Google Drive Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Drive Enterprise is the #8 ranked solution in top Cloud Storage tools and top Content Collaboration Platforms. PeerSpot users give Google Drive Enterprise an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Google Drive Enterprise is most commonly compared to Google Cloud Storage: Google Drive Enterprise vs Google Cloud Storage. Google Drive Enterprise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide

Download the Google Drive Enterprise Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Google Drive Enterprise?

Drive Enterprise enables you to transform how your business stores, accesses, and secures files, all without extensive change management. Drive Enterprise is a standalone offering with usage-based pricing that includes all the features of Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise was previously known as Drive Enterprise, Google Drive.

Google Drive Enterprise Customers

Journal Communications

Google Drive Enterprise Video

Google Drive Enterprise Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Google Drive Enterprise pricing:
  • "It has a yearly license."
  • "Google Drive's price is lower than competitors. I have two accounts, including one with Apple that I use to manage some pictures and contact. I use Apple Cloud for only this purpose. I use Google Drive for everything else. Compared to Google, the price of Dropbox is high and the solution isn't good."
  • "The costs could be lower, but they are reasonable for the value they provide."
  • Google Drive Enterprise Reviews

AhmedAbdelhay - PeerSpot reviewer
    Network Security Specialist at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Feature-rich, easy to use, and has ample storage for file sharing and saving
    • "For me, the most valuable feature is basically saving and sharing documents with other people outside, having something to be co-shared. When documents are large in size, it is easier to send them via email."
    • "If they would implement something for people who have been working on Google Drive for so many years, to have an upgraded version or to be upgraded to that capacity or storage, that would be fantastic."

What is our primary use case?

Google Drive Enterprise is something that I use for my personal use.

I use Google Drive Enterprise for storage.

I don't do much with it aside from saving and sharing access to certain documents or folders with other employees. That's what I've been doing for the past four years.

What is most valuable?

It's working fine for me. The storage capacity is quite good for me, and aside from that, I'm simply sharing the majority of the items I require to be saved.

It provided me with cloud storage for a number of documents that I have, as well as with some of the vendors that I work with we can share files that cannot be sent via email over Google Drive.

It has enabled some features that will assist me in continuing my work. On a personal level, it's actually fantastic.

What needs improvement?

To some extent, my usage is very limited. Perhaps my experience with it is limited to sharing and storing. There is nothing truly critical that I could share with you to have implemented or included. For the time being, Google Drive meets my needs.

Of course, having more storage capacity would improve the experience for anyone working on Google Drive.

If they would implement something for people who have been working on Google Drive for so many years, to have an upgraded version or to be upgraded to that capacity or storage, that would be fantastic. That would be extremely beneficial.

If there is even a possibility, I haven't downloaded the desktop version to see if it has the same features as the web version. But, in general, if you can set permissions on specific folders and then give people access to them, you can keep track of who is doing what. Perhaps visibility and permissions for a functionality.

In the next release, I would like to have more functionality for other users to visit my Google Drive Account.

I have been using Google Drive Enterprise for my personal use for a couple of years since I created my Gmail account.

I have been working with Google Drive Enterprise for four years.

I am not sure what version it is, but when I join or log in, to my Gmail, I'm redirected to the Google Drive page via whatever shortcut is available on my page.

Google Drive Enterprise
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Google Drive Enterprise. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    653,522 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Google Drive Enterprise is definitely a stable solution.

Google Drive Enterprise scales extremely well.

No, not until now. To be honest, I didn't have any problems that required me to contact Google technical support.

Prior to that, I had a Dropbox account through which I used to share documents. But now that I have Google Drive, I hardly ever use Dropbox.

I believe it simply facilitates better because you have more features and functionalities than Gmail.

I either use my email account, then save things to Google Drive, and then share them through that, or I use Google Docs. Because it combines multiple functionalities and features in one place, Google Drive was my go-to storage system.

The initial setup is very simple. After working on it for so many years, I haven't encountered many issues or complexities.

I was reviewing the website to see what products were available.

We are planning to implement Cisco Stealthwatch in our network in the near future, I was thinking it would be a good idea to read up on the product and see what kind of features it offers.

It is still in the budgeting stage, but it will most likely be implemented in the coming months.

Because I work in the financial sector, it is required that the majority of our resources not be shared on a cloud basis. Anything that uses the cloud, such as Azure or Amazon Cloud, is usually not allowed on our network.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate it a perfect 10. As I previously stated, I have not encountered any difficulties or technical issues with it. It met my personal requirements for capacity and sharing. From my perspective or from my personal needs, it is working well for the time being.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise a nine out of ten, allowing for some room for improvement.

Swapnil Dassi - PeerSpot reviewer
    Associate Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Reseller
    Makes it easy to share documents with the whole organization and enables us to download a document anytime and in any format
    • "It is very easy to use. Everything is available on the cloud, which is what I like the most. So, when we require a document, we can download it at any time and in any of the formats."
    • "I have sometimes observed that when the data is very huge or there are so many rules, Google Sheets documents get stuck while uploading. It keeps on loading the document and gives an error. There should be an improvement in this aspect. It should be quick. Currently, we have to wait for a long time."

What is our primary use case?

It is a shared drive. We are a reseller, and we have multiple customers. We give training, and sometimes, when customers are having any issues, we also need to troubleshoot them.

We have its latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a shared drive. It is useful for our organization for uploading documents that will be visible to all of our employees. Our HR, finance team, accounts team, and other teams use it for any important notifications or documents. They upload a document in the shared drive, and it is visible to all of the employees. Rather than sending it to everyone one by one, they just need to allow the document to be shared with the whole organization. It is convenient and easy to use.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use. Everything is available on the cloud, which is what I like the most. So, when we require a document, we can download it at any time and in any of the formats.

Multiple formats are available, and it also saves multiple versions, which makes it the best. We can just restore the previous version and download it based on our convenience and in our preferred format. These are some of the features that I like the most.

What needs improvement?

I have sometimes observed that when the data is very huge or there are so many rules, Google Sheets documents get stuck while uploading. It keeps on loading the document and gives an error. There should be an improvement in this aspect. It should be quick. Currently, we have to wait for a long time.

One of our customers was basically having this issue related to the transfer of ownership of a folder. A user had created the folder in Google Drive, and he had shared that folder with other users. Those users created subfolders in that shared folder or uploaded multiple documents and shared them with the whole team. When the person who has created the main folder left the organization, we had to help him to transfer the ownership of the Google Drive to someone else, but things got messy. It was hard to know who had shared what, and basically, the ownership was totally lost. The ownership should have been transferred properly in the exact structure for all folders and subfolders.

It should be easier to implement or deploy it on our system, rather than on the cloud. There should be some improvement so that it is easily deployed without files and folders getting messy or downloads not completing. Sometimes, the downloads don't complete, and the next day, it starts again. Sometimes, it gets corrupted or doesn't start from the beginning. So, it should be easy to deploy on a system.

There is a per-day upload or download limit. They should increase and improve that.

I have more than six years of experience in working with Google Drive Enterprise.

It is reliable.

In terms of scalability, it has a problem. There is a per-day limit for uploading or downloading. It is okay for a few KBs and GBs, but sometimes, when we have the enterprise plan and we have to upload and download 1 TB or up to 5 TB data for immediate purposes, there is a limit. It should be improved in that aspect.

Their support is great.

Its initial setup was okay. It only got complex when subfolders were created, and the folders and subfolders were further shared.

It has a yearly license.

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution. There are a few things that require improvement, but it also has some very good features.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise an eight out of 10.

Google Drive Enterprise
    November 2022
    653,522 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Senior Director at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    Easy to set up with simple file access and very reliable
    • "It's a stable product."
    • "The only thing that's really been annoying is the single file size limit."

What is our primary use case?

I usually use it for storing and organizing documents that I was using for training and stuff, which I can't use on my personal laptop, or on my office laptop. Anything which I use for my learning, if I put it on the work laptop, I can't get it out. Whatever I'm practicing on the web or anything, I usually park it there. That's one of the reasons why I don't use an app (due to company policy).

What is most valuable?

I like that I can access files from anywhere. In my case, I can't get anything out of the work laptop. That's why I park all my learning materials and personal critical documents there.

The initial setup is a breeze.

It's a stable product.

What needs improvement?

I've not reached a stage where I hit a snag and, "Oh, I wish this feature was there," or something like that. I've really not come across that so far.

I've not used the programming, the API version, to really comment on what could be simpler in that sense. The web version of it is pretty good.

The only thing that's really been annoying is the single file size limit. Apart from that, it's fine.

I'd like different storage tiers. The storage tiers are a little tricky. Up to the mid-range, it is good, and then after that, it's a huge bump. I don't really recall off the top of my head what storage is now. However, when I went for a paid subscription, I felt there was a huge gap between the two of the subscriptions, in terms of the storage. I thought I would find something in between, which would've been slightly better. That was about a year ago. I'm not sure if that has changed. At that time, when I looked at it, there were two options and my requirement was absolutely in the middle.

There might be one for 10GB and one for 100GB, and I might have needed 50GB and that wasn't an option.

When I upload something on photos and then there is something on Google Drive itself, the ability to see the photos that are uploaded as files on the drive, would be a good option to have. Accessing them on Google Drive itself could be much simpler.

I've been using the solution for three to five years.

It's very stable. I've never faced a situation where a document has gone missing or the service is not available. What they have and how they centralize the backup, it's absolutely fine.

I've never really had to go to technical support. Using technical support may apply more when you are doing an API-based or programming-based access to things. In my case, with Google Drive, I use it predominantly on an interactive basis. I've never hit any problem.

Whenever I need additional services I can pay for the paid version for the duration I need, and once I'm done, I typically unsubscribe at the end of the month. Everything is pretty simple and quite effective. If I need additional power, I usually switch to a paid Colab version and bump up the CPUs I need for the DPUs.

Everything works fine. I really never had to seek out a support person to resolve an issue.

I've also used Microsoft storage as well. I found Google is much better when it comes to searching, merging, and pulling documents. Microsoft can be inconsistent.

The solution is very straightforward and simple. it's quite easy. It's not complicated at all.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an end-user.

I usually use the web version.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

ChristopheParmentier - PeerSpot reviewer
    Security specialist at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    It's easy to manage and synchronize files across multiple devices
    • "Google Drive is much more stable compared to Dropbox. Dropbox is a catastrophic solution. I used Dropbox because I manage many files, and I lost files because the synchronization between Dropbox and my customer folder was unstable. I use Google Drive to back up my files. Google Drive is the best solution to manage the backup between my Apple computer and my personal computer."
    • "Google should also make it simpler to manage rights and access for different users. I want to share one folder with some people and another with other groups. It's not easy to manage. You have to use Google's web interface to assign rights, but IBM Box lets you permissions directly on the Windows interface."

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Drive to synchronize between computers on the cloud, but I mainly use the solution to manage some artifacts on the cloud while synchronizing on the web between two computers. I share files between different devices, like an Apple computer, iPad, Windows PC, etc. Google Drive is the best solution, in my opinion.

I use all the Google solutions, including Google Meet and Contacts to manage my contacts. I have a lot of contacts to synchronize between phones and computers. Google's tools are user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

It's not easy to make sure you have enough space on Google Drive. I have to connect to the web application to check if I need more space. I would like it if you could right-click on Google Drive locally to see the available space.

Google should also make it simpler to manage rights and access for different users. I want to share one folder with some people and another with other groups.  It's not easy to manage. You have to use Google's web interface to assign rights, but IBM Box lets you permissions directly on the Windows interface.

I would also like to synchronize my notes on my tablet with Google Drive. I don't know if it's possible to manage the synchronization between my personal account for my tablet on Google Drive. When I connect the solution to the cloud, the synchronization is costly, and the account size is small. I want to synchronize it with these types of solutions. You have a simple electronic device to write some notes on, and I want to synchronize with the cloud as a document, PDF, etc.

I've been using Google Drive for five years.

Google Drive is stable.

I also have used IBM Box, but I prefer Google Drive because it's effortless to install and manage compared to Box. We have synchronization problems sometimes using Box, but I never have this problem with Google Drive.

Google Drive is much more stable compared to Dropbox. Dropbox is a catastrophic solution. I used Dropbox because I manage many files, and I lost files because the synchronization between Dropbox and my customer folder was unstable. I use Google Drive to back up my files. Google Drive is the best solution to manage the backup between my Apple computer and my personal computer.

I've also used OneDrive, but I prefer Google Drive because it's integrated with all the other Google solutions. OneDrive creates some technical problems if you use multiple accounts. If you need to synchronize OneDrive with the two solutions, it's a nightmare to manage because Microsoft can't use two accounts on the same computer.

OneDrive's price is low, but it's not a good solution. It's a basic solution for file sharing. IBM Box's price is low, and it's a great solution, but it's geared toward professional use. I prefer Google Drive for my personal purposes.

Google Drive is simple to set up. You only need to create a Google account.

Google Drive's price is lower than competitors. I have two accounts, including one with Apple that I use to manage some pictures and contact. I use Apple Cloud for only this purpose. I use Google Drive for everything else. Compared to Google, the price of Dropbox is high and the solution isn't good.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Drive nine out of 10. It's perfect for me, but I would like more space for free for my personal usage.

Principal Analyst at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Easy to set up with simple document sharing and synchronization
    • "For me, the most important feature is the option to save the documents and then access it from anywhere from a mobile or a desktop, or any other device."
    • "I'd like some UI enhancements for an even better user experience."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for document sharing and access.

What is most valuable?

For me, the most important feature is the option to save the documents and then access it from anywhere from a mobile or a desktop, or any other device. That's the most important. Also, the synchronization options that it provides us with are great. We like the sharing options and all of that.

The initial setup is easy.

What needs improvement?

I do see some synchronization issues at times where the documents that are uploaded more recently won't show up on other devices immediately. Or sometimes it may show some corruption. Then, you may want to re-sync it if the WiFi connection is temporarily unavailable in such situations. Otherwise, it does its job pretty well.

It may not scale up to an enterprise level.

I'd like some UI enhancements for an even better user experience. That's something that I would like to see.

I've been using the solution for the last several years.

The stability has been good. There are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

It's a scalable product. I'm not sure at an enterprise level, whether it holds up. I'm not a Google Workspace user. I'm just only using it for my personal use. I'm able to handle such scenarios that work quite well. That said, at an enterprise level, how it works is hard to say.

I have experienced technical support a couple of times, however, not for the Drive. For some other product. That was, in terms of the response time, pretty good.

That said, the resolution will still depend on the complexity of the issue. They may just be passing it on to another team and then they may get back to you after their investigation. As a part of the Google One membership, if you have a subscription, then you get a proper response.

There was one issue I had where I needed to recover an account that I had, and it never let me recover. It kept throwing an error for that. I had logged a few incidents and then I don't think they resolved it. However, in most cases, it was quite smooth.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

I'm familiar with Sandbox. We mostly are users of other Google products. The integration that it has with Gmail and the other products that we use, that's something that makes it easy for personal use. For enterprise, I'm not an enterprise user for Google, so I may not be able to comment on how it would work for very large organizations.

It's a fairly simple setup. Those who are used to the basic terminologies, et cetera, shouldn't be finding it much too difficult. Those who are already in the Google ecosystem should not find it very difficult. It is pretty straightforward for basic users unless you want to use the advanced features. That shouldn't be an issue.

What other advice do I have?

I'm an end-user.

I normally use the web version.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Data analyst at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
    Excellent performance, feature rich, easy to scale, and easy to use
    • "Accessing their services is simple, user-friendly, and does not require a lot of technology."
    • "When compared to Commvault or Veeam, I'm not sure what Google Drive has to offer in terms of backing up data on the cloud or in a data center for a large organization."

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Drive Enterprise for my personal use. I back up my files, photos, and other information I have stored on my mobile device, as well as my daily tasks, or whatever is done on my computer are backed up on my drive.

What is most valuable?

Google Drive Enterprise is easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Personally, I can't say what I don't like about Google Drive Enterprise because I haven't discovered anything better.

The price could be lower.

I've been using Google Drive for personal use for nine to ten years, and I've been a premium user for the last two years.

I'm using the most recent version. I use the web version rather than the app.

Google Drive Enterprise is a stable product.

Google Drive's performance is one of my favorite features. It doesn't take long to load, and everything happens instantly.

I currently have more than 300 GB of data on my Google Drive. I don't believe that scaling would be an issue. It's easy to scale.

We have never had any issues that required assistance from technical support.

When using their web version, no setup is required. If I'm using an Android app, for example, I only need to configure my storage. In Google Drive, I have to define my storage and what I want to back up, and it backs it up ahead of time.

Because it's for personal use, I haven't had any issues with it, such as difficulty setting it up or anything like that. It's not like Veeam or a formal setup that requires many machines for that environment.

I am not using it on a large scale, it's for my personal usage only.

The licensing fees are not cheap, but when you compare it to other products and the features it provides, it's reasonable.

The costs could be lower, but they are reasonable for the value they provide.

The management in my company has just decided to switch over to cloud backup solutions, which is why I have been researching the various websites for products that are best for my use.

I am exploring, but management will review the information and make a decision. I don't know what they're going to decide, so I don't have a say in it.

What other advice do I have?

My family does not have access to the credentials, but if they needed something backed up or saved, they would just give it to me to store safely on my cloud.

For personal use, I would definitely recommend this solution.

I would rate Google Drive Enterprise a ten out of ten.

Harikrishnan  Ramamoorthy - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Lead at Netlink Software Group America Inc
    Easy to use and makes file management and file sharing easy
    • "Though I don't see a major difference between Google Drive Enterprise and other competitors, I find that the solution is easy to use. You just need to connect to it and upload files and give access to users who need access to the files. It's very easy to manage files and share files on Google Drive Enterprise, and these are its most valuable features."
    • "Security-wise, Google Drive Enterprise needs improvement. Compared to its competitor: Kiteworks, Google Drive Enterprise is less secure."

What is our primary use case?

We've been using Google Drive Enterprise internally, particularly from one developer to another, for file sharing. With it, we can upload files and share files with other users. We can also give access to users or a full company, so they can access or edit files. We can also restrict and give "view only" access, so users are only able to download and not edit the files.

What is most valuable?

Though I don't see a major difference between Google Drive Enterprise and other competitors, I find that the solution is easy to use. You just need to connect to it and upload files and give access to users who need access to the files. It's very easy to manage files and share files on Google Drive Enterprise, and these are its most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Security-wise, Google Drive Enterprise needs improvement. Compared to its competitor: Kiteworks, Google Drive Enterprise is less secure.

As for additional features that I'd like to see from Google Drive Enterprise in the future, in terms of security, it's only asking for OTP, but that's still fine. Storage-wise, storage could be increased especially if users have a large number of files to upload and users want to maintain all those files in the cloud rather than locally.

I've been using Google Drive Enterprise for three years, and I'm still using it.

Google Drive Enterprise is a stable solution. For the past three years that I've been using it, I didn't see any delay or issue when uploading or sharing files, and I also didn't experience any issues in terms of the server being down.

Google Drive Enterprise is a scalable solution. We can upload several files, but I'm unsure what the maximum file size is, for example, it could be 20 GB maximum, but I'm not sure. We can share files, but in a single upload, I'm unable to say what the limit is in terms of the file size.

We didn't get the chance to connect with the technical support for Google Drive Enterprise because we haven't faced any issues with the solution.

I have no information about the licensing or cost associated with Google Drive Enterprise.

I evaluated Kiteworks.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Google Drive Enterprise to other users. Normally the bank my company works with prefers Kiteworks, but my company suggested Google Drive for sharing and maintaining files and the bank is also okay with it.

I'm rating Google Drive Enterprise a nine out of ten versus Kiteworks which I'm rating a seven out of ten.

Research Assistant at a performing arts with 5,001-10,000 employees
    It's convenient to share documents or download shared documents
    • "I'm satisfied with the basic function. it's convenient to share documents or download shared documents you need."
    • "I had some issues with permissions at first. I have to ask for Drive permissions because I'm a new doctoral student. Sometimes I have to ask for permission because I can't access this kind of document, but recently they fixed that by adding me to their team. Now I can access any document that my department supervisors and staff share on Drive."

What is our primary use case?

I use Google Drive to share documents like meeting minutes with my doctoral supervisor and other people in my lab. I just started my doctorate, so I'm doing some literature reviews, and I have to take some notes about my supervisor's plan for four months and what we should discuss.

You can integrate Slack with Google Drive to share documents in Slack. For example, the supervisor can check the minutes and notes by clicking a link I provide in Slack. I post the notes for the article I'm reviewing, then my supervisor can check what I have read and my current profiles. Sometimes when we have seminars and presentations, the presenters will share slides on Google Drive.

What is most valuable?

I'm satisfied with the basic function. it's convenient to share documents or download shared documents you need.

What needs improvement?

I had some issues with permissions at first. I have to ask for Drive permissions because I'm a new doctoral student. Sometimes I have to ask for permission because I can't access this kind of document, but recently they fixed that by adding me to their team. Now I can access any document that my department supervisors and staff share on Drive.

I've used Google Drive off and on for three years while I was getting my master's degree. When I started my doctorate, the supervisor set up a Shared Drive for me, so I've been using Google Drive regularly from September 2021 until now.

I'm never sure if the problem is with Google Drive or my browser. Sometimes, it takes a long time loading, but I'm not sure we should blame Google Drive. Browsers react differently. I open Google Drive in Safari and sometimes the "Back" button doesn't function well, especially when logging in.

I think Google Drive is easy to scale, but I have a student account with limited storage, so I have to file a request to my department if I want to scale. But students don't upload large documents to Google Drive or store lots of pictures and videos.

I'm Chinese, so I used some Chinese products that have a similar function, but sharing in Google Drive is more convenient. I think it works for a multidisciplinary team.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Drive eight out of 10. I would give it a higher rating, but it's not stable on my Safari browser. When I do something, I want to finish it very quickly, but Google Drive loads slowly in Safari.

Google
    Download our free Google Drive Enterprise Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022