Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Yammer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Yammer is #6 ranked solution in top Enterprise Social Software. PeerSpot users give Yammer an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Yammer is most commonly compared to Workplace by Facebook: Yammer vs Workplace by Facebook. Yammer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Social Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Yammer?

Yammer is an enterprise social network that allows employees,managers, executives, teams and different office branches to engage,collaborate and innovate over one interactive virtual network.

Yammer creates a social workplace that drives innovationthrough the sharing of ideas and business intelligence, boosts productivity inteams and projects, and encourages communication and connectivity betweenemployees, no matter where they are located.

Yammer Customers

Verizon, Rakuten,Nationwide, DHL, Westfield, Telefonica, 7-Eleven, Red Robin, Intuit, eBay,Darden, Suncorp, Tyco, Xerox, and ModCloth.

Yammer Video

Yammer Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Yammer pricing:
"I don't know about the pricing. Now that Microsoft has bought Yammer, it should be a part of our subscriptions for Office 365."

Yammer Reviews

Director at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Easy to use and comes with a good interface, but controlling the communication could be an issue
  • "The user interface and the way we can share and search information are the most valuable. It is very easy to use."
  • "The way you want to control the communication could be an issue. It depends on what kind of company you are. We are a public company, and there are some regulations that we need to comply with. Its ease of use can be an issue for a company because anybody can subscribe and use it. There are many competitors that are overlapping. Since Microsoft bought Yammer, it tends to be in the shadow. It is not put in the front from the service perspective."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for communication and collaboration on specific topics.

How has it helped my organization?

Yammer is an enterprise social software. We have it in our company for five years, but it is not well socialized. A few people in our company use it. We are using Microsoft Teams more.
It is a product that is fading away for us. We may or may not use it in the future.

What is most valuable?

The user interface and the way we can share and search information are the most valuable. It is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The way you want to control the communication could be an issue. It depends on what kind of company you are. We are a public company, and there are some regulations that we need to comply with. Its ease of use can be an issue for a company because anybody can subscribe and use it.

Enterprise Social Software
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Facebook, Salesforce and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: September 2022.
634,550 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Yammer for five years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

We didn't have to contact them for support. We had a call with them from a security standpoint to see if they can improve the way to control communication with external companies.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I don't know about the pricing. Now that Microsoft has bought Yammer, it should be a part of our subscriptions for Office 365.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution if it fits the purpose. It is a great tool, but you need to look at whether it overlaps with other tools.

I would rate Yammer a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
Download our free Enterprise Social Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Facebook, Salesforce, and more!
Updated: September 2022