IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

HPE ProLiant DL Servers OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE ProLiant DL Servers is #1 ranked solution in top Rack Servers. PeerSpot users give HPE ProLiant DL Servers an average rating of 8 out of 10. HPE ProLiant DL Servers is most commonly compared to Dell PowerEdge Rack Servers: HPE ProLiant DL Servers vs Dell PowerEdge Rack Servers. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is HPE ProLiant DL Servers?
ProLiant Servers provide a complete infrastructure that support both your business objectives and your business growth.

HPE ProLiant DL Servers was previously known as HP ProLiant DL series, HP ProLiant DL.

HPE ProLiant DL Servers Buyer's Guide

Download the HPE ProLiant DL Servers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

HPE ProLiant DL Servers Customers
AmeriPride Services, iSource, Bolagsverket, BlueShore Financial, British Columbia Assessment Authority, National Stock Exchange, Cardlytics
HPE ProLiant DL Servers Video

HPE ProLiant DL Servers Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE ProLiant DL Servers pricing:
  • "We did not need to pay for a license for the use of HP DL servers, just for normal hardcore support."
  • "Proliant DL Servers have a reasonable cost. They are not as expensive as the Cisco servers. Everything is included when you purchase a server. You just have to install and configure it."
  • "I like the price of this product and the add-on components. It is cheaper than Dell and is a one-time hardware purchase with minimal ongoing costs."
  • "We have purchased this solution and it is under warranty."
  • HPE ProLiant DL Servers Reviews

System Administrator at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Allows you to easily expand on the capacity, especially when more memory is needed
    • "Where there is a need to actually expand on the capacity, it's easily done, especially when more memory is needed."
    • "There is a challenge sometimes with having quick access to some of these components when you need them. It takes a lot of time to get spare parts from genuine sellers."

What is our primary use case?

We use the servers to run our student information system. It's an accounting package within the bursary of the university.

We are currently on generation 8 or 9. The solution is hardware, so it's deployed on-prem.

Apart from users, there are five people that interact with the hardware directly. There are others who interact with the services that run from these servers. It's a school environment, so there are about 30,000 or more students and staff.

Previously, when we were using Zimbra for email services, it was run locally. We have stopped using that because we subscribe to Microsoft Office 360 email services, which run from the cloud. That has been taken off the servers.

Now that other applications are being developed, we hope to eventually be able to cater for the different administrative and academic departments in the university. We are hoping that some of this hardware will definitely have to be replaced. Of course, that will depend on the budget and the availability of funds that the university management is willing to make available. But it's going to be a step-by-step thing. There has to be planning and then budgetary provisions to be able to take care of these items.

We are just customers. We don't have a direct link with HPE, but through the HPE product suppliers. We have a new direct now, and in one of the meetings we had, he came up with the idea of finding a way to having that direct contact with HPE or Synergy and how perhaps we could patronize each other in terms of the servers, in terms of PCs for staff and students, and the kind of technical support that we can equally enjoy from HPE.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We have been experiencing a problem with the power pack. It gets fried and then we have to do a replacement.

There is a challenge sometimes with having quick access to some of these components when you need them. It takes a lot of time to get spare parts from genuine sellers.

You need the memories for servers. They're delivered. You put them in, and the system doesn't come up, so you have to return them. For me, that has been the major challenge.

In the day-to-day running, there's always room for improvement. If you need assistance in real time, it would be helpful if there was such a room where someone could be there and help you solve the problem in real time.

The number of people you are serving is increasing by the day, and they need immediate solutions to their issues. Sometimes you have limitations as to getting solutions to some of these issues that come up, but you are dependent on the information available to you. Being the product manufacturers also, I'm sure they have a lot of solutions to the different issues depending on the feedback they've been able to get from the field all across the world, especially those using their products. I think that would go a long way in helping.

I have been using this solution for more than 10 years.

The main challenge we actually have is the issue of having a good, steady power supply. Whenever there's a power outage, it forces the server to go down. That in itself increases the rate of failure of the hardware. By implication, the services that have been provided are truncated at one point or the other. Management has promised to see how they can intervene in that respect, but that is left to be seen.

The scalability is fine for the limited number of services and the need to actually scale. Because of this same power issue, I had to virtualize where we have to run different services on the same hardware server. That is where the issue of expanding the memory capacity came in.

In terms of the processor, we have not been able to do that. The reason is because you send for a part, it is brought in, you plug it in, and then there's a mismatch. Then the system doesn't run well. You have to return it. But I think it will expand our memory and expand the storage. We haven't been able to expand or increase the processing and the processor capacity. But we would be glad to have any other information we need to know or other skills that we need to learn to allow us to manage this equipment better and to maximize or to optimize their usage, that would be good enough.

Technical support has been okay regarding looking for solutions on the internet. When you have certain challenges and make a post in the forum seeking an immediate solution, it all depends on who gets those queries and is able to respond. In most cases, we have been able to get the solutions from the past experience of others who have had similar issues that have been put in the repository.

On the whole, I think it's good enough even though we haven't been able to directly chat one-on-one or about issues.

It can only get difficult depending on what application or operating system you want to install. Then it all depends on how good or how skillful one is with the particular application. But the installation and configuration is never a problem. There has never been a problem with the hardware that I can say, apart from the issues I have already mentioned.

We have different people for different specific assignments. For each team, we have a good number of people. We are thinking of expanding because the university is a multi-campus university, and it has about four campuses, even though the whole thing is being centrally run. We are thinking of having these services run 24/7, and then we would need to have more hands so no one is overwhelmed with the work on ground. Currently, for those manning the server, we have about five people.

Implementation was completed by our own technical team from within the ICT directorate.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

IT systems consultant at GrupoTTA
    Built-in software management and redundancy for solid stability
    • "HPE's iLO server management software is a handy tool to install and deploy."
    • "It would be great if HP could use a ProLiant Server to run HP-UX, the Unix build from HPE. Right now, HP-UX cannot run on the ProLiant architecture."

What is our primary use case?

With HPE ProLiant, you can run a Windows operating system or a Linux OS based on Intel architecture. We also use several applications like iLO to manage the servers within the architecture of our serverless AMD processors.

Alternatively, you can use another monitoring solution like HP OneView to manage ProLiant Servers. It's a product for monitoring and managing the servers. In addition to monitoring software, ProLiant can be managed with a cloud-based solution. For example, HP's cloud-based InfoSight solution lets you monitor your server and storage, including ProLiant and Intel.

ProLiant can be mounted in different types of server racks, like a CD or tower. The tower solution of ProLiant is for a small site or office. With this type of tower server, you can add a kit as well. ProLiant has several servers: 150, 350, 380. And there is another ProLiant architecture that you can install in a Synergy and BladeSystem enclosure.

What is most valuable?

HPE's iLO server management software is a handy tool to install and deploy. OneView is also suitable for management, but you need a license for it. You can use OneView's monitoring features for free, but you need to pay for management capabilities. In the latest generation, Gen10, you have to add a license for iLO. In addition, generation 10 requires an ISO license to use iLO for management. And if you're working with Synergy, there is another new product like SimpliVity. SimpliVity has a helpful product that is based on ProLiant and another type of architecture similar to Apollo.

What needs improvement?

It would be great if HP could use a ProLiant Server to run HP-UX, the Unix build from HPE. Right now, HP-UX cannot run on the ProLiant architecture. So if HP made HP-UX compatible with ProLiant Servers, it would be pretty helpful. On the other hand, Linux is also replacing HP-UX, so maybe HP doesn't need to integrate this architecture into ProLiant.

If you look at ProLiant's trajectory, I think the next generation will be focused on adding memory. Currently, there is a gap in the memory technology, so I'm predicting that the internal disk for the next generation of ProLiant will be RAM only. I believe this high-speed disk will be available in the next generation. I think the disk will be integrated into the RAM architecture.

With the improved RAM architecture, the disk will be faster than the first-class disk because there are other protocols between memory and disk. If you have your disk, you look at the disk in terms of the motherboard. If you add to the processor, it would be faster. All disks in this architecture will be in the solution's memory.

I've been working with ProLiant for almost 10 years. And two or three months ago, I implemented several ProLiant Servers running Windows. It was a very short project — a  small solution for a small customer. The majority of my experience has been with HPE servers like ProLiant and Integrity. I've been working with HPE products for about 18 years, including HPE infrastructure, storage, and servers products. So I've been working with HPE since my first job after I graduated.

ProLiant Servers are stable because they have redundant elements built in.

I would say ProLiant Servers are scalable, but it also depends on the architecture. You can scale up with Synergy. For example, you can add two servers into one node. So if it's part of the cluster, it also depends on the operating system that's running.

When our customers deploy a ProLiant server, we're usually the ones providing support. We have a three-year contract for hardware and software support. The procedure for escalating to HP is pretty straightforward. You contact an HP call center then they verify your system handle or serial. If the server has an active contract, the response from the engineer depends on the conditions of the contract. Some contracts are six hours. That means they're going to solve your problem in six hours.

Installing ProLiant is straightforward. There are different ways you can deploy. You can deploy it locally using the graphical user interface, or you also have the option to set it up using a shell. You only need some basic knowledge to install ProLiant. The procedure is pretty similar to setting up a PC or a laptop. ProLiant has an array of tools, so you can easily install the servers without any experience. The installer has a simple Windows-based GUI, so you just click through the wizard and provide some information to the servers.

You don't need a deep understanding of the architecture. If you have a fundamental knowledge of operating systems like Windows, you can handle this with no problem. Also, HP has a lot of information available online, including video tutorials on installing your ProLiant Servers. HP has several channels to provide information for customers and engineers.

The time needed to deploy depends on the scale and your environment. If you want to deploy just one ProLiant server, it takes maybe 30 minutes. If you're going to deploy a Synergy of BladeSystem with different modules inside, you might need to spend an entire workday on it. Maybe it takes a day to install all your servers or maybe less. But installing a single ProLiant rack-based server can be done in 30 minutes, including installing the operating system. Installing the operating system, updating your system, etc., will take maybe 30 or 40 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

10 out of 10. The latest generation is the best, but Generation 6 was very stable. It was a good one. Now Generation 10 is the best. I don't know why they took so long to upgrade this generation. Still, Generation 10 has improved a lot in memory and processing, so you can operate in an environment that supports ProLiant. That's why I think HP-UX will disappear because Linux can run this environment on the ProLiant architecture very well.

For example, the range of velocity and processor speed is four or five times greater than before. You can run every Linux environment, which can replace the Unix environment. You can run this Linux environment inside the ProLiant and get the same service as a Unix environment. That's why Linux and ProLiant run very well.

HPE ProLiant DL Servers
    May 2022
    Learn what your peers think about HPE ProLiant DL Servers. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2022.
    597,291 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Administrative Assistant at a government with 10,001+ employees
    Smooth sailing, stable, and solid service with these servers
    • "We get good performance with HPE ProLiant DL Servers. They are really stable. We run all our applications smoothly. We have no problem at all."
    • "In terms of what could be improved, if I could have faster processors with less cores, that would be good."

What is our primary use case?

We use VMware for the authorization and 3D rendering for AutoCAD for architecture projects. We run several databases on websites and so on - so normal activity.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

In terms of what could be improved, if I could have faster processors with less cores, that would be good. I know that they have a new series with AMD processors, but I have currently no access to them. This would be nice, because we need faster processors for rendering. It is more interesting than having a lot of cores. Overall, I do not see any particular improvement needed, because I think that they are already at the edge and ahead of the competition.

In the next release, I would like to see to more power, because the next generation will always require more computing power, but I'm sure that they are already doing their best for this.

They have a management solution, HPE OneView, but I didn't implement it because at the beginning it can be a bit difficult and we only have a small set of servers. So it was too much work for not enough return. So it could be simplified with better results to have a better return with this.

We are using ProLiant DL380 Gen10 and Gen9 servers.

Because I belong to a small service and we are obliged to use big contracts directly from the European Commission, these were the servers that were in that contract. At the beginning it was not my choice to use HPE, because we were working with IBM, and I was really happy with those servers. But I see that HPE servers are really nice also, and we have had a really good experience with them, so I'm happy with them, too.

HPE ProLiant DL Servers is terribly stable. We have no down-time.

Thanks to VMware, we can always add more virtual machines and then a new server if we need to have more. Because we have big processors and a lot of memory, we have a SAN also, so it's really scalable in that way, but it's not related to HPE. Any server could be scalable in that kind of structural combination with VMware and so on. So it's not related to HPE by itself.

We have not had any issues with HPE technical support. I had a problem with a tape backup, and they reacted immediately, and the next day it all was up and running normally. So I'm really happy with the after-sale service.

We previously used IBM. But I have not touched IBM in years, so I don't know how they compete, and they sold their servers to Lenovo, so I don't know how it evolved. But I'm really happy with HPE now.

At the beginning, the initial setup was a bit difficult because there was a learning curve, but now it's easy and with HPE it is really easy to update the servers. We don't have a lot of servers. We are a small service and we have only five to six servers, but a lot of virtual machines, and it is really easy to upgrade the servers. In combination with VMware you can move your machine, so you have no interruption in the service. It's really easy to do. It can all be done remotely thanks to iLO, so you have a good management. iLO processor is a bit slow. though, it could be faster.

The street price is probably really expensive, but at the Commission, we benefit from a good rebate, so we have a good price. I don't know the price of the competition because it is in a contract. I didn't compare. When I look for some parts, I see that it could be really expensive to have the same servers that we have.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I would give HPE ProLiant DL Servers an eight.

Software Engineer at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
    Good for our regular server needs but has no scalability
    • "We have had no issues with the stability of the product."
    • "HPE ProLiant DL Servers are not scalable."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for normal server purposes, for the running of Windows 2016 or 2019. We also use it for custom network monitoring applications, so we may monitor some of our infrastructure. I would not consider the product to be very specific, as the application is dependent on the HP server. We can post it on any server.

What is most valuable?

While there is nothing specific that I like about HP server products, they are stable, as much so as Dell EMC.

What needs improvement?

HPE ProLiant DL Servers lack scalability.

We have been using HPE and Dell EMC service products for two years.

We have had no issues with the stability of the product.

HPE ProLiant DL Servers are not scalable. There will be no dependency between the other servers, should we need to scale. Unlike VxRail, it will be completely isolated, the solutions being capable of being scaled up to 64 nodes. It is a pay-as-you-grow solution, which is the one that we are moving on from now.

We have not had occasion to make direct use of HPE technical support, although we we are in regular contact with the contractor who's providing the software running on the HPE. I do not recall any issue involving the hardware.

While the product was delivered by a single contractor, the installation time was that of any other typical server. This only consisted of configuring the ILO, followed by putting on the operating system. That is all. Up to a certain operating level, the configuration of the product would not be a matter of days.

As the business services we provide are of a confidential nature, both for government and military purposes, we deploy strictly on-premises.

The HPE and Dell EMC service products we are using were delivered by the vendor as part of one specific project and it is not up to us to advise which hardware will be provided. Yet, we always take advantage of any internal projects that we have.

We did not need to pay for a license for the use of HPE DL Servers, just for normal hardcore support.

In addition to HPE server products, we also evaluated Dell EMC and found the two to be equally stable, although the former does not have a strong presence in Qatar. This said, we evaluated Dell EMC VxRail and Cisco HyperFlex for their virtualization player or hyper-converged player capabilities, but did not consider HP for these features.

Due to Dell EMC's strong presence in Qatar, I would recommend use of this product over that of HPE. This does not owe itself to any technical issues, only that Dell EMC has a stronger presence. Of course, the level of support is an important feature for the end-user.

What other advice do I have?

The kind of servers or HPE products we are using with those of ProLiant DL are DL390, 380, gen 10 and HPDL. We are utilizing gen 10 as our latest version of DL servers.

We utilize a total of six HPE Servers, strictly as a monitoring tool. The NOC membership comprises only 10 people.

As I mentioned, HPE ProLiant DL Servers came as part of a project. We will continue to use it for as long as we continue to renew the contract for the solution that is provided by the contractor.

Joel Masocha - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Manager at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
    Strong, easy to manage and monitor, and have very few failures
    • "This is all I've ever used. These servers are strong, and they have very few failures on them. They are also easy to manage and monitor."
    • "They are pretty solid servers, but, just like all servers, they become obsolete after some time. They can maybe provide a console to monitor the health of the servers. There should be some kind of console to which you can log in to remotely check on the health of a server, even when the server is off. The servers that we have are only scalable to some extent. They have got a limited amount of hard drive that you can insert. Their scalability should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We have installed VMware on DL Server, and the operating system sits on this DL Server host.

What is most valuable?

This is all I've ever used. These servers are strong, and they have very few failures on them. They are also easy to manage and monitor.

What needs improvement?

They can maybe provide a console to monitor the health of the servers. There should be some kind of console to which you can log in to remotely check on the health of a server, even when the server is off.

The servers that we have are only scalable to some extent. They have got a limited amount of hard drive that you can insert. Their scalability should be improved.

I have been using this solution for more than ten years.

They are pretty stable servers. The hardware failures are very minor. We do have one or two hardware failures but very far spaced. The major failures are mostly operating system failures, but on the hardware, they have been working pretty well.

They are scalable to some extent. For instance, you can only put a specific amount of hard drive on the base. You can insert the hard drives of a limited size, which makes them not very scalable. This could be dependent on the servers that you have. There are probably models that are more scalable than what we have.

We have about 200 people on the site, and they use it on a daily basis.

We have not contacted them. We didn't have any major issues to escalate. The few issues that we had were easily resolvable. You can also use online support to check. There are quite a number of people using these servers. You can share problems and get some advice from someone who has faced the same problem before.

We will be switching to a combination of Cisco and Dell EMC. For computation, it will be Cisco, and for storage, it will be Dell EMC. The main reason for this switch is group policy. The group has decided that we move from HP and use Cisco with EMC Storage.

The initial setup is a simple process. The old ones used to have a CD that would guide you through the process. Newer ones should also have a system where you go step-by-step and install your operating system and configure it.

I deployed it myself. I got servers from a company and then installed and configured them. All servers were not deployed at once. I deployed just one server at a time. Typically, deploying a server, including the operating system and everything else, takes less than two hours. I also do the maintenance.

Proliant DL Servers have a reasonable cost. They are not as expensive as the Cisco servers. Everything is included when you purchase a server. You just have to install and configure it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend these servers. I would rate HPE ProLiant DL Servers a nine out of ten.

Technical Manager at Hi-Impact Consultancy
    Reliable and affordable servers with many add-on components available
    • "In regards to the components that you can put into the servers, I feel that HP provides a wider variety of parts in comparison to Dell. For example, there is the ILO which is a network cable that goes into the server and reports back with an abundance of information about the server, even when it is off."
    • "On the software side, I would like for the management of the server overall (including reviewing its health) to be a bit easier. Right now, we have something that sits on the server to make sure all hardware drivers and other thing are up to date. This is a pain to set up."

What is our primary use case?

I am a technical manager and have technicians who go out to schools and look at their network. We have two servers that are linked to a SAN and run virtual servers to form a cluster. This is done so that the servers will always stay on even if one of them goes off.

What is most valuable?

In regards to the components that you can put into the servers, I feel that HP provides a wider variety of parts in comparison to Dell. For example, there is the ILO which is a network cable that goes into the server and reports back with an abundance of information about the server, even when it is off.

What needs improvement?

I do not believe that improvements need to be made on the hardware side.

We have been using this solution for a couple of years.

I like the stability. There are rarely any issues with the servers.

This is a scalable solution and I am able to put as much RAM in as I want.

We have not needed to contact support as most issues are able to be resolved by our in-house team and have yet to be severe enough to need to contact support.

The initial setup was not complex and took about half a day for one technician to set up. We have one technician who looks after the servers, but there is not much that needs to be done to them in regards to maintenance. Over holiday breaks we perform maintenance checks to ensure that everything is working properly.

We bought the server and desired bits and then had an in-house hardware technician come and put in the bits and install the service software on it through the ILO.

We are able to get a few years out of the servers.

I like the price of this product and the add-on components. It is cheaper than Dell and is a one-time hardware purchase with minimal ongoing costs.

What other advice do I have?

It is important to note that on some of the servers, you can only insert 2.5 inch drives, so, maximizing the SSDs may be a bit expensive.

Other than that, I would advise working with HP because they have reliable products that rarely have any issues and, when there are issues, they are easily resolvable by us. In the rare event that we cannot fix it, we are able to make returns at no additional costs.

Overall, I would rate the DL Servers a nine out of ten.

RamaswamyK - PeerSpot reviewer
    M. I. S. Manager at Ruby Mills Ltd
    Easy to upgrade but not very stable and the installation is complex
    • "It's easy to upgrade, and it is very easy to take care of the firmware upgrades."
    • "The implementation should be simplified, it is not straightforward."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the 12 VMs we have on it. We are using VMware.

What is most valuable?

It's very useful.

It's easy to upgrade, and it is very easy to take care of the firmware upgrades.

With a complete bootable CD, we can do the upgrades quite remotely and pretty easily.

What needs improvement?

A black mark that we felt with HPE is that it failed within four to six months of use, even after it was addressed with HPE.

The implementation should be simplified, it is not straightforward.

The product should be better tested before they send it to the end-user.

The stability needs improvement.

Support could be improved to be faster in responding.

We just purchased HPE ProLiant DL Servers six months ago.

We are using the latest version.

At this point in time, I would not say that it is a very stable product, because of the bad experience that we had.

It is scalable to a certain extent. Not very much, but at least 20% scalable.

We have 300 users in our organization.

We contacted technical support for the issues that we were facing.

I found them to be quite slow in their response.

We could put up with the delay because it had just been brought in, and the applications were being transferred.

In fairness, it could have been because of the COVID issue. But I found them to be pretty slow.

Previously we were using Dell, and we switched from Dell to HPE.

We have been very dedicated users of Dell and never had any issues with them. Unfortunately, we had to switch to HPE for a specific reason.

We switched from Dell because of some specific requirements that could not be met with Dell. Also, we switched because of some financial issues. Dell was more expensive and we couldn't afford it at that time.

It wasn't straightforward.

We had some issues with some failures initially. Though it was taken care of by HPE, we still had some failures, which was surprising.

We have a team of ten admins, engineers, managers, and data entry guys to maintain and deploy this solution.

We had the help of the HPE service providers.

We have purchased this solution and it is under warranty. It is more economical than some other products.

What other advice do I have?

We will continue to use this solution, as we have purchased it and can't afford to just throw it away. If we continue to have further issues, we will consider changing it over.

With my current experience, I could not recommend this product to others.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Telecommunication Department Head at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Stable with an easy initial setup and good scalability
    • "The pricing of the product is fair and not too expensive."
    • "The technical support is pretty good, however, they could be a bit faster and more responsive."

What is our primary use case?

The main use for the last order was for the applications and other items around an electronic fencing system.

What is most valuable?

The initial setup is very easy.

The solution scales well.

The pricing of the product is fair and not too expensive.

The product is very stable.

What needs improvement?

The solution is pretty complete, for what I have seen over the past three years. I can't recall if I've felt that any features were lacking within that time.

We've been using the solution for three years at this point.

The solution is quite stable. It's worked for two or three years with no downtime whatsoever. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's pretty reliable.

We haven't had any issues with scaling over the time we've had the solution. If a company needs to scale, it should be able to do so relatively easily.

We have about 300 users that log into the system at any given time.

We plan to increase usage. We have to extend our electronic fencing system to our other sites, and we will likely purchase another product from ProLiant when that happens.

There's another team for technical support. The technical support is very, very good and the experience in our organization has made us interested in buying more HP ProLiant. We're quite satisfied with the level of support they give to us.

While the company hasn't used a different solution, I personally have experience with Dell. I generally prefer to use HP instead.

The implementation is not complex at all. We find the initial setup to be quite straightforward.

The product was ordered and came complete and ready to go. It was basically plug and play, so that there really wasn't a deployment period per se. We just had to power it up and check the hardware. We put in the discs and had the spare parts on hand as well. They deliver it ready to go, so it's pretty fast.

We have five individuals that handle the implementation and maintenance. They are all engineers.

I don't consider it an expensive product. We're quite happy with the pricing so far. It's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with HP.

We're using the latest version of the solution. We purchased Gen 10 about a year or so ago.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations.

Overall, I would rate the product at a nine out of ten.

Download our free HPE ProLiant DL Servers Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: May 2022