IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is #11 ranked solution in top Cloud Backup tools and #13 ranked solution in best Backup and Recovery Software. PeerSpot users give Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is most commonly compared to Veeam Backup & Replication: Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows vs Veeam Backup & Replication. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 30% of all views.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Buyer's Guide

Download the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows?

What is Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows?

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is a robust, trusted data protection and recovery solution for both physical and virtual machines. This solution can be used to safeguard all kinds of machines and devices, such as desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. Veeam Agent for Windows can easily be installed on all Windows-based physical servers, workstations, desktops, and virtual machines, and works well in either a standalone or managed mode.

It is widely understood that all users should back up all stored data on a regularly scheduled basis to protect all important data. In the event of a data disaster, data can easily be restored from the backup using this solution and one would never have to experience a loss of important information. Users can implement Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows to perform regularly scheduled backups automatically, or manually, as needed. Users can choose to back up individual folders and files, designate particular computer files, or even the entire computer image.

Backups can be saved in several different locations, such as:

• Cloud Repository (Veeam Cloud Connect)
  • Backup Repository (Veeam Backup Server)
  • Network Shared Folder
  • Local Computer Drive
  • Removable Storage Device (USB, CD, DVD, etc)
  • Microsoft OneDrive

Veeam Agent for Windows users are able to:

• Create a Veeam Recovery Media file on an external hard drive, CD/DVD/BD, internal hard drive, or choose to establish an ISO file using Veeam Recovery Media on disk.
  • Create a comprehensive system image backup and securely back up chosen computer volumes or specific personal folders with files. Users have the option to store backups in a network shared folder on an external hard drive, or use the Veeam backup repository, Veeam Cloud Connect Repository, or Microsoft OneDrive.

Veeam Data restore offers two options:

• Volume-level restore: Veeam Agent is able to restore the complete content of the entire volume. The solution retrieves the data blocks pertaining to the designated volumes and copies them to the desired location. A volume can then be restored to a new location or its original location.

• File-Level Restore: Veeam Agent will use Veeam’s proprietary driver to publish backup content safely to a user's computer file system. Users can then access the content user Veeam’s Virtual Disk Driver (VDK), which is included with the solution. Users can then easily browse and copy the desired files and folders to use as desired.

Veeam Recovery Media

Veeam Agent for Windows allows users to create a complete recovery image of their computer using Veeam Recovery Media. This image contains all data necessary to run Microsoft Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) while supplying a viable option to run users’ computer systems.

Reviews From Real Users:

We use Veeam Agent for security as well as to ensure we have a backup should the server or discs fatally die. We are a small company with just one building, we want to be sure that should a server be gone we have a backup in the cloud so that we can survive.” - Director at a tech services company

“The compatibility of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows with other solutions is good. Its integration with other solutions is also good. I also find the product user-friendly.” - Business Development Manager at a tech services company.

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Customers

ContinuitySA, Landmark Information Group

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Video

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows pricing:
  • "The pricing model is based on CPU and must be declared as Microsoft or VMware licensing."
  • "We have the Community Edition and I believe we bought a license for 200 instances. Veeam Agent is mainly used for our branch offices. Those only have one or two Hyper-V servers, so it's covered with the Community Edition. Basically, it's free. I remember Veeam 7.0 or 8.0 wasn't free, but the Community Edition is."
  • Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Reviews

Technical Presales Consultant/ Engineer at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
    Flexible and stable with good technical support
    • "If you have windows machine at home and you'd like a backup, you can always download their free edition and plug in an external hard disk, and do a full backup of your laptop."
    • "Some customers have Oracle databases and Veeam does support back up of Oracle databases."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is an agent. It can be used to back up almost from Windows Servers 2008 up to Service Pack 1, up until 2019. It integrates with Veeam Backup & Replication, which can enable you to restore to the cloud or back up a cloud workload as well.

It clearly used to do image-based backups. The main reason Veeam came up with the Agent was that they were mainly focusing on virtual environments before and that was a major challenge for their existing customers. Not everyone is going with a fully virtual environment. Virtualization has many advantages, however, the virtual architecture design will remain physical if an organization's architecture is probably architected.

We had the challenge that Veeam has many VMware customers who have a Microsoft kind of infrastructure set up on VMware. They were basically using shared virtual disks and part of the limitation was that VMware was conducting snapshot full backups.

They created the Agent for these two use cases, to back up VMs that VMware cannot conduct a snapshot for, Windows VMs, and to back up physical servers that any customer would like to do so. At the end of the day, the main is that Veeam is paired with VMware.

We get more customers that want to back up and change it themselves. Veeam created this agent as a VMware-based backup of Windows operating systems.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

They have already invested a lot of R&D and mainly they're supported on most of the Windows scenarios, even the custom-tailored parts.

The solution allows for full integration. I can deploy the Agent from the backup server and manage the backups all from the backup server. Or I can use the Agent as a stand-alone and discard the backup server. In terms of restoration, I can restore the entire machine, specific file systems, application actors, et cetera.

Restoring to the cloud is pretty flexible.

Technical support is quite good.

The initial setup has improved quite a bit from version 4 to 5. You don't need to worry about downtime.

If you have windows machine at home and you'd like a backup, you can always download their free edition and plug in an external hard disk, and do a full backup of your laptop.

They just released Version 5 for Version 11 and they released some amazing features with it, such as the backup and restore snapshots features. Before the agent was only able to back up through the network. Now it's even able to back up through the SAN fabric, depending on the customer environment.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of an area where the solution is lacking in features. Overall, it's quite good, and more money is going into R&D already.

That said, there are many things they can develop for the Linux agent. The Windows agent is quite complete.

Some customers have Oracle databases and Veeam does support back up of Oracle databases. There is a specific setup in Oracle when you have the Oracle databases configured with the ASM - something related to Oracle storage back up. Veeam cannot back up or restore ASM disks as of right now. It could be something they could offer in the future.

Some customers that are in the industrial sector are using legacy systems, systems that are very old and running on Windows 2000 or Windows NT, Windows 2003, and they're physical, they're not even virtual. Veeam here is pretty weak, as Veeam supports 2008 or Service Pack 1 and above. Anything before that, the Veeam Agent for Windows will not be able to back up anything.

I don't expect Veeam to be releasing agents for older editions of operating systems. Veeam itself is a new company. On the other hand, if you go to the competition, like Veritas, you'll see that Veritas is a well-established company in the market since way back and therefore they have these agents that can back up the older versions of Windows.

I've used the solution ever since its first release, since Version 1. That has been since around 2015 or 2016 or so. It's been a few years at this point.

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
    July 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
    620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

I'm not sure about the scalability. With the agent, it should be pretty simple. You install it on each and every single server and then you back up. You can deploy it also with servers, however, the Agent will be in use on each and every single operating system which you want to back up. It can be also used for the PC environment, laptops, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

It's hard to count the number of users our clients have. There are many.

Technical support is amazing. They're quick to respond and accurate in terms of the support that's provided. You really don't worry about getting stuck in limbo. Regarding the Veeam Agent for Windows team, they're amazing. They are responsive. You don't have to wait a long time for a reply. They are very good.

The difficulty of each deployment depends on which version. They have improved the latest version, however, before, on Version 4, while the installation was straightforward, the problem was that it had a prerequisite requirement, which is the development framework on 4.7.2. This framework is not usually installed on all Windows operating systems. The problem is that it is free, and you can download it at any time and install it, however, it will require the service to be restarted and that means planned downtime.

Fortunately, they fixed that with Version 5. They changed the framework dependency to 4.5.2. so that there is no more forced downtime.

The time it takes to deploy relies on various factors, however, assuming the prerequisites are all ready, it takes about 15 minutes.

I can handle the installation myself with support from a field-certified architect so there is no downtime.

Veeam did a major revamp in their licensing schema over the past three years. A lot of changes have happened within a very short timeframe. They almost then seemed irrational at first. However, now, somehow they figured how to have a great licensing model. It's called the Veeam Universal License.

This Veeam Universal License is meant to be a portable license. Before what used to be the problem is some customers would buy Veeam for VMware in five minutes, but now they've moved to a Nutanix and their license will no longer be valid. Veeam created this license so that you can use this license for the Agent for Windows, or, if you would like for the Agent to be for Linux, or if you would like it for VMware, or the Hyper-V or Nutanix, you can use it there.

Whatever Veeam features in Veeam Availability Suite, which encompasses Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Agents for Windows, Linux, and even Unix and Solaris, if you need to buy plug-ins or you're going to need an environment for SAP HANA, they have the support for SAP on Oracle and their backups. All of that's under the Veeam Universal License. They have unified it on a licensing model which works everywhere. So that makes it a lot simpler.

The only problem is that the license comes in bundles. It's not sold individually; it comes in bundles of 10 instances. Each instance is enough for a physical server.

The pricing is moderate. The solution falls in the middle of a few different options. It's not the cheapest, however, it's not the most expensive either. Comparing it with Veritas or Commvault or Rubik or Cohesity, for example, Veeam will definitely be a lot cheaper, as it's a software that has a very straightforward licensing model. However, solutions like Acronis will always be cheaper.

I've compared the solution with various products in terms of pricing. From my experience, to compare Veeam for example, to a Commvault or Veritas, Veeam is much cheaper. However, if you compare Veeam with Acronis or these small-time vendors, Veeam is very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are a distributor, not a reseller.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. It's a great product. The only drawback is the support for the ASM disks and the support for legacy Windows operating systems.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies. It's a straightforward solution. I am mostly a Linux guy, therefore, we're not as focused on Windows. In general, it's worked like a charm. It's helped me do backups and restores and it has never failed me in that perspective, except for the ASM disk issues.

Steve Lowrey - PeerSpot reviewer
    Owner / IT operator at Fairview Schools
    Reseller
    Affordable, extremely stable, and very good for recovery tasks
    • "The solution is very affordable for small businesses."
    • "I can't think of anything that may be missing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for business continuity and backup and recovery.

How has it helped my organization?

Mostly, the solution offers very good peace of mind. We feel safe and secure and know that we are able to recover anything we need to.

What is most valuable?

I haven't had any disasters, so I haven't had to actually do a full restore.

The solution is extremely stable.

The ability to go into the virtual machine and do a file extraction has been quite useful as I have staff members and teachers that will either misplace or accidentally delete a file. They then rely on me to go get it for them. It's quite useful.

I basically just set it and forget it and use it to check my reports. If my reports look good, I don't even mess with it, I just let it do its thing. It's very hands-off.

The solution is very affordable for small businesses.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of anything that may be missing. I have basic replication and backup in place and it's doing what I want.

I've been using the solution for 2014. It's been a few years at this point. It's been about six years. I have nine virtual servers and two physical hosts that I am backing up with this.

The solution is very, very stable. It's extremely reliable. There aren't issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash and freeze. We've had it since 2015. I've updated it once, and so far, it's been working great.

I'm unsure of the scalability aspect of the solution. It fits my environment and works great. The solution is very good for smaller entities such as businesses and schools. I haven't however, tried to scale anything.

I would at a K-12 school and all students and teachers benefit from the technology.

I've had to reach out to technical support in the past. They've been great. I'd rate them ten out o ten. The couple of times I've called in, they were wonderful. They were very fast response and resolved my problem quickly.

I didn't previously use a different solution, and I also don't plan to change from this one. I have a quote with me right now that I will fire off in order to start the renewal process.

The initials setup was not complex. It was very straightforward. We didn't face any issues during the setup process.

We've found the solution to be very reasonably priced.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a Veeam customer and end-user. I don't have a business relationship with the company.

I've got a Veeam agent for Linux and I've got a Veeam agent for Microsoft Windows. I've also got Veeam Cloud Connect and backup for Office 365.

I'm using Veeam Backup Essentials for Enterprise. The two-socket edition is currently what I'm running on this site.

I tend to do an on-prem backup and then I replicate to the cloud.

I would advise other organizations to talk to your local rep to get full details on what the product can do for you. That way you can use it to its fullest capability.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. It's functioned well, saved my butt for firewall retrieval and pulling some data that was corrupted and customer service has been great.

Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
    July 2022
    620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Rudolf Kozdon - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT specialist - Monitoring and security at Operator ICT
    A very user-friendly and intuitive solution that helps maintain stability
    • "Veeam helps to create a stable environment with virtual servers."
    • "The initial setup is very straightforward."
    • "Veeam is very user-friendly and intuitive software."
    • "The solution could use some updates to minor details omitted from current reporting."

What is our primary use case?

We bought the Veeam Enterprise license for Linux and Microsoft backup for the virtual machines running on those operating systems. The reason we bought this software is that I have a lot of experience with Veeam software. When I compare Veeam with the storage manager from IBM or data protocol from HP or Exeter or some backups from Dell, Veeam is superior. I could buy these other products but Veeam is best because it is very user-friendly as well as being a very great solution.

In addition to my personal experience and opinion, when we bought this software, our virtualization software only had a standard license and it did not have a replication function. Veeam Enterprise has the replication of function. We chose this backup software because Veeam has a backup and replication center which is additional functionality that we needed.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature in Veeam is that it is a very user-friendly and intuitive software.

What needs improvement?

The only things that I can think of where Veeam can improve are in very small details. For example, there are some things that I would prefer included in reporting on backups that are currently missing. This is not a problem with the product that needs to be repaired, it is my personal use case that I hope can be addressed.

We have been using Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows for about one year.

I think that Veeam helps to create a stable environment with virtual servers. I only restart the windows server after installing Microsoft updates, not because something has become unstable. Veeam is very useful in the installation process and it is useful software. I do not have any problem with this product.

Veeam's scalability is perfect. I don't have any problems scaling if needed.

The initial setup is not complex and I find that it is very straightforward. It is also very quick. It only takes maybe three hours.

Pricing is primarily a concern for my managers and our management team.

The pricing model for Veeam has changed. I bought an older license and I thought that when I bought one CPU license for a virtual machine that I could use that license for Microsoft or VMware. Now, with the change in the licensing model, I have to choose if this license is for VMware or Microsoft before I buy a new license. It just means that users need to be somewhat more careful when choosing which license they need.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate Veeam on Microsoft Windows as a nine-out-of-ten.

What I would expect in order to make this product a ten-of-ten is that they will add some details in reporting about the backup jobs. They need to just fill this little hole in the software by adding details in the reports that are not currently included and it is really giving me everything I need as a user.

I would recommend Veeam to others who are looking into implementing it.

Wira Chinwong - PeerSpot reviewer
    Service Director at scsi co.,ltd
    Free to use, stable, and user-friendly
    • "The product is free to use. We don't have to pay for a license."
    • "If they could let you can do replication to physical servers - a backup from physical servers and a replication to physical servers - that will be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for backup purposes.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use. It's simple to navigate and it isn't over technical. It also has a very nice user interface with is very simple, especially if you compare it to other products.

The solution is extremely stable so far.

The product is free to use. We don't have to pay for a license.

Technical support has been very helpful and quick to respond.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal with we could move the data to a physical server. Right now, we can only make it move to the standby server, however, it must be the virtualization, must be the Veeam servers. I'm speaking of replication. If they could let you can do replication to physical servers - a backup from physical servers and a replication to physical servers - that will be better.

Other than that, the solution really isn't missing any functionality or features. We're quite happy with it.

We've used the solution for the past five years or so. It's been a while. I have a lot of experience with it.

The solution has proven itself to be very stable. Its performance is good and it's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so rather easily.

We have about 20 customers that are using the solution currently.

We've been in touch with technical support in the past and they have been very quick to respond to us. They are knowledgeable and helpful. We're quite happy with their level of support.

The solution is very easy to implement. It's not overly complex or difficult.

The deployment times vary. It depends on how many servers you have to deploy. For reference, one server typically takes between ten to 20 minutes to set up.

We are capable of implementing the solution to our clients if they need us to.

The solution is free. It doesn't cost us anything to use it. We don't pay any licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

We are both using the solution and implementing it for our customers.

We are using the latest version of the solution at this time.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We've been very happy with it so far.

I would definitely recommend the product to other users, companies, and organizations.

System Engineer at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
    A critical system either performs impeccably or it is a failure. This impeccable product is a success.
    • "This is a reliable system that supports Veeam backup and recovery for Windows."
    • "There really are no cons. The product simply has to maintain development to keep up with changes in the operating system."

What is our primary use case?

We are resellers for Veeam Agent and more people are buying it for Microsoft Windows. They are buying Veeam Agent for Windows as a solution for allowing and maximizing the performance of Veeam for Windows and they are also buying Veeam as a product. These agents are very popular. We sell Veeam Agent to 50% of the Windows customers looking for a backup and recovery system and we sell other products to the other 50%.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable part of Veeam from my perspective is the product's ease-of-use.

What needs improvement?

I do not think that I can be specific about certain things that Veeam needs to do to improve. They just need to continue the development to follow trends in the industry, the development of the Microsoft operating system, and incorporate new functionalities into the Veeam Agent to keep the product competitive in the market.

The situation with the Veeam Agent for Windows is pretty much the same as for the Veeam Agent for Linux. Agents use the functionality of the operating systems to keep a record of the platform in a stable state. They make a snapshot of the operating system and then can release or replace the state of the operating system to a stable state from the snapshot if it becomes unstable.

The difference in the products is just the need to follow the requirements of the OS version where it is deployed.

We have been selling Veeam for a long time so I do not know exactly, but it is about seven or eight years.

The product has to be stable to be functional and useful. It is functional and useful so it is stable.

The initial setup of Veeam Agent for Windows is as straightforward as with Veeam Agent for Linux. Both are fairly easy to set up and it does not take a long time. The deployment engine is essentially the same with both Linux and Windows.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows as either a zero or a ten. The product is either working or it is not working. When it is not working, it is not doing its job and it is a zero. All the other times when it is working, it is a ten.

It is black or white. It is very simple to rate. It is a ten virtually all of the time because it is working.

Amgad Soliman - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior System & Security Administrator at a legal firm with 51-200 employees
    Problem-free and reliable with a straightforward setup
    • "I don't have any major problems with the agent connectivity with Microsoft applications or Microsoft Azure."
    • "With the currency exchange, the solution ends up being quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily a backup and recovery software, offering data protection and disaster recovery solution for physical virtual machines, for the local virtual machines on the physical servers using the Veeam backup solution.

What is most valuable?

It works fine. I don't have any major problems with the agent connectivity with Microsoft applications or Microsoft Azure. It's working fine for the local and the cloud application for backups.

The product is stable.

I have found the solution to be scalable.

My understanding is that the initial setup was a straightforward process.

What needs improvement?

The solution could always offer a bit more.

With the currency exchange, the solution ends up being quite expensive. It would be ideal if they could make it so that it was cheaper for users in our region.

I started working with the solution about two to three years ago.

The stability is good. The solution offers good performance There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and we haven't had any problems with it at all so far.

If a company needs to scale the solution, it can do so. It's not a problem.

We have ten customers that use the solution at this time.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. We asked them two times about an issue, and they were very helpful and helped us to solve our issues. We are satisfied with the level of support they offer.

Another person on my team handles the implementation directly. I simply supervise the process. From my supervisory role, I'd say the implementation process was straightforward.

We have one person that's able to handle deployment and maintenance tasks. They are an engineer and an implementor.

We can provide implementation services to our clients.

Customers need to pay for a license for Veeam Agent for Windows. Typically, it's a yearly licensing fee.

For us here in Egypt, it's very expensive, as the dollar versus the Egyptian pound is at a high rate. When we change the currency from the dollar to the Egyptian pound, we end up with a very expensive license.

What other advice do I have?

We are solution providers.

I would recommend the solution to others. Overall, I'd rate it at an eight out of ten.

Tommy Myo Min Aung - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior System Engineer at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
    Useful for the Hyper-V environment
    • "Veeam is very useful for the Hyper-V environment."
    • "A feature I would like to see is universal restore. At the moment, restoration can only be smooth on the same hardware. Let's say you have a server and you back it up with Veeam Agent, in case it fails or crashes. If you later buy a new server because the same one isn't available on the market anymore, there's a high chance that Windows will not boot up if you restore from the Veeam backup because the hardware is now different. Acronis has the universal restore feature, so it will work with generic drivers and you can restore Windows in any dissimilar hardware. As far as I know, Veeam doesn't have this feature yet."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for protection and disaster recovery. We have Hyper-V servers in our offices and when we want to back up the host — the whole Hyper-V server, not the VMs — we use Veeam in case of power failure. That way, we don't have to reconfigure the network and everything from scratch. This is deployed on-premises, but our data centers are in different geographic locations, so you could say it's a private cloud.

What is most valuable?

Veeam is very useful for the Hyper-V environment.

What needs improvement?

A feature I would like to see is universal restore. At the moment, restoration can only be smooth on the same hardware. If you have a server and you back it up with Veeam Agent, in case it fails or crashes. If you later buy a new server because the same one isn't available on the market anymore, there's a high chance that Windows will not boot up if you restore from the Veeam backup because the hardware is now different. Acronis has the universal restore feature, so it will work with generic drivers and you can restore Windows in any dissimilar hardware. As far as I know, Veeam doesn't have this feature yet.

I have been using this solution for over a year.

This solution is very stable, there's no question about it.

We are currently using Veeam with 10 physical servers.

I have never contacted customer service. A situation has never arisen where I have needed their support.

The initial setup was straightforward and took less than 45 minutes.

I implemented this solution myself.

We have the Community Edition and I believe we bought a license for 200 instances. Veeam Agent is mainly used for our branch offices. Those only have one or two Hyper-V servers, so it's covered with the Community Edition. Basically, it's free. I remember Veeam 7.0 or 8.0 wasn't free, but the Community Edition is.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Veeam Agent for Windows a nine out of ten. I don't see any problems with it, and I would recommend it to others.

Lead Presales at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Stable, with good normal file recovery and many helpful features
    • "We found the initial setup to be quite simple."
    • "The solution lacks instant recovery."

What is our primary use case?

We have one customer that has three or four servers and those are Windows servers. We have to use the agent only.

Any laptop or desktop that is Windows can use it, as well as physical servers. We don't use this with virtual servers.

What is most valuable?

The solution works really well.

It offers all the features we need.

Normal file recovery is there and quite helpful.

You can mount the shared folder, the backup folder, in order to do the backup.

The solution is stable.

The product can scale.

We found the initial setup to be quite simple.

What needs improvement?

The solution lacks instant recovery.

Specific file and file-level backup are not there. That is the challenge.

We have a customer that has been using the solution for more than two years, and another customer that has had it for a year or more.

The solution is stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We have three or four customers that are using the solution.

Even if you have different licenses, the technical support remains the same.  We haven't had any issues with support in general.

The implementation process is straightforward. It's not overly complex or difficult.

Anyone who understands the installation just has to go through and click, click, next, done. There is not much configuration needed as everything is done on the management console.

You only need one technical person to handle the initial setup and any maintenance. We have three or four individuals who are capable.

We were able to handle the installation ourselves, in-house. We did not need a consultant or integrator to assist us.

You don't have to pay a monthly or yearly licensing fee. It's already built-in.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. I've mostly been quite happy with the product.

I would recommend this solution to other users and companies.

Download our free Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022