Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Salesforce Marketing Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is #1 ranked solution in top Social CRM tools, #1 ranked solution in top Marketing Automation tools, #1 ranked solution in top Social Media Management Systems, and #2 ranked solution in top Marketing Management tools. PeerSpot users give Salesforce Marketing Cloud an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Salesforce Marketing Cloud is most commonly compared to HubSpot Marketing Hub: Salesforce Marketing Cloud vs HubSpot Marketing Hub. Salesforce Marketing Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 68% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Salesforce Marketing Cloud?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud includes the set of marketing tools, built on a unified platform: Journey Builder, create 1-to-1 consumer journeys across all channels and departments. Email Studio, builds personalized email campaigns with the world's #1 email marketing platform. Salesforce DMP, capture and activate data from any source on a unified platform. Salesforce Data Studio, supports marketing with data from the premium data ecosystem. Social Studio listen, publish, and engage with your consumers across social media channels. Advertising Studio Target 1-to-1 advertising using your CRM data to acquire and re-engage consumers. Mobile Studio Personalize mobile interactions including SMS, push notifications, and group messaging. Interaction Studio Visualize, track, and manage realtime consumer experiences - driving valuable engagement at the right moment, just the way your audience prefers. And Pardot Unite marketing and sales on a single platform for B2B marketing automation.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud was previously known as ExactTarget.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Customers
American Express, Financial Conduct Authority, KPN, Merck KGaA, Peterborough City Council, The Chapar, ADP, Financial Times, Stanley Black & Decker, SureFlap, Western Union, Philips
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Video

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Salesforce Marketing Cloud pricing:
  • "The licensing cost for the solution is on a yearly basis."
  • "It is a license per user."
  • "The solution is paid for monthly."
  • Salesforce Marketing Cloud Reviews

Chief Marketing Officer- CMO at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Scalable CRM to personalize customer experience
    • "This is a very powerful and scalable solution."
    • "An additional feature needed would be better capacity for personalization."

What is our primary use case?

Inside our company, our primary use case is on the commercial field. But as an integrator, we've gotten a lot of use cases related to the use of the Salesforce ecosystem.

How has it helped my organization?

The way the solution improves the organization is to personalize the experience on the website. If you know the customer that is visiting your site, and you can personalize their experience, it can be very interesting and could increase the user experience and also the results.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's a CRM. You can build your data model and you can use this model to personalize the experience of your customers using, for example, the marketing cloud-connected with the CRM.

What needs improvement?

I think all areas of the solution always have room for improvement because the needs always are increasing. The CDP solutions could be one of the cloud solutions that need to be deployed as soon as possible. Another one that we are seeing as an integrator, for example, is loyalty. Salesforce has a loyalty cloud that is just at the beginning of its development. This is imperative to be developed better than it's currently now.

An additional feature needed for the next release of Marketing Cloud would be better capacity for personalization. They have many third-party tools such as interaction studio or CDP, and you want to see more connectivity. When you go from another vendor, it is necessary to implement changes and to integrate with your ecosystem. We are waiting for more integration.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using the solution since 2018.

The stability of the solution looks really great.

The scalability is incredible. Almost three upgrades per year with very, very nice functionalities. This solution is covered by Salesforce.

The technical support for Salesforce is good, but sometimes it's hard to contact them. When you open a ticket, you always get an answer, but there is room for improvement in that area.

I have used solutions by Oracle and Microsoft, but they are far from this solution. Very far. Oracle and Microsoft are not at the same level. Microsoft is just for the SMB market, not big companies, and the scalability and performance are better than in Salesforce.

The Salesforce solutions are quite complex to deploy. If you have to do many integrations with other data sources, it's quite complicated, but they have a very good web service and if you know whatever you're doing, it's easy to do. But for a person that is trying to deploy himself, it's quite complicated. It's not normally plug-and-play.

The length of deployment depends on the cloud that you're implementing, but normally for a large company, deployment would normally be more or less three months. It depends on the integration with your own system, for example, if you have any ERP such as SAP. Also the data model, then integration with marketing cloud. I'm talking about complex, complete deployment for the data model, such as marketing cloud solutions. Normally just three months to deploy this kind of infrastructure.

We manage the deployments ourselves.

There is an ROI, but I cannot share any information related to KPIs. But there is a return on investment, and in many cases that we are implementing, the ROI is why.

The licensing cost for the solution is on a yearly basis. If you are storing documents and you need more storage, it means more pricing or you have to move the storage to other clouds. To clouds such as Microsoft or Amazon.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is if you want a scalable solution, this is the solution, but it's necessary to have the support of a good partner to help deploy. You will need someone inside of the organization that has the knowledge to support the internal team.

I would rate the solution a nine out of ten. This is a very powerful and scalable solution. We can grow with the solution and they have many solutions around. For example, around CRM you have solutions related to integration, orchestration, personalization, support, analytics, and artificial intelligence. There's basically a solution for anything you need.

Private Cloud

Product Specialist at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Good technical support, extremely good scalability and very stable
    • "The solution is very, very scalable."
    • "The solution can be difficult to set up for non-technical individuals."

What is our primary use case?

Basically, in the present company where I'm working right now, I'm into the firewall purely on a security end. There are two kinds of deployment, whether it can be on-premises or on-cloud. We don't need any additional features or additional things to the firewall itself. If the customer is demanding "Okay, we want a specific cloud", they can have that flexibility. They specifically can name features and everything.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution helps to boost the basic revenue generation of a company.

What is most valuable?

The most interesting part is knowing your customer. If we go for any person who is just a random person we don't know anything at the start. However, we get to know something more about their infrastructure, their architecture, their flow, et cetera, over time. Accordingly, we can do some research and increase our productivity in our field and also in our company.

The solution is very, very scalable.

The solution is stable.

Technical support has always been helpful.

What needs improvement?

The product can improve security. If we can get better security on the cloud, it would be ideal. With the cloud, you don't need any infrastructure or any kind of end-user person. We'd like to increase the security protocols and increase the policies which have been assigned or have been deployed from years back.

The solution can be difficult to set up for non-technical individuals.

I've been in marketing for over five years, and in that time, have adopted Salesforce.

The solution is quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. It helps if there's a technical person on hand to handle the deal flow when pitching to customers to showcase proper handling.

The solution is completely scalable. The sky really is the limit. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so as much as it wants.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. It's been pretty good overall. They seem to be helpful and responsive. We're satisfied with their level of support.

The initial setup can vary in complexity.

If a customer is from a non-technical department or a non-technical field, then we struggle a bit in explaining what needs to be done. However, if a particular person is knowledgeable about the technology or the upcoming trends, it will be a fairly easy process.

The pricing is reasonable. However, it depends on the particular customer. It depends on what their needs are and how much of the product they will use, et cetera.

The pricing can also vary depending on the deployment model.

What other advice do I have?

I'm in distribution. I'm a developer.

We work with different deployment models, depending on what the client needs.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Salesforce Marketing Cloud
    September 2022
    633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Regional Sales Engineer at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
    Intuitive, real-time reporting, and it meets with all of our data requirements
    • "It's a software-as-a-service solution. Everything is managed centrally from the cloud. As far as I can tell, installation is relatively simple."
    • "The performance is sometimes sluggish, but I think that's to be expected with a heavy CRM tool because they're running reports in real-time on the data that you have entered."

What is our primary use case?

CRM stands for customer relationship management. The CRM contains all of the customer data requirements, contacts, projects, and support issues.

What is most valuable?

As a user, I believe it meets our requirements.

What needs improvement?

The performance is sometimes sluggish, but I think that's to be expected with a heavy CRM tool because they're running reports in real-time on the data that you have entered. Since it's a global tool, I am sure all businesses use it in some capacity.

It's a heavily loaded tool. Whenever you're retrieving any data that's being retrieved on live data, keep that in mind. It's only as good as your data. If you have a lot of fields on your page that you want to load, it will take a minute or 30 seconds to load. But it's just that now that we live in the 2.0 world, everything is sort of there for you right away. So it feels a little slow in that regard, but I suppose there's not much else they can do at this point.

I have been working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud for three years since I joined the company.

As it's a cloud-based solution, it is always the latest version that we are using.

I don't have any issues with the stability of Salesforce Marketing Cloud

We have 200 users in our company.

We intend to increase our usage, but not massively.

I have not contacted technical support.

I have not used a different CRM solution.

Based on my previous technical experience, I would say that you can install it yourself. You would need a Salesforce administrator, or a dedicated person to do it, but it's a fairly intuitive tool.

The Salesforce team creates a tenant for us that is separate from their other customers. And we are benefiting from their SaaS solution.

It is a license per user. There could be a minimum limit, but I'm pretty sure it's a per-user license.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a user, not an administrator, so I wouldn't know much about the features, but the ones we use work fine.

I would definitely recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate Salesforce Marketing Cloud a ten out of ten.

Sr. Systems Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
    MSP
    Central management, easy to build reports, and high availability
    • "The most valuable feature of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the reporting engine. Reports are very good and easy to build."
    • "In a future release, adding end-user personalization would be a benefit."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Salesforce Marketing Cloud for the CRM functionality. We have the accounts for each of our customers, the contact points, the opportunities, and the lists of assets, and entitlements they have. We can have a comprehensive view of all the customer history inside our company, such as contract dates. If they need to renew or replace anything, it's easier to keep in touch with the customer, because we have the information in a single place.

How has it helped my organization?

Salesforce Marketing Cloud has helped the organization by having centralized management capabilities. We have all the information from a single point of view. It is useful for me, for example, if I am to be looking at a customer account with my boss, which is in a different location from me, we can see the same account. He has access to the same piece of information I have. He has more access and can bring me more details. The solution is good for collaborative work, things can get done faster.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the reporting engine. Reports are very good and easy to build.

What needs improvement?

Salesforce Marketing Cloud could improve by having the ability to detect duplicate accounts. Sometimes you search for a customer and you have five or six different records for the same customer. You look inside, all the records have the same data, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud says it could not find any duplicate accounts for it. It would be nice to have more intelligence for the detection of duplicates.

In a future release, adding end-user personalization would be a benefit.

I have been using Salesforce Marketing Cloud for approximately four years.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a stable solution.

The scalability of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is good.

We have approximately 600 to 700 users using this solution from the sales and marketing team.

I have not used the support from Salesforce Marketing Cloud, but I heard it was good.

The implementation of Salesforce Marketing Cloud was done by the vendor.

The maintenance is done by the vendor.

What other advice do I have?

There are many different pieces of Salesforce, I would advise others to run a deep analysis and a proof of concept to evaluate everything before purchasing because it's a huge solution. It has very different modules and features. It may be too big for what they need. It's important to evaluate and do a proof of concept.

I rate Salesforce Marketing Cloud a nine out of ten.

Demand Generation Associate at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Helpful technical support, great automation, and easy to deploy
    • "The automation is great. It saves us a lot of time and it makes us move faster."
    • "I've noticed on one-to-one leads, the customer objection option is not available."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for email marketing.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution has made it easier and faster in marketing, specifically around automation.

In the deployment of lists, we can get a lead and share it with marketing right away. Everything is integrated within Salesforce. The sales team can connect to the potential client in regards to the product or project. Everyone can work together.

What is most valuable?

The automation is great. It saves us a lot of time and it makes us move faster.

The solution has been stable overall.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The solution can scale.

Technical support has been helpful when we have raised tickets.

What needs improvement?

I really don't have any problem with the solution.

That said, I've noticed on one-to-one leads, the customer objection option is not available. Whenever I need to map the two same email letters with multiple forms, submissions, et cetera, we need to save time. There are just a few ways in which the solution doesn't allow us to customize so well. We'd like to see more features available to us.

We have found the solution to be stable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution seems to be scalable.

We have about ten people on it right now.

We've already increased usage.

Technical support is fine. If we raise a ticket, we get the help we need.

We did use a different solution, however, we switched based on the pricing.

The initial setup isn't too bad. It's not overly difficult.

For us, the deployment took about three months.

We have four or five people that are able to handle maintenance requirements.

We handled the implementation in-house. Our marketing team handled it in part.

We have seen an ROI since using this product.

We do have to pay for a license. We don't have to pay for any extras.

What other advice do I have?

My company is a Salesforce customer. We do not have a specific business relationship with the organization.

I'm not sure which version number we're using.

I'd recommend this solution to other companies with marketing teams. It's not ideal for individuals.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

SriniDhanaraj - PeerSpot reviewer
    Head of Data at Gauri Ltd
    Reliable, effective for small to medium business, and beneficial lead to opportunities
    • "The most valuable feature of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the seamless conversion of lead to opportunity, in relation to orders is good. That seamless connection is beneficial and simple."
    • "When you use your iPhone or Android phone, Salesforce is not as user-friendly as it could be. That UX needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Salesforce Field Service for engineer visits. For example, to keep track of when they visit and when they went to service.  All this can be done through the Salesforce field service. In adition, we mainly use it in the marketing space, we did two project(s).

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the seamless conversion of lead to opportunity, in relation to orders is good. That seamless connection is beneficial and simple.

What needs improvement?

React Native is a newmobile app based framework, where you can build one framework which will work with Android, iPhone, tablets, and all browsers. What you see is what you get on all the different platforms. I get this in Salesforce as well, but the UX is not beautiful. This is not required for business, but when you spend some money, the UI should look very beautiful.

I have been using  Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Field Service for approximately 4 Years

Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a stable solution.

The scalability of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is good.

We have two clients using this solution and one of them has over 100 field engineers are using it.

We provide support for Salesforce, Marketing, Sales, CPQ, Service/Field service and Tableu Reporting .

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

I have used SAP CRM previously and Salesforce Marketing Cloud is more flexible.

The initial setup or implementation is straightforward. You can be in operation within three to four weeks subject to the scope and size of the Organaisation.

We have approximately seven people for the maintenance and support of Salesforce Marketing Cloud and another 5 to 7 consultants for Field service space.

The solution is paid for monthly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution for small to medium companies. If they are large enterprises I would choose SAP CRM.

I rate Salesforce Marketing Cloud an eight out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Salesforce Silver Partner
    Solutions Architect at a consumer goods company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Great email solutions and automation with useful control over customer data
    • "The Journey and CloudPages and automation are all great."
    • "The pricing is a bit high."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Salesforce Marketing Cloud in our beverage company. This company is in Costa Rica. We're using it to get all the information we need from potential prospects. It is not being used for B2B business. It's more being used for B2C, where we collect a lot of information with CloudPages about all the brands we have.

We have an average of 50 brands here in the company. We used to work with partners on the marketing side, however, we never got all the data we wanted and we didn't have the centralized data from our end-users.

The aim of this project, from the beginning, was to get all the information and have it as our own, to be collected on our systems and our databases. We're using it for marketing in that way. We're still working with partners, however, now the partners needs to use our solution, instead of using any solution they have.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a lot of great aspects. We have the Social Studio. We have, DMP and Audience Studio. We're using the email solution as well. The Journey and CloudPages and automation are all great. We use all of them for the most part.

What needs improvement?

The pricing is a bit high. In our country our company is one of the biggest, however, the price is really high even for us sometimes.

We are looking for CDP solutions. Salesforce was offering that to be ready and this year, however, it seems it's not ready yet. It could be in January. On the other hand, SAP has the solution already implemented, which makes them a more appealing solution for us right now. The business is pushing us to move to another solution due to the fact that they need the CDP solution ASAP.

I've been using the solution for three years at this point.

We were comparing also this solution with the SAP Marketing Cloud.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with Salesforce.

We have the complete suite for marketing on Salesforce here. It is an enterprise-level product.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

KishorAhire - PeerSpot reviewer
    Principal Technical Lead at Tieto Sweden AB
    Good notifications and data management but user management could be better
    • "It is straightforward to set up."
    • "User management could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for customer ticket management and for services.

What is most valuable?

The data management is great. We like how it is organized. I'm able to view the tickets in a well-organized manner. That is quite useful.

The notifications as well are good.

It is straightforward to set up.

It is a scalable product.

What needs improvement?

User management could be better.

I've been using the solution for four months or so now.

It's too early to say if it is properly stable. I've been using it for just four months, and I've just been onboarded for two months. That said, I have had no issues.

The solution can scale well.

We have 12 people using the solution on my project. I'm not sure if other people or other teams are also using it. I'm not sure if marketing plans to increase usage at this time.

I've never used technical support.

We previously used Jira and migrated to Salesforce.

The solution is very straightforward and simple to implement. It's not complex at all.

That said, I have not deployed it myself. It was another team who handled it. I don't know about the details. I also do not have details in regards to maintaining it and if we have any team members dedicated to that task.

I'm not sure of the exact costs. That's handled at an organizational level.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version on the cloud.

I'd advise potential users to try before they buy so that can see it in action and decide if they like it. Pricing should be looked into too. If it's small-scale, it's okay. I'm not sure about large-scale costs.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.