IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services is the #5 ranked solution in top Business-to-Business Middleware tools. PeerSpot users give IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services is most commonly compared to SAP Process Orchestration: IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services vs SAP Process Orchestration. IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Business-to-Business Middleware Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services?

IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services are designed to alleviate the burden on internal resources by providing secure connectivity and collaboration with your customers, suppliers, and business partners. The solution is built on the cloud-based B2B integration and visibility capabilities of IBM Sterling B2B Collaboration Network and provides comprehensive service offerings for partner onboarding, B2B process management, and trading partner support.

• Facilitate growth by rapidly growing and adapting your B2B community without burdening internal resources and capital
  • Reduce B2B total cost of ownership by reducing the cost and increasing the reliability of B2B operations

Accelerate B2B collaboration with global customers and suppliers by leveraging our B2B expertise.

IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services Video

IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services pricing:
"Pricing is a little bit on the higher side because they give you the best support. Out of ten, I would rate pricing at seven or eight."

IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services Reviews

Associate Team Lead at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Pretty stable, works well, and allows us to monitor all B2B messages
  • "We are able to monitor all B2B messages, and we are able to see or track each message on it from an error perspective. That's a good side of it. It is working well, and we're able to do our current job."
  • "It can be now classified as a legacy system because there are no more updates. From what I know, there will be no updates for the current version, which is an issue. Therefore, we are looking for a compatible new software that we can use. We're currently researching what is there in the market. We would consider something that would give us better speed on our current processor. There is also room for improvement in terms of its scalability and GUI. It is an old system, and its scalability can be improved. Its GUI can also be more appealing."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for B2B transactions with different partners that are going into our backend system.

How has it helped my organization?

Being a manufacturing company, we are dealing with different customers and catering to different orders. EDI is very helpful for us because the ordering can be done via EDI, and the orders can be processed outright, which is a big advantage.

What is most valuable?

We are able to monitor all B2B messages, and we are able to see or track each message on it from an error perspective. That's a good side of it.

It is working well, and we're able to do our current job.

What needs improvement?

It can be now classified as a legacy system because there are no more updates. From what I know, there will be no updates for the current version, which is an issue. Therefore, we are looking for a compatible new software that we can use. We're currently researching what is there in the market. We would consider something that would give us better speed on our current processor.

There is also room for improvement in terms of its scalability and GUI. It is an old system, and its scalability can be improved. Its GUI can also be more appealing.

Business-to-Business Middleware
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, OpenText, Seeburger and others in Business-to-Business Middleware. Updated: November 2022.
655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for the last five years.

It is pretty stable. There is no problem with it.

It has been able to cater to our needs, so it has been good. However, it is an old system, and there is room for improvement in terms of its scalability.

We have seven to eight users of this solution in our company. It is being used end-to-end, from technical to mapping and then to deployment.

I haven't experienced technical support of IBM because another teammate contacts them when we have issues. Whenever we reported some issues with IBM, we got a response. It seems their technical support is doing great in terms of responding to our inquiries and sorting out the issues that we saw in the current version.

The installation on my PC is kind of easy. It progresses easily, but sometimes, there can be a problem when you're using an updated version of OS.

They chose this solution before I joined. I don't know how they chose this solution over others.

What other advice do I have?

Our backend is SAP, and it works well with that. If you are using SAP, this is a good option because there is a connector that you can use to connect to SAP. It does the job, and it can support whatever EDI you have.

I would rate IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services an eight out of ten.

Satish Mucharlla - PeerSpot reviewer
Lead Consultant at ITC Infotech
Is stable, scalable, and has best-in-class technical support
  • "They have best-in-class, quality support."
  • "They can improve APIs because they are still lagging behind in API connectivity. With non-API connectivity, they're market leaders, but API connectivity, they're still in the immature space."

What is most valuable?

They have best-in-class, quality support.

What needs improvement?

I've been using it for around seven years.

Mostly, I work with both private cloud and public cloud deployments.

I would give nine out of ten for stability.

For scalability, I would give 10 out of 10.

IBM has best-in-class support, with a rating of five out of five.

The initial setup is at a medium level of difficulty, depending on the level of expertise.

Pricing is a little bit on the higher side because they give you the best support. Out of ten, I would rate pricing at seven or eight.

What other advice do I have?

If you're in retail domain and are dealing with customers, then this is a good solution for you. Go for it so that you will have best-in-class support and best-in-class developers from the IBM side. Go with the SaaS model and not the on-premises model to get all the support.

I would rate IBM Sterling B2B Integration Services at 10 out of 10.

Download our free Business-to-Business Middleware Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, OpenText, Seeburger, and more!
Updated: November 2022