We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

JD Edwards World OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

JD Edwards World is #14 ranked solution in top ERP tools. PeerSpot users give JD Edwards World an average rating of 8 out of 10. JD Edwards World is most commonly compared to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne: JD Edwards World vs JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 46% of all views.
What is JD Edwards World?
Oracle's JD Edwards World single platform solution enables better collaboration both within and outside your business network. Get all of your lines of business working together sharing information, boosting performance, trimming costs, and driving profitable growth. ERP Suite.

Download the ERP Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

JD Edwards World Customers
SICIM S.p.A., Fabbrica d'Armi Pietro Beretta S.p.A, Atrium European Real Estate, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, Calumet Specialty Partners, LP Products, Grupo Arcor, Original BUFF S.A., Shelf Drilling Ltd., African + Eastern, Westfield Group LLC, Sportmaster Ltd., Beijing Xinladao Restaurant Group
JD Edwards World Video

JD Edwards World Reviews

Convenient and flexible for users
  • "I think JDE ERP is very flexible and very convenient for the users. I think EnterpriseOne is more convenient for users to do the inquiry and do the data entry. The UI is better than JDE World. For JDE products, including the World version, is very flexible. It's a good product for clients."
  • "I have more than 18 years of JDE experience in JDE EnterpriseOne and World versions. I think JDE is good but compared to SAP and Oracle EPS, we can see which area needs to have some improvement for JDE."

What is our primary use case?

With the World version, we use the finance module, distribution module, and the manufacturing module.

What is most valuable?

I think JDE ERP is very flexible and very convenient for the users. I think EnterpriseOne is more convenient for users to do the inquiry and do the data entry. The UI is better than JDE World. JDE products, including the World version, is very flexible. It's a good product for clients.

What needs improvement?

I have more than 18 years of JDE experience in JDE EnterpriseOne and World versions. I think JDE is good but compared to SAP and Oracle EPS, we can see which area needs to have some improvement for JDE.

I have been using JD Edwards Worlds for three to four years.

JDE World is more stable than JDE EnterpriseOne. For JDE EnterpriseOne, the Integrity part will generate some errors. Since they have low Integrity, we get some duplicate records in the accumulator table. This is an issue.

For this type of issue, that will cause maybe the losses, it is about a single step or a single web program.

A main difference between EnterpriseOne and World is the user interface, they are different. JDE is totally web-based system already. But for the JDE World, I think they need to use a CS program to access the server and then do the operations.

There is some type of difference between JDE EnterpriseOne and JDE World version. The table is not the same. Most of them are the same, but some tables are different.

The server is also a difference. For the JDE World version, they normally use the IBM X400 servers. But for JDE EnterpriseOne, they can build on the Intel servers.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate JDE World and eight out of ten.

I would like to see performance monitoring improve. Since I have experience with SAP, I know they have some program to monitor the performance, they can know what the current CPU is and what the program status is. But in JDE, I don't know whether they have enough programs to do the monitoring for the performance.

I would recommend EnterpriseOne over World. I have done a comparison between JDE, SAP, and EPS, I think JDE is the best amongst these three ERPs. I'm in China and JDE has very few customers here. I think the root cause is the cost strategy. Their sales strategy is wrong.

Private Cloud