say, "Hey, if there's anything that I know you know that this software can do, that you're not utilizing since you just don't have the time to watch a bunch of videos and play around with it."

It was difficult to get to adopt it, however, it's fundamental now to how we run the business. We couldn't function without it, at this point, unless I adopted something new and applied the same, just I've invested so much time into creating processes around Monday.

With automation, I've gotten to the point where managing the boards is somebody's half of their job. Managing a Monday board is half of somebody's time. While it's a lot of work to use it, it does a lot of things that eliminate a lot of work that would need to be manual if we were using Excel or something that's free.

The clocking in and clocking out for people who are doing projects could be improved. I know that there's an integration that I could do with something called Time, or there are a number of others that I can connect to, however, it's got the functionality to do it. We're trying to use just Monday to do that clocking in, and clocking out, on various projects, however, it could be better.

monday.com
July 2022
Learn what your peers think about monday.com. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've used the solution for about two-and-a-half years.

It's pretty stable.

Every once in a while, there may be some downtime, however, I just assume that is when they're making a lot of changes. Sometimes it's really slow, which sucks, as I have my employees clock in using it.

Right after I moved a lot of our people over to hourly, we kept having some connection issues or it was slower than other websites were, due to an update or something like that.

The solution can continue to scale.

Technical support has been great.

When you make requests, sometimes they say no. Like with the email change, I had to change up my process. They said it was for security purposes and they simply said that no, it's just going to be these long jingled things that make no sense, instead of whatever the old one was. They just simply said, we have to change them now to be a bunch of mixed letters and numbers and symbols for security purposes. I'm not sure why, and it is what it is. I'm fairly used to software people saying, "Your request, thank you for submitting it, but it is what it is." However, they're fast to reply.

Positive

I was using Teams to try to organize everything. Monday ended up being able to solve pretty much all of my problems. I've now incorporated it into all of my SOPs.

I wasn't quite able to organize the flow of things and it didn't have the automation set up, and it was just difficult to visualize projects. As I couldn't do everything on the project management tool, I was doing some things on Excel. The fact that Monday is very similar to Excel, it made it a lot easier.

I had to basically get rid of my entire old team and onboard a whole new team. It was actually pretty intense. It was a very difficult thing. The old team was just stuck in their ways. We moved from being a smaller company and we were growing at a really fast rate, and I was the only one who was really organizing things. Now, I have a whole operations team, however, for a couple of years we were in a growth phase and it's just that the old team wasn't able to adopt the Monday change.

I have seen an ROI. I incorporated it into my SOPs. My business pretty much runs on Monday. My whole team actually is able to use this, however, I did have to have a lot of turnover to get people to use it. Of course, adopting change is always difficult, however, now my entire team does know how to use it and does use it, as it's a part of their job. That said, that was difficult to onboard originally.

It's one of the more expensive tools.

I looked at a few others, however, I feel like Asana is very similar. I've worked with other companies where I'm able to log in to a particular board the same way you can on Monday. It's very, very similar and people like that just as much. I just went with Monday as it felt right to me.

Other software have very similar programming. I was pretty set on it. I went looking for a new tool and it met all my needs in a demo, and with a 30 day demo they were promoting that month. It worked out and now I can't not use it. I'm pretty happy with it, even though it's really expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and end-user.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. There's a few things that would be great, however, I don't know if it's me not giving it the time to be able to do it correctly or if the program just simply can't do it.

Ben Davidson - PeerSpot reviewer
Front End Developer at a marketing services firm with 1-10 employees
Great management with helpful Gantt views and useful subtask functionality
  • "Being able to see everything at a glance and check task status, is wonderful."
  • "Speed and reliability need to be better."

What is our primary use case?

We switched to Monday from a couple of other options for tracking task management for our projects. That had proved to be a pretty difficult thing to do, since we kind of straddled the line in terms of a small business versus a big project, project management, somewhere. Particularly the developers and designers on our teams can use some of the larger solutions, however, most of our clients just don't feel that is necessary. It's really nice to be able to scale up when we need to. We had just a lot of issues finding something that was going to be easy to use, not just for developers, but designers as well, and allowed for at least some customer interaction through the dashboard as well.

What is most valuable?

Their flagship feature, what used to be called the pulse is great. Pulse offers great management. Being able to see everything at a glance and check task status, is wonderful. They use subtasks and the simple aspects of task management have been really helpful. Even beyond that, we do some Gantt views and calendar views, however, a lot of it is really just being able to manage large numbers of tasks seamlessly and be able to view them on different dashboards individually, not just per project.

Previously, that was the limitation. We could look at all of the projects that someone was working on, and all of the tasks associated with the project, however, being able to filter down very specifically to say which tasks were on a particular project for a particular day, the interface was a lot better in our testing of Monday than it was with other similar solutions.

What needs improvement?

Speed and reliability need to be better. I don't mean that in a very basic, "Oh, we can't log in." Rather, there are issues with connectivity. That happens with anything at any sort of scale. I understand that. A bigger issue definitely is speed. It can run very slowly at times. A lot of the time we don't have issues, however, there are plenty of times when switching between views takes a long time, and I recognize they're doing on-the-fly queries with a lot of data. That's hard to do, hard to speed up, however, it does impact our workflow. That can really slow us down, particularly when we're trying to do a quick project check-in and we have to switch between two projects or more than one project and more than one person, having to drill down between those different contexts can be pretty cumbersome if it's a project at any sort of scale.

We've been using the solution since 2019.

It's fairly stable. They probably hit 99% or 98% stable, however, they'll go down for half a day at a time sometimes, which isn't great. It's not very common. That may be once or twice a year that they'll go down for a couple of hours, which obviously throws a wrench into things for us, however, there's enough collateral in other services that we're able to see what we're working on. It doesn't usually get in the way too much. We'll just work off PostIts for a couple of hours so we can reconcile everything. It's not too bad.

I can't speak to the number of clients that we have using it, since I don't know. However, internally, we've got six people using it. We bring clients in as well and have them use the system as necessary, which usually only happens if they're more on the medium to large-scale business or if it happens to be a more in-depth project. They'll usually have one or two seats that they use in that case, just to be able to offer feedback as we're working through the project. Occasionally, we'll have more than that, however, internally it's about a half dozen seats and then externally it's "as needed".

In most senses, it seems very scalable. That's one of the things that drew us to the product was that it can be used to handle very small projects, can be used to handle much larger projects.

The issue that you run into is the same issue with scalability that you're going to have anywhere. It's large amounts of data, and so, querying that data just takes more time.  I would say that we do have some issues with scalability, however, it's really not more than we'd have with other project management systems except maybe something that was on-premises.

Technical support is pretty good. They're pretty responsive to the issues that we have. The consistent issue that we have had with them, if we have one, has been speed instability. When we inquire about that, we get a regular answer of, "Oh, we're sorry to hear about that. We're working on it. We'll get someone back to you when we have an answer," and very little will happen. It's not unexpected as we recognize the difficulties that they're dealing with. That said, after a while, it can feel a little hollow having that response. I suppose that's no different than what most customer service teams will do. They do offer guidance when we ask for help, however.

Positive

We still used 10,000 Feet a little bit, which was subsumed into Smartsheet some time ago. We used that really just for timesheet tracking since it happens to integrate with our accounting software, that's in the process of moving, however, the accounting software is kind of the lame-duck here. We have to work at the speed of the accounting software and that is Glacial. Previously, we used that for all of our task management as it was so simple to tie that to very specific line item accounting. We do that to a certain extent still, however, it's much more for the day-to-day tasks that don't need to be tied to a number, just tied to a task list to be able to track feedback loops and whatnot. That's really what Monday has helped with.

Everybody's just using their website. It's either that or their free app through the app store. It's a very public cloud situation.

Everybody in the company was involved at some level with the setup. I did some of the testing and vetting of various solutions before anything happened and then went through Monday and a bunch of webinars and whatnot too.

The initial setup is pretty simple. One of the advantages that Monday probably has for itself is that you don't need to dive straight into really deep integrations unless you want to. A lot of that has come very slowly with our team. Therefore, initially, it was very simple. We're using much more complicated things through some of our integrations with GitHub and Slack and whatnot, however, right off the bat, implementation is easy.

We have two people, handling the setup. Our team's project manager did almost everything. Then, intermittently, we would have someone else from Monday help on troubleshooting a couple of things. There isn't anybody who is full-time just Monday.com management.

In terms of maintenance, we do have one full-time project manager. There's maintenance in that someone needs to go in and assign tasks and manage the status of those tasks if they do tree shaking and pruning, so to speak, to make sure that everything is moving along. However, the updates in terms of architecture are handled automatically, which is nice. The content of the software is software as a service. We have endpoints and we do what we can.

We did everything internally. We connected with their onboarding team a bit, however, it's mostly folks who are running webinars normally. I don't remember us having a dedicated person past the first week or two. It was more about getting us acquainted with the platform rather than trying to build out a whole. The system itself doesn't need a lot of configuration compared to Jira or any of those larger systems that get you more at that ERP level.

We've seen an ROI. It has really helped from a process point of view for us to be able to do some internal evaluations of our QA processes and to be able to really push everyone towards documenting everything that they're doing. It's nice that there's a single point of truth for all of our projects. That was definitely lacking previously.

It's extremely affordable. I've considered even getting a personal license just outside of work as it's been so helpful for all of my task management at work. I haven't quite pulled the trigger on that, since I'm not sure that the price point quite makes sense to have two of them running side by side. That said, it's great. The price point is very approachable, particularly for the time it saves. If it saves one hour a month, it more than pays for itself.

We looked at several other options. We looked at a few that were more on the free side or had free tiers like Asana and Trello. We also looked at Jira, which uses swim lanes and is very scrum compliant, very agile.

Monday seems to be what really struck a nice balance between what was usable from the designer and project manager end, and then what was usable from the developer end as well.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to give it a go. It's been great for task management with collaboration on top and some web-based integrations like Slack, Github, or Microsoft Teams.

monday.com
July 2022
620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Head of Projects at Smart Media SA
User
Great automation with easy to understand boards and helpful technical support
  • "We are a lot more organized, and have transparency throughout key areas of our business thanks to this solution."
  • "I find that I cannot customize my automation for Slack as much as I need."

What is our primary use case?

We’ve used a variety of media platforms to increase the brand awareness of our clients and are endorsed by the retailers we partner with. True to our entrepreneurial approach, we are always on the lookout for exciting and innovative opportunities to grow and develop the businesses of our clients.

We required a system to assist us in various areas of our company. From managing new project roll-outs for our new media solutions to tracking our advertising campaign status and installations as well as giving us a complete and transparent view of our sales pipeline. Monday.com has given us that and more. We use Monday.com for the below areas:

• Project management (managing the roll-out of our new in-store solutions and new online system roll-outs)
  • Sales pipeline (managing and reporting our sales pipeline)
  • Campaign Tracking (tracking the implementation and status of all our campaigns)
  • Accounts (keeping track of our billing and accounts information)
  • Meeting Minutes (we keep our meeting notes and minutes on Monday.com by using Monday.com docs)
  • Work forms and surveys for Adhoc purposes
  • Marketing campaigns. We recently started using Monday.com to manage our marketing campaigns and calendar

I use Monday.com to manage my project roll-outs, keep everyone updated on my progress by using the quick chart/graph view, manage ongoing campaign installations and progress, and track the status of our campaigns from the sales pipeline stage to operations and implementation to the final stages of the campaigns and then billing/accounts.

I will also use the system for Adhoc purposes (ie. the surveys and work forms). I absolutely love this functionality and it is so easy to use. We specialize in and sell in-store media space in retail stores across South Africa (both static and digital media) and we have become in-store advertising experts in the pharmacy environment working closely with Dis-Chem to provide an effective offering to advertisers. We also have a training application where we train pharmacists and employees in the retail stores and educate them on all the products in-store.

To say I am passionate about Monday.com is an understatement. I only wish there were more hours in the day for me to work on this amazing system. What I love the most is how customizable everything is. That is what everyone wants and needs - to make a system their own and be able to work for them. Every company is different and this is why Monday.com is the difference. I have tried ClickUp, Trello, and Favro and nothing quite compares to Monday.com.

How has it helped my organization?

We are a lot more organized, and have transparency throughout key areas of our business thanks to this solution. I have everything on Monday.com from my meetings minutes to all my campaigns and the progress of our installations, store lists with our current advertising media campaigns, etc. I have also on-boarded my entire team to use Monday.com and encouraged them to use Monday for their sales pipeline view/progress and reporting and for daily tasks and activities. I also use the dashboards and charts for easy reporting with my team.

What is most valuable?

The boards offer an amazing and clear view of my tasks, campaigns, and progress.

Workforms/surveys are valuable and a very cool added feature.

My team uses all of these features. I have a huge passion for Monday.com. What I love the most is how customizable everything is.

What needs improvement?

I would love it if the milestones could appear in bold. Seeing this would help me so much. I would also like charts to have a bit more functionality without me having to purchase the 3rd party analytics and reports app.

Automations could also be a bit more flexible. I find that I cannot customize my automations for Slack as much as I need. For example, I would like to send a notification to my team on Slack when a certain date arrives and only if the "probability rating" is at 3 stars (using the rating column).

I've used the solution for one year and three months.

Compared to other sites the solution is very stable. Now and then automation may not work immediately, or, when amended too often, it won't change. However, that is often due to connectivity or confusing the system too much.

I have no doubt Monday.com will only improve regularly and eventually become one of the most powerful online tools out there.

Technical support is excellent. They understood me and helped me as soon as I needed help.

Positive

We did use Trello. Whilst the KanBan feature is important in some cases I definitely needed a lot more functionality and options for my site to be more customizable. I gave ClickUp a trial and try as well and although they have a similar concept as Monday.com I didn't enjoy the the look and feel and still find Monday.com more user-friendly.

The initial setup is very straightforward. I know the system backward and forward.

I handled the setup in-house. I myself completed the onboarding with the team.

In exchange for managing projects easier and keeping my colleagues and boss happy and up-to-date, as well being more efficient, it's hard to put a monetary value on it. However, there is definitely an increase in productivity and in completing tasks efficiently.

The solution works amazing for me and my team. I am very happy with the amount of automation and functionality we receive on the professional model package.

I did look at ClickUp, Trello, and Favro.

What other advice do I have?

I'd like the solution to please kindly make milestones appear in bold. If we were given the option for our tasks to appear in italic as well - that would also be amazing as we could then easily differentiate between urgent tasks and milestones. We want more customizable charts.

Google
Founder & CEO at Falkor Digital
User
Great customization and time tracking with excellent communication tools
  • "Since I'm using it for a variety of purposes, not just project management, I can customize boards and workspaces based on the needs of that particular workflow."
  • "I'd like better CRM integrations."

What is our primary use case?

I have a three-person team (plus myself), where my team works offshore and I'm US-based. We use Monday.com primarily as a project management tool. However, I also use it heavily as a CRM and personal task management tool.

I love that I can integrate it with our Google Workspace accounts efficiently. We're a design team, so sharing drafts of work is constant.

I plan my team's daily workload with detailed steps, often up to 75-100 customizes steps, and respond to drafts across the project journey.

For the CRM, I am manually entering leads that come through a combination of Dripify + LinkedIn + LI Sales Navigator, although I do wish there was better optimization and integration with that.

How has it helped my organization?

Communication and file organization are centralized (instead of emails and file share via Google). I chose Monday.com over Trello, Wrike, or other competitors due to the user interface and ease of customization.

Emails alone were becoming extremely challenging, especially with finding specific files or emails. We just started sending emails to boards as well which has been a game-changer. I know these are somewhat standard project management solutions, however, Monday.com does it in a way that's far more intuitive and easy to customize. That's the key difference for my team.

What is most valuable?

Customization is #1 for me. Since I'm using it for a variety of purposes, not just project management, I can customize boards and workspaces based on the needs of that particular workflow.

Communication tools have been fantastic, and my team has adopted them well.

Time tracking is pretty good. It could be more robust, however, it's been fine so far. Previewing of files has been fantastic as well. I love not having to download every single file to see it.

I live in the notifications; it's what I visit first thing every morning to see my team's updates.

What needs improvement?

I'd like better CRM integrations. It currently does not stand up to HubSpot or SalesForce when it comes to integrating well as a CRM. Improvements there would be huge.

I'd hugely appreciate a more price effective solution to scaling up and down my employees as well. It gets very expensive to scale.

Also having a "lite" version of the application for executive user's who just don't have the ability or time to dive into the full version of the platform. Something like a customizable view link for either execs or clients who just need snapshots of specific things.

I could also use the ability to separate companies. I run two companies in Monday.com and it's very challenging to separate notifications for different users and companies.

Also, I need more features for mobile. I can't seem to delete action items on mobile or have other basic abilities that would allow me to be more independent from my computer. Also, I'd like better integration with iCloud for managing files on mobile.

Lastly, they should offer PDF annotation directly in-app would. I could provide feedback without the need to download the file or use external applications.

I've used the solution for about two years.

The stability is not so great. It needs improvement for sure. When it goes down it is dead in the water until fixed and brings my business to a grinding halt. In terms of day to day the web version is generally not very buggy, it's more about the times where everything just stops working. The desktop version is quite buggy because it's essentially just pushing the data out to the web version on the fly. So I often find things don't update, or the desktop app in general can be buggy. I will sometimes add detailed items then they won't save. It's not often, but when it does happen it's quite frustrating. So I abandoned the desktop version in favor of the web version which is generally a lot more stable (when its not down that is).

From a cost standpoint it's not ideal for smaller businesses like mine. Technically the platform is easy to scale team members and section them off.

Support is very good, fast, and knowledgeable - especially with more custom "what if?" kinds of questions that are more about custom workflow solutions. They are quick to provide potential workarounds or integrations that could work.

Positive

I've used Trello and Wrike in the past with companies I worked as an employee of. I never liked them. Once I started my own company I wanted something way more customizable. I went with Monday.com and have been very happy.

The setup offers plenty of videos that are easy to understand and I also like the sample boards a lot. Support responds fairly quickly with answers so I'd rate the ease of implementation very high.

I personally handled all setup, training, and implementation.

I'd say I've seen an average ROI. I cringe when I get the bill each year, however, I know I need it. If it were much more though, I'd have to reconsider out of sheer survival.

I'd advise new users to expect to pay a lot more than you're used to. Also, that scaling is a pain. However, if they need something more user-friendly and customizable, it's the only way to go.

I had already evaluated Trello and Wrike through direct experience.

What other advice do I have?

The system has been pretty buggy as of late. I've abandoned trying to use the desktop application and the iOS app is super buggy as well. I will add items, with detailed comments, and they will just disappear. Stability should be a priority over enhancements in my opinion - at least until they are solved. My business comes to a grinding halt when the platform goes down, which has been nearly once a week this past month.

Other
Information Technology Manager at Big Chief Tire
User
Easy to set up, improves communication, and keeps users organized
  • "Monday.com is a very organized and easy-to-use tool."
  • "There should be on-screen PC/Mac notifications when the website/service is not open on the screen."

What is our primary use case?

Our business uses Monday.com to communicate assignments to each of our departments. Our management then receives the notice of the new assignments, can communicate with other staff in an organized location related to the said assignment, and can do all of this for multiple assignments at once.

Monday.com is a very organized and easy-to-use tool.

We also use this tool as a way to track the status of online sales. We only have about half a dozen of online sales active at any time (we are 99% storefront retail, with very rare cases of online sales) and Monday.com allows the storefronts to keep track of the online sale status all in one convenient place that one of our users keeps updated as the status of the sale changes.

How has it helped my organization?

Our business has produced a new level of communication and understanding of work needing to be completed that we did not have prior to using Monday.com. Prior to using Monday.com, we were primarily using texts and phone calls to communicate, but by not using an all-inclusive form of communication, a lot of vital information was lost in the weeds and Monday.com has resolved all of these issues. Monday.com allows us to keep all communication local to the problem in question, while not losing the information needed to succeed.

What is most valuable?

The communication/update section on each assignment is excellent. The ability to ask and answer questions and update each other on the progress of an assignment, while staying in the confines of that specific assignment, while also not disturbing other assignments or adding confusion is a priceless asset.

As I included in my previous answer, we were primarily using texts and phone calls to communicate, but by not using an all-inclusive form of communication, a lot of vital information was lost in the weeds and Monday.com has resolved all of
these issues.

What needs improvement?

There should be on-screen PC/Mac notifications when the website/service is not open on the screen. If they made it similar to a social media notification, that would be a bonus. From what I've been able to find, this is not a current feature with Monday.com.

Another area of improvement would probably be a form of inclusion from outside sources of communication. I would love to be able to read a Monday.com notification on an Apple Watch, use voice-to-text to respond to the said notification, and then have that response get added to the Monday.com assignment in question.

Again, these may already be implemented in some form or fashion, however, I have yet to find them.

Our business has been using Monday.com for almost two years now.

Our company's instance of Monday.com is cloud-hosted and we have no impression of the service halting in the future. We plan to use this service as our sole project management solution.

Our company's instance of Monday.com is fairly small compared to other instances that I have seen. Our company only has around 25 employees that use Monday.com on a day-to-day basis. We keep everything within a couple of pages, and I've seen corporations that have dozens of pages open within their instance with each page essentially being used as an individual storefront. I have definitely seen cases of use where we could grow our company's instance into much more in-depth management, however, we have yet to see a need to.

We have had minimal communication with customer service and/or support, only due to the fact that we haven't needed support in any way so far. Everything has run smoothly.

Positive

We have tried multiple solutions in the past (Asana, Whatsapp), however, have found that Monday.com has been the easiest product to integrate completely into our day-to-day with our staff.

We have a staff of upper-level management that doesn't always want to conform to new technological inclusions into our business, especially on a day-to-day level, and we have had little to no push back on our integration with Monday.com.

All levels of management use it on a day-to-day basis and company-wide, we have had great success in communication and a higher rate of completion by the deadline on projects and assignments created within the Monday.com platform.

The initial setup is completely straightforward. Our VP had no issues setting up the service for our company.

The solution was implemented in-house.

Our ROI with Monday.com is primarily based on job accuracy and completion by goal dates issued by upper management. While we don't directly quantify a financial ROI for Monday.com within our business, we do acknowledge the growth in information retainment, higher job accuracy within our lower-level staff, and higher completion by goal dates company-wide since implementing Monday.com into our business.

I'd advise new users to prepare to budget around Monday.com being a needed product that is never considered a dropable product. It has become a massive asset to our day-to-day production, and we plan to run full speed with Monday.com as our primary project management tool.

It was extremely simple and easy to set up for our vice president who was then able to individually invite the required staff into our company's instance of Monday.com, and within an hour he had created the infrastructure that we have operated for the last two years.

As I said previously, we have tried multiple solutions in the past (Asana, Whatsapp). I have found that Monday.com has been the easiest product to integrate completely into our day-to-day with our staff.

What other advice do I have?

Monday.com is a fantastic project management tool that our company would recommend to any company working in any field with a deadline.

Timea Barrack - PeerSpot reviewer
Business Development Manager at Imre Borsanyi CPA
Great features, helpful filtering capabilities, and great tutorials
  • "The filters are extremely useful."
  • "The product could have more templates."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the board, and we use automation, rules, and different groups.

We use monday.com for our workflow. But we don't really have any issues with Monday.com.

How has it helped my organization?

We spend less time organizing our things to do. Everything is on the board on Monday.com and we don't have to discuss or assign or meet anymore. We just push a button and change the status and it's done. We work more efficiently since using Monday.com.

What is most valuable?

There are so many great features. All of them are great.

The filters are extremely useful. Since we work remotely, we can filter down to the task, to employees, to urgency, to everything. Every little detail we can filter down into. The filtering is the best part.

All of our projects, tasks, and clients are on the same board so we can search for anything and we don't have to ask the others.

What needs improvement?

They improve the product regularly. We just go with the flow as it works perfectly for us.

The solution should have better integration. We have, for example, Ignition, our online contract platform. When the clients sign the contract online, it would be awesome if it could trigger Monday.com and create a task immediately. Right now, we are doing it manually. We were trying to connect Monday.com with Ignition through Zapier, however, it was too complicated. Therefore, integration would be awesome.

They need a bigger server or more space on whatever they keep this website on. Sometimes, when we have a huge board, it gets slow. They might need more resources.

The product could have more templates.

I've been using the solution since 2020.

The stability is endless. I don't have any projects that I cannot set up on Monday.com. It's so flexible. If you need something to organize your stuff, Monday.com is the best.

There are 14 end-users. Everyone works from their laptops.

The scalability is great. There's nothing I can't set up, no matter the size.

Technical support is awesome. They had some technical issues, a few weeks ago and they kept me posted. They replied back immediately. It was totally acceptable. They admitted to the technical issues and they did not argue. They did not ask me to refer to the router and stuff like that. Everything was good. Their support is good.

Positive

We tried many different platforms and none of them worked. Then, on Facebook,  an ad for Monday.com popped up and the company loved it.

We tried Karbon, and then Jetpack. They were not good. We spent more time changing and updating the status than the actual work.

Monday.com has more flexibility. Karbon did not have that many settings. Since we are a CPA firm, we have different projects and groups like tax returns, monthly closing, small tasks, and so many different items and tasks. Now, we have 14 users in this group and Karbon did not have that big flexibility to assign, and share tasks and responsibilities. We couldn't work it out. When we tried Monday.com, we found that we could change a lot more and update, and personalize everything specifically to the firm, or to the project, or the task.

The initial setup was easy. There are great tutorials and support.

There were three people who handled the deployment. I was one of them. There was a manager who did the workflow and the professional details. I did the operational side of the workflow and another individual did the overall review and is the owner.

The product does not require any maintenance.

We did not use an integrator or consultant during the initial setup.

We've seen an ROI. The time we spent on organizing is a lot less than what we did before.

Previously, before Monday.com, our firm time was a lot higher. The firm time is when you are doing your organizing, saving documents, and checking your things to do. Now, it's a lot less. I would say 30% to 40% less time spent on organizing than we spent before. All of the time we saved, we carried over to billable time with clients.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. Our environment is 100% virtual, with everyone working from home.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

I'd advise new users to watch the tutorials. If you do not have the basic knowledge of how to use Monday.com, you can get lost very quickly.

When a platform has so many settings and solutions, that means that it's more difficult to set up everything, as it's not quick. When you set up a workflow, you have multiple options to choose from and then, when you choose an option, then you have other multiple options. You can mess it up pretty quickly.

However, if you are watching the tutorials, and see and think ahead about how you want to set up your board and what you want to see, this platform would be perfect. That said, at first, you need to know what you want to see. A random setting up of boards, statuses, and labels will not be ideal. If you know what you want to see, then you can prepare.

Private Cloud
Project Manager at Pell Insulation Ltd.
User
Enables our customers to manipulate the dates that a project will be worked so I am always up to date with delays in our projects
  • "All of the features are valuable. Especially, creating tickets for projects and assigning workers. Having trackable conversations and archive items for reference. We offer our customers a live update of their project by sharing a board directly with them. This allows them to comment or submit documents directly to Monday.com."
  • "Service being down happens to often. They need to create a desktop version that stores the info locally so that when their servers are down, I can keep working and accessing my data. Then it could be uploaded when their servers are online."

What is our primary use case?

We use Monday.com to manage our projects as a construction company. We also use it to keep track of many things, such as employees and their safety certificates. We generate emails based on data in the projects. We schedule safety meetings and generate emails automatically. I have multiple boards for the same projects. One is for our orders, one is for a site overview and one we share with our customers. We have a service schedule that automatically generates a covid-19 form that the homeowner can fill out and submit directly to Monday.com

How has it helped my organization?

Before Monday.com we used to write our schedule on a whiteboard and use an Outlook calendar. Looking back now, I don't know how we did it. We would never go back. We are now organized across our company. There is accountability now since all conversations are recorded on our items. We offer our customers a live update of their project by sharing a board directly with them. This allows them to comment or submit documents directly to Monday.com. We do the same with some of our contractors. They have the ability to manipulate the dates the project will be worked on and I set it so I get a notification if the date is changed, so I am always up to date with delays in our projects.

What is most valuable?

All of the features are valuable. Especially, creating tickets for projects and assigning workers. Having trackable conversations and archive items for reference. We offer our customers a live update of their project by sharing a board directly with them. This allows them to comment or submit documents directly to Monday.com. We do the same with some of our contractors. They have the ability to manipulate the dates that the project will be worked on and I set it so I get a notification if the date is changed, so I am always up to date with delays in our projects.

What needs improvement?

Service being down happens to often. They need to create a desktop version that stores the info locally so that when their servers are down, I can keep working and accessing my data. Then it could be uploaded when their servers are online.

I would like to also see improvements to the map and phone number columns. I think Monday.com is based out of the UK. When entering locations, it always suggests addresses not in our country. When adding phone numbers, it doesn't recognize some area code and it enters it as if it was a European number.

We have been using Monday.com since September 2021.

For the most part, Monday.com is stable and works great, but when its servers are down, it can be a nightmare for us here at the office. I am really left in the dark and we don't have a backup. We depend on the Monday.com schedule. I think this needs to be addressed and I've already voiced my concerns with Monday.com.

I feel that Monday.com would be able to grow with our company. If we doubled in size then I am confident that Monday.com would still get the job done for us.

Support is very quick and helpful. They have address all my concerns in a timely manner. They send videos that they create specifically for your concern and it helps.

Positive

We used Outlook calendar before and it was lacking in so many ways. It only fulfilled the scheduling aspect and did not give us options to organize other areas of our company.

It is complex to start up. Luckily, I grasped it well and ran with it. I have since, been in charge of the maintenance of Monday.com.

I set up Monday.com myself using the tutorial they have on their website. Mostly through trial and error. I seem to have it set up exactly how we like it. Monday.com is very versatile so the options are endless which can make it daunting at first. I would suggest building the boards, keeping them simple and tweaking them as needed until you find the best way to display your info.

It's worth the cost depending on the size of your company. We have a pro plan and use most features for our company. The automations are key for us and the size of our company, the Pro plan makes sense.

I was referred by my sister, Michelle Kapila. She used Monday.com and showed me when I was hunting for a new service. I don't remember the other platforms that were options to switch to. Once I found Monday.com, I never looked back.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend Monday.com for those stuck using white boards/paper schedules. Since having Monday.com, I've seen the lack of organization in companies we deal with and how Monday.com would help them so much.

Manager, Operations/Installations at Decor Window Fashions LLC
User
Excellent automation, saves time, and has great color coding
  • "The automation is huge."
  • "Sometimes automation is delayed, which can lead to duplicate items being created."

What is our primary use case?

We use Monday.com to track all of our open projects.

We have multiple workflows that are separated onto their own boards, with one central board showing all of the projects and statuses using mirror columns. We have a board for items that are ordered readymade, a board for custom projects that require materials and assembly, and also a board for service requests.

We have recently implemented forms on our website to automatically create an item when a customer fills them out. When projects are ready, they are automatically sent to our scheduling board to complete the project.

How has it helped my organization?

I can't believe we ever got by without having Monday.com to manage our projects. Not only can we see jobs and statuses at a glance, but we are able to automate messages regarding backorders or other problems so nothing slips through the cracks. We had record sales numbers in 2021 and were able to handle the increased volume with a lower headcount that in previous years. We also spend less time looking for job folders and calling one another to check on project statuses since all of the information is available on Monday.com.

What is most valuable?

The automation is huge. We have about 25 employees across three different locations, so communication regarding projects has always been an issue. Now, notifications are sent to the salespeople about their projects with the click of a button. We also use automation to create new items on the scheduling page after they are marked as ready. This is a small thing, however, the couple of minutes it saves on every project amounts to a huge time saver.

The map locations are also a huge help when we are scheduling. Items are color-coded by group, so we can look for unscheduled items nearby and create efficient routes.

What needs improvement?

There are occasional outages, however, they are usually resolved quickly.

We also use the program to track our scheduling. Any kind of integration with scheduling software would be a great help.

As I mentioned, we have been implementing the forms, however, it would be great if we had the option to view the items created by the forms in that same form format.

I haven't tried the calendar integrations recently, however, it would also be great if a scheduled item could link to an Outlook calendar and also export all of the item information into that calendar item.

We started using the product in October 2018.

Overall, the stability is great.  There are occasional outages such as connectivity issues or delayed automations which can be an issue given how much we rely on it.  These issues are usually resolved quickly and the Monday.com twitter account provides prompt updates on the problems they are experiencing and estimated resolution times.

It is scalable, however, the data entry aspect is getting to be cumbersome as we grow.

Any integrations/automation to create new items can solve this in the future.

We have had a few instances where we were having issues or just had some questions on functionality. Customer service is always responsive and helpful.  We also follow the Twitter account so we know quickly when there are outages or other issues occurring.

Positive

We did not have any kind of project management system in place prior to Monday.com. We recognized the need as we were spending so much time chasing papers and folders around the office.

Most of the complexity came from figuring out how it would best serve our needs. Once I gained an understanding of the different columns and automations, the picture became clear and made for an easy setup.

We implemented the system in-house. It is still something we continue to tailor and improve almost weekly. I recommend having at least one person in an organization understand the program and gather feedback to make it as efficient as possible.

We have cut at least one salary by implementing the system while increasing our sales. Based on our yearly rates, it is at least a 20X return.

The pricing is certainly fair. We started with just five active users while we were in a beta phase and figuring out how it would work for us. We have since upgraded to ten active users. We don't even come close to hitting our automation threshold.

I love that we are able to have viewer-only members, so our whole organization can be subscribed and get updates without having everyone count against our total.

We considered using Netsuite and some other manufacturing software. The cost of such a system made it a nonstarter.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, Monday.com has been essential to our growth over the last couple of years. The setup can take some time, however, the ability to completely customize the system to the needs of your organization makes it well worth it.

Download our free monday.com Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: July 2022