We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Micro Focus Operations Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Operations Manager is #6 ranked solution in top Event Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus Operations Manager an average rating of 8 out of 10. Micro Focus Operations Manager is most commonly compared to Operations Bridge: Micro Focus Operations Manager vs Operations Bridge. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Micro Focus Operations Manager?

Micro Focus Operations Manager is infrastructure monitoring software that proactively performs root cause analysis to help you reduce the time to repair and the cost of operations management.

Micro Focus Operations Manager was previously known as HPE Operations Manager.

Download the Event Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Micro Focus Operations Manager Customers

MTS India

Micro Focus Operations Manager Video

Micro Focus Operations Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus Operations Manager pricing:
"The cost is very high."

Micro Focus Operations Manager Reviews

Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Seamless monitoring of both Windows and Unix servers, with a helpful application topology
  • "You can create an application topology that shows relationships between different components."
  • "The initial setup of this tool is complex for people who lack experience with it."

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used for centralized infrastructure and application monitoring. It will take monitoring data from other tools and contribute to the central repository. Sometimes it is integrated with the service desk to create incidents when something goes wrong.

I have used versions of this product for Windows and Linux, and they are slightly different.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the seamless monitoring of both Windows and Unix servers.

What needs improvement?

The advancement of this solution seems to have stalled. These types of products have a long history and it may be best to create a brand new application, from scratch. It is difficult to suggest significant improvements.

It would be great to improve the automatic discovery of application topology.

I have been using Micro Focus Operations Manager for more than six years.

We have had no issues with respect to stability.

Scalability has been good enough for our needs.

I have been in contact with Micro Focus support a few times and I would rate them a four out of five. Sometimes, they took to long to solve problems. The response time was always good, but it was the time it took to actually resolve the issue that was slow in some cases.

The initial setup is complex. It is not easy to understand how to correctly implement it for the first time. Subsequent implementations were much easier because we had some experience. You have to understand what you want to monitor before you start with the implementation, and a technical person is required.

The deployment takes approximately three to five months for a medium-sized implementation.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I would recommend.

Operations Leader - Global Automation at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to install, stable, and you can control everything at the console level
  • "It's a very good product overall."
  • "The pricing could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for incident management, and event automation.

How has it helped my organization?

In Micro Focus OBM, everything was controlled at the node level and now everything can be controlled at the console level.

What is most valuable?

It's a very good product overall.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be improved.

I have been using Micro Focus Operations Manager for ten years.

We are using the latest version.

It's very stable.

It's a scalable solution.

We have approximately 45,000 users in our organization.

We are only working with two products, one is Micro Focus Operations Manager, and the other is Orchestration, that we are trying.

It's very easy to install.

We have a team of 15 members to deploy, maintain, and support this solution.

The cost is very high.

What other advice do I have?

We plan to continue using this solution. We are already working on a new project using Micro Focus and I recommend it for other users.

I would rate Micro Focus Operations Manager a nine out of ten.