We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

BMC Remedy Asset Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BMC Remedy Asset Management is #2 ranked solution in top License Management tools and #12 ranked solution in top IT Asset Management tools. PeerSpot users give BMC Remedy Asset Management an average rating of 8 out of 10. BMC Remedy Asset Management is most commonly compared to BMC Helix Discovery: BMC Remedy Asset Management vs BMC Helix Discovery. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is BMC Remedy Asset Management?

BMC Remedy Asset Management 9 provides complete lifecycle management of your IT assets, from procurement to end-of-life, giving full visibility into ownership, deployment, state, context, and cost of ownership and operation.

Seamless integration with Remedy Service Management aligns ITAM to day-to-day business processes. Integration to the BMC Atrium CMDB enables IT assets to be managed from legacy hardware through to the public cloud and Internet of Things. BMC Remedy Asset Management combines financial, contractual, and IT data to provide complete visibility over your assets.

• Asset costing: Track depreciation over time.
  • Compliance: Software licenses management helps you avoid audit costs.
  • Contract management: Proactively identify contract infringements and purchasing opportunities.
  • Asset tracking: Know where your assets are located, who’s using them, and how many there are.
  • Effective change: Make informed decisions about IT changes.

BMC Remedy Asset Management was previously known as Remedy Asset Management.

Download the IT Asset Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

BMC Remedy Asset Management Customers

Scripps Networks

BMC Remedy Asset Management Video

BMC Remedy Asset Management Reviews

Yousef Bayari
ITSM Consultant at Bell
Key beneficial features are the peer sharing module and software asset management
  • "It has a good peer sharing module."
  • "Could be more user friendly for admins to manage."

What is our primary use case?

I currently work for a telco client, and in this particular situation, the solution is mainly used to manage the telco asset, like cell towers and nodes. I'm a contractor and ITSM consultant.

What is most valuable?

The client is mainly trying to use the asset management as a repository more than an asset management tool, and not all the features are currently being used, so it's more like CMDB. When I use it for other clients, I actually like the peer sharing module and receiving assets - those are useful features. I also like their software asset management, that's a great feature.

What needs improvement?

I think the way the Software Asset Management is designed makes it kind of complicated. It could be more user friendly for admins to manage. It would be helpful if someone who didn't have complete knowledge about the back end forms could manage this feature.

I've been using this solution for close to eight years.

The stability is good in this solution.

Scalability of the solution is quite good. There are 20 users for now and most of the assets are created using integration tools. The user only has access to update these assets in the system, in case of any changes and for creating CIUs.

The customer support is great, maybe that's because I'm with a big client. They really are very good.

The setup is straightforward, it's fine, but maintaining the compliance reports and the software library is kind of complicated. One admin would be fine for maintenance, it depends on which area of the asset management tool, but the level of knowledge and skills needs to be a little more advanced.

I believe licensing is quite costly but I don't have the figures.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest making an effort to utilize all the available features, because asset management is kind of tricky. It has the connections with other applications in your organization, such as finance, but once you have an ITSM Suite and Asset Management, it's all part of the ITSM Suite, so it's better to have it as a central asset management tool, because you need to connect it with other applications, like incidents and changes and knowledge. I would encourage anyone implementing ITSM Suite with Asset Management, not to use it just as CMBD. Try to explore the features and have it as a centralized asset management tool in your organization.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Assistant Vice President at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
An asset management solution with a useful tracking feature, but integration and deployment could be better
  • "It has some good features for tracking. They also have a cloud and a mobile access feature."
  • "Integration and deployment could be better. It could be easier and faster to integrate and deploy. It would also help if we could have a 360-degree view. It would be better if they changed it to a SaaS type of offering, which is becoming the standard."

What is our primary use case?

We're engineering partners for development. We help customers build tools, and we support the BMC program with their development. We also use some customization in Salesforce. I'm not deeply engaged on the functional level of the product.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Integration and deployment could be better. It could be easier and faster to integrate and deploy. It would also help if we could have a 360-degree view. It would be better if they changed it to a SaaS type of offering, which is becoming the standard.

I've been working with BMC Remedy Asset Management for about ten years.

BMC Remedy Asset Management has been there for a while, and it's well-adapted. It's definitely stable and reliable.

BMC Remedy Asset Management is a scalable solution.

Technical support is good. They provide both online and offline support. I keep hearing about their good service and support.

The initial setup has become easier. We can set up and deploy within two weeks, but it would be better if we could do it within a day or even within two minutes.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that this is a good and reliable solution. It's a solution that has stood the test of time. Not something new that hasn't been used extensively. Many Fortune 500 companies use it, and it's definitely a good solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give BMC Remedy Asset Management a seven.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Engineering Partner