Microsoft OneDrive OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft OneDrive is the #8 ranked solution in top Content Collaboration Platforms. PeerSpot users give Microsoft OneDrive an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Microsoft OneDrive is most commonly compared to SharePoint: Microsoft OneDrive vs SharePoint. Microsoft OneDrive is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 14% of all views.

Download the Content Collaboration Platforms Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Microsoft OneDrive?

Microsoft OneDrive for Business gives you online storage that works seamlessly with the tools you use every day to create, communicate, and collaborate from your PC/Mac or your iOS, Android, or Windows device.

Microsoft OneDrive was previously known as MS OneDrive.

Microsoft OneDrive Customers

Chevron, Accenture, Booz Allen Hamilton, DBS, Nestle, Lowe's, MGM Resorts, Textron, MGM Resorts

Microsoft OneDrive Video

Microsoft OneDrive Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft OneDrive pricing:
"The price of Microsoft OneDrive is reasonable and compatible with competitors."

Microsoft OneDrive Reviews

Sunil Mehta - PeerSpot reviewer
Director, Customer Success at SAP
Secure data, helpful support, but more duplication file management needed
  • "The stability of Microsoft OneDrive is very good, it is reliable. There were multiple instances where I had lost my valuable data on hard drives in several other places. However, with Microsoft OneDrive, I've never lost a single file."
  • "Microsoft OneDrive could improve because it doesn't support backing up .PST files, which are Outlook data files, and email archives. This is a substantial setback when it comes to Microsoft OneDrive."

What is our primary use case?

Microsoft OneDrive is used for anything and everything I have on my laptop, I backup on it. If I'm shifting to another laptop I can restore the data on that other laptop, the data is very secured.

Sometimes we share files with each other in a very secure manner. We upload the files onto SharePoint or OneDrive, and then send the secured link to the intended recipient.

Overall the solution is used to backup data.

What is most valuable?

The main feature of Microsoft OneDrive is backing up data.

What needs improvement?

Microsoft OneDrive could improve because it doesn't support backing up .PST files, which are Outlook data files, and email archives. This is a substantial setback when it comes to Microsoft OneDrive.

There are times when there are some syncing issues. The resolution of the sync issues could be more user-friendly. When you keep on uploading on Microsoft OneDrive, there are a lot of duplicate files which keep adding. There should be some mechanism to identify the duplicate files, and then clean them up in an automated way. Microsoft OneDrive could check for the duplicate files which are exactly the same and give recommendations in terms of, which one to delete, to allow more free space. A type of cleanup function.

I have been using Microsoft OneDrive for approximately five years.

Content Collaboration Platforms
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Box, Citrix and others in Content Collaboration Platforms. Updated: November 2022.
655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of Microsoft OneDrive is very good, it is reliable. There were multiple instances where I had lost my valuable data on hard drives in several other places. However, with Microsoft OneDrive, I've never lost a single file.

The scalability of Microsoft OneDrive is not at all a challenge. I used to have 10 GB of storage every year and now, I have increased it to 100 GB because it was done very fast.

We have approximately 40,000 people using this solution in my organization, which is everyone.

I have contacted the support on one occasion.

I would rate the support of Microsoft OneDrive a five out of five.

The initial setup of Microsoft OneDrive is simple.

The price of Microsoft OneDrive is reasonable and compatible with competitors.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others using this solution is don't back up your complete laptop, identify the folders you want to back up and back up only those. Otherwise, you will fill up your storage very quickly. It consumes a lot of data during syncs and other things, be judicious with those decisions.

I rate Microsoft OneDrive a seven out of ten.

I took off three-point for my overall scoring because the solution does not backup .PST files which are important for me.

Stavros Tsakmakas - PeerSpot reviewer
Junior Middle Office Officer at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Great access to multiple devices, with stability, at an affordable price
  • "It is simple to use and it allows me to give me the opportunity to access anything I want from any device."
  • "I think it should be more user-friendly with more tutorials on the full scale of the program."

What is our primary use case?

I use it because I have to access my data with different devices. So, it actually helps me no matter where I am or which device I'm using to be able to not lose any of the files that I have. As for my personal use, I have it mostly to transfer my data and some information that I want, so I won't lose it from phone to phone, or in general, from a device that I am using.

What is most valuable?

It is simple to use and it allows me to give me the opportunity to access anything I want from any device.

What needs improvement?

I think it should be more user-friendly with more tutorials on the full scale of the program. I think there is still room for improvement and I am pretty sure they will come up with some more features in the program.

I have been using Microsoft OneDrive for the past two years.

I think it is stable and covers pretty much everything.

I think it is scalable and is good for people to use.

It is straightforward, but it still has room for improvement.

There is no licensing fee from my experience. There is a tutorial that guides you. Follow the steps that are provided and you will have no worries.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Microsoft OneDrive an eight out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Download our free Content Collaboration Platforms Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Box, Citrix, and more!
Updated: November 2022