Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

FireEye Helix OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

FireEye Helix is #4 ranked solution in top Security Incident Response tools and #22 ranked solution in top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. PeerSpot users give FireEye Helix an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. FireEye Helix is most commonly compared to Splunk: FireEye Helix vs Splunk. FireEye Helix is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is FireEye Helix?

FireEye Helix is a cloud-hosted security operations platform that allows organizations to take control of any incident from alert to fix. Available with any FireEye solution, FireEye Helix integrates your security tools and augments them with next-generation SIEM, orchestration and threat intelligence capabilities to capture the untapped potential of security investments. Designed by security experts, for security experts, it empowers security teams to efficiently conduct primary functions, such as alert management, search, analysis, investigations and reporting.

FireEye Helix was previously known as FireEye Threat Analytics.

FireEye Helix Customers

Police Bank, Verisk Analytics, Teck Resources

FireEye Helix Video

FireEye Helix Pricing Advice

What users are saying about FireEye Helix pricing:
  • "The price could be better. But I think it's rightly placed when we buy everything in one shot, and we get some discount for that. That's how we basically plan our deployment, and it's holistic. We pay for the license yearly."
  • "It could be cheaper, but that applies to every product."
  • FireEye Helix Reviews

CTO & CISO at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    Easy to set up with strong automation and few false positives
    • "The product offers very strong automation. Our cyber security analysts don't have to correlate the information to detect problems. They only need to analyze problems that have been identified by the platform."
    • "The graphical user interface could be improved. It's not easy to handle and it's not easy for a customer or end-user to learn how to manage the solution."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is typically used for sub-services, managed detection, and response services as well as advanced sub-services. The solution was managed by the company where I worked and we offered the services to the customer.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very high-quality. It offers a very small number of false positives. We don't have to get distracted by checking up on false data and making sure nothing is wrong.

The product offers very strong automation. Our cyber security analysts don't have to correlate the information to detect problems. They only need to analyze problems that have been identified by the platform.

The initial setup is very easy.

What needs improvement?

The graphical user interface could be improved. It's not easy to handle and it's not easy for a customer or end-user to learn how to manage the solution.

I first started working with the solution at my previous company, in 2017, and I continue to work with it. It's been over two or so years.

Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Trellix, Splunk, IBM and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: September 2022.
    633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is very stable. It's reliable. There aren't issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't freeze.

From a technical point of view, it's quite scalable. You only need to have agents on the endpoint or devices. It's really just a little less scalable from the economic point of view as there's a huge cost. The cost was a limiting factor for our organization. We had a limited budget and therefore acquired less of the solution than we technically need. There are parts that are not monitored, not because it can't physically scale but due to the fact that budget-wise, it's not possible.

The technical support has been very good. We're quite satisfied with the level of support we get.

The initial setup is not complex at all. It's a very straightforward implementation.

The deployment is also relatively quick. You can be online in about two or three days at the most. It does not require a lot of time.

It's quite an expensive solution. FireEye is one of the top artificial intelligence solutions on the market. It's not made for, in my opinion, small businesses. It's more for leading enterprises.

There are no hidden costs. We don't have professional services because they are very, very expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

With FireEye, everything is managed by cloud artificial intelligence.

The solution is built to target larger enterprises. Their market's different from many other markets as it's made for 99% of mid-sized enterprises of 1,000 or so people. In Italy, that's quite a large-sized company. We're most likely not their target market as our businesses tend to be a bit smaller.

If this solution would work for another company, I'd say it depends on the size of the company and the maturity level. For a small company that is not structured for security instruction and competencies, I wouldn't advise this solution. That said, it does offer a lot of features surrounding security and this is something that you can put on top of your security program if you have the right infrastructure in place.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. It does everything we need it to do. It's not really lacking in any regard.

BiswabhanuPanda - PeerSpot reviewer
    Tech Lead at Ivalue Infosolutions Pvt Ltd
    You can use it for everything, incident response, automated responses, alerts, visibility
    • "The most valuable features include predefined use cases and threatening states."
    • "Integrations could be improved, and the dashboard could be a little better."

What is our primary use case?

You can use it for everything, incident response, automated responses, alerts,  visibility.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features include predefined use cases and threatening states. If I'm investigating a threat, I can run a query, and it'll suggest the next query I'm supposed to write. And they're making a lot of enhancements.

What needs improvement?

Integrations could be improved, and the dashboard could be a little better. I've seen Splunk and Securonix; their dashboards are definitely better than Helix.

We've been using this solution for four or five years.

The solution is stable.

We had a lot of APIs, so we didn't have any issues with scalability.

Technical support is very responsive. Sometimes there is a delay. I understand, but it's okay.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We did not previously use a different solution. We looked at a couple, but we only thought of taking Helix.

I won't say setup was difficult, but I would say that integration-wise, there are certain challenges regarding the passing of top logs. Providing and collecting the logs is easy and pushing the logs, but pulling logs is difficult in Helix.

We have a very large setup. So it took us around three or four weeks.

We didn't use a third party. It was implemented by the professional services of our APS.

What other advice do I have?

I would give the product an overall rating of eight out of 10.

We have 10 people currently using this software. Six are on the list, plus two managers and two IR experts.

It's not possible for just one person to maintain the solution, and it's not really allowed. It has to be a team effort, with two or three people.

It's not about users. Helix works differently, collecting logs from 6,000 different sources integrated with the solution.

The licensing is not based on users; it's based on APIs. It's more of a SIEM SGL type of platform. It collects logs from around 6,000. But have around 10 people maintaining that.

Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
    September 2022
    633,184 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Sr Manager - Information Security & Researcher at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    A cloud-hosted security operations platform that's easy to use
    • "I like that it's easy. It's got the protection set up, and we can see whatever is required. We write our own rules and the rules that we can input. I think it is good."
    • "Sometimes the rules are disabled by FireEye, and we basically get it after the patch. I think there needs to be a better way of creating the application rules. I would like to see better pricing for our licensing."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for everything like our logs, data allocation, and ransomware. We basically do malware objects and malware callbacks. I think it's our integration tool. It's our centralized SIEM where we look at all the events, alerts and then do a tryout. The major playbooks that we use are ransomware and phishing campaigns. We basically use it for our PTI-based credit card fraud detection.

What is most valuable?

I like that it's easy. It's got the protection set up, and we can see whatever is required. We write our own rules and the rules that we can input. I think it is good.

What needs improvement?

I have been using FireEye Helix for three years.

FireEye Helix is a stable solution.

FireEye Helix is a scalable solution. I have about nine users on my team.

Technical support is good.

The price could be better. But I think it's rightly placed when we buy everything in one shot, and we get some discount for that. That's how we basically plan our deployment, and it's holistic. We pay for the license yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give FireEye Helix a nine.

SOC Services Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
    Simple, reliable, and easily deployable

What is our primary use case?

It is used for correlating data.

What is most valuable?

It is kind of simple and very easily deployable. You can start working with it very fast.

What needs improvement?

It should have more cloud connectors. It could also be cheaper.

I have been using this solution for almost three years.

It is reliable.

It is scalable.

Their support is okay. It is not bad.

It is very easy to deploy. Most of its maintenance is automatic. We just get the notification that it is going to happen. So far, we haven't faced any issues.

It was FireEye itself.

It could be cheaper, but that applies to every product.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate FireEye Helix an eight out of 10.

Download our free Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Trellix, Splunk, IBM, and more!
    Updated: September 2022