KnowBe4 OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

KnowBe4 is the #2 ranked solution in top Security Awareness Training providers. PeerSpot users give KnowBe4 an average rating of 9.6 out of 10. KnowBe4 is most commonly compared to Proofpoint Email Protection: KnowBe4 vs Proofpoint Email Protection. KnowBe4 is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 15% of all views.
KnowBe4 Buyer's Guide

Download the KnowBe4 Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is KnowBe4?

Old school Security Awareness Training is static. It’s a one-time event without follow-up. KnowBe4's Kevin Mitnick Security Awareness Training starts with a baseline test to show the actual Phish-prone percentage of your users. Then it steps users through effective, interactive, on-demand browser-based training. As step three, you send frequent simulated phishing attacks to your employees to reinforce the training. This last feature, frequent simulated phishing attacks (we recommend at the very least once a month) really creates a change in behavior.

KnowBe4 Customers
West Aurora Public School District 129
KnowBe4 Video

KnowBe4 Pricing Advice

What users are saying about KnowBe4 pricing:
  • "I don't know the cost, but I believe we are paying yearly. We did like a three-year or five-year contract. I am not aware of any extra costs in addition to a standard licensing fee."
  • "Licensing is paid on a yearly basis. You can go to the official site to check their approximate pricing. It's based on the number of users or staff. It can vary from country to country, but for Ukraine, it works as it's stated on the site."
  • KnowBe4 Reviews

Network Security Administrator at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
    A straightforward and stable solution that provides an overall report card and is helpful in reducing the risk score
    • "The main thing is the overall report card. We get to tell the percentages of users who click on links and who don't click on links. We also get an overall score or risk score from them, which also helps us."
    • "It can be more interactive with users. We want to put the users in different scenarios and let them make decisions. For example, instead of making users go through a video and then asking questions, it can have a video where they click on the scenarios and have to make decisions. It can maybe have something like a live simulation. It would be nice for users."

What is our primary use case?

Because of COVID, a lot of our training this year is done through Knowbe4. We've been using it a lot for training, especially for remote users. We not only have security training; we also have done some COVID training through it.

How has it helped my organization?

We brought our risk score down from about 20 to 15. Initially, the end users would click on a link, but now they call our IT departments if they're not sure of a link. They pick up the phone and call our help desk, which is actually very helpful.

What is most valuable?

The main thing is the overall report card. We get to tell the percentages of users who click on links and who don't click on links. We also get an overall score or risk score from them, which also helps us.

What needs improvement?

CybeReady vs. KnowBe4
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about CybeReady vs. KnowBe4 and other solutions. Updated: November 2022.
    657,397 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have had this solution for probably two or three years.

On a scale of one to ten, I would probably give it an eight or a nine. It is viewed as a very stable product.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give it an eight for scalability. It does not have an easy way to sync your users and pull emails together. So, it is a little time consuming when you don't keep up with entering emails.

We probably have 4 to 500 users, and they range from being school teachers to executive members. We are a school, so we have everyone and all the departments as the users of this solution.

Initially, we contacted them so that we can get set up. We had to reconfigure for all the users, but besides that, we never really needed any technical support. On a scale of one to ten, I would give them a nine. It was straightforward. They got straight to work, and they got it done.

I don't believe we did. We had in-house manual training.

I don't know because this was installed before I started working there.

I believe it was done through a consultant.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is that users may feel they know everything, but they don't know everything at the same time.

I would rate KnowBe4 a nine out of ten. It is pretty much straightforward, and you get what you pay for.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Denys Zalevskyi - PeerSpot reviewer
    Owner at Ekforce LLC
    An integrated platform for security awareness training with many valuable features
    • "There are many valuable features. It's already deployed in the cloud, and you don't have to install anything. You just upload your users to the cloud and tweak something if needed. You can whitelist some servers to work with this properly. When everything is ready, you can start using the platform and its many automated features."
    • "It could be more localized for Ukrainian users. This platform is international, and it has a lot of material in different languages, but not in Ukrainian and Russian languages. There's plenty of different content updated regularly for English, French, and German users. They have a lot more information, and Ukrainian users also want more."

What is our primary use case?

I use KnowBe4 for training. I educate company staff, and as a partner of KnowBe4, I sell the subscription. I basically use some educational videos, interaction modules, and testing. Sometimes I test them with simulated phishing attacks.

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable features. It's already deployed in the cloud, and you don't have to install anything. You just upload your users to the cloud and tweak something if needed. You can whitelist some servers to work with this properly. When everything is ready, you can start using the platform and its many automated features. It has a lot of best practices to educate people. It's interesting and interactive.

What needs improvement?

It could be more localized for Ukrainian users. This platform is international, and it has a lot of material in different languages, but not in Ukrainian and Russian languages. There's plenty of different content updated regularly for English, French, and German users. They have a lot more information, and Ukrainian users also want more.

The platform is divided into two separate parts, the administrator part, and the user part. The user part is localized and is available in Ukrainian, and there's no problem using it knowing only one language. But administrative parts used by cybersecurity specialists demand English knowledge. They also have few problems with the interface. It's rather user-friendly, but it's about the quantity of localized content.

I know that they are working on artificial intelligence. I think it can be useful if AI could be used to select some modules for a more automated educational process.

I'm a KnowBe4 partner, and I have been working with them for a while.

KnowBe4 is rather stable except for that very rare situation when it's not.

KnowBe4 is a scalable solution. I know companies with over 5000 users, and it's not a problem for them to use this platform.

There is a huge knowledge base, and they are very quick to support. Technical support is also provided at a very high level.

The initial setup is very straightforward. You only upload user emails, whitelist addresses, and there is this very quick integration with Microsoft products. Detailed instructions support everything. You can start using it in about one hour.

Licensing is paid on a yearly basis. You can go to the official site to check their approximate pricing. It's based on the number of users or staff. It can vary from country to country, but for Ukraine, it works as it's stated on the site.

There are four subscription levels, and the description tells you which level contains which feature. There are some features, but they are all bundled in subscription levels.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give KnowBe4 a ten.