IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

WinAutomation by Softomotive OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

WinAutomation by Softomotive is #24 ranked solution in best RPA tools. PeerSpot users give WinAutomation by Softomotive an average rating of 6.6 out of 10. WinAutomation by Softomotive is most commonly compared to Microsoft Power Automate: WinAutomation by Softomotive vs Microsoft Power Automate. WinAutomation by Softomotive is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is WinAutomation by Softomotive?

WinAutomation provided by Softomotive is the world’s best desktop automation tool and provides a powerful, robust and easy to use Windows-based platform for building software robots.

WinAutomation brings the benefits of Robotic Process Automation to your desktop. It offers the most powerful, robust and easy to use Windows-based software that allows you to automate routine and repetitive tasks. WinAutomation helps you reduce costs and improve the overall speed and accuracy of business processes.

WinAutomation can automate ANY windows-based task you can imagine

Augment your own work by automating time consuming, repetitive tasks and free up valuable time for more value-added activities. WinAutomation can automate simple administrative tasks, involving simple data transfer between systems, to complex business processes and workflows. Interact with any Desktop or Web Applications, send e-mails, work with all kinds of documents and folders, search for images on the screen, work with FTPs, databases, MSOffice products and much-much more.

WinAutomation by Softomotive was previously known as Softomotive WinAutomation, WinAutomation.

WinAutomation by Softomotive Customers

xerox, harris&ford, JDM Wealth Management, Fetter Group

WinAutomation by Softomotive Video

WinAutomation by Softomotive Pricing Advice

What users are saying about WinAutomation by Softomotive pricing:
"This is a cost-effective RPA solution."

WinAutomation by Softomotive Reviews

Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Cost-effective with good support, but lacks the support to include coding
  • "The technical support is good."
  • "There is a limitation in setting up loops, where it does not support multiple conditions."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the tools that we implement for our clients.

We have been automating several tasks using this product. They include things like comparing Excel worksheets with the contents of databases, automation in database security, and we have internal logs that can be used to help developers pinpoint errors.

What is most valuable?

This is a cost-effective RPA solution.

What needs improvement?

WinAutomation is missing a lot of options that are available in UiPath. One limitation is that for logs, the only option is a CSV file. There is no option, for example, to work with an Excel file.

We would like to be able to write code, the way you can inside of UiPath.

We have been using WinAutomation for the past two months.

Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Automation Anywhere, UiPath and others in Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Updated: July 2022.
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This solution is stable.

This is a scalable product, although it is best for mid-sized industries.

The technical support is good. We had an issue and they were able to resolve it.

The installation and initial configuration were straightforward, taking not more than 10 minutes.

I deployed the product myself.

WinAutomation is cheaper than competing tools.

Our choice for using WinAutomation depends largely on the client. We will continue to use it, although if our client does not agree then we would have to use another tool.

What other advice do I have?

This is definitely a product that I can recommend. The price is cheaper than other tools and it has a lot of features.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Biswajit Mohanty - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager - RPA & Transition at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good learning and simple automation; OCR integrator should be improved
  • "I find WinAutomation's linear approach to the code and function calling valuable."
  • "WinAutomation is scalable to a certain extent. I would rate it seven for the scalability, which could be better. Softomotive is better scalable than WinAutomation in this regard."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for WinAutomation is financial. This solution can be used for desktop or front office automation; even the back office operations automations this solution can provide are good.

What is most valuable?

I find WinAutomation's linear approach to the code and function calling valuable. I also appreciate the effort they put toward the experience for the user; learning is good and automation is very simple.

What needs improvement?

WinAutomation's OCR integrator should be improved.

I have been using this solution for four years.

We haven't had are issues with stability.

WinAutomation is scalable to a certain extent. I would rate it seven for the scalability, which could be better. Softomotive is better scalable than WinAutomation in this regard.

I've found that they have a limited support team. Issues take longer to be resolved and there usually have to be a couple of followups with their tech support.

Before switching to WinAutomation, we used other products, including WorkFusion and Jacada. Some were better and some worse than WinAutomation for us. However, WinAutomation's license is cheaper, which is why we ultimately switched. Also, WinAutomation is easier to understand.

The initial setup was very straightforward.

I implemented WinAutomation myself.

As far as pricing goes, WinAutomation's earlier model was good. They were cheap. However, they changed the model. It's per work station now, which is okay.

Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
July 2022
622,645 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Samba Pandala - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Executive Officer at Rabbit and Tortoise Technology Solutions
Easy to set up and works well as a standalone solution, but scalability and support for Angular need to be improved
  • "The best feature is that it doesn't require any other connectivity."
  • "It should work better for Angular websites, as it has a lot of problems."

What is most valuable?

The best feature is that it doesn't require any other connectivity. As a standalone solution, it works well.

What needs improvement?

It should work better for Angular websites, as it has a lot of problems. It is not able to read the data from them as expected. In general, it should work better with modern websites.

Scalability needs to be improved so that it can support multiple bots.

There used to be a Process Watch feature, but it is now gone and should be put back.

I have been using WinAutomation by Softomotive for six months.

This is a stable product.

This is not a scalable product. The option is not there for adding multiple bots is not there. Because of this, we are moving to Power Automate. It is not advisable to have one bot that handles 10 missions.

The initial setup is easy.

We are transiting to Microsoft Power Automate because of the scalability.

If WinAutomation had Process Watch capabilities then it would be better than Power Automate, but without it, this solution has become very weak.

What other advice do I have?

Due to the issues with scalability, I do not recommend this product.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Automation Anywhere, UiPath, and more!
Updated: July 2022