IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SAP Signavio Process Intelligence OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Signavio Process Intelligence is #4 ranked solution in top Process Mining tools. PeerSpot users give SAP Signavio Process Intelligence an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. SAP Signavio Process Intelligence is most commonly compared to Celonis: SAP Signavio Process Intelligence vs Celonis. SAP Signavio Process Intelligence is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 36% of all views.
SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Buyer's Guide

Download the SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is SAP Signavio Process Intelligence?

Signavio Process Intelligence enables business users worldwide to run in-depth process analyses. ... Identify the root causes of poorly performing processes by detecting and visualizing compliance violations, monitor your process performance and act on critical cases and performance bottlenecks.

SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Customers
NBN, T-System, Transurban, Audi BKK, Taifun, Met Office, Esquel Group, Sivantos, Consensus, Sirona
SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Video

SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAP Signavio Process Intelligence pricing:
"I would not say the product was terribly expensive but I would not say it was cheap either."

SAP Signavio Process Intelligence Reviews

AnthonyMurphy - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of Process Optimization at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up, great for finding pain points, and has useful dashboards
  • "It's easy to set up."
  • "SAP has to figure out a better way to price it. Their licensing structure isn't ideal as it's based on data; therefore, it's hard to estimate client costs."

What is our primary use case?

It's a process mining tool.

The use cases have been secondary insights. We're working with clients to process insights and SAP insights. I look at their pain point processes and bring intelligence investigations to those processes. Intelligence by itself is expensive and scattered. However, if you want to focus on your pain point, it's highly effective.

What is most valuable?

Building the investment to start to just kind of build dashboards to monitor processes has been very useful. This product gives us the ability within intelligence to utilize signal programming or signal widgets to build monitoring within the issued processes. If I have a process and I've got, let's say, conformance issues, I can build those investigations within intelligence. I can monitor them on a daily basis to see how often these processes are following the right process flow and how many times are people outside that flow, for example. Also, we can use it to push simulation back into a manager so we can compare and process flows.

It's easy to set up.

What needs improvement?

The fact that SAP sold Celonis before buying Signavio is another issue I find with clients. They're using Signavio Mining and saying, "Why should I move to Intelligence?" SAP needs to figure that out also.

I've used the solution for about six months. I've used it since February of this year.

Celonis vs. SAP Signavio Process Intelligence
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Celonis vs. SAP Signavio Process Intelligence and other solutions. Updated: July 2022.
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We do use it in the cloud environment, although we have some clients that do on-prem. However, it is a very, very stable product. I haven't had any issues with it.

It's easily scalable. Obviously, you have to understand the data links and the APIs if it's a non-SAP platform. However, for the most part, it's easily scalable if you know how to build the data links.

We've had 15 to 20 people using the product. That includes both the company and clients. Listening to our process lead, I see them using the product. Those are the main people on it. People are really tied to the process. It's less IT, more of the transformation in the organization teams instead of really IT folks using it. That's the design for Signavio - to allow it to be resource usable and not have to wait for some IT group to do your work.

I can't speak to how helpful support would be. I've not needed it.

We haven't had any issues that we had to contact tech support on. We built the data feeds and everything easily on our own.

Celonis is another solution clients might gravitate towards, and the pricing is easier to estimate.

The initial implementation is very straightforward and very easy to set up.

It's the easiest product I've worked with on set up, the whole Transformation Suite.

The pricing structure isn't great right now.

The other modules are priced with licenses. For example, you can buy a manager license, and you can buy Collaboration Hub licenses. Intelligence is priced by data usage, and no one knows how to price the project since we never know how much data will be required to meet the client's needs.

That is an issue. Clients will move to Celonis if they can't figure out how much it will cost them to use Intelligence.

I've got SAP sales admins that can't figure out pricing, so how can we figure out the pricing outside of SAP?

What other advice do I have?

We are an SAP reseller. Basically that's due to the fact that we deal in a lot of SAP products. We are not, for example, resellers.

I have people part of my team that manage the cloud platform.

My first advice would be if you're going to add products to add Signavio Process Hub, do Insights, and then do Intelligence. Intelligence's value is in pinpointing pain areas. It's expensive to do all your processes in Intelligence. Therefore, you want Intelligence on focused processes.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. If the pricing wasn't so difficult, I would rate it ten out of ten.

Senior Consultant Business Design SAP at Q_PERIOR AG
User
Great for process mining, speeds up transformation, and is very stable
  • "By clearly defining process owners, customers can not only better achieve their goals but are always accountable to partners and audits."
  • "There could be more standard interfaces for importing data from the various systems in the process landscape."

What is our primary use case?

We use Signavio BPI to visualize the current cross-system process landscape of our customers. Based on this, we map against best practices and help our customers to identify the optimal transformation path via process/task mining.

Furthermore, we hand over the solution to our customers' departments and enable them to digitize their own business processes. PowerPoint or Visio are not required for this. In most cases, the effort required to create the latter documents leads to outdated documentation statuses.

How has it helped my organization?

Many customers have no or outdated process documentation. With Signavio, our customers learn to understand BPM as a discipline and lay the foundation for digital transformation themselves.

Our customers accept Signavio as the Microsoft Teams for operations and operational management. Once set up, Signavio drives the continuous optimization and innovation of business processes and makes them valuable and, above all, comparable through real-time KPIs.

What is most valuable?

Process Intelligence saves our customers effort in identifying process gaps not in time-consuming and error-prone fit/gap workshops, but automatically via process mining. We can then invest efforts into evaluating the gaps and thus lay the transformation path more quickly.

The Collaboration Hub is the Microsoft Teams for process-oriented collaboration. By clearly defining process owners, customers can not only better achieve their goals but are always accountable to partners and audits. The next step would be the process-oriented networking of entire companies.

What needs improvement?

Signavio is currently still focusing on the company's internal business processes. Looking to the future, it would be desirable to be able to conduct process mining not only within my E2E business processes but also across the entire supply chain. Knowing that not all parameters are given, Signavio offers the chance to take this elementary step in the network economy.

I have been using the solution for about seven years now (starting with studies and moving over to support process-oriented S/4HANA transformations).

The solution runs in a very stable manner and is continuously developed.

The solution is ideally suited for mapping complex processes across departments in large companies by a large number of employees.

In our view, Signavio is a pioneer in the digitization of BPM. We have not used any other tool in projects before.

The ROI is not yet possible to quantify.

As long as Signavio is still independent (there's potentially a recent acquisition SAP), it may make sense to make initial agreements today. Licenses will change after the merger.

We are currently also evaluating Celonis for further project initiations.

Other
Celonis vs. SAP Signavio Process Intelligence
July 2022
621,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Director at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
User friendly, automates well, but could be more business oriented and an updated UI
  • "The product is relatively user friendly, it does what you need it to do."
  • "The UI could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly are using Signavio to put together our workflows for our management.

What is most valuable?

The product is relatively user friendly, it does what you need it to do. It automates the creation of the processes quite easily.

What needs improvement?

It could be made slightly simpler and easier, a bit more business user-oriented, and some automation and intelligence built into the process mapping would be really good to see as well.

I have been using the solution for a couple of months.

It is a stable product.

Another solution I have used was Celonis.

The installation was relatively straight forward. We were up and running in six weeks.

We used three people to handle deployment and maintenance from our internal consultancy house.

The UI could be improved.

I would not say the product was terribly expensive but I would not say it was cheap either.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to others as long as it meets their requirements.

I rate Signavio Process Intelligence a six out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud